Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Current Events > News that makes you smile!

Notices

News that makes you smile! Need a bit of Good news? This is the place for it.

Old 03-15-2012, 09:24 AM

Texas Baby Missing for 8 Years Found, Will Go Home

Quote:
A Texas infant who vanished eight years ago will be reunited with his mother after police arrested his former baby sitter who is accused of kidnapping him, authorities said Wednesday.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/t...1#.T2HiaWKXSFw

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to SurfieTX For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2012, 09:42 AM

I don't understand why this child's case was closed and his name removed from missing children's lists, if he wasn't ever found. Major ball dropping, here.
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to BD1 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2012, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD1 View Post
I don't understand why this child's case was closed and his name removed from missing children's lists, if he wasn't ever found. Major ball dropping, here.
I agree, MAJOR ball-dropping. They couldn't locate the babysitter, and basically gave up and took her name off the to-do list. And there she was, living with relatives neglecting and abusing the child.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JeannaT For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2012, 12:04 PM
Shes home.

WOW. Thank you god for bringing this baby back to his mother. Happy tears. Thoughts and prayers to this mother and child as they have a lot to recover!!
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Cortne For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2012, 12:27 PM
Verified Juanette

I HOPE they bring in a good family counselor for them. The mother has 5 children at home and now a 'new' older brother is going to come onboard. And he is going to have some issues, most likely. I really hope they can get some family support to help them with this reunification process.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
I HOPE they bring in a good family counselor for them. The mother has 5 children at home and now a 'new' older brother is going to come onboard. And he is going to have some issues, most likely. I really hope they can get some family support to help them with this reunification process.
Does she have any of her other children at home?

"During the hearing, there was a brief discussion that a different Houston family has come forward to say they are raising the couple's four other children and have for eight years."
http://www.chron.com/news/houston-te...-s-3423859.php
Old 03-22-2012, 01:57 AM

Another article names the couple who is raising all 4 of this woman's other children.

"They live with another couple, Juanita and Joseph Aguillard. The Aguillards say Champion Morin gave her children to them years ago, because she couldn’t handle them. The Aguillards are now the kids’ legal guardians."
http://www.khou.com/news/DNA-test-co...143677846.html
Old 03-22-2012, 02:00 AM

Couple describe how they got the kids.

""They didn’t stay for a week before she called us back and said, ‘We can’t handle them. Can you come get them?’ We did that. They have been with us for eight years now," Juanita Aguillard said."
http://www.khou.com/news/Family-rais...143600436.html
Old 03-16-2012, 01:09 PM
Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light

BD1, I agree. Very sad that he was allowed to remain with this woman much longer than he was, probably because of that case being closed.

I'm so glad he was found, and hopefully young enough to get treatment and recover whatever he may have gone through.

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hopeful One For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2012, 07:57 AM
Verified Aquaculturalist

What the heck? How can someone just give away her kids? What about the father?

I hate when this happens.

"Life is life's greatest gift. Guard the life of another creature as you would your own because it is your own. On life's scale of values, the smallest is no less precious to the creature who owns it than the largest..." Lloyd Biggle, Jr.

Let's bring Michelle Parker home: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ichelle+parker

All statements made by me are based on my opinion.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Reality Orlando For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2012, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality Orlando View Post
What the heck? How can someone just give away her kids? What about the father?
It appears both of them gave the other 4 kids away. I am not sure now if this one was ever kidnapped either.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:12 AM
Lifetime WS Non-Mod

I posted this in the other thread on this child...not really news that makes me smile now that we know a little more about the situation.

Quote:
DNA test shows man biological father of kidnapped boy, 99.99 match. The mother, Auboni Champion-Morin, took the test on Wednesday, according to KTRK.
Champion-Morin's DNA test result should be known before a hearing on March 28.

Court testimony showed Champion-Morin has had five other children, one of which has died. The other four live with an acquaintance, according to KTRK.

full story at link http://www.ktre.com/story/17213415/d...-kidnapped-boy

This poor sweet boy, at this point I'm thinking he is best served by staying in foster care and hopefully being adopted after parental rights are terminated, which is exactly what I hope happens here. WTH has 4 children all living with an acquaintance and expects her kidnapped son to be returned to her?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to momtective For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2012, 11:45 PM
Verified Attorney

I thought something was weird with this. I saw an interview with the mom and she seemed shifty-eyed. I wanted to post my suspicions but I couldn't find that particular interview again. The others I saw did not reveal what I felt was odd-behavior on the mom's part.
I also thought her explanation of the case being closed was odd and that they refused to do a DNA test after she had her baby. She was asked if she demanded one and her answer seemed a bit evasive.
Old 03-25-2012, 03:27 PM
A diamond in process

It makes me wonder if the "babysitter" was really guilty of kidnapping. Or was she actually caring for the child for the parents and lost contact with them. So when she moved, she couldn't reach them. Or was she caring for the boy and concerned about his care with the parents, and took him and ran to protect him.

That wouldn't be the "proper" or even the wisest way to handle it I agree. But I couldn't fault her for her instincts.

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight