Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Caylee Anthony 2 years old

Notices

Caylee Anthony 2 years old Not reported missing for a month after she was last seen.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-24-2011, 04:13 PM
Salem's Avatar
Salem Salem is offline
WS Administrator
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 27,304
The Verdict - Do you agree or disagree?

Please continue here.

ALSO - please remember that name calling will be removed. If you write a really good post, but then call someone names, the ENTIRE post will be removed. All your HARD WORK down the drain. THINK before hitting the POST BUTTON.

All TOS apply - attack the post, NOT the poster. Don't bicker. If someone is getting under your skin, USE the IGNORE button.

As always - if you have questions or problems with moderation or another poster - PM a member of the MOD TEAM. Don't respond in the thread because the responsibility lies with YOU and YOU will be the one that gets the TO.

Thanks Everybody!

Salem

Thread 1
  #2  
Old 07-24-2011, 05:22 PM
M.James M.James is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 135
Posted by beccalecca1:

I don't think that LE should arrest someone based off of guess work. The statements made by the A's could have been confirmed or verified if LE didn't look the other way. I don't believe it would've been too hard to do (pull up work records, cell records, etc). When investigating a missing child turned deceased child, I believe you shouldn't "guess".
&
If all LE "guessed" at who the suspects were and didn't investigate any other possibility, then there would be a lack of evidence. But just to make sure you have a solid case against someone you believe to be the criminal... why not just do a little more leg work? It's been 3 years before trial, lots of time for them to look down other avenues.



That's your opinion, whether I agree or not.
This is mine, whether you agree or not - when facts are the minimum and lies are the maximum, there needs to be a starting point - no one is going to raise their hand and yell 'I'm a suspect', and it's not likely the victim is going to write their murderer's name in blood (although it can happen).
If you believe there is no guesswork involved when investigating a crime, then that's what you believe. I'm of a different mind. I believe there would be many lost clues in many cases without guessing.

I will not continue to defend 'guesswork'.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to M.James For This Useful Post:
  #3  
Old 07-24-2011, 05:43 PM
flourish's Avatar
flourish flourish is offline
Yo I'm a ninja!
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 2,088
Do I agree or disagree with the verdict?

To answer the thread's question, I strongly disagree with the verdict.
__________________

Unless specified otherwise and linked, my posts are simply random thoughts of mine, in no particular order, not directed at any post or poster, including but not limited to the ones directly above mine. My opinion only, yours may vary. IMO. JMO. IMHO. JMHO. MOO. Disclaimer, small print, asterisk, and etc.
  #4  
Old 07-24-2011, 06:06 PM
Nefriahaia Nefriahaia is offline
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 721
I completely disagree with the verdict.
  #5  
Old 07-24-2011, 07:15 PM
beccalecca1 beccalecca1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Posts: 856
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.James View Post
Posted by beccalecca1:

I don't think that LE should arrest someone based off of guess work. The statements made by the A's could have been confirmed or verified if LE didn't look the other way. I don't believe it would've been too hard to do (pull up work records, cell records, etc). When investigating a missing child turned deceased child, I believe you shouldn't "guess".
&
If all LE "guessed" at who the suspects were and didn't investigate any other possibility, then there would be a lack of evidence. But just to make sure you have a solid case against someone you believe to be the criminal... why not just do a little more leg work? It's been 3 years before trial, lots of time for them to look down other avenues.



That's your opinion, whether I agree or not.
This is mine, whether you agree or not - when facts are the minimum and lies are the maximum, there needs to be a starting point - no one is going to raise their hand and yell 'I'm a suspect', and it's not likely the victim is going to write their murderer's name in blood (although it can happen).
If you believe there is no guesswork involved when investigating a crime, then that's what you believe. I'm of a different mind. I believe there would be many lost clues in many cases without guessing.

I will not continue to defend 'guesswork'.

My impression of the original post on "guesswork" was kinda of like you throw a dart at a board with all the player's pictures on it... whoever it lands on gets the arrest. Maybe I was wrong in assuming that.

I can understand watching a person of interest until you get enough evidence to arrest them, etc. (Isn't that the way normal investigations go?, Joran wasn't arrested by the U.S.... right?).
The Following User Says Thank You to beccalecca1 For This Useful Post:
  #6  
Old 07-24-2011, 07:21 PM
Sustained's Avatar
Sustained Sustained is offline
Justice for Travis
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Johns Creek
Posts: 1,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by beccalecca1 View Post
My impression of the original post on "guesswork" was kinda of like you throw a dart at a board with all the player's pictures on it... whoever it lands on gets the arrest. Maybe I was wrong in assuming that.

I can understand watching a person of interest until you get enough evidence to arrest them, etc. (Isn't that the way normal investigations go?, Joran wasn't arrested by the U.S.... right?).
If you're talking Natalee Holloway, Joran was never arrested by the US as the US didn't have jurisdiction in Aruba. Apparently, the Aruban authorities didn't feel there was enough evidence to charge him as he was never charged in Natalee's disappearance.

If you're talking about the recent extortion attempt on Beth Holloway, he would be arrested if he set foot on American soil.
__________________

DEFENDANT IS A LIAR + DEFENDANT'S KID GOES MISSING + DEFENDANT REPORTS KID MISSING AFTER 31 DAYS + KID IS FOUND DEAD = DEFENDANT KILLED KID
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Sustained For This Useful Post:
  #7  
Old 07-24-2011, 08:36 PM
beccalecca1 beccalecca1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Posts: 856
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sustained View Post
If you're talking Natalee Holloway, Joran was never arrested by the US as the US didn't have jurisdiction in Aruba. Apparently, the Aruban authorities didn't feel there was enough evidence to charge him as he was never charged in Natalee's disappearance.

If you're talking about the recent extortion attempt on Beth Holloway, he would be arrested if he set foot on American soil.
My understanding... and I could be completely misinformed, was the US was still watching him with and through the Arubian authorities (until he left for Peru of course).

My point is, IMO, LE frequently monitors the person of interest while they gather more evidence. Sometimes while monitoring they see first hand new evidence to lead to an arrest. I just don't think in this case they were monitoring anything, they jumped the gun and made an arrest and surrounded the rest of the investigation around that. MOO though
The Following User Says Thank You to beccalecca1 For This Useful Post:
  #8  
Old 07-24-2011, 08:44 PM
Sustained's Avatar
Sustained Sustained is offline
Justice for Travis
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Johns Creek
Posts: 1,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by beccalecca1 View Post
My understanding... and I could be completely misinformed, was the US was still watching him with and through the Arubian authorities (until he left for Peru of course).

My point is, IMO, LE frequently monitors the person of interest while they gather more evidence. Sometimes while monitoring they see first hand new evidence to lead to an arrest. I just don't think in this case they were monitoring anything, they jumped the gun and made an arrest and surrounded the rest of the investigation around that. MOO though
I hardly think LE jumped the gun in arresting FCA. She was arrested on 7/16 on charges on child neglect and lying to investigators and released on bond 8/21/08. Those charges were substantiated by her own statements. She was re-arrested on the check charges on 8/28/08 after that investigation had concluded and released on bail 9/5/08. She was not arrested on the murder charge until 10/14/08 after the grand jury indicted her. Please tell me how they jumped the gun ?
__________________

DEFENDANT IS A LIAR + DEFENDANT'S KID GOES MISSING + DEFENDANT REPORTS KID MISSING AFTER 31 DAYS + KID IS FOUND DEAD = DEFENDANT KILLED KID
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Sustained For This Useful Post:
  #9  
Old 07-24-2011, 06:19 PM
Carolina Girl's Avatar
Carolina Girl Carolina Girl is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: SC
Posts: 1,281
I disagree with the verdict strongly. The jury should have at least found her guilty of the third count.
  #10  
Old 07-24-2011, 06:32 PM
RR0004's Avatar
RR0004 RR0004 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Girl View Post
I disagree with the verdict strongly. The jury should have at least found her guilty of the third count.
...and let's remember...not one question was asked. I don't believe they could possible have gone through EVERYTHING (including the jury instructions) and not have had ONE question to ask of the Court.
  #11  
Old 07-24-2011, 06:39 PM
roseofsharon roseofsharon is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by RR0004 View Post
...and let's remember...not one question was asked. I don't believe they could possible have gone through EVERYTHING (including the jury instructions) and not have had ONE question to ask of the Court.
Not to mention, requesting to see the duct tape and heart sticker residue on that duct tape BEFORE THE TRIAL WAS OVER!!!! I know I keep asking, but why wasn't a mistrial declared? HHJBP just took this in his stride and I think it was made available to them -- someone please correct me if this is wrong.

I adamantly DISAGREE with the verdict!!!!

imo
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to roseofsharon For This Useful Post:
  #12  
Old 07-24-2011, 06:58 PM
LyndyLoo's Avatar
LyndyLoo LyndyLoo is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North of 49th Parallel
Posts: 2,398
I Could NOT Vote or thank everyone !

I find it dispicable that any jury could exhonerate Ms KC for being responsible for precious Caylee's death..It's in...EXUSEABLE for any group of 12 to somehow hate KC's "Family" background as any sort of exuse to snuff a 2 year olds life out..bound, gag, package and DUMP her body to be muched on by critters of the swamp located less than half mile from their home....

It's it difficult for me even to try why these dozen peoples could ExHONERATE "Caylee's" momma..who by all evidence was the LAST "Caregiver" incharge of her well being..Makes me want to BARF!! I keep having re-ocurring dreams just how 12 normal people could HATE Grandparents..and Family Issues so much to EXCUSE "SNUFFING OUT" a poor baby's life..I am so sickened,,I doubt I will ever be able to what such INJUSTICE again and applaud all those that BLOCK FOrtunes to be made on the back of Caylee's Death..

Sorry, It's not just the INJUSTICE..but a "Notoriety" that breeds $$$ ..I take some respise knowing KC/ JB and any one else who benefit from this INJUSTICE will reap their rewards by a much higher power

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to LyndyLoo For This Useful Post:
  #13  
Old 07-24-2011, 06:40 PM
TxLady2's Avatar
TxLady2 TxLady2 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 7,945
I do not agree with the verdict, but I have to accept it.
As for not asking one question, my guess is they pretty much had their minds made up before they began deliberating and according to a lot of lawyers, that is not uncommon. We now know that the vote was split at first, so I would think their deliberations consisted of the majority arguing to swing the vote around to a unanimous "not guilty."
Yes, they should have found her guilty of something, but it is what it is. I think they didn't understand the instructions, 26 pages is a lot to wade through, IMO.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TxLady2 For This Useful Post:
  #14  
Old 07-24-2011, 06:45 PM
roseofsharon roseofsharon is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,586
"They found the only twelve people who still think the world is flat"

Sue Moss


IMO -- this statement says it all!!!!!
  #15  
Old 07-24-2011, 06:52 PM
Eric's_Iguana Eric's_Iguana is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 201
I have to disagree based on the known facts.

CFCA lies. Her family lies. Caylee was dead with duct tape around her face.

That's enough for me to "connect the dots."
__________________
Beyond the door,
There's peace I'm sure,
And I know there'll be no more
Tears in heaven.
  #16  
Old 07-24-2011, 06:52 PM
charok's Avatar
charok charok is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: oklahoma/heart of tornado alley
Posts: 563
no i do NOT agree w/ verdict,nor do i have to respect it, or accept it, at all. at very least should have gotten manslaughter or agg. child abuse...( imo should have gotten 1st degree murder, but again all moo)
to keep w/in TOS, thats all im gonna say
  #17  
Old 07-24-2011, 07:33 PM
Sweet Fox's Avatar
Sweet Fox Sweet Fox is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by charok View Post
no i do NOT agree w/ verdict,nor do i have to respect it, or accept it, at all. at very least should have gotten manslaughter or agg. child abuse...( imo should have gotten 1st degree murder, but again all moo)to keep w/in TOS, thats all im gonna say
I feel exactly the same way as you. Not only was the verdict innane, the manner in which this so called jury reached that verdict was ridiculous and NOT in accordance to the law or the Court's instructions. MOO

<snippet> Case law says that, under unusual circumstances, a judge can withhold jurors' names for about a week. Their names could be released early next week. But the judge didn't say when the clock started on that period.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/courts/...-today/1179295
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Sweet Fox For This Useful Post:
  #18  
Old 07-24-2011, 11:43 PM
kelian36 kelian36 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Fox View Post
I feel exactly the same way as you. Not only was the verdict innane, the manner in which this so called jury reached that verdict was ridiculous and NOT in accordance to the law or the Court's instructions. MOO

<snippet> Case law says that, under unusual circumstances, a judge can withhold jurors' names for about a week. Their names could be released early next week. But the judge didn't say when the clock started on that period.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/courts/...-today/1179295
bbm/ EXACTLY how I feel.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kelian36 For This Useful Post:
  #19  
Old 07-24-2011, 07:06 PM
Baznme's Avatar
Baznme Baznme is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Northern Adirondack Mountains
Posts: 4,226
I share C. Mason's surprise at the verdict. Surprise. Everyone was shocked, including Casey! I don't want to hear another word from this jury, Casey, the A's or Baez.
__________________
My posts are my opinion only.....
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Baznme For This Useful Post:
  #20  
Old 07-24-2011, 07:15 PM
charok's Avatar
charok charok is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: oklahoma/heart of tornado alley
Posts: 563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baznme View Post
I share C. Mason's surprise at the verdict. Surprise. Everyone was shocked, including Casey! I don't want to hear another word from this jury, Casey, the A's or Baez.
reminds me how oj team was shocked at his verdict, including oj...kinda eerie similar path here...imo
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to charok For This Useful Post:
  #21  
Old 07-24-2011, 07:38 PM
annalia's Avatar
annalia annalia is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by charok View Post
reminds me how oj team was shocked at his verdict, including oj...kinda eerie similar path here...imo
I'll never forget the look on Kardashian's face when they announced the verdict, he was stunned.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to annalia For This Useful Post:
  #22  
Old 07-25-2011, 12:29 AM
Little Black Dress's Avatar
Little Black Dress Little Black Dress is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by annalia View Post
I'll never forget the look on Kardashian's face when they announced the verdict, he was stunned.
Ha! I just posted virtually the same thing.....sorry, didn't see your post until just now!
  #23  
Old 07-25-2011, 12:25 AM
Little Black Dress's Avatar
Little Black Dress Little Black Dress is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by charok View Post
reminds me how oj team was shocked at his verdict, including oj...kinda eerie similar path here...imo

Yes...........all except one. If you get a chance, find the old footage (perhaps YouTube?) and check out the reaction on the face of Robert Kardashian (friend and lawyer to OJ) when that verdict was read. The utter and complete shock on his face bordered on sheer horror and disbelief. It's quite clear to see that not only did he expect to see OJ convicted, but seems to have even preferred that possibility (no poker face on him, that's for sure! ).

And to tie this back to topic, the look on Kardashian's face reminded me somewhat of the look on George Anthony's face when the verdict was read in Ms. Anthony's case. He too, was shocked, but not necessarily 'happy'.

Odd coincidence? Nah...just two people who not only expected the respective defendents to be convicted, but also appeared to believe them to be guilty.

Just my opinion.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Little Black Dress For This Useful Post:
  #24  
Old 07-24-2011, 07:17 PM
dog.gone.cute's Avatar
dog.gone.cute dog.gone.cute is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 7,374
I totally DISAGREE with the "Verdict" ...

I do NOT "respect the "Verdict" ...

I will NEVER "accept" the Verdict ...


I wonder if there would have been a "Guilty Verdict" if the Jury had been selected from Orange County, instead of Pinellas County ?

__________________
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to dog.gone.cute For This Useful Post:
  #25  
Old 07-24-2011, 07:33 PM
annalia's Avatar
annalia annalia is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,923
I disagree that she was acquitted never able to be charged again.

I don't necessarily disagree that she didn't get first degree and the DP, but she never should have completely exonerated. The evidence was there and pointed to casey and only Casey. All of the rest was fabrications and imaginary scenarios dreamed up by the DT.

The jury simply bought the salacious OS by the DT and never got past that, they disregared all evidence and bought the non evidence, like Casey had george's privates in her mouth. They ignored that there was no evidence to support it just like there was no evidence to support an accidental drowning. Then they watched the DT fondling Casey, hugging her, stroking her, pretending to be consoling the poor thing and thought Casey was the victim, she didn't 'look' like she could do such a thing.

On the other hand, they bought everything about George because he 'looked' shady.

They had no clue what reasonable doubt really is.

JMHO

Last edited by annalia; 07-24-2011 at 07:45 PM.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to annalia For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
If you agree or disagree with the verdict, let us know why JBean Caylee Anthony 2 years old 1347 07-24-2011 04:14 PM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:04 AM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!