Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Located Forum Discussion

Notices

Located Forum Discussion Discussion for those who were missing and are now located

Old 10-03-2011, 09:26 PM

OR - Cody Myers, 19, Salem, 1 Oct 2011: two suspects CAPTURED!

Cody Myers went missing on Saturday, but his car popped up in Salem during a crime at a local gas station.

His family says Cody Myers left his home in Lafayette on Saturday for the Newport Jazz Festival. He was going alone. That was the last time his family saw him.

Sunday a clue emerged for Cody's family. According to Klein, who spoke with detectives, Cody's car was spotted Saturday night around midnight driving erratically on I-5 near Salem.

A short time later, around 1:00 a.m., Cody's car stopped at this gas station off of Lancaster Drive Southeast. His sister says Cody wasn't in the car, but a woman was driving. She was pictured in the store's security cameras used a stolen credit card to buy milk and cigarettes.

The store's clerk told us he chased after her as she sped off, writing down the car's license plate number.
Snipped: http://www.kptv.com/story/15608434/f...ng-19-year-old (More info at link)
Old 10-03-2011, 10:40 PM

Oh, wow, this doesn't sound good at all....praying for this family.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Irish_Eyes For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2011, 12:03 AM

OH my not another young man missing
Old 10-04-2011, 01:36 AM

Wow....his car being used by someone else is a very disturbing detail.

This young man apparently ran into some serious trouble. It doesn't look like this case will have a favorable outcome.
Old 10-04-2011, 01:49 AM
WS Moderator

I wonder what time Cody left on Saturday? MSM says he was going to the jazz festival in Newport. The events on Saturday started at 9:30 am, but the music started about noon. (http://www.jazzatnewport.org/home.cfm?dir_cat=91272) So presumably he would have left early to mid morning. It takes less than 2 hours to drive from Lafayette to Newport.

He was alone, so it's hard to say if he made it to the festival or not. He did not text his family saying he made it, but he's 19, and might not have even thought about it. I wonder if he planned on staying in Newport that night for the events on Sunday, or if he planned to drive back that night?

Maybe something happened at the festival, and that person took the car and back-tracked to Salem? Or, since the person was also in possession of a stolen credit card, hopefully they just stole the car and Cody got stranded. Maybe his cell phone died and his charger was in the car? Have they tried to ping the phone?

STILL DOING IT FOR DYLAN GROENE. REST IN PEACE:
http://www.amw.com/missing_children/brief.cfm?id=32037

HELP FIND MISSING 7-YEAR-OLD PATRICK ALFORD: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107247
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2011, 01:45 AM
WS Adminstrator, Verified Posters Liaison

http://kptv.images.worldnow.com/images/15608434_BG1.jpg

Is that blowing the margins? I can't tell with the program I'm using.

I'm not far from these places. And I have a son about the same age.

"Casting Crowns" (on his Tshirt) is a Christian band and probably not a Tshirt that a rowdy kid would be wearing.
Old 10-04-2011, 01:50 AM

He's 6'3" - that's pretty tall!

Here's a pic of a Plymouth Breeze. The article didn't mention the year of the one he was driving?

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2011, 02:05 AM
WS Moderator

Map of the locations. Hope this works.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=...74583,1.674042

STILL DOING IT FOR DYLAN GROENE. REST IN PEACE:
http://www.amw.com/missing_children/brief.cfm?id=32037

HELP FIND MISSING 7-YEAR-OLD PATRICK ALFORD: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107247
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2011, 02:04 AM

He appears to be a healthy, happy and attractive young man. I know his family is just crazy about now. I too like Casting Crowns. (shirt) Indicates to me he is confident in who he is and very well adjusted.

SWMNBN, I agree with your assesment that he may have gotten stranded. Perhaps even lost his wallet in the deal. I hope he turns up soon. The car wound up back in Salem? hmmmmmmmm
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to redfish For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2011, 02:14 AM

Thank you for the map. Oh my, first look by me and my heart says he never made it there. That would be "jumping to conclusions" I know but this is what MY logic says.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to redfish For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2011, 07:57 AM

Quote:
"Not only did they try to get fuel, but they also got a loaf of bread, a gallon of milk, some ravioli in a can – which kind of tells me that maybe they live in the Salem area," said Klein.

There was another man in the car at the gas station but he had his head covered.

Myers' family now worries he may have been carjacked.

The white four-door Plymouth Breeze has an Oregon license plate that reads 025-CCH. It also has the word "Espresso" written on the lower part of both sides.
Snipped: http://www.katu.com/news/local/131033668.html (Video and a photo of his car at link)
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2011, 08:23 AM
Cancer Sucks

Hmmmm....who's credit card was used? I assume it's not Cody's or else that would have been said?

Milk and a can of ravioli? Sounds to me like the woman has a child or children.......
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shelby1 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2011, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby1 View Post
Hmmmm....who's credit card was used? I assume it's not Cody's or else that would have been said?

Milk and a can of ravioli? Sounds to me like the woman has a child or children.......
And that she must be somewhat local to the station where she "bought" the items, unless she carries a can opener with her and likes cold canned ravioli.

Geez, this doesn't sound good. Prayers that he is found safe!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bdawk20 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2011, 02:34 PM
Sometimes learning is finding out what we already know.

Search broadens for missing Lafayette teen
Oct 4 2011

snipped...
Quote:
The Newberg-Dundee, Keizer, Salem and Everett, Wash. police departments, Marion County Sheriff's Office, Yamhill County Crime Victims Services, Oregon State Police and U.S. Marshals Service are assisting Yamhill County authorities.

"It is through science that we prove, but through intuition that we discover." - Henri Poincare
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to tarabull For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2011, 03:00 PM

A few tweets from local media

@fox12oregon
fox12oregon FOX 12 Oregon KPTV

2 p.m. news conference now planned in missing teen case as police investigate link to Everett, WA murder. http://bit.ly/piLjpt

5 minutes ago Favorite Undo Retweet Reply

@KGWNews
KGWNews KGW News

UPDATE: Missing Oregon teen is in danger, deputies say -http://bit.ly/nFVCv5
2 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to freefallzzzz For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2011, 03:08 PM

http://www.kptv.com/story/15608434/f...ng-19-year-old

Please note from the article at above link the owner of the credit card and the possible identity of the woman (and man in car) at the gas station:

Quote:
At the gas station, a woman used a stolen credit card belonging to Leslie Pederson, a woman killed in Everett, WA, last week. Since the homicide, police have not been able to find Pederson's stepson, who recently was released from prison, or his girlfriend.

Yamhill County deputies are now investigating whether Myers became the victim of foul play when he crossed paths with someone linked to the killing. State police have scheduled a 2 p.m. news conference to update the public on the case.
This is not looking good for Cody at all.
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to truthsleuth For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2011, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truthsleuth View Post
http://www.kptv.com/story/15608434/f...ng-19-year-old

Please note from the article at above link the owner of the credit card and the possible identity of the woman (and man in car) at the gas station:

This is not looking good for Cody at all.
This is the part that scares me the most. If it really is these "fugitives", then I feel that Cody was in extreme danger if he met up with them. Praying for Cody today!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=195327
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cocomod For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2011, 03:15 PM

Some information on the Pederson murder..
Quote:
EVERETT, Wash. -- Police are looking for the husband and stepson of an Everett woman who was found slain in her home.

Leslie Pedersen, 69, was found dead on Wednesday in the mobile home where she and her husband, David Pedersen, lived.

Details from a search warrant described a gruesome scene that Leslie Pedersen's daughter found Wednesday when she saw her mother's body on a bed, her hands duct-taped together and her head wrapped in a bloody pillow. A sword was nearby.

When officers arrived, Leslie Pedersen's daughter told them that they should be looking for the victim's stepson, David Joseph Pedersen, 31.

According to court papers, David Joseph Pedersen was recently released from an Oregon prison where he served time on for robbery and assault. He is a mixed martial arts fighter who was put on medical leave two weeks ago after being knocked out.
Snipped: http://www.kirotv.com/news/29356637/detail.html
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2011, 03:18 PM

Oh no!!!! Please let Cody be found safe!!!
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2011, 03:27 PM

oh my that poor kid, this just sounds bizarre
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sreshowtime For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2011, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreshowtime View Post
oh my that poor kid, this just sounds bizarre
Talk about being in the wrong place at the wrong time. It sure sounds like Cody was! Maybe he stopped along the way for a pitstop and was jacked. Or stopped to "help" and was jacked.

Somehow, I really don't think this will be a good ending. Although he could be injured somewhere.

People are just appallingly cruel and mean.

*sigh* (Oh Cody why couldn't you have taken a different route, or been half an hour later or earlier. Something to take you away from the path of whomever you crossed.)
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AuburnPoet For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2011, 03:27 PM
Websleuth Member

Praying for Cody....

Just can't imagine how people can commit these horrible crimes.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shefner For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2011, 03:47 PM

http://www.kirotv.com/news/29356637/detail.html

From the above link/article:

Quote:
According to court papers, David Joseph Pedersen was recently released from an Oregon prison where he served time on for robbery and assault. He is a mixed martial arts fighter who was put on medical leave two weeks ago after being knocked out.

David Joseph Pedersen was in town last weekend visiting his father, Leslie Pederson's husband, David.

Police said the two men and [Leslie and David Pederson's] SUV are missing.
I'm thinking there is a possibility that the father is a victim in this crime as well. Probable? Don't know yet. But he wasn't in Cody's car when it was at the gas station--the stepson's girlfriend was and a male passenger. Logic tells me the passenger was the stepson.

Last edited by truthsleuth; 10-04-2011 at 04:27 PM.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to truthsleuth For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2011, 04:33 PM

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-no..._for_miss.html

Quote:
... the search for Myers has grown to include multiple law enforcement agencies at state and federal levels.

The Yamhill County Sheriff's Office is teaming with the Oregon Crime Victims' Services Division and the police departments of Newberg-Dundee, Keizer, Salem and Everett. The Marion County Sheriff's Office, Oregon State Police and the U.S. Marshals Service are also involved.
With so many searching, I'm still hopeful Cody will be found. And I'm so very much hoping he will be found alive.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to truthsleuth For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2011, 04:57 PM

From KGW reporter's twitter
@mark_hanrahan

mark_hanrahan Mark Hanrahan

OSP just posted these pics ahead of missing teen, Cody Myers press conference. http://yfrog.com/kh9c7rjj

31 seconds ago Favorite Undo Retweet Reply
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freefallzzzz For This Useful Post: