Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Trials > Recently Sentenced and Beyond > Brianna Denison

Notices


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-06-2008, 01:14 PM
SeriouslySearching's Avatar
SeriouslySearching SeriouslySearching is offline
always. SS~
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 33,454
Brianna Denison 19yo Reno NV #8

New thread!
__________________
"WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.



What I post are my opinions only.
  #2  
Old 03-06-2008, 01:18 PM
SeriouslySearching's Avatar
SeriouslySearching SeriouslySearching is offline
always. SS~
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 33,454
I don't know how Craigslist's Reno people are getting their information...but it seems they have a lot to say. I think it is interesting that a Reno Rant page on CL could be at all accurate...but I guess you never know who is on there.

I am anxious to see if anything they have mentioned will come out as close to being correct. If so, we may need to pay more attention to those people. Hmmm...never thought I would say that. LOL
__________________
"WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.



What I post are my opinions only.
  #3  
Old 03-06-2008, 01:22 PM
strach304's Avatar
strach304 strach304 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 5,606
Could someone post the link for the live press conference please? I went to the city of Reno one and can't find anything there for it.
  #4  
Old 03-06-2008, 01:30 PM
philamena philamena is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 7,940
Don't know if it will show the presser live but it has frequent updates.
http://www.cityofreno.com/Index.aspx?page=1421


Breaking story, another female college student found murdered. LE saying the perp probably has her car. This is NOT the young woman who's car was found on fire.
WHAT is going on???
  #5  
Old 03-06-2008, 01:35 PM
strach304's Avatar
strach304 strach304 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 5,606
Thanks Philamena I don't see anything on there for a live feed nor Fox. I'll be here waiting for those who can see it to update.
  #6  
Old 03-06-2008, 01:36 PM
Leila's Avatar
Leila Leila is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Southern California
Posts: 12,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by strach304 View Post
Thanks Philamena I don't see anything on there for a live feed nor Fox. I'll be here waiting for those who can see it to update.
Fox is covering the explosion in Times Square.
  #7  
Old 03-06-2008, 01:39 PM
philamena philamena is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 7,940
Quote:
Originally Posted by strach304 View Post
Thanks Philamena I don't see anything on there for a live feed nor Fox. I'll be here waiting for those who can see it to update.
strach,
You're welcome.
I'm sitting on pins and needles here.
  #8  
Old 03-06-2008, 01:41 PM
CarrieOhKee CarrieOhKee is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2
http://www.krnv.com/Global/story.asp?S=7975639
  #9  
Old 03-06-2008, 01:46 PM
SeriouslySearching's Avatar
SeriouslySearching SeriouslySearching is offline
always. SS~
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 33,454
There wasn't anything new that I heard, if that was it! GRRRR!
__________________
"WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.



What I post are my opinions only.
  #10  
Old 03-06-2008, 01:49 PM
GR987 GR987 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
There wasn't anything new that I heard, if that was it! GRRRR!
Hey, maybe it started an hour ago and we missed them discussing the fact that this POS was severely beaten under their custody?
  #11  
Old 03-06-2008, 01:57 PM
Rolex Rolex is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Biggest Little City in the World
Posts: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by GR987 View Post
Hey, maybe it started an hour ago and we missed them discussing the fact that this POS was severely beaten under their custody?

It has not started yet..
  #12  
Old 03-06-2008, 02:05 PM
GR987 GR987 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolex View Post
It has not started yet..
What was that that we all sat through with very low audio?
  #13  
Old 03-06-2008, 02:09 PM
Rolex Rolex is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Biggest Little City in the World
Posts: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by GR987 View Post
What was that that we all sat through with very low audio?
I'm at work so I guess I missed it.
  #14  
Old 03-06-2008, 01:48 PM
philamena philamena is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 7,940
It's over.
CarrieOhKee,
THANKS for the link. That was extremely short--or maybe I missed most of it.

The spokeswoman said that at one time they had 2 pair of underwear.
Be on the lookout and report anything that seems suspicious.
Nothing new really.
  #15  
Old 03-06-2008, 02:01 PM
philamena philamena is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 7,940
This is the link to the case I mentioned above about the UNC Student President who was shot to death yesterday.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,335708,00.html
  #16  
Old 03-06-2008, 02:21 PM
aj1020 aj1020 is offline
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 703
This confuses me:

Quote:
Reno Police Detective Commander Leigha Struffert said laboratory analysis has confirmed the pink women's underwear contain the DNA of the murder suspect, Brianna Denison and the owner of the underwear who was a resident of the Mackay Court residence from which Denison was abducted on January 20.
So the pink undies had Brianna's DNA, and the suspect's DNA, plus the DNA of the owner who was someone who lived at the house Brianna was taken from?? I'm confused about this - would Brianna borrow undies (that seems unlikely) or did the perp take some dirty ones from the house?? The logistics of that seem unlikely in the sense that I've always thought it was a quick abduction. This case keeps getting more and more bizarre.
  #17  
Old 03-06-2008, 08:47 PM
guestwriter guestwriter is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 50
What if?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj1020 View Post
This confuses me:



So the pink undies had Brianna's DNA, and the suspect's DNA, plus the DNA of the owner who was someone who lived at the house Brianna was taken from?? I'm confused about this - would Brianna borrow undies (that seems unlikely) or did the perp take some dirty ones from the house?? The logistics of that seem unlikely in the sense that I've always thought it was a quick abduction. This case keeps getting more and more bizarre.
My first inclination when this happened was "This is ridiculous"..as though Brianna may have recognized this fella....and I felt one of the girls knew something but didn't know she knew. What if one of the girls in the apt where Brianna was staying that night had sex with the perp in the past and he was coming back for her and stumbled onto Brianna instead....and kept her underwear or went back to the apt at some point and took it....
  #18  
Old 03-06-2008, 08:49 PM
philamena philamena is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 7,940
Quote:
Originally Posted by guestwriter View Post
My first inclination when this happened was "This is ridiculous"..as though Brianna may have recognized this fella....and I felt one of the girls knew something but didn't know she knew. What if one of the girls in the apt where Brianna was staying that night had sex with the perp in the past and he was coming back for her and stumbled onto Brianna instead....and kept her underwear or went back to the apt at some point and took it....
That could have happened. Something was going on previously if 3 people's DNA is on the UW.
  #19  
Old 03-07-2008, 09:13 AM
10EC_Dad 10EC_Dad is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by guestwriter View Post
My first inclination when this happened was "This is ridiculous"..as though Brianna may have recognized this fella....and I felt one of the girls knew something but didn't know she knew. What if one of the girls in the apt where Brianna was staying that night had sex with the perp in the past and he was coming back for her and stumbled onto Brianna instead....and kept her underwear or went back to the apt at some point and took it....
If this case was isolated, perhaps. I have a hard time following that theory when placed in context with the other attacks.
  #20  
Old 03-06-2008, 02:25 PM
SeriouslySearching's Avatar
SeriouslySearching SeriouslySearching is offline
always. SS~
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 33,454
Struffert says the evidence found in the field where Denison's body was discovered last month is critical to the investigation. Police believe both pairs may have been taken from the home where Denison last was seen when she was abducted Jan. 20 on the edge of the campus of the University of Nevada, Reno.

http://www.kolotv.com/news/headlines/16341236.html

This is very curious to me. If the women were locked into the bedroom asleep...obviously, that leaves the other female and two male roomates' rooms empty...but I rather thought they were locked, too. I don't see the girls leaving their worn underwear laying around in the common area, but I guess they could have a laundry room or similar near the kitchen where a laundry basket could have been.

They must have already inquired with the roomates as to the origin of the PP thong? If someone in that home owned the PP thong, they would know. If one of the males' had a possible lover that owned/left them, they would know.

Also, incorrectly...They stated that:
RENO, Nev. (AP) - Reno police say a second pair of women's panties found with Brianna Denison's body had DNA belonging to her, a woman who lived with her and the serial rapist they believe strangled the 19-year-old college student.

It is common knowledge that Brianna did not live there. This indicates the new pair they are talking about has their DNA on it...but not the PP thong.

Being intertwined, it does sound more like he used them to strangle her.
__________________
"WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.



What I post are my opinions only.
  #21  
Old 03-06-2008, 02:28 PM
10EC_Dad 10EC_Dad is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
Struffert says the evidence found in the field where Denison's body was discovered last month is critical to the investigation. Police believe both pairs may have been taken from the home where Denison last was seen when she was abducted Jan. 20 on the edge of the campus of the University of Nevada, Reno.

http://www.kolotv.com/news/headlines/16341236.html

This is very curious to me. If the women were locked into the bedroom asleep...obviously, that leaves the other female and two male roomates' rooms empty...but I rather thought they were locked, too. I don't see the girls leaving their worn underwear laying around in the common area, but I guess they could have a laundry room or similar near the kitchen where a laundry basket could have been.
I didn't see that before. If the PP thong came from that apartment, whose DNA is on there?
  #22  
Old 03-06-2008, 02:28 PM
aj1020 aj1020 is offline
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 703
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
Struffert says the evidence found in the field where Denison's body was discovered last month is critical to the investigation. Police believe both pairs may have been taken from the home where Denison last was seen when she was abducted Jan. 20 on the edge of the campus of the University of Nevada, Reno.

http://www.kolotv.com/news/headlines/16341236.html

This is very curious to me. If the women were locked into the bedroom asleep...obviously, that leaves the other female and two male roomates' rooms empty...but I rather thought they were locked, too. I don't see the girls leaving their worn underwear laying around in the common area, but I guess they could have a laundry room or similar near the kitchen where a laundry basket could have been.
I'm with you - this sounds too complicated/time consuming to me. But maybe the perp has an underwear fetish. I would think they would have had to come from a laundry room or some dirty clothes area rather than from KT's room and I doubt they were just hanging out on the living room floor. I thought there were 2 girls and 2 guys living on in the house and the other girl was also out of town that weekend (I could be dreaming, it's been a while ago I read that) - maybe they came from the other girls bedroom??
  #23  
Old 03-06-2008, 02:30 PM
10EC_Dad 10EC_Dad is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj1020 View Post
I'm with you - this sounds too complicated/time consuming to me. But maybe the perp has an underwear fetish. I would think they would have had to come from a laundry room or some dirty clothes area rather than from KT's room and I doubt they were just hanging out on the living room floor. I thought there were 2 girls and 2 guys living on in the house and the other girl was also out of town that weekend (I could be dreaming, it's been a while ago I read that) - maybe they came from the other girls bedroom??
Remember that the DNA on the thong were from an unknown male and unknown female.
  #24  
Old 03-06-2008, 02:35 PM
aj1020 aj1020 is offline
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 703
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10EC_Dad View Post
Remember that the DNA on the thong were from an unknown male and unknown female.
That was the BLACK pink panther thong with 2 unknown DNA samples on it.

I'm talking about the PINK underwear. The one that came from the house Brianna was staying at. Those ones had the perp's DNA, Brianna's DNA, and a 3rd DNA belonging the the owner of the thong, who was a resident of the house Brianna was taken from.
  #25  
Old 03-06-2008, 02:37 PM
10EC_Dad 10EC_Dad is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj1020 View Post
That was the BLACK pink panther thong with 2 unknown DNA samples on it.

I'm talking about the PINK thong. The one that came from the house Brianna was staying at. Those ones had the perp's DNA, Brianna's DNA, and a 3rd DNA belonging the the owner of the thong, who was a resident of the house Brianna was taken from.
According to the link the SS provided, LE think that BOTH pieces of underwear came from that apartment.

Has LE said the pink UW was a thong?
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:26 PM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!