Misty says: Haleigh's Kidnapper 'Ruined Our Lives'

MADJGNLAW

Reaction score
Did everyone notice Misty's word choice? "I just hate this MAN" "THEY ruined our lives" and then again saying THEM.
How does she know it was a man? Why would she say "THEM"? By her wording it seems to be more than one person involved, one of them being a male. So, she must know who "They" are and for what ever reason she is not telling LE the truth. :banghead: So the theory that maybe she was asleep-not home, and that is why she can not remember dose not fit. IMO :furious:

Misty: Girl's Kidnapper 'Ruined Our Lives'

POSTED: Thursday, April 1, 2010

<snipped>
In the latest jailhouse videos released by the St. Johns County Sheriff's Office, Misty Cummings and her father, Hank Croslin Sr., mention missing 6-year-old Haleigh Cummings a few times.

"I just hate this man. They tried to ruin our whole life," said Misty. "Whoever did this to Haleigh is the one who ruined our lives, and they better find them before we do."

Hank Croslin Jr. said his sister isn't being 100 percent truthful. He said he believes prescription pills have everything to do with the Haleigh vanishing last year.

"I really think it's all drug-related, otherwise (Cummings ex-husband and Haleigh's father) Ronald (Cummings) wouldn't have said that (expletive) if it wasn't true," Croslin Jr. said. "I just hope Haleigh comes home. That's all I worry about. She's an innocent little gIrl that doesn't deserve this (expletive). She shouldn't have been with Ronald anyway."

Article: http://www.news4jax.com/news/23028518/detail.html

I think MC is using the word "Man" as a term of whining. Not indicating there was a man she hated. JMO I also think "They" is anyone like LE or anyone out there she blames her situation on. She thinks that the drug deals didn't put her in jail, that it was Haleigh gone missing. Go figure.

The transcription left out the comma before the word "man." Many young people insert that word into statements all the time.
By "they" I think she means LE.

I agree with Bern, I read "Man" as a colloquial term. This group's use of plural pronouns drives me insane!!

I agree with Bern, I read "Man" as a colloquial term. This group's use of plural pronouns drives me insane!!

Thank you, you said that way better than I did. I couldn't think of the word I wanted, LOL

I posted about this previously -- not too sure about the "man" part, but I definitely find it hinky they say "they" and "them". If someone kidnapped my child, I would not automatically assume there was more than one person involved. Seems a more natural statement would be "the person who did this", not "they". I still stand by my thinking that HC was trying to cut her off from possibly saying anything.

MC "THEY ruined our lives"
HC "WHOEVER did this" -- like he was reminding her "not they, whoever"

Just like in the beginning, when RC stated "If I find him before ya'll do, I'm going to kill him". Why would he assume it's a "him"? Again, I would think "If I find the person..." makes more sense.

jmo . . . .

Well, to be honest I think Misty did just fine after Haleigh had been kidnapped or whatever... She got married, she got to be on TV, she traveled, she had people like Donna get her stuff, she had a promising little business... She would have been just fine if them pesky LE people hadn't ruined her life by having her videotaped and arresting her and making her answer all those irritating questions.

Does anyone in the Croslin/Cummings clan ever own up to their responsibilities?

Honestly, i felt like throwing something at the computer, when i heard Misty say this.

I don't understand the sense of entitlement they all walk around with. JMO

It's entirely possible that Misty meant one thing, and Papa Hank took it another way. I would like for these people to complete a sentence without the other interrupting. You can feel that something is either happening, or is about to happen by the tone of their voices. I got the same feeling just before Misty wrote her letter blaming Tommy and Cousin Joe. At that time, she was all giddy with anticipation of getting out of jail. Now, I hear doom and gloom setting in. Whether she is ready to give some straight answers is yet to be seen. I think Tommy will pass his LDT, and then the ball will be in Misty's court. Once she sees Tommy, Donna and Hope walking the streets, she is gonna be ticked! Maybe that will be the push she needs.

It is really hard to make out what the meanings of their words are,,,when the vids given to us, just show snippits..however, Misty is always a hardass, and she is a very manipulative depending on who she is talking to......In this snippit, she doesnt start crying until Hank, verbally hardens on what she has told LE about Tommy....saying he doesnt believe TC had anything to do with HC missing....I could tell in his voice he is tired of the bs and THATS when old story teller Misty starts crying....she knows this will usually change the subject to either her Mom or Dad.......Hank and Lisa will never be smart enough to know,,if they want this over with,,,they need to abandon her for a while...STOP sending her money, letters,and DO NOT accept her phone calls....How is it these people can be so dumb????? They have much more influence over MC than LE in MO....

I think MC is using the word "Man" as a term of whining. Not indicating there was a man she hated. JMO I also think "They" is anyone like LE or anyone out there she blames her situation on. She thinks that the drug deals didn't put her in jail, that it was Haleigh gone missing. Go figure.

Bern, I don't think you can read much into it either way. This "man", could be anybody or it could be like you say, whining. "They" could be anybody. According to the reporter, she also says she wishes she had never met Ron! Now, that can't be misconstrued!

When Misty said she had wished she never met RC,,,could be advise coming from one of her cellies...She has made reference to her "friends" in the cell block...How many people in jail and prisons say they know how to get around the system...Telling the authorities what "they" know the authorities want to hear....This is a ploy IMO, for her to show remorse ( of by the way, I dont believe for a minUTE) to LE, hoping they go easier on her thru her drug charges......Maybe if she thinks she distances herself from Ron, it will better for her,,especially because she is only a teenager, and she has used that excuse before....telling LE , "they just need to move on"....

The transcription left out the comma before the word "man." Many young people insert that word into statements all the time.
By "they" I think she means LE.

I believe that you are correct in that there should be a comma before the word "man". However, I think the use of words such as "them" or "they" refers to a fictitious entity, meaning "whoever" she is blaming for the Haleigh abduction and all that has subsequently happened. Misty still refuses to admit any involvement or give up the critical piece of information that she has which will solve this case. She hasn't reached the breaking point yet.

LE is being very smart in their approach, IMO. I think they will achieve their goal. They know what a girl wants.

"Politics makes strange bedfellows". I think many people will be surprised later on and have a new admiration.

Did everyone notice Misty's word choice? "I just hate this MAN" "THEY ruined our lives" and then again saying THEM.
How does she know it was a man? Why would she say "THEM"? By her wording it seems to be more than one person involved, one of them being a male. So, she must know who "They" are and for what ever reason she is not telling LE the truth. :banghead: So the theory that maybe she was asleep-not home, and that is why she can not remember dose not fit. IMO :furious:

Misty says THEY RUINED OUR LIVES! Here we go, me, me, me, it's all about me. WHAT ABOUT HALEIGH'S LIFE, DIDN'T THEY RUIN HER LIFE MISTY? :banghead::furious::banghead::furious:

Dear Misty,

You and your family, your friends, your associates, and your ex-husband and his family ruined your lives. No one else did that for you. You all make very poor choices, look selfishly at the world for what it SHOULD give you despite any merit or contribution from you all. None of you looks past the mirror in your head which suggests the entire world owes YOU simply by being in it.

That's not how the world rolls.

Sincerely,
The Universal Rule That Says It Is NOT All About You

ST. JOHNS COUNTY, Fla. -- In the latest jailhouse videos released by the St. Johns County Sheriff's Office, Misty Cummings and her father, Hank Croslin Sr., mention missing 6-year-old Haleigh Cummings a few times.

"I just hate this man. They tried to ruin our whole life," said Cummings, the former stepmother of the Satsuma girl.

"Whoever did this to Haleigh is the one who ruined our lives, and they better find them before I do," Croslin said.

The two tend to focus more on their criminal drug trafficking charges.

I haven't watched the video but written down it reads like Hank admonishing Misty to me. Very subtly and mildly but anyway. It's the sentence construction "...is the one who did it..." that settles it for me. He's saying "no, it's not who you said it that ruined our lives, it's this other person who did it to Haleigh"

Without the context it's hard to say for sure but IMO Misty is whining about LE and possibly the media who have been on her case because the article mentions her talking about Nancy Grace again. The ruining of her life that she refers to IMO is her arrest and the negative publicity she and her family has got.

I think Hank knows how Nancy Grace will twist it and thinks it's not gonna look good to have Misty on tape saying such things, blaming the fine folks of the sheriff's department or Nancy Grace for the fine mess she's got herself into, and attempts to remind her that it's not the fault of the police that Haleigh went missing and they've been forced to investigate. Let's blame it where it started.

IMO he feels like he needs to remind Misty to think about Haleigh going missing for a bit because she's gonna look selfish, silly and lacking any insight into her own responsibility if all she does is whine about how her trafficking arrest is LE's fault and media is treating her unfair and never a thought being spared for a poor missing little girl who is the cause that any of us bloggers and television viewers and news readers have heard about Misty in the first place.

He stops short of saying it's your own damn fault though... unless he thinks Misty is the one who did something to Haleigh.

The latter part of the quote seems tacked on, about them better find whoever first... Didn't we hear Ronald Cummings say that in the 911 call already and nothing ever came of it?

But, and this is a big but, she can not be blaming Ronald over the drug bust! He is the one that warned her that this man could be undercover. He kept telling her this, and she just blew him off! So, the fact that she wishes she had never met Ronald, can't have anything to do with drugs. That only leaves Haleigh. This is the reason I think she is coming closer to telling something. I can't see where distancing herself from Ronald, with regard to drugs will help her. What am I missing? I don't understand what you guys are seeing or hearing, that I don't.

As we discuss accountability, I am reminded that I've never met a substance abuser who accepts responsibility for their own actions. This shows me that she will never ever tell the truth about what happened to Haleigh and my hope is that she is found by other means. Misty is the key, sure. But I don't think she will be the one unlocking the door.

But, and this is a big but, she can not be blaming Ronald over the drug bust! He is the one that warned her that this man could be undercover. He kept telling her this, and she just blew him off! So, the fact that she wishes she had never met Ronald, can't have anything to do with drugs. That only leaves Haleigh. This is the reason I think she is coming closer to telling something. I can't see where distancing herself from Ronald, with regard to drugs will help her. What am I missing? I don't understand what you guys are seeing or hearing, that I don't.

I absolutely agree.

As we discuss accountability, I am reminded that I've never met a substance abuser who accepts responsibility for their own actions. This shows me that she will never ever tell the truth about what happened to Haleigh and my hope is that she is found by other means. Misty is the key, sure. But I don't think she will be the one unlocking the door.

Kim, I sure hope you are wrong! I don't think many people know what happened that night, and the ones that do know, are all blood related.....except Misty. Unless she talks, I worry the truth may never be known.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain
Back