Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Hot Cases > Kyron Horman

Notices

Kyron Horman Kyron went missing from his school in Oregon. His mother has a civil suit on his step-mother and his father is in the middle of a divorce. WHERE IS KYRON?

Old 06-16-2010, 09:29 PM
WS Administrator

Kyron Horman Q&A ***No Discussion***

This thread is to leave a question or leave an answer to a non-opinion question.
Where can i find?
What was Kyron wearing?
What time did school start?
Questions that do not have more than one answer LOL.

This is basically a reference thread so the posts should consist of
questions
answers

and no discussion
The Following User Says Thank You to JBean For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2010, 11:11 PM

I am wondering about why an Amber Alert wasn't issued yet? At first I thought it was because the case needed to be a criminal investigation, but now it is, and still no Amber Alert? One was recently issued in this case: http://abcnews.go.com/US/TheLaw/boy-...ry?id=10435839
Old 06-16-2010, 11:17 PM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernie40 View Post
I am wondering about why an Amber Alert wasn't issued yet? At first I thought it was because the case needed to be a criminal investigation, but now it is, and still no Amber Alert? One was recently issued in this case: http://abcnews.go.com/US/TheLaw/boy-...ry?id=10435839
It doesn't fit the criteria:

The AMBERAlert Plan is a critical missing child response program that utilizes the resources of law enforcement and media to notify the public when children are kidnapped. Statistics consistently show that time is our greatest adversary when a child is abducted.

The AMBER Alert Plan is a voluntary partnership between law enforcement agencies and broadcasters to disseminate an urgent bulletin in the most serious child abduction cases.

Law enforcement and broadcasters use the Emergency Alert System (EAS), formerly called the Emergency Broadcast System, to air a description of the missing child and suspected abductor. This is the same concept used during severe weather emergencies. The goal of the AMBER Alert is to promptly involve entire communities to assist in the search for and safe return of abducted children.

Once law enforcement has been notified about an abducted child, they must first determine if the case meets the criteria for triggering an alert. Local and state programs establish specific criteria. Oregonīs criteria is listed below:
  • Law enforcement confirms a child has been abducted
  • The child is 17 years or younger*
  • The child may be in danger of serious bodily harm or death
  • There is enough descriptive information about the child, abductor, and/or suspectīs vehicle to believe an immediate broadcast alert will help.
  • The child's name and other critical data elements - including the child abduction (CA) and AMBER Alert (AA) flags will/have been entered into the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) system.

* This alert system is not to be used when a child runs away or involves a custodial situation.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Calliope For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2010, 11:34 PM
"Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."

Does anyone know what vision problems Kyron had that required him to wear glasses? LE has made much of the glasses with photos of said eyewear, and Kyron appears in at least one photo that I recall not wearing his glasses. Perhaps he was swimming and wouldn't have worn glasses for this activity. In most circumstances, would it have been unusual for Kyron to be without his eyeglasses? If someone removed Kyron's glasses, would the boy have difficulty coping in an unusual environment?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2010, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes View Post
Does anyone know what vision problems Kyron had that required him to wear glasses? LE has made much of the glasses with photos of said eyewear, and Kyron appears in at least one photo that I recall not wearing his glasses. Perhaps he was swimming and wouldn't have worn glasses for this activity. In most circumstances, would it have been unusual for Kyron to be without his eyeglasses? If someone removed Kyron's glasses, would the boy have difficulty coping in an unusual environment?

A friend of the family posted on one of the Kyron FB pages that Kyron needs the glasses to see. If he is not wearing them he won't be able to do much for himself, so take note of that if there is a sighting. Without glasses his vision is 70/50.

In Memory of Aja D. Johnson:
http://bit.ly/AjaFacebookGroup

In Memory of Ethan Stacy -
http://bit.ly/inmemoryofethan

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to darlin gal For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2010, 02:33 PM
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by darlin gal View Post
A friend of the family posted on one of the Kyron FB pages that Kyron needs the glasses to see. If he is not wearing them he won't be able to do much for himself, so take note of that if there is a sighting. Without glasses his vision is 70/50.
Please provide a link to the source.

Thanks,
BeanE
Mod
Old 07-10-2010, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes View Post
Just startied reading this thread and apologize if someone answered this later on, but the photo of Kyron both with and without his glasses was of him in the CSI shirt I thought. I wondered about that when I saw it on Nancy G one night. Perhaps they removed the glasses from the picture she took with a computer program, being that it was the most recent one, or maybe she had him take them off for the picture...but no...that doesn't make any sense. Could just be me. A stolen car crashed into my house last night about four AM and I am still rattled.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atlanta PI For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2010, 03:41 AM
Fear my Google-Fu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta PI View Post
Just startied reading this thread and apologize if someone answered this later on, but the photo of Kyron both with and without his glasses was of him in the CSI shirt I thought. I wondered about that when I saw it on Nancy G one night. Perhaps they removed the glasses from the picture she took with a computer program, being that it was the most recent one, or maybe she had him take them off for the picture...but no...that doesn't make any sense. Could just be me. A stolen car crashed into my house last night about four AM and I am still rattled.
The photo without the glasses was photoshopped (by LE?) and released to the media to show what he would look like without glasses. As an aid to identify him if seen. (OT--sorry to hear about your house!)
Old 08-14-2010, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta PI View Post
that's awful! Glad you are okay!
Old 06-17-2010, 12:00 AM

Would anyone know if there is an old abandoned school (1950's) in the area?
Old 06-17-2010, 12:56 AM

1. where was the baby when SM and kyron went to school
2. was kyron really supposed to be in the talent show
3. if so why was his SAHM not planning to be there
4. also if so, why hasn't that come up at all, ie teachers/students not saying "yeah he was supposed to be doing xyz in the talent show, but he wasn't there..."

