Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Forum Information & Esoterica > Forum Finesse

Notices

Forum Finesse Technical tips, tutorials and troubleshooting for those days when the inability to login or add an image to your signature leaves you frustrated.

Old 01-10-2006, 11:48 PM

Weird PM that I didn't open...

I got my 1st private message and the title is weird. It says "babes in the woods." So, I'm thinking no way I am going to open this... It's still unread. Anyone else know what this is about or get something with that title?
Old 01-11-2006, 12:11 AM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthrobones
I got my 1st private message and the title is weird. It says "babes in the woods." So, I'm thinking no way I am going to open this... It's still unread. Anyone else know what this is about or get something with that title?
No, but I don't think a PM is anything to be afraid of. It's not like opening a spam email and getting a virus.

If you find it offensive, you can either ignore it or report it to a mod. Chances are it is someone wanted to get your opinion on something he/she posted or a reply to a post of yours.

I would be way to curious not to open it !
Old 01-11-2006, 12:16 AM

Ok. It's just odd because the person who sent it has never made any post. And "babes in the woods" sounds like an odd title. I just assumed that it was some perv.
Old 01-11-2006, 01:19 AM
A diamond in process

Mystery solved

'Babes in the woods' is what this case is sometimes called. And you started the thread which is why someone PM'd you.

2 Unidentified Young Male Children. Canada. 1953
http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34417

The murders remain unsolved, although a retired Vancouver police investigator has a theory as to who killed the children, known as the Babes in the Woods.
http://www.vancourier.com/issues03/0...082103nn9.html

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight
Old 01-11-2006, 05:27 AM
Former member

The retired police officer who investigated this case has joined Websleuths.... I'm guessing it was him.

Go to the thread Mysteriew pointed out and you'll see the information.
Old 01-11-2006, 01:07 PM
A diamond in process

Bump.

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight