861 users online (132 members and 729 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Admitted to the hospital for two weeks for treatment of scabies? No way, no how. Even the worst case of scabies in the world wouldn't merit a two week hospital stay (unless there were horrific sequelae like sepsis from infected wounds or something).

Quote Originally Posted by Concerned Mom View Post
    Until I see proof of what you are claiming, I respectfully disagree.

He has not been able to create a new identity for himself, other than a name he thinks might be his. How is this a new identity?

Again, where are you getting this info that he is bogus?
    See post number 30 with regards to RHPD's statements. That is how I arrived at the conclusion BK's story is 'bogus'.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    BK's nurse friend had to have known?
    Just for the record, "Nurse Betty" did not get involved with Benjaman until 2007 when she was working for Union Mission and he was living at Grace House, the men's residential unit so I think it is speculative to suggest what she may know and how she came to know that information.

She has been the only source I have found in regards to media reports, and they did eventually admit that they DID receive copies of Bemjaman's medical records from Memorial (after denying it) and Memorial confirmed in email that they did not ask or require Benjaman to pay $800 for medical record copies as he stated.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentjbkent View Post
    Will try to address your questions to the best of my knowledge.

I personally wonder if BK has no desire to return to where he came from and is instead, much more comfortable in the life that has been created for him. I have other strong suspicions of possible motives but until they can be documented, I will keep them to myself.
    (Respectfully snipped.)

Thank you for such an informative post!

In a way I could understand this last bit, though, even if he were legitimately an amnesiac - he's been Benjamin Kyle for quite some time, so one gets used to their current circumstances, and I think I would be scared to find out my original identity, just in case it was worse than my current situation. JMO.

OK - I'll go back to lurking now. (Really don't mean to get up anyone's nose on this so don't shoot.)

Quote Originally Posted by annemc2 View Post
    Admitted to the hospital for two weeks for treatment of scabies? No way, no how. Even the worst case of scabies in the world wouldn't merit a two week hospital stay (unless there were horrific sequelae like sepsis from infected wounds or something).
    Or because they had nowhere else to send you since you did not have a known residence, and couldn't risk exposing several residents of a men's homeless shelter facility

Quote Originally Posted by WhyaDuck? View Post
    I really think it would be a good time for someone to hear something from BK on this matter.

I, for one, am perfectly willing to hear him out.

He logged in earlier in the week, but this forum was closed so hopefully he may reappear now that it is open again?

Does the hospital claim they kept him for 2 weeks? They would never keep him that long for scabies.

Two weeks in a hospital is a very serious injury or disease.
    .............Any man's death diminishes me because I am
    involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls;
    it tolls for thee. . . .
    from Meditation 17
    by John Donne

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Fessel View Post
    Does the hospital claim they kept him for 2 weeks? They would never keep him that long for scabies.

Two weeks in a hospital is a very serious injury or disease.
    Is it possible they kept him because he said his memory was gone and they spent the time trying to find the cause of that?
    Last edited by WhyaDuck?; 04-09-2010 at 12:33 AM.

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    When I spoke to the officer today at the RHPD I expressed my opinion that BK was not telling the truth. He then said, "You should call Dr. Phil's people." I found that to be interesting especially in light of the fact that Dr. Phil is no longer taking BK's calls.

The officer I spoke to was one of the responding cops to the Burger King dumpster where BK was located. He saw it all.

No head injuries, No beaten body, nothing. Why would BK and Nurse Betty claim otherwise?

As to why this wasn't discovered earlier by other departments or even other media all I can say is sometimes people believe what they hear and don't do their job and investigate. This happens all the time. It is really that simple.
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

OR

Quote Originally Posted by Kentjbkent View Post
    Just for the record, "Nurse Betty" did not get involved with Benjaman until 2007 when she was working for Union Mission and he was living at Grace House, the men's residential unit so I think it is speculative to suggest what she may know and how she came to know that information.

She has been the only source I have found in regards to media reports, and they did eventually admit that they DID receive copies of Bemjaman's medical records from Memorial (after denying it) and Memorial confirmed in email that they did not ask or require Benjaman to pay $800 for medical record copies as he stated.
    Interesting. I stepped back from this case ages ago because of something odd NB said or did. I don't even remember what it was now, but it caused me to step back.

Question for you. Do you know if anyone ever went to the homeless camp and did a pic ID or something with BK?

How many of the missing people the sleuthers thought were BK were ruled out becuase BK or NB said "no" it's not him???

I often wonder exactly how many people call and said they have seen him before, I know of the pastor.. but what is interesting is, no one has ever said his REAL name!

I believe BK is a man with a bad past and he does not want to return to it and does not want to face reality because of what he may have done....

I do have to hand it to the guy, he is very well spoken, intelligent, gives the impression that he is a gentle teddy bear .. Hats off to you "Benjamin Kyle"!!
    Last edited by Wendy101; 04-09-2010 at 12:39 AM. Reason: sp error

Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
    When I spoke to the officer today at the RHPD I expressed my opinion that BK was not telling the truth. He then said, "You should call Dr. Phil's people." I found that to be interesting especially in light of the fact that Dr. Phil is no longer taking BK's calls.

The officer I spoke to was one of the responding cops to the Burger King dumpster where BK was located. He saw it all.

No head injuries, No beaten body, nothing. Why would BK and Nurse Betty claim otherwise?

As to why this wasn't discovered earlier by other departments or even other media all I can say is sometimes people believe what they hear and don't do their job and investigate. This happens all the time. It is really that simple.

BBM.....

Tricia, Mom, please.......would you?

"I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything; but I still can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do." ~Helen Keller~

Sometimes a man can meet his destiny on the road he took to avoid it.

I feel really bad for the people who were doing a documentary. I get the impression they sunk their own money into that project. Anyone hear from them since this came out?

Quote Originally Posted by Concerned Mom View Post
    Until I see proof of what you are claiming, I respectfully disagree.

He has not been able to create a new identity for himself, other than a name he thinks might be his. How is this a new identity?

Again, where are you getting this info that he is bogus?
    Before this gets too far out of hand, I feel I would like to clarify my comments...

It is not my intention or goal to try to convince any member to change their opinion to reflect my thoughts. There is certainly a lot of information to be garnered from media interviews given by BK and NB, their contributions to the forum, as well as lack of assistance by addressing questions, as well as statements made by RHPD.

In regards to documents, any document which reflects medical information of BK is protected under HIPPA laws so these documents can be publicly reproduced. This would include hospital records, EMT records, etc...

Most information garnered in regards to BK's health at the time he was transported to St Joe's for medical treatment has been verbally stated by those who were present at the time. Unfortunately, verbal conversations cannot be linked.

I do not believe it is administration's goal to try to sway public opinion, but instead to allow any and all information that can legally be exchanged made available on the forum so each member can make the personal decision as whether or not to continue to actively participate.

As a regular poster on the Caylee forum, I can tell you that I believe KC is 100% guilty of premeditated murder, but there are those on that forum with a differing opinion. It is not my goal to try to convince any member with a different opinion to see that case through my eyes.

I completely support any member who wishes to continue to try and learn the identity of BK, and hope this experience may encourage more participation of assistance in this forum. You have all done such an amazing job!

Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    I feel really bad for the people who were doing a documentary. I get the impression they sunk their own money into that project. Anyone hear from them since this came out?

Me too. They spent a lot of time on this. I would also like to hear from them in light of recent events.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast