I found a handwriting match to the RN

Do you think Zodiac's handwriting resembles the RN?

• Total voters

voynich

Former Member
Reaction score
I've looked at Cherokee's handwriting analysis here:

[ame="http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?p=115065"]Analysis of the Linguistics and Handwriting in the Ramsey Ransom Note - Page 3 - Forums For Justice[/ame]

I do think that there is some resemblance in some letters such as the letters y and q, the reservation I have is that anyone with a marker could produce those letters that resemble both the PR and RN. I also wonder if he is cherry picking since if you do enough handwriting with variations, esp with a marker, you could cherry pick apparent matches. In this spirit I found another handwriting that closely resembles matches the RN.

Take a look

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/2006/0818/9699449.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikisource/en/4/43/ZodiacsPoem.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikisource/en/9/9f/Zodiac-Schoolbus.jpg
http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/File:Zodiac-Bomb.gif

I suspect that the RN author knew of L&L and possibly Charles Linbergh kidnapping, as well as movies like Ransom and Dirty Harry as I have shown in earlier posts.

I suspect that the author knew of the Zodiac Killer and attempted to intentionally write in a handwriting style resembling the Zodiac's known exemplars. Using a marker greatly simplifies the task based on strong similarities in handwriting between the two.

Sorry, but Patsy wrote the note. May she RIP.

Cherokee kindley posted a dictated handwritten note by PR side by side to the RN

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6404&page=2
scroll down to HANDWRITING ANALYSIS – Part II, Section II The Lowercase Letter ‘q’

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1598&stc=1&d=1135885579

It is obvious to anyone that the two samples do not look anything alike. Obviously the RDI can spin it that PR was disguising her true writing habits in the RN.
While this is entirely a rational argument, it leaves the question begging, how do we match the RN to PR handwriting if the RN is disguised?
How can wel tell whether PR wrote the RN in disguise, or an intruder in disguise? I think forensic linguistics is the best way forward out of the deadlock.
I think that the ZK lower case "t" is distinctive looks the same as in the RN.

Here's a spooky crackpot idea

JB's killer was none other than the Zodiac!

The simplest answer is most likely the correct one: PR did it.

Just like in the Caylee case where the mom is spinning all kinds of 'some other dude did it' scenarios, it is obvious that the mom did it.

There is no other dude.

Yeah maybe the Zodiac was playing Santa in Boulder.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDZBgHBHQT8"]YouTube - X Files Theme Tune[/ame]

Cherokee kindley posted a dictated handwritten note by PR side by side to the RN

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6404&page=2
scroll down to HANDWRITING ANALYSIS – Part II, Section II The Lowercase Letter ‘q’

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1598&stc=1&d=1135885579

It is obvious to anyone that the two samples do not look anything alike. Obviously the RDI can spin it that PR was disguising her true writing habits in the RN.
While this is entirely a rational argument, it leaves the question begging, how do we match the RN to PR handwriting if the RN is disguised?
How can wel tell whether PR wrote the RN in disguise, or an intruder in disguise? I think forensic linguistics is the best way forward out of the deadlock.
I think that the ZK lower case "t" is distinctive looks the same as in the RN.

Here's a spooky crackpot idea

JB's killer was none other than the Zodiac!

I get your point.....or shall I say the subtle sarcasm.That's why I don't even bother to analyse the note.Everybody sees what they wanna see."It looks like" is not a fact,I agree and it doesn't point to guilt but it's open to spin.Didn't it already begin?IDI's will always argue that you can't include PR and RDI's that you can't exclude her.What does this tell us about all this except that every camp is using this in their favour even if that doesn't solve this case but only makes it a bigger mess than it already is?

The RDI experts didn't convince me so far that PR is the writer.
But can IDI experts tell me WHO wrote it?I only heard from them that it WASN'T PR.Okay.Why don't you also tell me what kind of guy it was and what on earth did he want by writing it?

I get your point.....or shall I say the subtle sarcasm.That's why I don't even bother to analyse the note.Everybody sees what they wanna see."It looks like" is not a fact,I agree and it doesn't point to guilt but it's open to spin.Didn't it already begin?IDI's will always argue that you can't include PR and RDI's that you can't exclude her.What does this tell us about all this except that every camp is using this in their favour even if that doesn't solve this case but only makes it a bigger mess than it already is?

But can IDI experts tell me WHO wrote it?I only heard from them that it WASN'T PR.Okay.Why don't you also tell me what kind of guy it was and what on earth did he want by writing it?

x-files LOL.

I plan to make a similar thread in the near future.

Hi Madeleine.

"Everybody sees what they wanna see."

yep, you called it!

that's what I think

Hi voynich.

The similarities in style between the rn and BK are interesting. I realize that you've probably looked at a milliard of font types as available online, as have I.

And you did find a writer who exhibits similar style
So the idea that only PR exemplars resemble the rn is not accurate.

I don't understand how anyone can look at the overlay Cherokee did in post 21 of your first link to FFJ and then proclaim that Patsy didn't write the note.

I don't understand how anyone can look at the overlay Cherokee did in post 21 of your first link to FFJ and then proclaim that Patsy didn't write the note.

Totally agree.

The other day in a bookshop, I was leafing through some true crime books and came across a huge tome on forensics. It didn't specifically address many aspects of the Ramsey case but it did look at ransom notes and graphology and, I thought, would be massively interesting to people on here. Sadly it was really expensive and I didn't relish the idea of noodles for dinner all week but I'll try to find a cheaper copy and summarise it here.

You can superimpose ZK's letters if you use a paintbrush to write the letters since the width of each letter would be broad enough to allow room for any letters skinny enough to fit inside. You have to look at the strokes and other fine details.

Look at the letter "R", the curve portion of R extends past in the RN, not in PR.

the letter "a" is hooded in RN, unhooded in PR.

"m" is rounded in RN, straight lines in PR

"E" is made w/ straight lines in RN, curved like the letter "c" in PR,

the tail in "Y" consists of 2 strokes in RN, what looks like a v with a straight line in the middle in v in PR.

Totally agree.

The other day in a bookshop, I was leafing through some true crime books and came across a huge tome on forensics. It didn't specifically address many aspects of the Ramsey case but it did look at ransom notes and graphology and, I thought, would be massively interesting to people on here. Sadly it was really expensive and I didn't relish the idea of noodles for dinner all week but I'll try to find a cheaper copy and summarise it here.

Have you had a chance to read McM? curious

Have you had a chance to read McM? curious

Eek, no, and I'm aware of having been saying that I'd read it every weekend for the past month. Now got a pile of JBR reading to do that is taller than my daughter! Will *deffo* get to it this weekend, though...

I do think that there is some resemblance in some letters such as the letters y and q,

Now you're thinking!

the reservation I have is that anyone with a marker could produce those letters that resemble both the PR and RN.

Highly unlikely.

I also wonder if he is cherry picking since if you do enough handwriting with variations, esp with a marker, you could cherry pick apparent matches.

If you were to pick up an original edition of Sex Lies and handwriting, you'd really start seeing a few things. Pretty rare, though.

Me neither. It was my own two eyes. Which, like it or not, is what it would come down to with a jury, too.

Actually, that reminds me. Alex Hunter actually had a pretty good idea (for once) to break the deadlock: just let the jury see the comparison charts for themselves.

:clap: Exquisite.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back