Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Current Events > Crimes in the News

Notices

Crimes in the News Read and comment about current crimes committed. Remember the copyright laws when posting news stories!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-14-2005, 04:40 PM
Michelle Read Michelle Read is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 136
Driver charged with first degree murder in traffic deaths

I wouldn't normally post local news here... if we all did, this site would be overun with stories. But I am interested to hear how others feel about this man being charged with first degree murder in these traffic deaths. This accident happened right behind my house and it was HORRIBLE! I think if more people were charged with crimes for road rage/reckless driving that it certainly would cut down the fatality rates!

First degree is a little harsh, but this man has a history of road rage. Two innocent men were killed because of his stupidity! It could have been me or you for that matter driving home that evening.


http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...39/detail.html
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-14-2005, 04:45 PM
T'sNana T'sNana is offline
Nana Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,386
How terribly sad!! I think he should be charged with something...maybe 2nd degree? I sure don't know, but, IMO, this behavior has to be stopped!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle Read
I wouldn't normally post local news here... if we all did, this site would be overun with stories. But I am interested to hear how others feel about this man being charged with first degree murder in these traffic deaths. This accident happened right behind my house and it was HORRIBLE! I think if more people were charged with crimes for road rage/reckless driving that it certainly would cut down the fatality rates!

First degree is a little harsh, but this man has a history of road rage. Two innocent men were killed because of his stupidity! It could have been me or you for that matter driving home that evening.


http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...39/detail.html
__________________


I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-14-2005, 04:49 PM
Casshew Casshew is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: In heels
Posts: 28,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle Read

First degree is a little harsh,
I don't think so at all. He was using his vehicle as a weapon and he was purposely overtaking, cutting off the victim and slamming on his brakes.

He murdered that man.

Maybe on the second death I would go involuntary manslaughter - because he did not know his victims truck would end up on top of another car.

I hope he rots in jail for the lives and families he destroyed.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-14-2005, 04:52 PM
Jules Jules is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 9,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshew
I don't think so at all. He was using his vehicle as a weapon and he was purposely overtaking, cutting off the victim and slamming on his brakes.

He murdered that man.

Maybe on the second death I would go involuntary manslaughter - because he did not know his victims truck would end up on top of another car.

I hope he rots in jail for the lives and families he destroyed.
I agree with this as well. He used his vehicle as a weapon. He needs to face the consequences.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-14-2005, 05:05 PM
Details Details is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,630
First degree sounds good to me - he knew he was causing an accident. He needs to go away, and not come back for a very long time.

He didn't even care about what he had done - right after, he was completely indifferent to the people he had killed - that says it all. This one isn't going to learn, he hasn't through several other incidents, and if this didn't affect him, he's beyond salvage.

But you know in court he's going to play oh so sad and miserable and pitiful
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-14-2005, 06:35 PM
Cypros Cypros is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 3,660
Sounds like a good call to me. This man is a danger to everyone as long as he is out on the roads. He obviously has a problem -- perhaps he is insecure or feels inadequate and intimidating people on the highway makes him feel superior. Whatever it was, he killed two innocent people. I think life in prison is appropriate.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-14-2005, 06:57 PM
SadieMae SadieMae is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 4,519
Whatever he is charged with prison time is needed. He has a SERIOUS anger problem. It's a wonder no one was injured in his other road rage incidents. He knew nothing about these people and intentionally wanted to cause them harm. A vehicle with children could have been killed for gosh sakes all because he can't control his temper! He has no business being out with the rest of us.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-15-2005, 01:58 PM
cheko1 cheko1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 5,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshew
I don't think so at all. He was using his vehicle as a weapon and he was purposely overtaking, cutting off the victim and slamming on his brakes.

He murdered that man.

Maybe on the second death I would go involuntary manslaughter - because he did not know his victims truck would end up on top of another car.

I hope he rots in jail for the lives and families he destroyed.

I agree with Cass.......he murdered the man on purpose.
Society needs to take a stand on these nuts & put them away where they belong!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-01-2006, 05:44 PM
Michelle Read Michelle Read is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 136
Judge orders murder trial in road rage killings

http://www.9news.com/acm_news.aspx?O...7-c589c01ca7bf
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-01-2006, 06:22 PM
mssheila mssheila is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 1,579
It's interesting. What should happen is 2nd degree, how could they prove that his intent was to murder? I don't disagree with him being charged with murder, but I think 2nd degree might even be a reach.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-01-2006, 06:42 PM
docwho3 docwho3 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,621
yes

I think that the charges are appropriate given the mans history and the circumstances of the incident as listed. Someone needs to be the example for the others who do road rage. Maybe we need a 3 strikes law about road rage incidents because this case shows that without it we will have people skating right through those revolving doors of justice until someone innocent dies.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-15-2005, 02:08 AM
SewingDeb's Avatar
SewingDeb SewingDeb is offline
"Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 9,080
I think first degree fits since he has a history of using his vehicle as a weapon and showed no emotion and especially no remorse while standing 100 feet from the wrecked vehicles and the deceased.

Society does not need people like that roaming around free.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-15-2005, 08:19 AM
less0305's Avatar
less0305 less0305 is offline
The face is familiar, but I can't quite remember my name!
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 4,245
I know you can't tell everything by a picture, but if you looked at his mug shot you could absolutely see pure evil in this man. He looked as if he were inconvienced by it all and absolutely hated the world!!!!

How tragic!!!
__________________
It's my own two cents. You don't have to read or like it.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-15-2005, 01:36 PM
Sherry67 Sherry67 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 59
I absolutely think this jerk deserves everything he gets. I've had incredibly impatient driver's behind me too. Just the other day I was behind a red car at a red light - the light then turned green and we started going...and this car ahead of me is going real slow...I mean like 15 MPH...at first I thought they weren't paying attention to the light or were just real slowly excelerating....but he kept doing that...after a little while when there was nothing in the L lane, I got around this guy and noticed it was an (believe it or not) elderly man. I thought to myself...oh, he's older, that's the reason . Anyway I'm going along and doesn't this old guy come flying up next to me (I'm still in the L lane) and passes me on the right, and I saw him look real intentional at me to get my attention - and then switches to the L lane and slows down immediately.....Well, I figured out pretty quick that he must be senile or some other whack-job, so I just backed off real quick ( I didn't need him following me home - or running me off the highway we were about to go on). He zig-zagged in an out of traffic and then turned off on a side road. His zig-zagging made no sense....it was clearly done because he was pissed - off or to irritate other driver's.
What a crazy nut....and I always sit and wonder...Gee, what did I do? I mean, I wasn't rude to him when I passed him after that first light....he was just taking forever..... and I needed to get going -I think he may have been intentionally driving slow to challenge me.

what a wacko...it was kind scary.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-02-2006, 10:42 AM
PrayersForMaura's Avatar
PrayersForMaura PrayersForMaura is offline
Help Find Maura Murray
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Midwest
Posts: 14,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry67
I absolutely think this jerk deserves everything he gets. I've had incredibly impatient driver's behind me too. Just the other day I was behind a red car at a red light - the light then turned green and we started going...and this car ahead of me is going real slow...I mean like 15 MPH...at first I thought they weren't paying attention to the light or were just real slowly excelerating....but he kept doing that...after a little while when there was nothing in the L lane, I got around this guy and noticed it was an (believe it or not) elderly man. I thought to myself...oh, he's older, that's the reason . Anyway I'm going along and doesn't this old guy come flying up next to me (I'm still in the L lane) and passes me on the right, and I saw him look real intentional at me to get my attention - and then switches to the L lane and slows down immediately.....Well, I figured out pretty quick that he must be senile or some other whack-job, so I just backed off real quick ( I didn't need him following me home - or running me off the highway we were about to go on). He zig-zagged in an out of traffic and then turned off on a side road. His zig-zagging made no sense....it was clearly done because he was pissed - off or to irritate other driver's.
What a crazy nut....and I always sit and wonder...Gee, what did I do? I mean, I wasn't rude to him when I passed him after that first light....he was just taking forever..... and I needed to get going -I think he may have been intentionally driving slow to challenge me.

what a wacko...it was kind scary.
Oh my, almost the same thing happened to my boyfriend the other day. Some old man followed him down the highway raising his fist in the air. But he had cut my boyfriend off without looking and didn't use a signal and almost caused a wreck so my boyfriend honked and that really pissed him off. The guy was a weirdo.

I always tell my boyfriend don't even honk. You never know who you are dealing with in the other car.

This accident posted on this thread is terrible. The pictures of that guy just look like he is mean. And the cars ... they are mangled!
He deserves to stay in prison for this.
__________________
Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-02-2006, 11:22 AM
Floh Floh is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,845
I know it probably wouldn't have stopped him driving, but why on earth wasn't this man's licence revoked permanently years ago?

at least he could have been imprisoned the next time a so-called 'road rage' incident occurred.

i agree with PrayersForMaura -- don't even honk at a person who peeves you out there because you really never know what their anger may do.

i avoid confrotation in cars at all costs because, well, it may end up in disaster. i'm not a slow driver and most times, when being ridiculously tailgated (a pastime most eagerly persued in Germany), i pull over at a convenient spot and let them pass cos i'm simply not interested in seeing who would come off best if there were an accident.

as for the man in this story?

throw the book at him and put him away for years and years and years and never allow him to drive again.

and it's time to get tough with all lethal drivers. i back off calling it road rage because i think the phrase softens the ruinous act.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-12-2006, 09:02 AM
southcitymom's Avatar
southcitymom southcitymom is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 16,397
Quote:
Originally Posted by less0305
I know you can't tell everything by a picture, but if you looked at his mug shot you could absolutely see pure evil in this man. He looked as if he were inconvienced by it all and absolutely hated the world!!!!

How tragic!!!
I don't see pure evil; I see pure pain.

In any event, I think he deserves the charge. It is not such a stretch to think something like this would have happened eventually given his history for bullying people with a vehicle (by definition, a deadly weapon, if used agressively).
__________________
I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-12-2006, 01:19 PM
Amraann Amraann is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 9,813
I see evil.

And the police said even though he was only 100 feet from the bodies he was not concerned or upset by what he had caused.
I also imagine that driving was not the only area in his life where he had anger issues.
I am sure that many will be spared his anger while he is in prison.
They were seeking the DP. I wonder if they got it?

I hope so. This guy is guilty of pre-medatated murder.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-12-2006, 03:24 PM
madgallico madgallico is offline
Inactive
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Colorado
Posts: 113
http://www.zwire.com/site/tab1.cfm?n...d=559183&rfi=6
09/21/2006
A Parker man charged with two counts of first-degree murder pleaded not guilty last week and will face trial in January.

Jason Reynolds, 32, pleaded not guilty to charges of first-degree murder with extreme indifference among others during an arraignment hearing Aug. 10. Arapahoe District Court Judge Marilyn Antrim scheduled a jury trial for Reynolds starting at 9 a.m. Jan. 16 at the Arapahoe County Courthouse in Englewood. Antrim also scheduled a daylong motions hearing for 8:30 a.m. Sept. 20.

Reynolds faces life imprisonment for the first-degree murder charges and up to six years in prison for each of two counts of vehicular homicide caused by reckless driving. The charges also include two counts of violent crime causing death, which are sentence enhancers that require prison time if he is convicted.


I saw him on the news & he even walked around with an attitude.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:27 AM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!