Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Caylee Anthony 2 years old

Notices

Caylee Anthony 2 years old Not reported missing for a month after she was last seen.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-25-2011, 12:20 PM
JBean JBean is offline
WS Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Dana Point,CA
Posts: 20,221
Caylee opening the sliding glass door photo

I think it is caylee, but many do not.
Discuss.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-25-2011, 12:25 PM
CementPond CementPond is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 599
I think WOO's post from the other thread pretty much proves it IS Caylee. I no longer have any doubts myself. Thanks again for pointing that out.



PLEASE SEE BELOW!!! I copied and pasted both posts.


__________________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by CementPond View Post
Yes. You are correct. That link didn't work for me and the NG logo blocked the feet. But I did see clear as day on this link.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/video?id=8155334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
Ok I just thanked your post because I believe I have found some proof it is Caylee

First here's the pic in question:



Now the proof

Go to this link and watch the video of Caylee's 2nd b-day. Starting at the 2:50 mark and especially around the 3:05 mark - if you pause it - those really look like the sneakers in the pic. Also - keep watching and when CA picks her up and sits down with her on the lap - you'll another shot at pausing and looking at the shoes.

There is a "nike type" swish that's either black or blue running down the side of the shoes - I think it is the same apir from the pic in question.




Thoughts?


ETA: didn't realize link was bad - hang on I'll find a different one
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to CementPond For This Useful Post:
  #3  
Old 06-25-2011, 12:25 PM
RSDhoping for a cure's Avatar
RSDhoping for a cure RSDhoping for a cure is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: TN
Posts: 294
I'm honestly not sure. To me the child in the photo seems tall , especially considering both CA and ICA are petite. Is Caylee's height listed on the missing person flyer that the A's had?
__________________
Keep this rose Going for Caylee ♥
_____/)___/)______./¯"""/')
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\)¯¯\)¯¯¯'\_„„„„\)
We love you babygirl!
courtesy of ~n/t~




http://www.rsdhope.org/

http://www.rsdfoundation.org/crps.html
Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RSDhoping for a cure For This Useful Post:
  #4  
Old 06-25-2011, 12:28 PM
Hot Dogs's Avatar
Hot Dogs Hot Dogs is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,757
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSDhoping for a cure View Post
Is Caylee's height listed on the missing person flyer that the A's had?
Yes, she is listed as 37" tall.
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hot Dogs For This Useful Post:
  #5  
Old 06-25-2011, 12:30 PM
JBean JBean is offline
WS Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Dana Point,CA
Posts: 20,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Dogs View Post
Yes, she is listed as 37" tall.
Seems this girl is more like 35-36 so perhaps it was right before a growth spurt?
Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JBean For This Useful Post:
  #6  
Old 06-25-2011, 12:34 PM
Hot Dogs's Avatar
Hot Dogs Hot Dogs is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,757
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBean View Post
Seems this girl is more like 35-36 so perhaps it was right before a growth spurt?
Those athletic shoes have thick soles. Probably adding 1.5" to her height.
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hot Dogs For This Useful Post:
  #7  
Old 06-25-2011, 03:26 PM
Melanie's Avatar
Melanie Melanie is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 11,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Dogs View Post
Those athletic shoes have thick soles. Probably adding 1.5" to her height.
ahhh...but would she have shoes on if she was toddling out to the pool? Remember, no shoes were found at the site, and as far as I can recall (don't quote me) there were no shoes missing.

Which reminds me of the big broo-ha-ha Cindy made because she was donating Caylee's shoes. It even made the news for goodness sake.

Cindy Anthony, Caylee's grandmother, e-mailed Local 6 News on Tuesday saying she will give the shoes to the nonprofit group ChildrenOfLove.org, which serves less-fortunate children.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/24750620/detail.html

I don't know - the photo seems "stretched" to me -- if that makes any sense.

