Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Hot Cases > Holly Bobo General Discussion Threads

Notices


 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-19-2011, 04:23 PM
SheWhoMustNotBeNamed's Avatar
SheWhoMustNotBeNamed SheWhoMustNotBeNamed is offline
WS Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Puget Sound area, WA
Posts: 19,955
TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #8

Please continue here!


Holly Lynn Bobo was last seen early on the morning of April 13, 2011, outside of her home in Darden, Tennessee. She was seen being led away from the carport of her home toward a wooded area by a man described as approximately 5'8" to 6'0" tall and 200 pounds, wearing camouflage clothing.

Holly Lynn Bobo was last seen wearing a pink shirt and light blue jeans.

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap

Case Map (done by hollye! thanks!) - http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0...13057&t=h&z=17




Thread #1


Thread #2


Thread #3


Thread #4


Thread #5


Thread #6


Thread #7


-RUMORS are not allowed and will be removed.


-It's fine to discuss the brother and anyone mentioned in the media and tied to this case. Its not ok to talk about him or anyone as a suspect or POI. No one has been named as such. DO NOT START SLEUTHING THEM!

-If you are new to us here, please take a moment to review our Terms of Service and Rules, especially the piece regarding social networking sites (Facebook and Twitter):
Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
__________________
FOR THE MISSING: PACIFIC NORTHWEST - Highlighting missing persons in the Pacific Northwest - www.facebook.com/missingnorthwest

STILL DOING IT FOR DYLAN GROENE. REST IN PEACE:
http://www.amw.com/missing_children/brief.cfm?id=32037

HELP FIND MISSING 7-YEAR-OLD PATRICK ALFORD: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107247

Last edited by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed; 04-19-2011 at 10:25 PM.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:
  #2  
Old 04-19-2011, 04:26 PM
cocomod's Avatar
cocomod cocomod is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Utah
Posts: 2,806
I am very curious. I have read in several places about the "ex" boyfriend. I read the comments below the ABC article from locals who claim that many "know" who it is. Why hasn't this name leaked out yet? They claim that the FB page is disturbing. I am having a hard time understanding why noone outside of this community has been given a "glimpse" of this "ex"??
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cocomod For This Useful Post:
  #3  
Old 04-19-2011, 04:28 PM
Carla Lashelle's Avatar
Carla Lashelle Carla Lashelle is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 2,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocomod View Post
I am very curious. I have read in several places about the "ex" boyfriend. I read the comments below the ABC article from locals who claim that many "know" who it is. Why hasn't this name leaked out yet? They claim that the FB page is disturbing. I am having a hard time understanding why noone outside of this community has been given a "glimpse" of this "ex"??
You know, the "ex with the bad history" rumor is in just about every missing woman case. Even some where the woman had no ex... So, I don't know. Im thinking its a rumor or something blown out of proportion. LE has not mentioned such a person and you would think if they existed LE would have investigated them.

And just because someone is an ex doesnt mean there is bad blood. I am playing tennis with my ex tonight.
__________________
Lashelle


"Remember, They will never buy the cow if they can get the eggs for free! " ... Kelly Bundy
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Carla Lashelle For This Useful Post:
  #4  
Old 04-19-2011, 04:28 PM
Paulette Paulette is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSkit View Post
Authorities say Holly was outside her house on Swan Johnson Road April 13, between 7:40 – 8 a.m. when an unknown man approached her.

http://www.michellesigona.com/
The 911 call was made at 7:28 am. I have to assume that the time between Clint seeing her with a man walking into the woods and his discovery of blood in the driveway were not the same time as the call was made. A neighbor made a 911 call too.

The screaming may have occurred when she was being assaulted in the woods. The entire assault could have been over before the police even responded to the house - which I think was 7:57 am.

I'd like to know what time she had to be at school - that would pinpoint when she was actually in the driveway. She probably left at the same time everyday. Does anyone know the date school started in August of 2010?

This quote is from the last thread.

Last edited by Paulette; 04-19-2011 at 04:29 PM. Reason: add last sentence
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paulette For This Useful Post:
  #5  
Old 04-19-2011, 04:30 PM
Eileen730's Avatar
Eileen730 Eileen730 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: SouthWest Florida
Posts: 12,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulette View Post
The 911 call was made at 7:28 am. I have to assume that the time between Clint seeing her with a man walking into the woods and his discovery of blood in the driveway were not the same time as the call was made. A neighbor made a 911 call too.

The screaming may have occurred when she was being assaulted in the woods. The entire assault could have been over before the police even responded to the house - which I think was 7:57 am.

I'd like to know what time she had to be at school - that would pinpoint when she was actually in the driveway. She probably left at the same time everyday. Does anyone know the date school started in August of 2010?

This quote is from the last thread.
Im not sure but maybe her schedule was diff that day because it was a testing day...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eileen730 For This Useful Post:
  #6  
Old 04-19-2011, 04:34 PM
lishac23's Avatar
lishac23 lishac23 is offline
When love calls...I answer them
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: California
Posts: 927
Does anyone have an idea of how long it would take to walk through the woods from the point "they" entered the woods to the next/nearest road?
The Following User Says Thank You to lishac23 For This Useful Post:
  #7  
Old 04-19-2011, 04:41 PM
10EC_Dad 10EC_Dad is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by lishac23 View Post
Does anyone have an idea of how long it would take to walk through the woods from the point "they" entered the woods to the next/nearest road?
If north, only a few minutes. But why walk north to a car rather than drive the car to the house if you thought she was alone?

However, it seems like they went south if a neighbor heard the scream. I could be wrong on this. South is a pond then woods then a neighbor's house.

To the west is a field that would take 30-45 minutes without a struggle.

If an immediate escape from the area was the plan, I think he would have just driven to the house.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 10EC_Dad For This Useful Post:
  #8  
Old 04-19-2011, 04:47 PM
Eileen730's Avatar
Eileen730 Eileen730 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: SouthWest Florida
Posts: 12,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10EC_Dad View Post
If north, only a few minutes. But why walk north to a car rather than drive the car to the house if you thought she was alone?

However, it seems like they went south if a neighbor heard the scream. I could be wrong on this. South is a pond then woods then a neighbor's house.

To the west is a field that would take 30-45 minutes without a struggle.

If an immediate escape from the area was the plan, I think he would have just driven to the house.
Here is a map A is their home!

there are 3 neighbors to the south!

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0...4116221f893719
The Following User Says Thank You to Eileen730 For This Useful Post:
  #9  
Old 04-19-2011, 05:00 PM
10EC_Dad 10EC_Dad is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eileen730 View Post
Here is a map A is their home!

there are 3 neighbors to the south!

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0...4116221f893719
Eileen, I don't understand your point. I think I stated that there are neighbors to the south.
The Following User Says Thank You to 10EC_Dad For This Useful Post:
  #10  
Old 04-19-2011, 05:07 PM
Eileen730's Avatar
Eileen730 Eileen730 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: SouthWest Florida
Posts: 12,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10EC_Dad View Post
Eileen, I don't understand your point. I think I stated that there are neighbors to the south.
LOL Dad i was sending you the map so ppl can see what your talking about lol

I was giving you the visuals lol
  #11  
Old 04-19-2011, 05:04 PM
ensht ensht is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10EC_Dad View Post
If north, only a few minutes. But why walk north to a car rather than drive the car to the house if you thought she was alone?

However, it seems like they went south if a neighbor heard the scream. I could be wrong on this. South is a pond then woods then a neighbor's house.

To the west is a field that would take 30-45 minutes without a struggle.

If an immediate escape from the area was the plan, I think he would have just driven to the house.

Because a car coming up that road would stand out and may get noticed. A car stashed away somewhere down the road a bit may not. The location of the road blocks today - towards the smaller Rte 20 versus north towards the major east west route is interesting.

It makes me wonder if they thought at one time things went on further north...IE the statements they made about cleaning car etc...but that it originated to the south and they're now trying to find someone who saw something.

BTW, a car coming up that road especially if it was someone that wasn't supposed to be around her, or someone she knew...would be the #1 reason in my mind a perp would go through the trouble of going in through the woods.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ensht For This Useful Post:
  #12  
Old 04-19-2011, 05:10 PM
10EC_Dad 10EC_Dad is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by ensht View Post
Because a car coming up that road would stand out and may get noticed. A car stashed away somewhere down the road a bit may not. The location of the road blocks today - towards the smaller Rte 20 versus north towards the major east west route is interesting.

