Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Currently Awaiting Trial > Zahra Clare Baker

Notices

Old 11-05-2010, 04:13 PM
Retired WS Staff

Location: The beautiful roundabout of Context, Veracity, and JUSTICE
2010.11.05 Media-Inside the Baker Home

Salvarenga, hope it's ok to start this/bring your alert over here. Thank you for the head's up!

From Twitter:

@shelleyclynch Shelley Lynch
Inside of #Zahra Baker's home. The items police took that could be evidence on #Eyewitness News at 5.

**This is WSOC-TV.**

@kt_belle Katie Rutland
Today on Channel 9-- The first look iside Zahra Baker's family home in Hickory. Today at 5pm!

Be not simply good. Be good for something.
HDT
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to ynotdivein For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2010, 04:14 PM
Just 1 tip to find a killer

http://www.wsoctv.com/index.html

just click on Zahra if on home page
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2010, 04:28 PM
Seek Brotherhood, Cherish Solitude

This has video and pictures.... the sight of her clothes in her closet and everything all torn up is just heart breaking!!!

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13453571
Old 11-05-2010, 04:32 PM

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25649024/detail.html
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to salvarenga For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2010, 04:58 PM
Retired WS Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by salvarenga View Post
If that is their attempt at painting over the walls, um... wow. At first I thought it was a lame attempt at sponge-painting the room, but when you look closely, it seems to be utterly haphazard? It's not artistic at all IMO.

SORRY ABOUT THE FOLLOWING--THERE ARE ROLLERS IN THE KITCHEN. Why they were not taken as evidence I dunno. I do stand by my aesthetic evaluation of the painting skills evident in Zahra's room and throughout the house.We saw the two "regular" paintbrushes taken from the site as evidence; guess I just figured somewhere there was a roller brush and pan. Instead it seems like they really did try to paint the entire room with handheld brushes. Does this mean they were rushed, or were they smart enough to think "if we go buy paint supplies someone will see us and might remember later"?

We certainly appear to have a highly disorganized couple who have left behind a highly disorganized crime scene.

ETA--also note that LE seems to have taken the baseboard that ran along the far wall (you see that they painted the one on the R wall but the other has been removed to expose the brown boards behind).

HDT

Last edited by ynotdivein; 11-05-2010 at 05:42 PM.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to ynotdivein For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2010, 05:02 PM
"We're all just walking each other home." Ram Dass

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynotdivein View Post
If that is their attempt at painting over the walls, um... wow. At first I thought it was a lame attempt at sponge-painting the room, but when you look closely, it seems to be utterly haphazard? It's not artistic at all IMO.

We saw the two "regular" paintbrushes taken from the site as evidence; guess I just figured somewhere there was a roller brush and pan. Instead it seems like they really did try to paint the entire room with handheld brushes. Does this mean they were rushed, or were they smart enough to think "if we go buy paint supplies someone will see us and might remember later"?

We certainly appear to have a highly disorganized couple who have left behind a highly disorganized crime scene.

ETA--also note that LE seems to have taken the baseboard that ran along the far wall (you see that they painted the one on the R wall but the other has been removed to expose the brown boards behind).
I'm thinking the walls are splotchy because of staining from using luminol perhaps?

"It's time to tell the story of a little girl named Caylee" Linda Drane Burdick
The future has many names: for the fearful it's the unknown, for the reckless it's the adventure, for the pessimists it's the unattainable. For the brave, it is opportunity.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to essies For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2010, 05:22 PM
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by salvarenga View Post
I lived in an older home and had an 'air intake' that was identical to this photo.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Virgogalsue For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2010, 05:01 PM
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reannan View Post
This has video and pictures.... the sight of her clothes in her closet and everything all torn up is just heart breaking!!!

What? Adam her father (ahem) did not even take his daughters clothes?
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to darnudes For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2010, 05:13 PM
Cached

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnudes View Post
....and nor did the (ahem) doting grandmother.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:14 PM

I can't believe that gothic fairy was trying to paint everything in someone else's house black. I can't imagine what the homeowner thought even before LE tore it up.
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Kamille For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2010, 05:18 PM
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs G Norris View Post
No, as I recall she left empty handed, didn't she.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to darnudes For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2010, 07:04 PM
Past mistakes should teach you to create a wonderful future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs G Norris View Post
Doting grandma changed her profile pic to a jack o lantern pic dated the 31st as well as making a comment about how life in prison was better than the death penalty on a public, now open again page, too. Very interesting, I think.

Sorry this is O/T for this thread. KB thread closed and I wasn't sure where to put it. I nearly used the alligator smilie to ask mods not to spank me until I thought of what Zahra said about her leg.
"Emotional abuse isn't calling someone a name; it isn't simply raising your voice at someone you're meant to love...it's a concerted effort, a campaign, designed with the sole purpose of destruction. Your destruction. Emotional abuse crushes your spirit. It steals a piece of your soul. It changes everything about you and how you interact with others. You are never the same having survived it. In its wake, you question everything you ever thought you knew. You wonder what's wrong with you. You believe you aren't worth loving. You doubt yourself - constantly. And you learn to live with scars no one sees."

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to BritsKate For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2010, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnudes View Post
I pray that someone offers her belongings to her MOM. I know when my baby girl died I saved a whole box of her stuff and didn't even wash her lil jammies that she had had on so i could still smell her. I am so sad over this.

I came back in to edit this to tell you all that I still have that box 27 yrs later.

Last edited by Brattigirle; 11-06-2010 at 01:06 AM.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:35 PM
Retired WS Staff

That chunk of wall they cut out under and to the left of the window... looks like that may have been where the head of the bed was. The square in the middle of the floor would perhaps have been next to the bed, like where your feet go when you sit up in the morning?

ETA: the stain under the lino in the kitchen is scary. Have to look again to see if that is where the fridge would have been... Video from this link (thanks Reannan):

ETA, yes it is in front of the fridge, which apparently is still in the home, so there's that--CNN crew guy was wrong about dismantling it in the yard.

HDT

Last edited by ynotdivein; 11-05-2010 at 04:41 PM.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ynotdivein For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2010, 04:39 PM

OH my, in this picture I can almost visualize where the bed was, and someone standing over the bed hitting Zahra, blood splatter on the wall and once the act was done, blood dripping down off of the weapon that was used. MOO

Oh dear me
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Lera213 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2010, 04:40 PM
Being kind to the cruel results in being cruel to the kind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lera213 View Post

OH my, in this picture I can almost visualize where the bed was, and someone standing over the bed hitting Zahra, blood splatter on the wall and once the act was done, blood dripping down off of the weapon that was used. MOO

Oh dear me
Maybe the floor was cut out for access to the crawlspace. It there *was* blood on the floor, likely it would have dripped down between the floor boards (and wouldn't be able to be cleaned up). Maybe they were gathering possible evidence of that.

Speculation.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Etilema For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2010, 05:24 PM
Inactive

Quote:

Oh dear me
Ignore my previous post. In this photo I can see there is no air vent in that hole. So it's can't be an air intake vent.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Virgogalsue For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2010, 01:14 AM
Retired WS Staff

Quote:

Oh dear me
Question--do we know which was dominant hand for EB and/or AB?

HDT
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ynotdivein For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2010, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynotdivein View Post
Question--do we know which was dominant hand for EB and/or AB?
I dont think it was ever proven but by the look of her handwriting I would say EB is left handed. JMO
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to westsidefox64 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2010, 04:39 PM
Being kind to the cruel results in being cruel to the kind.

Great Heavens--somehow seeing all that makes me furious. Especially the wall border (at chair-rail height) with "Live well, Laugh often, Love much". Grrr. I imagine the decoration must have been by a previous tenant or the owner, but still annoys the cr*p out of me.

Note the paint rollers on the table in the kitchen. Those must have belonged to the Bakers, since I can't think of a reason the police would have brought those in.

Also, the fact that they took out the pipe under the sink gives me a sick feeling about the speculations some of us have made regarding garbage disposal...

Grrrr!!!!!
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Etilema For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2010, 04:55 PM

Unhappy

this is just heartbreaking...
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to tambo For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2010, 04:42 PM

This just absolutely tears me up.
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to bethiek For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2010, 04:43 PM

"Although her father, Adam Baker, was recently evicted, he has left furniture in a room WBTV did not have access to. Oddly, the only other personal items not moved out of the house were those in Zahra's closet."

"Oddly", yes....
Old 11-05-2010, 04:47 PM
"We're all just walking each other home." Ram Dass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwegian View Post
"Although her father, Adam Baker, was recently evicted, he has left furniture in a room WBTV did not have access to. Oddly, the only other personal items not moved out of the house were those in Zahra's closet."

"Oddly", yes....
Why would he not want her clothes or toys? Not the actions of a normal father IMO!!

"It's time to tell the story of a little girl named Caylee" Linda Drane Burdick
The future has many names: for the fearful it's the unknown, for the reckless it's the adventure, for the pessimists it's the unattainable. For the brave, it is opportunity.
Old 11-05-2010, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by essies View Post
Why would he not want her clothes or toys? Not the actions of a normal father IMO!!
I totally agree. Something just came over me -- if he had so little contact and love for his child, why then would he get in a rift with his family to bring her to the US ----- the answer, I think ---- was EB wanted to create that rift and knew this would do it. Plus, she did NOT want AB communicating back to Australia with anyone and if the child were left behind, he would have less reason. So taking the child severed the contact back in Australia with his family and took the kid (a thing to EB) she didn't have to worry about AB leaving her and going back. She's a violent control freak.

Anyone who can dismember this small body in such a gruesome way (if there not a non-gruesome way) is sick sick sick sick sick and bio-mom should have been given this child back when AB got into this sick life.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DLT88 For This Useful Post: