Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Missing but not forgotten Discussion > 2000's Missing

Notices

2000's Missing Persons missing between 2000-2009


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-30-2004, 04:40 AM
Doyle Doyle is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 870
VT - Brianna Maitland, 17, Montgomery, 19 March 2004

Another young woman has turned up missing after a car accident on a dark, rural highway - this time in Vermont.

Brianna Maitland, 17, of Sheldon, Vt., has disappeared after being involved in a one-car accident late at night on the East Berkshire Road in northern Vermont.
http://www.caledonianrecord.com/page...tory/af2eddba5
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Doyle For This Useful Post:
  #2  
Old 03-30-2004, 07:28 AM
dannyodie dannyodie is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: nashville, tennessee
Posts: 937
sounds like a similar incident when christa rolinger disappeared after wrecking hers dads car. thank god that christa is safe at home. lets all pray that this young lady is ok and is just scared to come home.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dannyodie For This Useful Post:
  #3  
Old 03-30-2004, 11:32 AM
Hammerized Hammerized is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Northeast USA
Posts: 554
I hope we hear more about the woman's jacket & wallet that were found near the scene. Is that woman missing as well? I want to know.
__________________
Making no mistakes is what establishes the certainty of victory, for it means conquering an enemy that is already defeated. -Sun Tzu
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-30-2004, 04:15 PM
Megan Megan is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerized
I hope we hear more about the woman's jacket & wallet that were found near the scene. Is that woman missing as well? I want to know.
I was just going to say the same thing---of the girl who was supposed to be working at a local ski resort, from out of town/country. Sad.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-02-2004, 04:28 AM
Doyle Doyle is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 870
A forensics team from the Vermont State Police lab in Waterbury began poring over a missing teenager's car Tuesday to obtain possible evidence, including whether foul play may have been involved in her disappearance.
http://www.caledonianrecord.com/page...tory/79e54f6d5
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Doyle For This Useful Post:
  #6  
Old 04-09-2004, 11:47 AM
Megan Megan is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 25
police have ruled out a connection between Briana & Maura's cases....
http://www.caledonianrecord.com/page...tory/f5358f0b5
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Megan For This Useful Post:
  #7  
Old 10-26-2007, 08:27 PM
Littledeer Littledeer is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,841
How sad that Bri still has not been found. Just spent the last hour or two reading from the beginning on Bri being missing. So many lost chances. Seems to me that the LE is just not doing their job on this one. Is there a lot of crime cases there that are keeping them occupied so that other cases become "cold" ??

Does anyone know if someone ever interviewed the female in prison on her information that was given to her sister??
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-26-2007, 09:52 PM
dark_shadows dark_shadows is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Vermont
Posts: 6,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littledeer View Post
Does anyone know if someone ever interviewed the female in prison on her information that was given to her sister??
To my dearest Littledeer,
I have known both women, their family and ones involved in Ligia's case for many many years. Ellen (Ligia Collin's killer) was in and out of jail prior to Brianna's disapperance.
One of the men that was involved in Ligia Collin's death was convicted in the death of a teen in the 80's. Another committed suicide prior to being captured in Ligia's case. (Moses Robar, Ellen's boyfriend)
Ellen's sister came forward about Brianna when her son was arrested in her home. Ellen's sister has been in and out of jail also.

Respectfuly,
dark_shadows
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-26-2007, 10:15 PM
White Rain's Avatar
White Rain White Rain is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: heaven bound
Posts: 4,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_shadows View Post
To my dearest Littledeer,
I have known both women, their family and ones involved in Ligia's case for many many years. Ellen (Ligia Collin's killer) was in and out of jail prior to Brianna's disapperance.
One of the men that was involved in Ligia Collin's death was convicted in the death of a teen in the 80's. Another committed suicide prior to being captured in Ligia's case. (Moses Robar, Ellen's boyfriend)
Ellen's sister came forward about Brianna when her son was arrested in her home. Ellen's sister has been in and out of jail also.

