Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Caylee Anthony 2 years old

Notices

Caylee Anthony 2 years old Not reported missing for a month after she was last seen.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-16-2008, 01:04 PM
JBean JBean is offline
WS Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Dana Point,CA
Posts: 20,221
The Tattoo

I know this is discussed throughout many threads, but I didn't see a thread dedicated to the tattoo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
Let's revisit the whole tattoo thing. Has anyone figured out the date she got it? Where she got it? Why is the Iron tat place mentioned on her site if she didn't use them? Maybe she used Mike for the new one and Iron for the shamrock? (IMO, the shamrock wasn't great work and the Iron seemed to do much higher quality than that tho...so maybe it is the reverse?)
If there is a thread for just the tattoo..please bump it for discussion and I will delete this one.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-16-2008, 01:06 PM
JBean JBean is offline
WS Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Dana Point,CA
Posts: 20,221
I have seen different reports as to how it reads exactly. Can anyone defintively confirm what the tattoo says?
TIA.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JBean For This Useful Post:
  #3  
Old 09-19-2008, 01:05 PM
Brini's Avatar
Brini Brini is offline
Future Irene Adler
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 7,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBean View Post
I have seen different reports as to how it reads exactly. Can anyone defintively confirm what the tattoo says?
TIA.
She used Iron. It says "Bella Vida." That's the title of A Lindsey Lohan song she likes.

She complained about Tony "not loving her" while she got the tat. She told the artist that Caylee was with the Nanny in Sanford or Stanford (which is north).
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-16-2008, 01:08 PM
SeriouslySearching's Avatar
SeriouslySearching SeriouslySearching is offline
always. SS~
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 33,478
Thanks, JBean! I will have to check on that one because I am not positive. I do think the one on her lower back is a four-leaf clover (or is it 3?) I have to check that photo again, too!
__________________
"WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.



What I post are my opinions only.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-16-2008, 01:13 PM
JBean JBean is offline
WS Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Dana Point,CA
Posts: 20,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
Thanks, JBean! I will have to check on that one because I am not positive. I do think the one on her lower back is a four-leaf clover (or is it 3?) I have to check that photo again, too!
Thanks SS. I would appreciate any and all fact finding regarding the tattoo. If she did indeed get it during the *month* it could indeed be very telling. but I need some factoids!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-16-2008, 03:37 PM
Blink34 Blink34 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sunny East Jabip
Posts: 5,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBean View Post
Thanks SS. I would appreciate any and all fact finding regarding the tattoo. If she did indeed get it during the *month* it could indeed be very telling. but I need some factoids!
Right- I have looked everywhere- you got news outlets accessing her cell phone records but they can't source where and when she got her last tattoo?? AAH
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blink34 For This Useful Post:
  #7  
Old 09-19-2008, 01:17 PM
Brini's Avatar
Brini Brini is offline
Future Irene Adler
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 7,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
Thanks, JBean! I will have to check on that one because I am not positive. I do think the one on her lower back is a four-leaf clover (or is it 3?) I have to check that photo again, too!
It's a shamrock.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-16-2008, 01:23 PM
JBean JBean is offline
WS Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Dana Point,CA
Posts: 20,221
You know when people are booked into jail, their distinguishing features and things like tattoos are carefully documented for any future arrests or identification.
So I am certain that there are exact descriptions of any and all tattoos on her jail records. I have briefly looked at her booking page and charges, but did not see where the information on her records is public. If anyone knows if FL posts that information it would be very helpful, because it would be a concrete answer to any and all tattoos and what they say or depict.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-16-2008, 01:34 PM
Amberjack Amberjack is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 504
The shamrock has something to do with an Irish sports team....

The "Bella Vida" / Beautiful Life tattoo was done after Caylee's disappearance.
If I were an investigator, I'd talk to the person that did the tattoo.
Maybe they were given a reason for the tattoo.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-16-2008, 01:52 PM
Amberjack Amberjack is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 504
This is what I think the "Bella Vida" tattoo means....

http://www.newhomesource.com/communi...iew-directions

The "good life"
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-16-2008, 02:03 PM
NighTillDawn NighTillDawn is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 374
Yea she was living the " good life " after Caylee's disappearance alright.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NighTillDawn For This Useful Post:
  #12  
Old 08-16-2008, 02:49 PM
manatee's Avatar
manatee manatee is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,740
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberjack View Post
This is what I think the "Bella Vida" tattoo means....

http://www.newhomesource.com/communi...iew-directions

The "good life"
bella vida is BEAUTIFUL life not good life. Good would be BUENA vida

just to make sure we have the right facts
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to manatee For This Useful Post:
  #13  
Old 08-16-2008, 02:52 PM
commongrackle's Avatar
commongrackle commongrackle is offline
Insert Custom User Title Here
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by manatee View Post
bella vida is BEAUTIFUL life not good life. Good would be BUENA vida

just to make sure we have the right facts
In what language?
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-16-2008, 03:13 PM
Amberjack Amberjack is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by manatee View Post
bella vida is BEAUTIFUL life not good life. Good would be BUENA vida

just to make sure we have the right facts
Actually, I meant Bella Vida=Beautiful Life

That would be the "good life" for Casey
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-16-2008, 03:38 PM
curiositycat's Avatar
curiositycat curiositycat is offline
The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Northern New Mexico
Posts: 5,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberjack View Post
This is what I think the "Bella Vida" tattoo means....

http://www.newhomesource.com/communi...iew-directions

The "good life"
I thought that at first but it may also mean Bella Vida Resort vacation homes. Check this link out.
http://www.bellavida-villa.com/
__________________
"Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect" Steven Wright
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-16-2008, 03:45 PM
manatee's Avatar
manatee manatee is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,740
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiositycat View Post
I thought that at first but it may also mean Bella Vida Resort vacation homes. Check this link out.
http://www.bellavida-villa.com/
why would she or Tone want to buy a vacation home (or possible rental/vacation property?). The home is 4000 sq ft or so...NOPE. I don't think it has anything to do with this property.
I'm sure Casey speaks a bit of spanish considering the area she grew up in...not uncommon to go back and forth with spanish terms.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-16-2008, 03:35 PM
Blink34 Blink34 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sunny East Jabip
Posts: 5,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberjack View Post
The shamrock has something to do with an Irish sports team....

The "Bella Vida" / Beautiful Life tattoo was done after Caylee's disappearance.
If I were an investigator, I'd talk to the person that did the tattoo.
Maybe they were given a reason for the tattoo.
I posted on the general thread some time ago one of the tattoo artists I am aware that she knows. If it was him, they would know by now.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-16-2008, 03:52 PM
MarleneM MarleneM is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blink34 View Post
I posted on the general thread some time ago one of the tattoo artists I am aware that she knows. If it was him, they would know by now.
I remember reading recently someone's post about a tattoo parlor named "Solid Ink" or "Solid...something" that Casey reportedly mentioned to a friend? No doubt Orlando has a million tattoo parlors, but again - getting a tattoo is something people find worthy of mentioning to friends and/or family (even if they can't show it off) because of the permanency and symbolic nature of tattoos. It's like showing off a new limb because a tattoo becomes part of you, only you can control the originality and design.

Tony at the very least can testify when Casey got the tattoo, and probably where, since he and Casey were spending practically every night together for the last two weeks of June (according to Clint House, Tony's roommate). Tattoo's take a couple of weeks to completely heal, and require special care and bandaging for the first few days. Not something easily hidden from a lover.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-16-2008, 03:44 PM
MarleneM MarleneM is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberjack View Post
The shamrock has something to do with an Irish sports team....

If I were an investigator, I'd talk to the person that did the tattoo.
Maybe they were given a reason for the tattoo.
I hope LE has figured out and spoken to the tattoo artist who did Casey's tattoo. Shouldn't be too hard to figure out as it's common to either take a friend with you when one gets a tatto, or you tell everyone where you got it (and usually how much you paid) when you show it off to friends and family. I doubt Tony would have missed seeing it. He would be a good source for the date Casey got the Bella Vida tattoo, and where Casey claimed to have received it.

Talking to the artist is a great idea, because it is common for people to explain the symbology behind the tattoos they are getting as a matter of small talk with the person giving the tattoo. Maybe Casey was open enough to mention the tattoo was a memorial, but I bet she didn't. I bet she said she was just a proud mom.

Shamrock sports team logo like Notre Dame?
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-19-2008, 12:19 PM
headndownstream's Avatar
headndownstream headndownstream is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The heart of Ohio
Posts: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarleneM View Post
Maybe Casey was open enough to mention the tattoo was a memorial, but I bet she didn't. I bet she said she was just a proud mom.
Nah....She's so narcissistic she probably told people it meant SHE had a beautiful life, wouldn't have been thinking of Caylee at all.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 06-25-2009, 08:39 PM
Brini's Avatar
Brini Brini is offline
Future Irene Adler
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 7,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarleneM View Post
I hope LE has figured out and spoken to the tattoo artist who did Casey's tattoo. Shouldn't be too hard to figure out as it's common to either take a friend with you when one gets a tatto, or you tell everyone where you got it (and usually how much you paid) when you show it off to friends and family. I doubt Tony would have missed seeing it. He would be a good source for the date Casey got the Bella Vida tattoo, and where Casey claimed to have received it.

Talking to the artist is a great idea, because it is common for people to explain the symbology behind the tattoos they are getting as a matter of small talk with the person giving the tattoo. Maybe Casey was open enough to mention the tattoo was a memorial, but I bet she didn't. I bet she said she was just a proud mom.

Shamrock sports team logo like Notre Dame?
I think KC had some pretensions to an Irish background. Her handle was "caseyomarie."

Though a harp is a bit more Irish ethnic than a shamrock, IMHO.
__________________
Age. Fac ut gaudeam
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Brini For This Useful Post:
  #22  
Old 09-28-2008, 09:42 AM
websurfer's Avatar
websurfer websurfer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Summers are short here...
Posts: 2,295
"Bueno Vita" underlined with a scroll....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberjack View Post
The shamrock has something to do with an Irish sports team....

The "Bella Vida" / Beautiful Life tattoo was done after Caylee's disappearance.
If I were an investigator, I'd talk to the person that did the tattoo.
Maybe they were given a reason for the tattoo.

" Bueno Vita" --- right shoulder[location]
~~~~~~
according to my notes as told by a person
from the tattoo shop?
a person named bobby did her tatttoo or is that the shop owner?
I only jotted down the description & location of the tattoo.
Not names need to review documents.
Also that was friend ANNIE's tat reference.Where she and Casey went i think ?
looking for exact quotes from anyone who can find the text...
__________________




#789UMCO unidentified found The victim was discovered on September 8, 2004 in the Flat Tops, White River National Forest, Garfield County, Colorado
Estimated Date of Death: No longer than 5 years prior to discovery he left a note to "LIB"
PLEASE HELP me find out who this unidentified person is so he can be buried rightfully near his family...


I DO NOT TOLERATE HARASSMENT...
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-28-2008, 09:53 AM
Pink Panther Pink Panther is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 10,556
Quote:
Originally Posted by websurfer View Post
" Bueno Vita" --- right shoulder[location]
~~~~~~
according to my notes as told by a person
from the tattoo shop?
a person named bobby did her tatttoo or is that the shop owner?
I only jotted down the description & location of the tattoo.
Not names need to review documents.
Also that was friend ANNIE's tat reference.Where she and Casey went i think ?
looking for exact quotes from anyone who can find the text...
The LE report has both versions. One account says "la bella vida" (Spanish) and the second says "la bella vita" (Italian). Based on her photobucket pic and the fact that part of her heritage is Italian, I think she went with the Italian version. MOO
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-29-2008, 11:04 AM
IrishSweetOne's Avatar
IrishSweetOne IrishSweetOne is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Little Rock
Posts: 1,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by websurfer View Post
" Bueno Vita" --- right shoulder[location]
~~~~~~
according to my notes as told by a person
from the tattoo shop?
a person named bobby did her tatttoo or is that the shop owner?
I only jotted down the description & location of the tattoo.
Not names need to review documents.
Also that was friend ANNIE's tat reference.Where she and Casey went i think ?
looking for exact quotes from anyone who can find the text...
Also Amy saw it and said Casey said it's Italian so this would be " Bueno Vita " or "la bella vita"
__________________
R.I.P Dominick
R.I.P. Caylee
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-12-2008, 10:18 PM
MD MOMMY's Avatar
MD MOMMY MD MOMMY is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by websurfer View Post
" Bueno Vita" --- right shoulder[location]
~~~~~~
according to my notes as told by a person
from the tattoo shop?
a person named bobby did her tatttoo or is that the shop owner?
I only jotted down the description & location of the tattoo.
Not names need to review documents.
Also that was friend ANNIE's tat reference.Where she and Casey went i think ?
looking for exact quotes from anyone who can find the text...
IIRC it's on her left shoulder..I found it ironic b/c Caylee's birthmark is on her left shoulder as well. My bets are on the Italian version La Bella Vita since that was in her photobucket.
__________________
A Mother's love is a lifelong commitment
to selflessness
.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bella vita, tattoo, tattoo photo

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:04 PM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!