Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
    Never have I posted on this topic, but I have followed it. I was interested in this story, just didn't have anything to offer. I am just kinda an outsider looking in and see where both sides are coming from. Yes, some people in this particular discussion do come off as having "attitudes" right now. I do not blame any of you, you were taken advantage of and poured so much heart and effort into this. Have an attitude all you want, you are entitled to it. You are angry and hurt.
    I do not blame those who want to see the proof of this and I understand why we can't. I, quite frankly, would like to as well because I can't belive someone would do something to such a kind hearted group of people. There could be an explanation for this, but I trust Tricia's word on this. How could he do this to all of you who tirelessly tried to give him his name back. I think a few others might feel the same way, just disbelief that this could happen.
    My questions are, if anyone can help me out, do you now know his real identitiy? Just a yes or no, no names. And why? Why did he let this go on for so long? is it that he didn't want his ID known? If so, why did BK keep going along with this? Why did he do this? I just do not understand.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to 2sisters For This Useful Post:

Cubby is offline 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
    No, we do not know his real identity.

Why he chose to do this? I can't say..... and I won't attempt to. My reasons for participating currently are in support of my fellow WS'rs.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Websleuths Resource Center

Call Kurtis - Psychics and the Missing

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:

I have casually followed this case but never posted. I think the work you all did was great, and I hope you aren't too discouraged. There are "con" men and women all over the place. Last year I recall 2 different situations on WS where the cases ended up being frauds and a lot of people were upset. Apparently the posters wanted ATTENTION. It's a powerful drug. Who knows why BK did what he did.

Many years ago I had a friend and through a lot of sleuthing we found out her husband was having an affair, all his over night work was really a lie and he had just been hanging out with this other woman. We confronted him and his girlfriend at a bar. He called me every name in the book and told me to stay far away from him and quit interfering with his family. She told me a divorce was imminent.

A week later she called and said her husband had amnesia after receiving nitrous gas at the dentist. He didn't know her, their kids, or his parents, and she was going to dedicate herself to creating their new life, since he had no one but her now. I "met" him weeks later and he shook my hand. Incredible what people will do when they want to start over, isn't it?

6. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to chicagofa13 For This Useful Post:

Don't know if this is the right place for this, but I have been reading up on scabies and have found some interesting facts.
    According to medicinenet.com:

• Scabies can only live of the host body for 24-36 hours under most conditions.
    • Transmission involves close person-to-person contact of the skin-to-skin variety.
    • It is nearly impossible to contract scabies by shaking hands, sharing coats, or bedclothes etc.
    • Sexual contact is the most common form of transmission, but close physical contact, such as hugging, can spread scabies as well.
    • Norwegian scabies is a particularly severe form of scabies, causing crusting of the skin, and is often caused by sexual contact, and in fact, this type is considered a sexually transmitted disease. Crusted or Norwegian scabies most frequently affects the elderly, people with compromised immune systems such as those with AIDS, lymphoma, and other conditions that affect the immune response. This type of scabies is wide spread over the skin, but there is minimal itching. One of the dangers with this type of scabies is secondary infection, such as staph infection.
    • Regular" scabies produces small bumps and blisters between fingers, on the wrists, back of elbows, etc.
    I am looking for a few good sleuthers to help Missie find her sister--please, please, please bring your fresh ideas!!

Deanna Merryfield:
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58438

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Julessleuther For This Useful Post:

So what happens from here? Is he still in need of help? Is he actually a missing or unidentified person? Is anyone still going to help him? I just don't understand any of this.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 2sisters For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    No, we do not know his real identity.

Why he chose to do this? I can't say..... and I won't attempt to. My reasons for participating currently are in support of my fellow WS'rs.
    Can't say as in you don't know or that you just aren't at liberty to say? I am just baffled by all of this!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 2sisters For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Thank you for posting this Voice'. I think it has and will. If I can respectfully say so some of the replies may have been interpreted by yourself and others newer to the case as a direct result of BK participating here and our having our ' we need to be sensitive to the victim ' hats on. Maybe overcautiously in some circumstances with info presented from new eyes like yourself.

I know this group pretty well and I can be honest saying at one time or another each one of us had had some very strong differences of opinions on idea's or avenues of research. We expressed them at times and a few days later all was good and back to normal. It might also have been intepreted by a newer member as unreceptive or unresponsive because sometimes we might be so caught up in the area we'd been focusing on we may have ended up with a bit too much tunnel vision. I can at least say that for myself with regards to this case and how I see it in hindsight. It is good to be aware of though.....
    I very much respect your insight and all you did to help BK. I can't even begin to imagine the emotions you are feeling right now. Thank you for taking the time here to help the rest of us understand and to answer our questions!
    Where is James Perryman? http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...james+perryman

"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain’t goin’ away! ~ Elvis Presley

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Voice4theSilent For This Useful Post:

Cubby is offline 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
    We really don't know. If he has an open case and is listed with Doenetwork etc. we would do what we usually do, await LE confirmation of an ID and then follow their lead if they released a name or not. That is pretty standard procedure here when making official id's.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Websleuths Resource Center

Call Kurtis - Psychics and the Missing

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:

Tricia,

Thank you for letting us know about this. You are a straight-shooter, and I'm glad for that.

I am very disappointed in BK - especially since he hasn't made a statement here, whether it be an assertion that he really is an amnesiac, or an apology.

18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to PaulR For This Useful Post:

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Hope no one gets mad at me but I am going to close this thread down for the night.

Mod's if you get up in the morning and want to open it before I do feel free.

Thanks everyone. More on Saturday.

Tricia
    PICK YOUR FAVORITE POST AND NOMINATE IT FOR THE WEBSLEUTHS POST OF THE DAY

Tricia Griffith
    triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com
    6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H # 214
    Park City UT

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Tricia For This Useful Post:

Did BK or NB ever seem upset about any particular missing person the sleuthers thought were a match?

The reason I am asking is they insisted he was not a homeless man... and he was..
    Maybe the sleuthers have found the match and it was refused or ignored by BK & NB.

Another thing that comes to mind is the spelling of his name.. he made perfectly clear it was BenJAMin... now that I don't trust him.. I am wondering about that..

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wendy101 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Zaha View Post
    Maybe the sleuthers have found the match and it was refused or ignored by BK & NB.
    If BK knows his identity and doesn't want it discovered, then this wouldn't be surprising.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PaulR For This Useful Post:

Lexiintoronto is offline Behind every successful man is a woman rolling her eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulR View Post
    Tricia,

Thank you for letting us know about this. You are a straight-shooter, and I'm glad for that.

I am very disappointed in BK - especially since he hasn't made a statement here, whether it be an assertion that he really is an amnesiac, or an apology.
    Maybe he forgot about Websleuths.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lexiintoronto For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Lexiintoronto View Post
    Maybe he forgot about Websleuths.
    I don't think he forgot Lexii. Unless he developed a more pronounced regression in his amnesia since 9pm last night. He was here, reading I imagine, for the better part of a half hour.

"I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything; but I still can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do." ~Helen Keller~

Sometimes a man can meet his destiny on the road he took to avoid it.

28. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Shutterfly For This Useful Post:

I have to admit, the more I think about it and consider all of the evidence, the more it seems that BK's whole story is a fraud and that he does know his real identity. Many of you have come to this conclusion and don't want to see it any other way.

HOWEVER, I'd like to remind everyone that the only DIRECT evidence anyone has of a deception is the fact that he didn't have injuries consistent with being beaten according to the RHPD and paramedics. It is very easy to make inferences and assume that he must therefore be lying about the whole story, but I can't bring myself to believe that for certain. As I have said before in this thread, I cannot stress enough how important it is for us to be objective and not let our personal feelings about this case undermine the massive amounts of research done over the last few years. In my opinion, just because there are inconsistencies with BK's story does not mean that he is being completely dishonest about everything. It is still entirely plausible to me that he has amnesia or some type of memory problem.

I consider myself to be a fairly empathetic person. I always try to consider things from different perspectives and put myself in other's shoes. In this situation, it is hard to know what it would be like to have amnesia and remember so little about my life and identity. But, I would imagine the more time passed, the more hopeless it would seem that I would ever know anything. I would be scared, anxious, and uneasy about what truths might be uncovered about my former life. If I had strangers devoting their time and doing extensive research on me simply out of the kindness of their hearts, I can understand why the possibility of being homeless or a bum or vagrant might be utterly humiliating. I might rather not ever know my identity than to find out I was a nobody, or even worse, that I had a dark past full of mistakes and misfortunes.

Basically what I'm hoping you all realize is that there are still an endless number of possibilities in this case. Sure, it is possible that BK is a con-artist who managed to fool everyone for years... but it is also possible that he is a frightened amnesiac who made some false statements out of desperation. He could very well be telling the truth when he says that he remembers almost nothing about the day he was found near the dumpster, and he simply came up with something that made the most sense to him.

I haven't posted much, but I can assure you all that I am just as knowledgeable about the details of BK's case as anyone else here (with the possible exceptions of Kentjbkent and Tricia). Over the last 4 months, I have read literally every single post made in this forum, and basically everything that's been reported elsewhere on the internet. I cannot and will not consider this a closed case until more information is uncovered. Benjaman has a Facebook account, a Facebook group dedicated to him, a Wikipedia article, a section on the Dr. Phil website, a documentary in the making, and numerous other articles and postings all over the internet. Until we are able to get to the bottom of this and prove something definitively, thousands of people will continue to wonder and speculate about BK.

For those of you interested in continuing the search, I believe that the recent discovery of a close DNA match to Robert Holden Davidson is potentially the best lead we've had. I am not an expert in DNA analysis, but I am a very experienced amateur genealogist. It seems very likely to me that BK is either a descendant or cousin of RHD. With such a close match, it is almost certain that they share a fairly recent common male ancestor.

Here is what I have uncovered about RHD:

He was the son of John McNeil Davidson, and the grandson of Thomas Bell Davidson. Thomas immigrated from Fife, Scotland and was a pioneer who settled in Utah. This is a very large family, and there are a number of related adult male Davidsons who immigrated during the mid-1800's, several of whom settled in Utah. To make it even more complicated, many of these men were married more than once and had several sons. There are possibly dozens of male Davidsons alive today who descend from this family. Some branches of this family are Mormon and therefore have an interest in genealogy. I am in the process of finding descendants who I can contact and ask about BK, but it is a slow process. Anyone who would like to help or provide additional insight is welcome. There are public family trees and more information available on ancestry.com and other websites. A Google search on a few of these names would be a good place to start. I feel pretty confident that pursuing this path could lead us to finding BK's true identity. He is definitely related to this family in some way, it's just a matter of finding out how.

30. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to TheGodfather For This Useful Post:

Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast