Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Hot Cases > Lisa Irwin Missing!

Notices

Lisa Irwin Missing! 10 mo old Lisa Irwin disappeared from her crib in the middle of the night. Where is she?

Old 10-26-2011, 03:33 PM

Lisa's Parents Want New Detectives

Sorry if this has already been posted... couldn't locate it. I just ran across this article that was posted a short time ago...

http://www.people.com/people/article...540037,00.html

Last edited by Wise Old Owl; 10-26-2011 at 03:45 PM.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Trubie For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2011, 03:39 PM

Yeah and I want a different cuter policeman to give me the speeding tickets..I want a different IRS agent to look at my case..I want a different boss ..I want a different ....
Old 10-26-2011, 03:44 PM

Apologies for the weird title... friggin keyboard.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Trubie For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2011, 03:46 PM
Have clue will sleuth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trubie View Post
Apologies for the weird title... friggin keyboard.
When I first read the title I thought it was a typo, but thought you were addressing the Alyssa Lumford (I probably messed that one up too) case from WV
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dewey2Me1MoThyme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2011, 03:45 PM
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferrin View Post
Yeah and I want a different cuter policeman to give me the speeding tickets..I want a different IRS agent to look at my case..I want a different boss ..I want a different ....
Yeah, we ALL want a do over!
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Nefriahaia For This Useful Post:

I fixed it!

And I can't help repeating the famous line my grammy used to always use when I would say I wanted something.............

Yea? How does it feel to want?

sorry, couldn't help it - first thing that came to my mind as I used that on my kids throughout the years as well.
Old 10-26-2011, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
I fixed it!

And I can't help repeating the famous line my grammy used to always use when I would say I wanted something.............

Yea? How does it feel to want?

sorry, couldn't help it - first thing that came to my mind as I used that on my kids throughout the years as well.
Thanks for the edit! Sometimes my mind works faster than my fingers!

A few questions... is it reasonable to request new detectives in a criminal case? (Honestly I shake my head as I even type this!) and would they get new detectives?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trubie For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2011, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the edit! Sometimes my mind works faster than my fingers!

A few questions... is it reasonable to request new detectives in a criminal case? (Honestly I shake my head as I even type this!) and would they get new detectives?
Yes. Amber Dubois mom (Carrie) took her case to the FBI because she was fed up with local LE.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2011, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post
Yes. Amber Dubois mom (Carrie) took her case to the FBI because she was fed up with local LE.
BUT the FBI is already involved in this one! moo
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to luckyme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2011, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyme View Post
BUT the FBI is already involved in this one! moo
Initially all LE agencies get involved because this is a missing child case. An Amber Alert was issued and it was considered an abduction. I don't know at what point a federal agency steps aside and lets local LE handle the case. My guess is when local LE tells them the crime is local and no evidence is presented to suggest a suspect has crossed State lines.

Many of the other cases I've followed and continue to follow had FBI involvement but then it was left to local LE to solve.
The Following User Says Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2011, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Sorry, I don't know much about Amber's case. How long was she missing before her mother requested FBI help?

Even though it's been a little over three weeks since Baby Lisa vanished, an eternity for most, it's it a bit soon to start requesting new investigator's?

JMHO
Old 10-26-2011, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Sorry, I don't know much about Amber's case. How long was she missing before her mother requested FBI help?

Even though it's been a little over three weeks since Baby Lisa vanished, an eternity for most, it's it a bit soon to start requesting new investigator's?

JMHO
I don't recall off hand. Local LE were on the "runaway" theory and at the same time looked at her stepfather as a person of interest. Family was totally innocent

She was murdered by a registered sex offender. He murdered another girl shortly after Amber.

Cops do get it wrong sometimes.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2011, 07:48 PM
Verified Juanette

Quote:
i had never heard of this case,so i went and watched an episode of 48 hours mystery about it.i think i cried just about the whole 40 mins.

stranger danger is real but its still not changed my opinion of these 2.

these girls parents/step parents did everything that DB/JI SHOULD be doing,yet they are throwing tantrums and worrying about themselves

Jodi Ann Arias - GUILTY 1st Degree Murder
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to josie1986 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2011, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by josie1986 View Post
i had never heard of this case,so i went and watched an episode of 48 hours mystery about it.i think i cried just about the whole 40 mins.

stranger danger is real but its still not changed my opinion of these 2.

these girls parents/step parents did everything that DB/JI SHOULD be doing,yet they are throwing tantrums and worrying about themselves
I respect your opinion but have to disagree. If the Press release is true regarding what these parents did then I believe they have done everything in their power to ensure they get ruled out so LE can focus on finding their daughter.

There is still that struggle going on with LE and until that is resolved, I don't know how much more they can do. Unfortunately, they had to get an attorney because LE were pointing the finger at mom.

The attorney set up a website, media is all over the case, they made pleas in the early days, flyers have been posted, LE did a door to door canvassing of the neighbourhood. What else can a parent do but rely on LE? Where does one even begin to search when the ones who are supposed to help you think you killed your child?

I don't know if they're guilty. So far, I have not seen real factual evidence to point to their guilt and until then even if I think some of the story is screwy, I will continue to believe they are not involved. Someone took Lisa and she needs to be found..........YESTERDAY!

I wish they would hire a PI whose only focus is to find Lisa. Deep down, I like to believe there is one looking for her and it's being kept a secret. It makes me feel better knowing that.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

IMHO this represents another act of putting themselves first over finding Baby Lisa. Now if they said the detectives weren't doing all they could to find baby Lisa, I would understand. However, my understanding of it is:

They don't mind being interviewed separately as long as the detectives are fair, open-minded and non-accusatory, she said.

What does that mean? As long as LE interviews them in a manner THEY deem acceptable?

It just reminds me that this isn't about baby Lisa, but the comfort of the parents.

Just my opinion.

Mel

Source: http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/26/justic...html?hpt=hp_t2
Old 10-26-2011, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
IMHO this represents another act of putting themselves first over finding Baby Lisa. Now if they said the detectives weren't doing all they could to find baby Lisa, I would understand. However, my understanding of it is:

They don't mind being interviewed separately as long as the detectives are fair, open-minded and non-accusatory, she said.

What does that mean? As long as LE interviews them in a manner THEY deem acceptable?

It just reminds me that this isn't about baby Lisa, but the comfort of the parents.

Just my opinion.

Mel

There's a thread about the separate interviews

LE wants to interview the parents separately - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2011, 03:54 PM

The parents reaction is not any different than other moms, dads when their children are missing and it seems LE's only focus is on the parents or a family member or they're not getting any answers from LE.

We just have to look at so many other cases. Holly Bobo's mom wanted the President of the United States help find her daughter.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2011, 03:57 PM
"Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."

Quote:
The parents reaction is not any different than other moms, dads when their children are missing and it seems LE's only focus is on the parents or a family member or they're not getting any answers from LE.

We just have to look at so many other cases. Holly Bobo's mom wanted the President of the United States help find her daughter.
IIRC, the McCanns wanted to meet with the Pope when Madeleine went missing.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2011, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes View Post
IIRC, the McCanns wanted to meet with the Pope when Madeleine went missing.
Yes but not to get help searching for their daughter but for spritual purposes.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2011, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Sorry if this has already been posted... couldn't locate it. I just ran across this article that was posted a short time ago...

http://www.people.com/people/article...540037,00.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by pferrin View Post
That is outrageous! The thought of it is laughable, if it wasn't about a missing baby! Reminds me of a little kid throwing a tantrum!

Sorry, it doens't work that way people! Ugh
Old 10-26-2011, 03:57 PM
Verified Juanette

Quote:

Just my opinion.

Mel

100% agree with you,i think even if LE met all their "needs" they still wouldn't answer questions.

Jodi Ann Arias - GUILTY 1st Degree Murder
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to josie1986 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2011, 05:19 PM
Ive got splinters..in the windmills of my mind......

Quote:

Just my opinion.

Mel

Gah, I resent that. I'm sick of people blaming trained professionals because they can't control things. I totally agree with you and I've thought this from the beginning.
Anyone who behaves the way, they have, can blame themselves for the way things are going.
I'm sure the detectives would like a different case too.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:04 PM
Better Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosepetal1065 View Post
Gah, I resent that. I'm sick of people blaming trained professionals because they can't control things. I totally agree with you and I've thought this from the beginning.
Anyone who behaves the way, they have, can blame themselves for the way things are going.
I'm sure the detectives would like a different case too.

ITA. These two unusual individuals have wasted precious time. They have squandered any empathy I could have spared for them. I have seen and heard too much nonsense to ever believe they are innocent in the disappearance of this baby.
Old 10-26-2011, 03:47 PM
Inactive

Whiskey
Tango
Foxtrot

Methinks the lady doth protest too much........
Old 10-26-2011, 03:52 PM
The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience

Uhhhh...people in "h e double hockey sticks" want ice water too. There are times when LE is interrogating someone and they hit a little too close to home. They have someone's number, so to speak. That becomes very uncomfortable...but only to the guilty. JMOO