Red haired man with boy (no photo)

Mensch

Former Member
Reaction score
There is a photo of a man with long red hair holding a boy over his head. I did not post the photo because of the rule against sleuthing minors. However, my focus is on the man.

Does anyone know if the boy has been identified? If so, perhaps the man was also identified? There are adults in some photos and I believe were known by Alcala. He could not have lived in a bubble, snapping photos. Men like him usually share photos and a few beers, so to speak.

After reading the article below, I am more interested in the man with the red hair. May be nothing at all, but it does interest me.

Any ideas or input?

California killer may be linked to Seattle slayings in 1970s

Seattle cold-case detectives are investigating whether a convicted killer in California is connected to the slayings here of two teens years ago.

Excerpt:
..."Antionette Witaker, 13, known by her friends and family as Tony, was a tough girl who would often fight with her mother and run away from home. But Tony had a romantic streak; she loved to write poetry and sign her work in elegant longhand, according to a 1978 Seattle Times story.

She had been living in a foster home when she walked out the door with the unknown man with long reddish-colored hair on the night of July 9, 1977.

A week later, her body was found, fully clothed and propped up on her hands and knees, in a vacant lot in the 2200 block of Northeast 95th Street in Lake City. Seattle police said it appeared that her body had been there for about a week.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2011445336_serialkiller26m.html

Is this the man?
(I cropped the original photo to remove as much of the child as possible.)
rhm1a.jpg

Is this the man?
rhm1a.jpg

Sadly I think this is the man doing the bridge pose. I just had that feeling.

Also, I have a feeling perhaps the little girl in the yellow sweater with the band aid on her finger is related to them.

Is this the man?
rhm1a.jpg
Yes jessunlil, that is the photo. I just think it is odd that LE is investigating the possibility Alcala could be the murderer of the girl in this article when she was last seen leaving with a red haired man. No mention of a beard. Still I do not believe he acted alone. Just MOO

Can you possibly change the image lighting and pull up anything on the medallion around his neck?

Here is another link to an article where LE is looking into the death of two girls with Alcala as possible suspect. Again, one was last seen with a red haired man.

..."In the late 1970s, two Seattle girls were slain within a few months of each other, their bodies found outdoors posed in awkward positions. One was sexually assaulted..."

Okay, the red haired man. My thoughts. The day these pictures came out, I saw this one and the guy gave me some really really bad vibes. Maybe it was the look on his face, maybe it was his gestures. He's holding this kid and the kid is laughing like the guy is playing with him but the guy has this look like he is going to throw the kid off a cliff or something. Maybe is my imagination as a writer but I really had a bad feeling that he was involved with Alcala in a bad way. Also, he doesnt look like the kid at all which may not mean anything but it could indicate he is not related.

It's like I was saying in the thread I started about polanski. I think it is quite possible that he had other's help him. Its not easy to kill someone, pose them, and get rid of the bodies by one's self I would think. Many serial killers have had help at one point or another. I was just reading about one in NM who had his step daughter helping him FGS. sick. He could have killed the guys too after using them for a while.

There is another one I got this feeling with, the one where they guy is laying on a mattress in what appears to be Alaca's Greenwich apartment. There is a girl and he is giving her weird looks too, like yeah baby drink that drink your going to need it.

My personal take is that this is a random man and his son that Alcala took a pic of. Alcala was a photographer, and I am sure he also took photos for the sake of taking photos.

Okay, the red haired man. My thoughts. The day these pictures came out, I saw this one and the guy gave me some really really bad vibes. Maybe it was the look on his face, maybe it was his gestures. He's holding this kid and the kid is laughing like the guy is playing with him but the guy has this look like he is going to throw the kid off a cliff or something. Maybe is my imagination as a writer but I really had a bad feeling that he was involved with Alcala in a bad way. Also, he doesnt look like the kid at all which may not mean anything but it could indicate he is not related.

It's like I was saying in the thread I started about polanski. I think it is quite possible that he had other's help him. Its not easy to kill someone, pose them, and get rid of the bodies by one's self I would think. Many serial killers have had help at one point or another. I was just reading about one in NM who had his step daughter helping him FGS. sick. He could have killed the guys too after using them for a while.

There is another one I got this feeling with, the one where they guy is laying on a mattress in what appears to be Alaca's Greenwich apartment. There is a girl and he is giving her weird looks too, like yeah baby drink that drink your going to need it.

The photos of the men really bother me, except for the man and children at the beach, which I believe was taken to view the children.
Here is a photo I believe to be Antoinette Whitaker because of the article by her sister. THIS is the victim that was last seen with a red haired man yet they are doing dna testing for Alcala connection. Just can't shake this logic.

http://upload.skcentral.com/images/gm9erfjguycqu55mj8z.jpg

http://www.skcentral.com/news.php?readmore=4284

My personal take is that this is a random man and his son that Alcala took a pic of. Alcala was a photographer, and I am sure he also took photos for the sake of taking photos.
Imbackon, I tend to agree with you, I am just wondering how one victim could be last seen with one man and murdered by another (possibly) and the men not be connected. Of course there are thousands of red haired men. Just seemed odd one is in Alcala's collection. Also, this victim was stabbed to death. Not Alcala's MO.....posing victims was and this one was posed.

If I remember correctly, one article talked about how Alcala loved to brag that he was a member of Mensa and alway's wore a gold medallion necklace that represented him being a member.

When I saw this picture it reminded me of that and made me wonder, could it be a friend from that group? Just a thought.

I agree. Alcala has been investigated a lot over the years by various LE agencies and I think if there were a possible second suspect, they would have uncovered him as a POI by now.

If I remember correctly, one article talked about how Alcala loved to brag that he was a member of Mensa and alway's wore a gold medallion necklace that represented him being a member.

When I saw this picture it reminded me of that and made me wonder, could it be a friend from that group? Just a thought.

Can you remember and post a link where you read about the Mensa and particularly "a gold medallion necklace" that represented Mensa? Would like to read and see that medallion.

Me neither, that's why I was asking. I can't see to find a pendant.

I will try to find the link for ya. I don't think it had a picture of the medallion though...just the person writing the article talking about it.

Here is another link to an article where LE is looking into the death of two girls with Alcala as possible suspect. Again, one was last seen with a red haired man.

..."In the late 1970s, two Seattle girls were slain within a few months of each other, their bodies found outdoors posed in awkward positions. One was sexually assaulted..."

Mensch I found alot of information archived about Joyce Gaunt. Sadly there is as we read hardly anything on poor Tony Witaker. I too believe it was because of her race that there's not alot to find out because people just blew it off. Not all people of course, but it sure looks that way.

Here's the information at this thread I found about Joyce Gaint. It also has photographs of Seaward Park where she was found. That is helpful as well. See Post #15 at this link.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98686&highlight=joyce+gaunt

Good lookout, Smiles.

If this medallion on this rehaired guy is gold it has to be worth something. If it's from MENSA who knows? Could be though.

O/T but if I had a dime for every guy in my past told me they were a member of MENSA I'd be rich. What's up with that? I mean if you are truly that intelligent why do you have to talk about it? Plus no doubt anyone can buy that jewelry. Pssssssh.

Hi,
I tried playing with the picture of the red -haired man's medallion and it appears to me that the medallion is flipped over and you're seeing the back of it. I'll keep working and when I get it clear I'll post it.
Jen

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck
Back