GUILTY PA - Curtis Eutsey, 18, shot to death, Mt Pleasant, 1 April 1990

chaddylex

Verified local - Rebecca Stahl case
Reaction score
These remains were found about 5 miles from where I live and they have yet to be identified. The area where they were found is kind of in the middle of nowhere.

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/news/23028276/detail.html

MT. PLEASANT, PA.
Crime scene tape surrounds a wooded area in Mt. Pleasant Township where state police troopers, members of the Westmoreland County Coroner's Office and a forensics team from Mercyhurst College collected evidence from skeletal remains that two men reported while digging for scrap metal.

<snip>

Leo Monholland said he and his friend made the initial discovery of a bone sticking out of a boot, then decided to keep going.

"We dug up a little farther up, and there were two ribs. I dropped my stick and I said, 'I don't know about this,' and he was like, 'Gotta be sure.' We dug a little bit more, so that's when we found the corner of skull and I was like, yeah, there's nothing else that could be," Monholland said.

Full article at above link

There are soooo many missing folks in PA -- well, what am I saying, there are so many missing people everywhere, but -- I am very interested to learn who this is...

I couldn't find any information on this person that stated what he was wearing when he went missing. Seems like that should have been known considering that a girlfriend had just seen him.

Yeah, it strikes me as odd that there is not a lot of info this guy.. Curtis would be a year older than me and either went to one of the two school districts beside me. (unless he dropped out of school) I asked my one friend that went to Mt Pleasant if she remembered this kid and she said no... I am going to ask a few other people if they remember this guy.

The remains could be just about anyone.... I just thought maybe it could be him since the remains were found from the same town that this kid is from.

Body has been identified as Curtis Eutsey, the kid I have mentioned above as a possible match!!!http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com...l=pit_12pm&tmi=pit_12pm_1_10450105282010&ts=H

MT. PLEASANT TOWNSHIP, Pa. -- Bones found in a wooded area of Westmoreland County have been identified as a young man who went missing 18 years ago, and state police have arrested a homicide suspect in the case.

Paperwork filed with the county identifies the skeletal remains as those of Curtis Douglas Eutsey, 18, of Mt. Pleasant Township. A missing persons website says he disappeared in January 1992, after leaving his girlfriend's house with two unidentified men.

Police confirmed that they have arrested Robert Daniels, 42, of Greensburg, on a charge of criminal homicide. They did not say what evidence led them to identify him as a suspect.

Curtis Eutsey

Full article at above link

Curtis Douglas Eutsey

2992038490045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

Eutsey, circa 1992

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
Missing Since: January 1992 from Mount Pleasant, Pennsylvania
Classification: Missing
Date Of Birth: December 8, 1973
Height and Weight: 6'2, 180 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian male. Blond hair, blue eyes. Eutsey has a V-shaped scar on his right arm.

Details of Disappearance
Eutsey was last seen leaving his girlfriend's residence sometime during January 1992 in Mount Pleasant, Pennsylvania. He was accompanied by two individuals at the time. Eutsey has never been heard from again.

They are suppposed to be having a News Conference on this at 2pm (in 15 min my time) so if I find out any other details, I will post!

Wow, good call, Chaddy! I hope they find out what happened to this young man.

Wow, good call, Chaddy! I hope they find out what happened to this young man.

The funny thing is, I kept telling people I thought it was Curtis Eutsey, people I work with, people I that take my zumba class, my family... they think I am crazy for trying to find matches of missing people, to UID's.

My one friend lives on the same road the remains were found and said that young kids have parties in that area.

I hope they find out too what has happened...

From October 2012:

http://triblive.com/news/2857961-74...guilty-police-degree-murder-monday-sister-tim

A Unity man pleaded guilty on Monday to killing his sister's boyfriend two decades ago, ending the mystery of what happened to Curtis Eutsey, who was 18 when he was last seen in 1990.

Robert Daniels, 44, told Judge Al Bell that he wanted to plead guilty to a single count of third-degree murder to ensure he will avoid a life sentence and be able to spend time with his unborn grandchildren...

Police claimed Daniels said he drove Eutsey to a spot on Misty Meadows Road and the two walked about 20 yards into the dense woods. A shotgun was fired...

From February 2013:

http://www.wtae.com/news/local/west...-8-to-16-years-for-early-1990s-death/17206296

A western Pennsylvania man who has since become an exemplary husband and father has been sentenced to eight to 16 years in prison for killing his sister's then-boyfriend sometime in the early 1990s...

Westmoreland County Judge Al Bell on Thursday told 44-year-old Robert Daniels, of Unity Township, that his new life doesn't excuse his old crime.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back