MOO

Mel
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-25-2011, 04:00 PM
JusticeSeeker1960's Avatar
JusticeSeeker1960 JusticeSeeker1960 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Posts: 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Dogs View Post
Those athletic shoes have thick soles. Probably adding 1.5" to her height.
Seems like I remember CA mentioning something about "water shoes" when she goes swimming...but, the sneakers just doesn't look right with this outfit....just feel like she would have on sandles or some other kind of dressy shoes..just don't look right.
__________________
"This ain't my first rodeo, Mr. Baez"

Where will Casey be when lightening strikes the third time....hmmm?

Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JusticeSeeker1960 For This Useful Post:
  #9  
Old 07-14-2011, 12:43 PM
Angelonline's Avatar
Angelonline Angelonline is offline
WS Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Somewhere Out There
Posts: 2,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Dogs View Post
Yes, she is listed as 37" tall.
My child is 37 inches tall (age 36 months) and she is not as tall as the child (Caylee? or not?) in this pic. However I think the pic looks distorted or photoshopped somehow.

IMO
__________________
"Words can break someone into a million pieces, but they can also put them back together. I hope you use yours for good, because the only words you'll regret more than the ones left unsaid are the ones you use to intentionally hurt someone."
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Angelonline For This Useful Post:
  #10  
Old 06-25-2011, 12:28 PM
JBean JBean is offline
WS Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Dana Point,CA
Posts: 20,221
I think the height of caylee and the door handle height make sense.
The picture can be elongated or shortened but it doesn't change the relationship between the handle and the girl. If anything this girl is shorter than Caylee was at the time she died.Definitely not taller.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-25-2011, 12:34 PM
SMK SMK is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 6,988
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBean View Post
I think the height of caylee and the door handle height make sense.
The picture can be elongated or shortened but it doesn't change the relationship between the handle and the girl. If anything this girl is shorter than Caylee was at the time she died.Definitely not taller.
Right, whether the pic is elongated or not, the relationship of the child to the door handle is the main part of the evidence. I think the pic remains in evidence and that the court has no issue with it.
Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to SMK For This Useful Post:
  #12  
Old 06-25-2011, 02:21 PM
Turnadot's Avatar
Turnadot Turnadot is offline
...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,718
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMK View Post
Right, whether the pic is elongated or not, the relationship of the child to the door handle is the main part of the evidence. I think the pic remains in evidence and that the court has no issue with it.
I agree. Personally, I think it's Caylee.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Turnadot For This Useful Post:
  #13  
Old 06-25-2011, 12:28 PM
Aqua_Green_Bean Aqua_Green_Bean is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 60
I think it is her. I think it is possible that the door was left cracked and it is a picture of her trying to open it more, not that she necessarily opened it herself. Also, I have seen people say how heavy those doors are and how hard they are to open. That depends on how new it is, how well it is on the track and oiled/slicked (i.e. WD40).
Reply With Quote
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Aqua_Green_Bean For This Useful Post:
  #14  
Old 06-25-2011, 01:27 PM
Puzzler's Avatar
Puzzler Puzzler is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua_Green_Bean View Post
I think it is her. I think it is possible that the door was left cracked and it is a picture of her trying to open it more, not that she necessarily opened it herself. Also, I have seen people say how heavy those doors are and how hard they are to open. That depends on how new it is, how well it is on the track and oiled/slicked (i.e. WD40).

I completely agree! Cindy herself testified that the door required an effort on Cindy's part to get open. I think this is definitely a photo of Caylee. If the entire height of the door were visible instead of being cut off just above her head, Caylee wouldn't appear all that tall.

She does look like she's attempting to open the door, whether she succeeded or not is anyone's guess. Maybe the door was left open just enough to let the dogs go out and she was trying to open it further? I think there are a lot of possibilities here besides "Caylee is opening the door."
Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Puzzler For This Useful Post:
  #15  
Old 02-23-2012, 08:13 AM
Still_Seek_Answers's Avatar
Still_Seek_Answers Still_Seek_Answers is offline
Hope is our strength......love is our determination
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua_Green_Bean View Post
I think it is her. I think it is possible that the door was left cracked and it is a picture of her trying to open it more, not that she necessarily opened it herself. Also, I have seen people say how heavy those doors are and how hard they are to open. That depends on how new it is, how well it is on the track and oiled/slicked (i.e. WD40).
I agree......I do not think she actually opened the door at all, and I think the prosecutors failed terribly by not pointing that fact out more. All the photo shows is her little hand on the handle. That in no way proves she could open it, or even that she could have opened it further.
__________________
http://miami.cbslocal.com/2011/09/19...0-years-later/
  • Everything I write is JMHO and NO OFFENSE is INTENDED
Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Still_Seek_Answers For This Useful Post:
  #16  
Old 02-23-2012, 08:41 AM
LambChop's Avatar
LambChop LambChop is offline
WS Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: CT/NC
Posts: 17,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Seek_Answers View Post
I agree......I do not think she actually opened the door at all, and I think the prosecutors failed terribly by not pointing that fact out more. All the photo shows is her little hand on the handle. That in no way proves she could open it, or even that she could have opened it further.
I am still baffled by the prosecutors didn't ask for the original picture because it appears to be from a video. jmo
__________________
A lie will go round the world before the truth gets its pants on - Charles Spurgeon
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:
  #17  
Old 02-23-2012, 08:00 PM
RR0004's Avatar
RR0004 RR0004 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Seek_Answers View Post
I agree......I do not think she actually opened the door at all, and I think the prosecutors failed terribly by not pointing that fact out more. All the photo shows is her little hand on the handle. That in no way proves she could open it, or even that she could have opened it further.
I think they didn't want to buy into the theory because Baez hadn't proven his OS. I think it's a huge jump from seeing a photo to believing that it "could have happened" the way he said it did, especially in view of the fact that the circumstantial evidence showed otherwise.

Last edited by RR0004; 02-23-2012 at 08:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RR0004 For This Useful Post:
  #18  
Old 06-25-2011, 12:30 PM
Jstc4caylee's Avatar
Jstc4caylee Jstc4caylee is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 361
ooooh..I disagree (abc13 houston my hometown news ) anyway, the shoes in the video, the purple goes front to back, almost middle part of shoe. the one in the pic are slanted middle of bottom , to top back. moo
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jstc4caylee For This Useful Post:
  #19  
Old 06-25-2011, 12:33 PM
Aqua_Green_Bean Aqua_Green_Bean is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstc4caylee View Post
ooooh..I disagree (abc13 houston my hometown news ) anyway, the shoes in the video, the purple goes front to back, almost middle part of shoe. the one in the pic are slanted middle of bottom , to top back. moo
They do look different when she is standing, but go to the :35 mark in the video where she is sitting on Cindy's lap, and the black strip is in the same direction and pattern as the door pic. Both shoes also have the black toe tip.
Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aqua_Green_Bean For This Useful Post:
  #20  
Old 06-25-2011, 12:38 PM
Jstc4caylee's Avatar
Jstc4caylee Jstc4caylee is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua_Green_Bean View Post
They do look different when she is standing, but go to the :35 mark in the video where she is sitting on Cindy's lap, and the black strip is in the same direction and pattern as the door pic. Both shoes also have the black toe tip.
Oh, they sure do...good call.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jstc4caylee For This Useful Post:
  #21  
Old 06-25-2011, 12:40 PM
coloradoteacher's Avatar
coloradoteacher coloradoteacher is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Colorado, USA
Posts: 596
Take a look at this zoomed in shot of her hand.... am I crazy or does it seem like her hand is not even on the handle in this pic (doctored??)
ETA: How do I make this come out bigger???
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4111.jpg (12.9 KB, 289 views)
Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to coloradoteacher For This Useful Post:
  #22  
Old 06-25-2011, 01:30 PM
Missy70Texas's Avatar
Missy70Texas Missy70Texas is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradoteacher View Post
Take a look at this zoomed in shot of her hand.... am I crazy or does it seem like her hand is not even on the handle in this pic (doctored??)
ETA: How do I make this come out bigger???
That is exactly what my eyes zoomed in on, the arm is at an odd angle also. I think it could very well be photoshopped.
__________________
"What though the radiance which was once so bright, be now forever taken from my sight. Though nothing can bring back the hour of splendor in the grass, of glory in the flower: we will grieve not, rather find strength in what remains behind." William Wordsworth
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Missy70Texas For This Useful Post:
  #23  
Old 06-25-2011, 03:39 PM
donnam's Avatar
donnam donnam is offline
Jersey Girl
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: I am a lifelong resident of the beautful Jersey Shore.
Posts: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradoteacher View Post
Take a look at this zoomed in shot of her hand.... am I crazy or does it seem like her hand is not even on the handle in this pic (doctored??)
ETA: How do I make this come out bigger???
I have had a problem with the left hand and arm since I saw this photo. I do think it IS Caylee, however, it looks doctored to me. I use photo shop a lot and have for years and it just doesn't look right to me. If I had a bigger and better quality picture i could tell better, but, it does looked doctored to me.
__________________
~~ Donna ~~

**Collective I.Q. of YARN I tell you**

***Mason: “When you looked at the pictures, was the mandible [jawbone] there or not?"
Garavaglia: “The mandible was there. It was there on x-ray and it was there in pictures.”
Mason: “Who placed the mandible there?”
Garavaglia: “God.” ***


***Mason returned to the possibility of drowning. Garavaglia replied that she had never seen a drowning with duct tape on the lower half of the face. “There’s no reason why a child that’s drowned is put in a plastic bag and dumped on the side of the road,” Garavagalia said.

***JB to Murdock :"Sir you're not a piece of duct tape are you? So you can't say your brand is my brand can you, sir"?***

***"I don't/can't remember/recall"*** Dr. Spitz




Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to donnam For This Useful Post:
  #24  
Old 07-13-2011, 10:41 AM
Whaleshark Whaleshark is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradoteacher View Post
Take a look at this zoomed in shot of her hand.... am I crazy or does it seem like her hand is not even on the handle in this pic (doctored??)
ETA: How do I make this come out bigger???
____

Originally Posted by stg
"I totally agree that the arm opening the door looks hinky. It is rounding too much, when the natural tendency would be for there to be some kind of angle at the elbow due to the elbow going outward as the hand grips the door. Every time I have looked at the photo, it's not the height of the child (I think it is Caylee), but something odd about that left arm I'm drawn to. It looks too long and skinny also.

I think it's photoshopped.
__

I agree with stg. You can tell the arm, and the wrist is rounded out to reach the handle.
It doesn't look real or natural at all.

Yep, it is photoshopped.

False evidence, false stories, and more lies. And they got away with it.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06-25-2011, 12:31 PM
RSDhoping for a cure's Avatar
RSDhoping for a cure RSDhoping for a cure is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: TN
Posts: 294
Isn't it possible that the shoes and clothes could've been put on the girl to make it appear to be Caylee, after all, CA saves everything.
__________________
Keep this rose Going for Caylee ♥
_____/)___/)______./¯"""/')
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\)¯¯\)¯¯¯'\_„„„„\)
We love you babygirl!
courtesy of ~n/t~




http://www.rsdhope.org/

http://www.rsdfoundation.org/crps.html
Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RSDhoping for a cure For This Useful Post:
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DD pounding on the door/broken glass/Shawn "deer in headlights" Kimster Hailey Dunn 63 02-12-2011 04:16 PM
Photo of Caylee Mid-tantrum **REVISITED** charok Caylee Anthony 2 years old 89 09-12-2010 11:36 AM
NYC; 11-year-old boy shot in the chest after opening his front door. dark_shadows Crimes in the News 14 01-02-2008 11:30 AM
Unlocked sliding door foils robbery attempt Casshew Bizarre and Off-Beat News 2 11-22-2004 10:39 PM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:30 AM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!