Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Caylee Anthony 2 years old

Notices

Caylee Anthony 2 years old Not reported missing for a month after she was last seen.

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 11:24 PM

Has DT Prepared ICA for Upcoming Verdict?

How do you think the DT has prepared ICA for the upcoming verdict? How do you think they might have handled this? Do you think she has any clue to what maybe coming her way?

It could go something like this "Casey we need to face the facts. We did the best we could with all of your lies, but you may have to spend all of your 'distorted' bella vita life in the 'magical' jail. But the bright side is that you'll be meeting lots of new 'imaginary' friends." And we want you to be assured that we'll do everything we can and immediately file a fictitious appeal."

(Can't make a joke about the DP). But seriously, I am really interested in peoples thoughts
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Leah0107 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2011, 11:28 PM

I dont think she is prepared at all for any murder or manslaughter conviction...she thinks she is going free
Old 07-04-2011, 11:35 PM

I ALSO am firmly convicted that she has TRULY convinced herself she's outsmarted everyone, and she'll be free as soon as the verdict is read.

This alone, gives me even greater anticipatory glee and satisfaction as to her prospective reaction, when that heavy hammer of justice descends harshly, loudly and justly upon the Defense table.

God is good.
And JUSTICE WILL BE SERVED.
And we the People of my home State of Florida will show that WE WILL NOT TOLERATE THE HEARTLESSNESS of such a heinous crime.
Thank you to Linda and Jeff, for the untiring, relentless and exemplary work in representing the people of the State.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to DietitianVicky For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2011, 12:48 AM
Seeking Justice for Victims

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferrin View Post
I dont think she is prepared at all for any murder or manslaughter conviction...she thinks she is going free
I don't even think that JB is ready or prepared for the verdict and what is worse ... They will roll the dice again rather than evaluate the case and decide if a plea deal is warranted. A plea deal could have stopped this years ago.

With aggravated child abuse / manslaughter being a popular theory, e.g., overdose and it not requiring a unanimous vote but raising to felony murder thus murder 1 then this is a likely outcome.

JB needs to man up and try to save his girl, time to put the ego to one side.

Justice for Caylee
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cyberborg For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2011, 01:16 AM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberborg View Post
I don't even think that JB is ready or prepared for the verdict and what is worse ... They will roll the dice again rather than evaluate the case and decide if a plea deal is warranted. A plea deal could have stopped this years ago.

With aggravated child abuse / manslaughter being a popular theory, e.g., overdose and it not requiring a unanimous vote but raising to felony murder thus murder 1 then this is a likely outcome.

I think JB will first take a vacation with his beautiful wife an new baby and enjoy having freedom from the pressure cooker and kick KC to the curb....
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jeepgirlva For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2011, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberborg View Post

But of course a plea deal would require her to take some responsibility and admit 'guilt' in open court. That's too much truth in ICA's world.
Old 07-05-2011, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferrin View Post
ITA! I think the DT has allowed KC to believe that she will be acquitted. I also think that JB's over inflated ego won't let him think that he did a very poor job as a defense attorney. One of the reporters twitted after the defense rested that both JB and KC feel they won their case.

The Following User Says Thank You to Leila For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2011, 11:33 PM

I think she thinks she will go free. I don't think she will and I don't think her DT does either. They just don't want her getting the DP. I'm sure they've told her if she is convicted they will appeal and to stay calm and do and say nothing when verdict is read.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Nova24 For This Useful Post:

I expect to see more of a reaction from Cindy than from Casey if the verdict is guilty. Casey is enjoying her time in the spotlight. The reality of her future in prison won't hit her until the trial and attention is over and she becomes just another prisoner sitting alone in her cell day after day after day after day.

Last edited by Chilly Willy; 07-04-2011 at 11:48 PM.

If they haven't prepared her, they better make a late night run to the jail
Old 07-04-2011, 11:39 PM

DT will consider it a victory if they avoid death penalty.

Not sure if they've directly said that to her, but I'd bet it has been implied.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleutherer View Post
DT will consider it a victory if they avoid death penalty.

Not sure if they've directly said that to her, but I'd bet it has been implied.
Can't remember what testimony was happening the day they asked for a PE, but I had wondered if something was said along the lines like getting ready to face the music.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:40 PM

I've read that CA and GA won't make a comment if it is DP but will make a short comment if it is anything else. I expect CA to have a book on the shelves in a month and be selling herself all over town.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Nova24 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2011, 11:47 PM
Praying for the lil ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova24 View Post
I've read that CA and GA won't make a comment if it is DP but will make a short comment if it is anything else. I expect CA to have a book on the shelves in a month and be selling herself all over town.
CA isn't going to have many buyer of a book. Who wants to support someone that possibly lied to attempt to fraud justice? I buy crime books, and I would pass it on the shelf and probably make an unkind gesture.

Many people can talk the talk, some people really know how to walk the walk, but it is a rare few who get to dance the dance!

ઇઉ Kimmy aka Cassata
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Cassata11 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2011, 04:21 AM
Let's not ask for the Moon, we have the Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassata11 View Post
CA isn't going to have many buyer of a book. Who wants to support someone that possibly lied to attempt to fraud justice? I buy crime books, and I would pass it on the shelf and probably make an unkind gesture.
I think you mean you'd show your middle finger of affection.

Big Brother and the Thought Police have arrived
1984 by George Orwell (1949)

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zoe Bogart For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2011, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova24 View Post
watching Cindy in interviews makes me sick to my stomach she is a phoney...A book of lies... who wants to read Cindy's version of the last three years..How will this loving grandmother justify the blood money she will be making ..No I will not pay to read Cindy's lie's ...
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to jeepgirlva For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2011, 11:44 PM

I hope that they have prepared her. I don't know about JB but CM and DCS know better that to not prepare her.

On the other hand, I am not sure that she believes that she will be convicted. I think that she still thinks this is just another of her starring roles and that even if she is convicted some knight in shining armor is going to come save her.

The lawyers, at least CM, DCS, and AF, knew going into this that there was no way she was going to be found not guilty. And if they didn't know it when they signed on they figured it out once they spent some time with ICA.

I don't think that it will sink in until the verdict is read and maybe not even then. I think that she will have to go back to her cell and think about where she went wrong. She will then begin the long appeals process with new improved, bigger, better lies.

She will never learn.

I reserve the right to at any time.

Want to know what all the hip, environmentally friendly babies are wearing this year?
Check out Nana's Natural Nappies for the best choices in cloth diapering and accessories.
Natural and organic products are available for mom, too!
10% discount on all orders over $50 during grand opening. US only.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to 100%Agave For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2011, 11:46 PM

So, if pigs fly and she gets found not guilty of enough to keep her still in jail, then what?

I mean, I don't imagine that could happen, but what if it did? She couldn't possibly go back to her parents' home, could she? Maybe stay with Lee? Does she still have friends after all this? Maybe her jailhouse pen pal will be out and let her sleep on the couch?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rabidstoat For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2011, 01:34 AM
<insert catchy saying here>

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabidstoat View Post
So, if pigs fly and she gets found not guilty of enough to keep her still in jail, then what?

I mean, I don't imagine that could happen, but what if it did? She couldn't possibly go back to her parents' home, could she? Maybe stay with Lee? Does she still have friends after all this? Maybe her jailhouse pen pal will be out and let her sleep on the couch?
Perhaps she could stay with Mr. and Mrs. Baez. Didn't they just have a new baby? I am sure they would feel perfectly safe with her around the baby.
Old 07-05-2011, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DairyGirl View Post
Perhaps she could stay with Mr. and Mrs. Baez. Didn't they just have a new baby? I am sure they would feel perfectly safe with her around the baby.

If that ever happens (and pigs fly) then JB would best be served to to take his wife and baby and go underground.

I don't want that psychopath on the streets (and I don't think that's name calling, but probably a spot on diagnosis).

Not to mention her bi-polar tendencies:

I can see all of these in her (not to mention the promiscuity).

Feeling unusually “high” and optimistic OR extremely irritable
Unrealistic, grandiose beliefs about one’s abilities or powers
Sleeping very little, but feeling extremely energetic
Talking so rapidly that others can’t keep up
Racing thoughts; jumping quickly from one idea to the next
Highly distractible, unable to concentrate
Impaired judgment and impulsiveness
Acting recklessly without thinking about the consequences
Delusions and hallucinations (in severe cases)

Disclaimer: I am not being judgemental of anyone who suffers from BP-D. I have a friend who has a severe case, and many on this MB have shared their situations. The difference is they are/have been getting help. ICA never seeked any helped, and yet I feel she's still being very "grandiose".

Truly - I believe she thinks she's gonna walk out of there arm and arm with Jose.

MOO

Mel
Old 07-05-2011, 02:55 AM
My reason for waking up each day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabidstoat View Post

I have a sense that Lee's obvious absence from one of the most important days of the trial--the closing arguments to the jury--is an indication that maybe it is not just George who may have washed his hands of the inmate.

I saw George make that "hand washing" gesture when he came down off the witness stand the other day, but I also saw his glance in the inmate's direction as he was walking up there. He made an attempt to smile at her and was greeted by a nasty, vicious glare from his daughter.

I think that between the time he headed to and then departed from the witness stand something happened inside him that was like an awakening--he is done with her.

I think that Lee has likely had that same awakening and wants nothing more to do with his sister.

All posts are my opinion only.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cleo612 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2011, 11:46 PM
POSTPARTUM SCHIZOPHRENIA! Yes folks, you heard that correctly!

I think like everyone else she has come in close contact with, they have probably fallen prey to a certain amount of placating that she requires, like oxygen.

I'm certain they have told her that no matter what happens, it won't truly be over till the fat lady sings- which translates to appeals, appeals and more appeals as far as they can go or until the money runs dry. Whichever happens first.

One thing I do believe though, is if (no, scratch that- I mean *when*) she gets her guilty verdict, I think Baez will be off like a hot snot. There's no way I think he's going to stick around with the inmate for battle #2. She's too high maintenance. He's already got what he came for; namely some notoriety and the ability to carve a little side career out for himself as a TH... because let's not kid ourselves here- this law thing is not exactly working out for him, is it?

I was glued to the SA's rebuttal today. I literally felt the tingle of the hairs standing up on the back of my neck those last few minutes of LDB's speech, and then when she knocked it out of the stratosphere with the photo of the inmate dancing on a tabletop and the ugly tattoo. Both she & JA were magnificent. There's no other descriptive word I can use.

Baez will never want to tangle with either of them again.
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to missm For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2011, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missm View Post
I think like everyone else she has come in close contact with, they have probably fallen prey to a certain amount of placating that she requires, like oxygen.

I'm certain they have told her that no matter what happens, it won't truly be over till the fat lady sings- which translates to appeals, appeals and more appeals as far as they can go or until the money runs dry. Whichever happens first.

One thing I do believe though, is if (no, scratch that- I mean *when*) she gets her guilty verdict, I think Baez will be off like a hot snot. There's no way I think he's going to stick around with the inmate for battle #2. She's too high maintenance. He's already got what he came for; namely some notoriety and the ability to carve a little side career out for himself as a TH... because let's not kid ourselves here- this law thing is not exactly working out for him, is it?

I was glued to the SA's rebuttal today. I literally felt the tingle of the hairs standing up on the back of my neck those last few minutes of LDB's speech, and then when she knocked it out of the stratosphere with the photo of the inmate dancing on a tabletop and the ugly tattoo. Both she & JA were magnificent. There's no other descriptive word I can use.

Baez will never want to tangle with either of them again.
It wouldn't be expected that Baez would stick with her, she would have an appeal attorney for the appeal process. If she were granted a new trial, which is very unlikely, it will be years from now. I don't believe I've ever heard of a case that was retried with the same defense attorney who tried the case originally.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chilly Willy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2011, 07:27 AM
POSTPARTUM SCHIZOPHRENIA! Yes folks, you heard that correctly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
It wouldn't be expected that Baez would stick with her, she would have an appeal attorney for the appeal process. If she were granted a new trial, which is very unlikely, it will be years from now. I don't believe I've ever heard of a case that was retried with the same defense attorney who tried the case originally.
Well of course that makes sense.

Yet many seem to be thinking/talking as if she'll be stuck with him forever- even on TV they are doing nothing to dispel the rumor.
The Following User Says Thank You to missm For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2011, 07:39 AM

I'm afraid that in Caseyland, she thinks she'll always sit there at the table helping out "her boys" & they will get her off so she can go live the life she started.

Seriously, I don't think she realizes what she's up against....I'm sure they've tried to speak with her but you can tell by the look of sheer hatred or whatever on her face, that she has a "plan" & anyone who tries to alter that plan may as well have a target on their forehead.

Where will Casey be when lightening strikes the third time....hmmm?

Closed Thread