Respectfuly,
dark_shadows

Also lets' rememebr Maura Murray as well...I have always flet undecided as to NMaura's case....at first I believed she went away on her own (as I often wish I could) but as the more and more I read, it seems something is not quite on the up and up...
As for Brianna's case...I feel close to this as only b/c I have a Brianna (a Briana) in my case, but still....that pic of her car backed into the Dutchburn place sent CHILLS thru me, can't explain it....
but regardless of these two girls cases, I know 100% absolutly NOTHING of Ligia Collins...I have actually NEVER heard of her....
am off to research all 3 now, and many prayers for all.....
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-26-2007, 10:30 PM
dark_shadows dark_shadows is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Vermont
Posts: 6,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Rain View Post
Also lets' rememebr Maura Murray as well...I have always flet undecided as to NMaura's case....at first I believed she went away on her own (as I often wish I could) but as the more and more I read, it seems something is not quite on the up and up...
As for Brianna's case...I feel close to this as only b/c I have a Brianna (a Briana) in my case, but still....that pic of her car backed into the Dutchburn place sent CHILLS thru me, can't explain it....
but regardless of these two girls cases, I know 100% absolutly NOTHING of Ligia Collins...I have actually NEVER heard of her....
am off to research all 3 now, and many prayers for all.....
Hello my very dearest White Rain,
Ligia Collins was a woman who was listed as a missing person here in Vermont. (Burlington ) She was later found murdered. Ellen is incarcerated for her murder, Moses committed suicide and Crews is incarcerated for helping dispose of Ligia's body.
Ellen's sister stated that Ellen murdered Brianna and had her body in a home that Ellen once lived in.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-26-2007, 10:39 PM
concernedperson concernedperson is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 14,939
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_shadows View Post
Hello my very dearest White Rain,
Ligia Collins was a woman who was listed as a missing person here in Vermont. (Burlington ) She was later found murdered. Ellen is incarcerated for her murder, Moses committed suicide and Crews is incarcerated for helping dispose of Ligia's body.
Ellen's sister stated that Ellen murdered Brianna and had her body in a home that Ellen once lived in.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows
Then this case is moving forward. Seems like there are a lot of clues.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-27-2007, 10:18 AM
Littledeer Littledeer is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,841
DS:

Do you know where the house that Ellen lived at is located? Is is near Montgomery Center where the pair of jeans was just discovered? Can you do a radius from where Brianna's car was found at to where the jeans were located at and see if there is anything in that area that might trigger a location to where Bri might have been taken to?? It appears that you live nearby since you mentioned having been to the cafe many times where Bri worked at?? (recalling from memory, if I am mistaken, forgive me).
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-27-2007, 02:05 PM
dark_shadows dark_shadows is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Vermont
Posts: 6,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littledeer View Post
DS:

Do you know where the house that Ellen lived at is located? Is is near Montgomery Center where the pair of jeans was just discovered? Can you do a radius from where Brianna's car was found at to where the jeans were located at and see if there is anything in that area that might trigger a location to where Bri might have been taken to?? It appears that you live nearby since you mentioned having been to the cafe many times where Bri worked at?? (recalling from memory, if I am mistaken, forgive me).
To my dearest Littledeer,
Apparently Ellen was staying at a farmhouse in Berkshire prior to moving to Burlington.
In April of 2004 about a week after Brianna's disappearance, the pig farm house (Reservior road) was raided due to a tip of Brianna being in the basement.
Ramon Ryans and 3 others were arrested. Drugs, money, weaponry and other items were found.
One of the ones arrested was a 17-year-old female.
A few months after this, Ligia Collins was listed as a missing person. (July 5th) Her live-in boyfriend Ramon Ryans called police to report that she had not returned to their apartment in Burlington.
Well the 17-year-old was babysitting for Ligia for 2 days on July 2nd thru July 3rd.

In March of 2006, Ellen's sister Debbie stated to police during her son's arrest that Ellen told her about Brianna's killing and that Ellen's boyfriend Moses helped and that is why he took his own life in the Collin's case.

Ryan's left Vermont days after Robar's suicide and he was listed as a wanted person here (because of the raid in Berkshire). He was captured in NYC in May of 2005.
Ryan's took a polygraph test in regards to Brianna's disappearence and the results were inconclusive.

Brianna was living in Sheldon with a friend at the time she went missing. She was not living with her parents.

Black Lantern is in Montgomery and KJ's is here in St. Albans. (Years ago that diner was Uncle Sam's before it was renamed KJ's)

All of the above places are in Franklin County, here is a map;



Much Love and Respect to you,
dark_shadows
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-25-2008, 06:15 AM
MeoW333's Avatar
MeoW333 MeoW333 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_shadows View Post
To my dearest Littledeer,
Apparently Ellen was staying at a farmhouse in Berkshire prior to moving to Burlington.
In April of 2004 about a week after Brianna's disappearance, the pig farm house (Reservior road) was raided due to a tip of Brianna being in the basement.
Ramon Ryans and 3 others were arrested. Drugs, money, weaponry and other items were found.
One of the ones arrested was a 17-year-old female.
A few months after this, Ligia Collins was listed as a missing person. (July 5th) Her live-in boyfriend Ramon Ryans called police to report that she had not returned to their apartment in Burlington.
Well the 17-year-old was babysitting for Ligia for 2 days on July 2nd thru July 3rd.

In March of 2006, Ellen's sister Debbie stated to police during her son's arrest that Ellen told her about Brianna's killing and that Ellen's boyfriend Moses helped and that is why he took his own life in the Collin's case.

Ryan's left Vermont days after Robar's suicide and he was listed as a wanted person here (because of the raid in Berkshire). He was captured in NYC in May of 2005.
Ryan's took a polygraph test in regards to Brianna's disappearence and the results were inconclusive.

Brianna was living in Sheldon with a friend at the time she went missing. She was not living with her parents.

Black Lantern is in Montgomery and KJ's is here in St. Albans. (Years ago that diner was Uncle Sam's before it was renamed KJ's)

All of the above places are in Franklin County, here is a map;



Much Love and Respect to you,
dark_shadows
DS, do you know if there were pigs at the time at the home that was raided on the pig farm? Pigs will eat anything, including evidence.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-27-2007, 02:39 PM
dark_shadows dark_shadows is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Vermont
Posts: 6,120
It rained here last night and it has been raining off and on today. There are leaves covering the ground, this is not good for the search today.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-27-2007, 02:43 PM
Littledeer Littledeer is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,841
DS:

Thank you so much for the information. However, you forgot to link on the "map".

If you should get a chance duirng your busy day, please try again.

Thanking you in advance.

Littledeer
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-27-2007, 02:59 PM
dark_shadows dark_shadows is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Vermont
Posts: 6,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littledeer View Post
DS:

Thank you so much for the information. However, you forgot to link on the "map".

If you should get a chance duirng your busy day, please try again.

Thanking you in advance.

Littledeer
My dearest Littledeer,
OMG!, sorry.
Here is the link to a map;
http://www.state.vt.us/vtmap/vtmp001.jpg

You will find St.Albans in the upper left corner of the map, Sheldon, Berkshire and Montgomery are to the upper right of St.Albans, Burlington is right below St. Albans in Chittenden County.


Much Love and Respect for you,
dark_shadows
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-29-2007, 05:41 PM
dark_shadows dark_shadows is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Vermont
Posts: 6,120
Today the searchers went back to the site and they brought canines with them.
The search today was more intense than saturdays search.
Nothing yet if anything was found today.
Lt. Hall stated that a pair of jeans in the middle of the woods is out of place.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-27-2007, 02:46 PM
Littledeer Littledeer is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,841
DS:

On the flip side of "bad weather" could be that "soft ground" might easily give up something that could be a clue.

You never know.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-27-2007, 03:34 PM
Littledeer Littledeer is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,841
DS:

Thank you for the map. I took a quick glance, but would like to print it out and search it better. However, at first glance, it appears that some sort of river or road eventually runs through all of the towns/places that have been mentioned.

Which brings me back to asking you to do a radius from point a to point b and etc. from your known facts.

I feel there is something there that will give a clue.

I could be totally wrong, but just a sense I have from what I have read so far.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 10-27-2007, 03:58 PM
dark_shadows dark_shadows is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Vermont
Posts: 6,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littledeer View Post
DS:

Thank you for the map. I took a quick glance, but would like to print it out and search it better. However, at first glance, it appears that some sort of river or road eventually runs through all of the towns/places that have been mentioned.

Which brings me back to asking you to do a radius from point a to point b and etc. from your known facts.

I feel there is something there that will give a clue.

I could be totally wrong, but just a sense I have from what I have read so far.
To my dearest Littledeer,

Sheldon (where Brianna lived) is about 15 minutes away from St.Albans (where Brianna worked at KJ's) and is about 10 miles away.
Sheldon is about 20 miles to Montgomery (where Brianna worked at Black Lantern)
Berkshire is about 20 miles from Sheldon.
Montgomery is about 3 minutes from Berkshire. Brianna's work (Montgomery) and the town the house was raided. (Berkshire)

Much Love and Respect to you,
dark_shadows
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-27-2007, 03:47 PM
Littledeer Littledeer is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,841
DS:

Keep us informed on how the search is going.

Littledeer
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-27-2007, 04:08 PM
Littledeer Littledeer is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,841
All very well connected. A shame that Moses committed suicide. He could have (maybe) provided some very important information in due time.

Have you heard anything about the search recently? Have the jeans been identified with a name brand that maybe Brianna wore?
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-27-2007, 04:35 PM
dark_shadows dark_shadows is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Vermont
Posts: 6,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littledeer View Post
All very well connected. A shame that Moses committed suicide. He could have (maybe) provided some very important information in due time.

Have you heard anything about the search recently? Have the jeans been identified with a name brand that maybe Brianna wore?
To my dearest Littledeer,
Brianna's mother stated that it was a brand the Brianna wore and that she shopped at that brand name store.

There are not that many brand name stores around here (Franklin County).
JC Penney in St.Albans, Levi store in St.Albans, Burlington has a Gap store in several places.
Classic Consignments in Enosburg Falls also carries name brands of used clothing. So does a consignment store in St.Albans.


Respectfully,
dark_shadows
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-27-2007, 05:06 PM
Littledeer Littledeer is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,841
DS:

Please accept my apologies on asking that question as I did read that Bri's mother had acknowledged the make of the jeans as "one" that Bri would wear along with others. Just forgot and got caught up in the moment.

"walking away feeling so stupid"...........
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
2004, brianna maitland, missing, vermont

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CA Austin Sparks (15) - Montgomery Creek CA, 2004 SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Missing Children in America - A Profile 1 04-11-2010 03:18 PM
VT Brianna Alexandria Maitland (17) - East Franklin VT, 2004 SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Missing Children in America - A Profile 2 04-11-2010 01:51 PM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:59 AM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!