Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Caylee Anthony 2 years old > Media Links/General Discussion/Rules and Stickies

Notices

Media Links/General Discussion/Rules and Stickies This forum contains early discussion threads and important stickied information. Members should stop in here daily for new announcements and important rules about this forum. This forum is not open for new topics at this time.


 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-18-2008, 10:27 AM
newsjunkie's Avatar
newsjunkie newsjunkie is offline
Not to be confused with A_News_Junkie
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,546
Exclamation Texas Equusearch Needs ($$$) Help -Due to IKE

I know alot of the posters in Caylee's Forum don't get out to the rest of Websleuths. So, I wanted to bring this thread over here.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71295
__________________
“Life is the most spectacular show on earth
― Sara Gruen

Last edited by newsjunkie; 09-18-2008 at 03:01 PM.
  #2  
Old 09-18-2008, 10:34 AM
kidz110 kidz110 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 566
Thank you, newsjunkie.
Come on, everyone!!! TIM AND CREW NEED HELP!
  #3  
Old 09-18-2008, 11:16 AM
shotzie's Avatar
shotzie shotzie is offline
shotzie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Grape country
Posts: 878
I'll donate again..just for the love of those horses..
__________________
IMO

"May you always have LOVE to share,health to spare,and Friends that care."
  #4  
Old 09-18-2008, 10:36 AM
Samijeansg Samijeansg is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 962
I was wondering how close they were to the storm and thinking about them. They are in my prayers and I will try and send something out of my next check. I feel so bad for them. Thank you for letting us know.
  #5  
Old 09-18-2008, 10:41 AM
Insomnia Momma's Avatar
Insomnia Momma Insomnia Momma is offline
If not supported by a link it's just what I think!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 2,015
I saw your post yesterday and made another donation. I wish there was more that I could do for them.

Thanks for bringing it to this forum, I was wondering when I saw your post yesterday if we weren't allowed or something.
  #6  
Old 09-18-2008, 12:21 PM
newsjunkie's Avatar
newsjunkie newsjunkie is offline
Not to be confused with A_News_Junkie
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomnia Momma View Post
I saw your post yesterday and made another donation. I wish there was more that I could do for them.

Thanks for bringing it to this forum, I was wondering when I saw your post yesterday if we weren't allowed or something.
I just want to clarify that this is not MY original post. I came across it in the Missing Persons forum where only a handful of people are at any given time. I thought that since hundreds sometimes close to a thousand people are in Caylee's forum, this needed to come here for greater exposure.
__________________
“Life is the most spectacular show on earth
― Sara Gruen
  #7  
Old 09-18-2008, 11:53 AM
Shavaun's Avatar
Shavaun Shavaun is offline
I can't figure out if this is Jimmy or Pinky. Has he got one eye or two?
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Portland
Posts: 1,304
Can I bump? bump bump
__________________

"As of this writing, there is nothing to suggest that anyone but Casey Anthony is responsible for the death and disposable of Caylee Anthony."

Detective Corporal Yuri Melich
OSCO Supplemental Report
Case Number 08-074777
eid 002684

  #8  
Old 09-18-2008, 11:56 AM
January.'s Avatar
January. January. is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,505
Does anyone know if there is a way to donate through Paypal?
  #9  
Old 09-18-2008, 12:05 PM
halleyscomet halleyscomet is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by January. View Post
Does anyone know if there is a way to donate through Paypal?
Go to TES website and there's a link to pay by credit card or pay pal.
  #10  
Old 09-19-2008, 08:41 PM
maconrich's Avatar
maconrich maconrich is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by halleyscomet View Post
Go to TES website and there's a link to pay by credit card or pay pal.
And they've fixed a glitch with the donation@ email address, so for those (like me) that send money from your paypal account (instead of entering your paypal info on the donation page) it works now!!
__________________
All comments IMHO, etc etc
  #11  
Old 09-20-2008, 05:21 AM
spiritao36401 spiritao36401 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Great falls, Mt.
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by maconrich View Post
And they've fixed a glitch with the donation@ email address, so for those (like me) that send money from your paypal account (instead of entering your paypal info on the donation page) it works now!!
Thank you for letting me know this, I just sent them $5,000.00 to help, and kept getting a page saying the site was down.
  #12  
Old 09-21-2008, 02:38 PM
MyDogScout's Avatar
MyDogScout MyDogScout is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 22
I don't know if this is the appropriate place to put this, but I just read the most wonderful article about Tim Miller (and the Caylee case) and wanted to share it. Bless this man!
http://shamaninga.blogspot.com/2008/...ny-family.html
  #13  
Old 09-23-2008, 10:57 PM
chesterp chesterp is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 6,792
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritao36401 View Post
Thank you for letting me know this, I just sent them $5,000.00 to help, and kept getting a page saying the site was down.
I WISH I could send that much.... I mailed them $50.00 yesterday.
  #14  
Old 09-18-2008, 01:00 PM
Baznme's Avatar
Baznme Baznme is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Northern Adirondack Mountains
Posts: 4,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by January. View Post
Does anyone know if there is a way to donate through Paypal?

I just made a donation through Paypal. It was quick and easy to do. Go to the www.texasequusearch.org site. Click on donation on the first page. You have the option to either use credit card or paypal. Thanks.

Just a thought but I wonder how many WS'ers are out there near the TES headquarters that people may be able to assist putting houses back together for the TES team members or the barn for the TES horses?
  #15  
Old 09-18-2008, 02:14 PM
barb0301's Avatar
barb0301 barb0301 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Texas
Posts: 1,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baznme View Post
I just made a donation through Paypal. It was quick and easy to do. Go to the www.texasequusearch.org site. Click on donation on the first page. You have the option to either use credit card or paypal. Thanks.

Just a thought but I wonder how many WS'ers are out there near the TES headquarters that people may be able to assist putting houses back together for the TES team members or the barn for the TES horses?
I live in San Antonio, which is about 3 1/2 hours, in normal times, from where they are. I called yesterday to get hotel booked, and there are no hotels to be had anywhere near the area for the next month. I was scheduled to go down to help TES in other areas this week anyway, and then IKE hit, so those plans were scrubbed. I'll get there as soon as I can, as will my hubby.

Just to let everyone know, TES has been busy since Ike hit. Instead of focusing on getting their own lives back in order, they were called in (I don't know who called, but someone alerted them), over the weekend to a 2 building facility that houses the elderly and disabled in Houston. This facility was without power and water, with about 200 residents. I know they were there on Sunday, and probably earlier, as I talked to them on Sunday.

They worked tirelessly getting food and water to the residents of these 2 buildings, 10 stories tall, and trying their hardest to keep things going. With the power out, there was no way to evacuate the most medically fragile. It wasn't until Wed, I believe, that power was restored and Houston EOC and FEMA were finally alerted and onsite to take over the situation. TES was working with limited cell coverage, no landlines, etc.

These people are the most selfless people I know. I'll be making another donation too. God Bless you Tim Miller and all of TES, for what you do on a daily basis !!!!!
__________________
****************************************
Forever in my heart
Riley Ann Sawyers aka "Baby Grace" &
Jose Bernardo Martinez, aka "Beloved Doe" or "Amado Angelito"

Everything stated above is my own personal opinion, and not a reflection of anyone else's, including any organization which I may be affiliated with or support.
  #16  
Old 09-18-2008, 03:14 PM
Baznme's Avatar
Baznme Baznme is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Northern Adirondack Mountains
Posts: 4,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by barb0301 View Post
I live in San Antonio, which is about 3 1/2 hours, in normal times, from where they are. I called yesterday to get hotel booked, and there are no hotels to be had anywhere near the area for the next month. I was scheduled to go down to help TES in other areas this week anyway, and then IKE hit, so those plans were scrubbed. I'll get there as soon as I can, as will my hubby.

Just to let everyone know, TES has been busy since Ike hit. Instead of focusing on getting their own lives back in order, they were called in (I don't know who called, but someone alerted them), over the weekend to a 2 building facility that houses the elderly and disabled in Houston. This facility was without power and water, with about 200 residents. I know they were there on Sunday, and probably earlier, as I talked to them on Sunday.

They worked tirelessly getting food and water to the residents of these 2 buildings, 10 stories tall, and trying their hardest to keep things going. With the power out, there was no way to evacuate the most medically fragile. It wasn't until Wed, I believe, that power was restored and Houston EOC and FEMA were finally alerted and onsite to take over the situation. TES was working with limited cell coverage, no landlines, etc.

These people are the most selfless people I know. I'll be making another donation too. God Bless you Tim Miller and all of TES, for what you do on a daily basis !!!!!


Ditto! They are wonderful people.
  #17  
Old 09-18-2008, 09:36 PM
Tricia's Avatar
Tricia Tricia is offline
WS Admin Mgr Co-Owner
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: I have survived all the slings and arrows and live in a house filled with Love.
Posts: 14,865
Bump up for Tim and the gang.

God bless these wonderful people. How they do it day in and day out I don't know.
__________________
`````````````````

THERE ARE NOW TWO TRUE CRIME RADIO SHOWS! LISTEN EVERY THURSDAY TO THE iHEARTRADIO.COM CLICK HERE TO LISTEN LIVE EVERY THURSDAY 8 PM EASTERN

FOR PAST IHEART SHOWS CLICK HERE

FOR THE BLOGTALK.COM TRUE CRIME SHOWS CLICK HERE THEN SCROLL DOWN

Join Websleuths on Twitter

Follow websleuths on Twitter

And Face Book of course
 | 





************************************************** **************************************

Tricia Griffith
tgrif@xmission.com
6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
Suite H # 214
Park City UT
84098
  #18  
Old 09-18-2008, 11:13 PM
OakIceShimmer's Avatar
OakIceShimmer OakIceShimmer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baznme View Post
I just made a donation through Paypal. It was quick and easy to do. Go to the www.texasequusearch.org site. Click on donation on the first page. You have the option to either use credit card or paypal. Thanks.

Just a thought but I wonder how many WS'ers are out there near the TES headquarters that people may be able to assist putting houses back together for the TES team members or the barn for the TES horses?
Bump,bump. bump
__________________
Everything posted here is my own humble opinion only. I see all sides of any question and will frequently brainstorm or play devil's advocate.
  #19  
Old 09-18-2008, 12:25 PM
January.'s Avatar
January. January. is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,505
Oops! I missed that big yellow button on their home page and went right to the donate page where I didn't see the option of Paypal. Thanks very much. Donation is sent!
  #20  
Old 09-18-2008, 12:52 PM
Law_girl41 Law_girl41 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,121
No Good Deed Goes Unpunished...

O/T- but not really- As an old friend (RIP Joyce) would always tell me!

For the life of me and please do not feel sorry for me here!! I am actually LMBO!

I was donating $100 thru PayPal with my Credit Card and when I went to print out the receipt, my computor crashed!! Blue screen the whole thing- messages of dumping memory galore! I didnt panic, so I rebooted it. Whilst I was rebooting, I took my dog out to potty, filled up the bird feeder and remembered that I needed to make some more hummingbird food......so I go back outside and my dog had poo stuck to his rear , and then this happens....my hummingbird serrum is overboiling on the stove! Ruined it, started over, and so I put on a fresh pot of coffee, clean the dogs bum....go in and go to get my half n half out of the fridge and ~poof~ out went the fridge light and I hear these strange crackling noises coming from under the fridge! The freezer is still running, mind you. So I turn around and wth! I overboil the hummingbird food again!!! I got my cuppa and saw my computor loaded back up fine........and so hear I am......back at where I was 35 minutes ago......Nice!! and lets not forget my husbands last day at work is Friday....

This is it, I've found it, I am in He77!!

Well I guess this means I get a little taste of what TES is feeling after IKE
  #21  
Old 09-18-2008, 12:58 PM
newsjunkie's Avatar
newsjunkie newsjunkie is offline
Not to be confused with A_News_Junkie
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Law_girl41 View Post
O/T- but not really- As an old friend (RIP Joyce) would always tell me!

For the life of me and please do not feel sorry for me here!! I am actually LMBO!

I was donating $100 thru PayPal with my Credit Card and when I went to print out the receipt, my computor crashed!! Blue screen the whole thing- messages of dumping memory galore! I didnt panic, so I rebooted it. Whilst I was rebooting, I took my dog out to potty, filled up the bird feeder and remembered that I needed to make some more hummingbird food......so I go back outside and my dog had poo stuck to his rear , and then this happens....my hummingbird serrum is overboiling on the stove! Ruined it, started over, and so I put on a fresh pot of coffee, clean the dogs bum....go in and go to get my half n half out of the fridge and ~poof~ out went the fridge light and I hear these strange crackling noises coming from under the fridge! The freezer is still running, mind you. So I turn around and wth! I overboil the hummingbird food again!!! I got my cuppa and saw my computor loaded back up fine........and so hear I am......back at where I was 35 minutes ago......Nice!! and lets not forget my husbands last day at work is Friday....

This is it, I've found it, I am in He77!!

Well I guess this means I get a little taste of what TES is feeling after IKE
I'm glad you were able to laugh. I must admit you gave me a chuckle too.
__________________
“Life is the most spectacular show on earth
― Sara Gruen
  #22  
Old 09-18-2008, 02:11 PM
Law_girl41 Law_girl41 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,121
Tes says thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsjunkie View Post
I'm glad you were able to laugh. I must admit you gave me a chuckle too.
LOL!! Well my husband didnt laugh!! He never really gets sad much, but I can hear him chokin up....because of his job & his car needs a repair.....he's saying "why does everything take a dump all at once?"

*** I dug thru a box of paper work and found my receipt for the fridge!! My warrantee is still good!!
I wont tell my husband until he gets home from work! Thats cause I need him & my boys to transfer all the food to the garage. I am so clever!!

Okay folks.....I am bumping this up........TES does need your donations!!! I got an email from TES from Erin saying "THANK YOU" for the donation!

heres what it said:
Thank you so much for your donation. I can’t say that enough. Erin
  #23  
Old 09-19-2008, 04:47 AM
poco's Avatar
poco poco is offline
A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Flora-frickin-duh
Posts: 38,982
Quote:
Originally Posted by Law_girl41 View Post
O/T- but not really- As an old friend (RIP Joyce) would always tell me!

For the life of me and please do not feel sorry for me here!! I am actually LMBO!

I was donating $100 thru PayPal with my Credit Card and when I went to print out the receipt, my computor crashed!! Blue screen the whole thing- messages of dumping memory galore! I didnt panic, so I rebooted it. Whilst I was rebooting, I took my dog out to potty, filled up the bird feeder and remembered that I needed to make some more hummingbird food......so I go back outside and my dog had poo stuck to his rear , and then this happens....my hummingbird serrum is overboiling on the stove! Ruined it, started over, and so I put on a fresh pot of coffee, clean the dogs bum....go in and go to get my half n half out of the fridge and ~poof~ out went the fridge light and I hear these strange crackling noises coming from under the fridge! The freezer is still running, mind you. So I turn around and wth! I overboil the hummingbird food again!!! I got my cuppa and saw my computor loaded back up fine........and so hear I am......back at where I was 35 minutes ago......Nice!! and lets not forget my husbands last day at work is Friday....

This is it, I've found it, I am in He77!!

Well I guess this means I get a little taste of what TES is feeling after IKE
See, good things really do happen to good people!!!!
__________________

So often times it happens that we live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key. ...Eagles, "Already Gone"
  #24  
Old 09-19-2008, 08:56 AM
Aleve N Fla Aleve N Fla is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Orlando
Posts: 241
As someone who has gone through three hurricanes in one season, I will definitely be sending in some money today. Tim and TES are a great organization and we all need to step up to help them.
  #25  
Old 09-19-2008, 10:47 AM
Law_girl41 Law_girl41 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by poco View Post
See, good things really do happen to good people!!!!
I wuv you Poco, dont know ya, but just the same- you always delighted me! You're a cheeky kinda person and always there with an uplifting spirit! Thank You!

I think youre right, it happens...IMO, good, bad. life happens.

O/T the lady from Lowes made my day today, she told me my warrantee has food loss coverage!

Erin from TES got a good kick out of my story.....It made her day...I told her about how IKE came up to Michigan and saved me from lugging my 150 foot hoses all over the yard 24/7 to keep my grass green and it saved my well pump from exhaustion. So from what I saved on the electric bill this month and my time moving sprinklers... I could hand down to TES.

I am a firm believer in you get what you give in this life. I couldnt afford the airfare to go down to Florida to help search for Caylee, I felt really bad for everyone out there humping it in the swamps in that heat, while I sat up here in my cushy chair with the A/C. I had to do something and I know that it always comes back, maybe not today, but I have so many blessings now and to look forward too.

Poco, also I always see your posts and most of the time, you are just so quick & clever. Never change.......I like that in a person. Peace!
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Texas Equusearch Needs OUR Help Peki51 Missing Archives 22 10-10-2008 04:37 PM
Tim Miller and Texas EQuuSearch. CW Stacy Peterson 2 11-13-2007 10:08 AM
Texas EquuSearch founder Tim Miller 2sisters Up to the Minute 0 12-12-2006 08:52 PM
Texas EquuSearch traveling to Sri Lanka RCOOKE Missing Archives 5 02-07-2005 04:44 PM
Texas EquuSearch Mission for the Missing RCOOKE Missing Archives 2 10-10-2004 04:25 AM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:26 AM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!