It makes me wonder if they thought at one time things went on further north...IE the statements they made about cleaning car etc...but that it originated to the south and they're now trying to find someone who saw something.

BTW, a car coming up that road especially if it was someone that wasn't supposed to be around her, or someone she knew...would be the #1 reason in my mind a perp would go through the trouble of going in through the woods.
Remember this in the country, where I grew up, and not in a neighborhood watch area. A car, or truck, coming down the road is not a reason to call the cops. Especially, if you are a local, which is the theory.

If you want to escape, time is the key factor. You don't go wandering through the woods just to drive down some other road. Drive the car to the house, put her in the trunk, drive away like normal. Remember, you don't think anyone else is home.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 10EC_Dad For This Useful Post:
  #13  
Old 04-19-2011, 06:45 PM
Soulmagent Soulmagent is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 6,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10EC_Dad View Post
Remember this in the country, where I grew up, and not in a neighborhood watch area. A car, or truck, coming down the road is not a reason to call the cops. Especially, if you are a local, which is the theory.

If you want to escape, time is the key factor. You don't go wandering through the woods just to drive down some other road. Drive the car to the house, put her in the trunk, drive away like normal. Remember, you don't think anyone else is home.
Unless she has a R/O on you . Then your game plan HAS to be different.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soulmagent For This Useful Post:
  #14  
Old 04-19-2011, 07:20 PM
Nehemiah Nehemiah is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Southern US
Posts: 1,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ensht View Post
The location of the road blocks today - towards the smaller Rte 20 versus north towards the major east west route is interesting.
I drove home from Memphis today going the route that someone from Holly's area would most likely take if he/she were going/coming to/from Memphis. I have never seen in my entire life the numbers of LE on the interstate. They were at every exit and even in between. Of course I don't know that it was because of this case, but I have to think it was. I've traveled this route many times and never seen such.
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Nehemiah For This Useful Post:
  #15  
Old 04-19-2011, 04:54 PM
JustMe42 JustMe42 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by lishac23 View Post
Does anyone have an idea of how long it would take to walk through the woods from the point "they" entered the woods to the next/nearest road?
If you look at the map someone provided,it would be very easy to walk from the pond to the house. there would also be a small entry road, probably dirt, to the pond and itwould have been hard to spot a vehicle, or he woulda thought it was kinda hidden, there.Also, as much rain as that area had in those days she was abducted, it would have been easy to see the vehicle tracks, and her tracks there.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JustMe42 For This Useful Post:
  #16  
Old 04-19-2011, 05:16 PM
lishac23's Avatar
lishac23 lishac23 is offline
When love calls...I answer them
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: California
Posts: 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe42 View Post
If you look at the map someone provided,it would be very easy to walk from the pond to the house. there would also be a small entry road, probably dirt, to the pond and itwould have been hard to spot a vehicle, or he woulda thought it was kinda hidden, there.Also, as much rain as that area had in those days she was abducted, it would have been easy to see the vehicle tracks, and her tracks there.
Hi JustMe42,

Are you close to the area?
  #17  
Old 04-19-2011, 04:36 PM
ensht ensht is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 150
Please keep in mind the brother is guessing on the time. Not his fault nobody wears a watch. The 911 call was recorded and is probably the more accurate time. We're talking 200-300 feet to get near a neighbors house. 2mph is 176 feet per minute. So someone walking could have moved her from the area near the house at 725 to out back behind a neighbors within 3-4 minutes.

Two things that stick out:

Only about 6% of adult abductions happen during the day
Statistics show the attacker either does, or believes he "knows" the person.

Both of these things point to someone she knew IMO. I'll be shocked if this was random.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to ensht For This Useful Post:
  #18  
Old 04-19-2011, 04:38 PM
vjlaw vjlaw is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,027
If the brother thought it was the boyfriend leading her to the woods, why would she going to the woods with the boyfriend? What could be the reason he didn't think that odd at a time when she should be going to class? Sorry if this has already been addressed and I missed it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vjlaw For This Useful Post:
  #19  
Old 04-19-2011, 04:41 PM
wishing4good wishing4good is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by vjlaw View Post
If the brother thought it was the boyfriend leading her to the woods, why would she going to the woods with the boyfriend? What could be the reason he didn't think that odd at a time when she should be going to class? Sorry if this has already been addressed and I missed it.

It said the bf hunted the Bobo land so maybe to show her something he found while hunting? And the brother may have been half asleep and not thinking clearly
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wishing4good For This Useful Post:
  #20  
Old 04-19-2011, 04:49 PM
T4Tide's Avatar
T4Tide T4Tide is offline
Verified Registered Nurse
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by vjlaw View Post
If the brother thought it was the boyfriend leading her to the woods, why would she going to the woods with the boyfriend? What could be the reason he didn't think that odd at a time when she should be going to class? Sorry if this has already been addressed and I missed it.
I do not know the BF's schedule, but it is very common to hunt here. Maybe the BF isn't in school, or didn't have class that day. I could totally see Holly and her BF chatting while walking towards the woods and then departing each other there. He could have been heading into the woods to hunt, and they choose the tree line to say their goodbyes. While I am skeptical about a lot of things, that really isn't uncommon in the south.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to T4Tide For This Useful Post:
  #21  
Old 04-19-2011, 05:05 PM
vjlaw vjlaw is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by terra4thetide View Post
I do not know the BF's schedule, but it is very common to hunt here. Maybe the BF isn't in school, or didn't have class that day. I could totally see Holly and her BF chatting while walking towards the woods and then departing each other there. He could have been heading into the woods to hunt, and they choose the tree line to say their goodbyes. While I am skeptical about a lot of things, that really isn't uncommon in the south.
I am in the midwest, hunting is common here too, but if she was suppose to be going to class going to the woods would be unusual. jmo
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vjlaw For This Useful Post:
  #22  
Old 04-19-2011, 07:23 PM
Nehemiah Nehemiah is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Southern US
Posts: 1,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vjlaw View Post
I am in the midwest, hunting is common here too, but if she was suppose to be going to class going to the woods would be unusual. jmo
I know others who have gone thru this program, and it's possible that she was doing clinicals and her times to report were not the same all the time. Of course, I don't know where she was in her schooling, but that's the way it has been in the past with the ppl I know. My town in rural West TN also has a TN Tech Center, and they all operate basically the same.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nehemiah For This Useful Post:
  #23  
Old 04-19-2011, 04:53 PM
maskedwoman's Avatar
maskedwoman maskedwoman is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Murfreesboro TN
Posts: 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by vjlaw View Post
If the brother thought it was the boyfriend leading her to the woods, why would she going to the woods with the boyfriend? What could be the reason he didn't think that odd at a time when she should be going to class? Sorry if this has already been addressed and I missed it.
Well, it's turkey season. Maybe he assumed the bf had gotten a turkey and wanted to shot it to her. Some things I suspect we may never know.
__________________
We will never forget the missing.
The Following User Says Thank You to maskedwoman For This Useful Post:
  #24  
Old 04-19-2011, 07:14 PM
Nehemiah Nehemiah is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Southern US
Posts: 1,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vjlaw View Post
If the brother thought it was the boyfriend leading her to the woods, why would she going to the woods with the boyfriend? What could be the reason he didn't think that odd at a time when she should be going to class? Sorry if this has already been addressed and I missed it.
turkey season
The Following User Says Thank You to Nehemiah For This Useful Post:
  #25  
Old 04-19-2011, 04:40 PM
SweetSkit SweetSkit is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: West Tn
Posts: 132
The only thing with her being hit in the carport or near the garage is she would have yelled right then. The culture here in the woods is "My big brother/daddy will whoop your a** if you even look at me wrong"...with her knowing her brother was inside she would have drawn as much attention to herself as possible thinking he would come out and take care of it.

The only thing I can see that would change this is if he had a gun to her but I cant think of one single young woman I know (in these parts) that wouldnt take pride in proving she could knock his lights out.

For some reason, I just dont think she was very scared of the guy until they got out to wherever it was she started yelling.. :shrugs: Who knows though?!...
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to SweetSkit For This Useful Post:
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #7 SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Holly Bobo General Discussion Threads 507 04-19-2011 04:23 PM
TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #6 imamaze Holly Bobo General Discussion Threads 531 04-19-2011 12:38 AM
TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #4 imamaze Holly Bobo General Discussion Threads 541 04-17-2011 04:35 PM
TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #3 SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Holly Bobo General Discussion Threads 577 04-17-2011 12:09 AM
TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #2 SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Holly Bobo General Discussion Threads 593 04-16-2011 01:01 PM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:04 PM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!