ETA i really really want these answers so i can rule out family
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to 78gidget78 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2010, 01:00 AM

from what I understand , the parents are the first to be looked at and the first to be cleared (if they can be)... if they can't be cleared, the "criminal investigation" would start with them.. (in order to be cleared)

I need to know, is this how it works????
Old 06-17-2010, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaha View Post
from what I understand , the parents are the first to be looked at and the first to be cleared (if they can be)... if they can't be cleared, the "criminal investigation" would start with them.. (in order to be cleared)

Yep. Investigations start from the inside and work their way out
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 78gidget78 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2010, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaha View Post

Yes, but in almost all cases I've followed, LE won't officially "clear" anyone unless and until they know exactly who the perp is. As a result, we can't ever really read anything into the fact that LE has not stated publicly that a particular person has been cleared of any suspicion.
Old 06-17-2010, 12:22 PM

Back to my earlier question post, does anyone know when LE would request the family members to take a polygraph to rule them out as suspects?

If they work outward from the inner circle of Kyron, I'd think that's been already done. If so, why not inform the public in order to take the speculation off of SM?
Old 06-19-2010, 10:33 AM

I have a general question about cell phones. In a situation where two people in a household both have cell phones, are those cell phones usually identical or usually different?

Also, does a cell phone keep a log of changes to the information in that phone (like additions to the phone list, pictures taken, etc)?
Old 06-19-2010, 11:37 AM

Is 8:45 a.m. still considered as the official last seen time, because I believe this time was given by the SM? The only other time given is around 8:15 a.m. by G. Zimmmerman, the PTA lady.
The Following User Says Thank You to matou For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2010, 11:48 AM
Armchair Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrainneDhu View Post
I have a general question about cell phones. In a situation where two people in a household both have cell phones, are those cell phones usually identical or usually different?

Also, does a cell phone keep a log of changes to the information in that phone (like additions to the phone list, pictures taken, etc)?
I can give my own experience on the first part of your question. My husband and I got our cell account about two years ago....the account is in his name and both our lines are included. We were each told to pick out a phone, from the many on the wall to choose from. So while we could have chosen the same one if we'd wanted (like perhaps some folks would choose to both get the cheapest one, since the others are more and some much more!), it isn't a "given" at all. In our case, we chose two different ones because I just needed a pretty standard phone, where-as hubby works an active outdoor type job and preferred one that is more durable.
Old 06-19-2010, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrainneDhu View Post

You can both have your own different cell phones even if you share a plan.

Information and pictures can be deleted and once deleted cannot be retrived as far as I know.
The Following User Says Thank You to Astrella613 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2010, 01:02 AM

What time was the Science Fair open from?

Did it open up to viewing at 8 am? or later?
Old 06-17-2010, 01:09 AM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6angels View Post
What time was the Science Fair open from?

Did it open up to viewing at 8 am? or later?
According to sign, 8 - 10. Described as 8-8:45, parents could come in early and tour. At 8:45, kids went to classes and broke into smaller groups to tour exhibits through school.

Regular classes started at 10 am.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Calliope For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2010, 01:21 AM

What are the occupations of Kyron's SM, Bio Mom & Dad & SF?

Can anyone confirm SF is in LE?
The Following User Says Thank You to miabellamoure For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2010, 02:13 AM
<insert catchy saying here>

Quote:
Originally Posted by miabellamoure View Post
What are the occupations of Kyron's SM, Bio Mom & Dad & SF?

Can anyone confirm SF is in LE?
Not positive but I think mom is a nurse, dad an Enterprise Business Architect, step mom a teacher and step dad is LE.

I'm not positive about the mom but I think the rest are right.
The Following User Says Thank You to DairyGirl For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2010, 02:32 PM
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by DairyGirl View Post
Not positive but I think mom is a nurse, dad an Enterprise Business Architect, step mom a teacher and step dad is LE.

I'm not positive about the mom but I think the rest are right.
Do we have links to credible sources for these occupations please?

Thanks,
BeanE
Mod
The Following User Says Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2010, 01:08 AM

Has SM (& Bio-Dad) taken a polygraph?

Have SM (& Bio-Dad) retained a lawyer yet?

What was the custody agreement between Kyron's biological parents? Did he live with his SM & bio Dad full time? If so, why?

If Dad did have full physical custody of Kyron, do we know why?

Were both bio-parents & their spouses on good terms? The news briefing depicted Bio-Dad & SD were but, SM's embraces did not appear to be welcomed by Bio-Mom?

Last edited by miabellamoure; 06-17-2010 at 02:26 AM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to miabellamoure For This Useful Post: