Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Caylee Anthony 2 years old

Notices

Caylee Anthony 2 years old Not reported missing for a month after she was last seen.

Old 11-27-2013, 12:38 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzi View Post
I, also, was less than pleased with Belvin Perry's behavior in the courtroom. He never stopped Baez from smarmily greeting the jury every day, tho, I guess the Pinnellas 12 enjoyed that. I thought for sure they must be thinking, "Ewwww!"...guess not. Perry practically gave Baez 'Lawyering 101' all through the trial. And lastly, I'm sure Perry had some influence on how the jury thought of the prosecution, with his way of constantly reprimanding Ashton, and not doing the same to Baez. I, for sure, won't be watching any show featuring Judge Belvin Perry!
BBM - That's for sure. Baez definitely still had his training wheels on and the Judge totally fell for it.
Old 11-27-2013, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkTank View Post
the last statements by Tim Miller on his lawsuit against Casey Anthony:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3540943.html

Casey Anthony Wins In Court Against Texas EquuSearch, Which Funded The Search For Caylee

The Huffington Post | By Simon McCormack Posted: 07/03/2013

excerpts:

Casey Anthony appeared to score a partial victory in bankruptcy court on Tuesday when a judge granted her request to dismiss charges brought by the company who helped search for her daughter in 2008.
But Texas EquuSearch Founder, Tim Miller, told The Huffington Post he is "fairly happy" with Tuesday's proceedings.

When asked about the judge's decision, Miller told HuffPost Crime, "Things aren't always as they appear."
"I'm fairly happy about how yesterday went," Miller said. "We had a good day."

Miller declined to elaborate, saying he "didn't want to interfere with what our lawyers are doing and get a lot of media attention on this."

"I can't wait for this whole thing to get behind us," Miller said. "But we're not backing away from anything."

---------------------

This was after the TES Hearing on July 2, 2013

July 2, 2013 - HEARING MEMO - TES COMPLAINT Cont'd to 9/17/2013 at 2:00 pm
Casey Motion to dismiss - Granted in part;
21 days to amend; due by July 23, 2013

21 days after amended complaint is filed for Defendant [Casey Anthony] to answer.
No discovery until after amended complaint filed;
Parties shall meet and confer asap under Rule 26 to determine discovery schedule.
ORDER not go into effect until FILED on August 14, 2013
What constitutes "backing away"??
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to RR0004 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2013, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR0004 View Post
What constitutes "backing away"??
It is my opinion that all of that was lawyer game play.
Like a poker game. Talking big, like you have a strong hand to play, but really hoping you can get out of it without losing your shirt.

Miller admits in this article in the Houston Chronicle, that what they did is "cut their losses", and walk away. They gained NOTHING of value. I don't quite understand why they didn't just drop the lawsuit, instead of calling it a "settlement"?

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-te...-9506100000151

Texas Equusearch's Tim Miller says that he and his lawyers decided to cut their losses and move on from the case. The attorney's fees, court costs, and cost of possible appeals wouldn't have been worth the fight.

"It's one of those things where if we continued fighting it would cost us more money than we would ever get back," says Miller, who says he just returned back from Florida from settlement proceedings.
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to ThinkTank For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2013, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Like a poker game. Talking big, like you have a strong hand to play, but really hoping you can get out of it without losing your shirt.

Miller admits in this article in the Houston Chronicle, that what they did is "cut their losses", and walk away. They gained NOTHING of value. I don't quite understand why they didn't just drop the lawsuit, instead of calling it a "settlement"?

Texas Equusearch's Tim Miller says that he and his lawyers decided to cut their losses and move on from the case. The attorney's fees, court costs, and cost of possible appeals wouldn't have been worth the fight.

"It's one of those things where if we continued fighting it would cost us more money than we would ever get back," says Miller, who says he just returned back from Florida from settlement proceedings.
Soooooooooo,
WHY are all FCA's attorneys continuing to keep fighting? Is this the case of the big bad wolf scaring off all its competitors by out manning or spending them? Or, are they after the fame and fortune that they hope will come after fighting the loser's battles?
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to watcher9 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2013, 08:45 PM

Quote:

Ironic that Justice is not free for Tim, he has to pay his attorneys so I can understand the expense is overwhelming. If he had murdered a little girl they would be falling all over themselves trying to represent him....
Old 11-28-2013, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippitydoda View Post
What I read is that the show did not get picked up - and it is back to the drawing board for show concepts because nobody bought it. - - "We're keeping our fingers crossed for 2015 with a new concept," Jim Lichtenstein said Friday More good news! Love it! and as Whoopie (Ceile) said in the Color Purple "Till you do right by me, everything you even think about gonna' fail".

As far as signing with an agency - anyone can sign with an agency, that's nothing -its getting real work that pays that counts...Since the trial, exactly where has JB been working? Is he the legal correspondent for CNN? oh wait that would be Mark Nejame & Mark O'Mara....
Could you imagine him as a legal correspondent? Did anyone hear him cite case law even once during the entire trial? Anyone? Anyone? Nope, me neither. He tells fairytales and points fingers. He would have never gotten that not guilty if it weren't for 12 people who were oh so willing to leave their common sense elsewhere and go down the rabbit hole.
Oh, and how the P12 enjoyed his obviously kiss up 'good mornings' every day, I'll never understand. He oozes slime. I think I would have had to puke on his shoes.
Old 11-28-2013, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skbsoccermom View Post
Could you imagine him as a legal correspondent? Did anyone hear him cite case law even once during the entire trial? Anyone? Anyone? Nope, me neither. He tells fairytales and points fingers. He would have never gotten that not guilty if it weren't for 12 people who were oh so willing to leave their common sense elsewhere and go down the rabbit hole.
Oh, and how the P12 enjoyed his obviously kiss up 'good mornings' every day, I'll never understand. He oozes slime. I think I would have had to puke on his shoes.
re BBM: there were a few THs who commented during the trial that it was a violation of protocol for lawyers on either side to greet the jury like that. after the verdict it was revealed that the warm and smiling good morning greetings caused the jurors to bond with the defense while thinking that Ashton's team was cold

but ... JBP allowed it. the fault for that lies with Mr Law And Order
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow.
Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me alone.
matters very much. ~ Jacqueline Kennedy
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to gramcracker For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2013, 02:57 PM
Gateway to the Sierras

Smile

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HappyThanksgiving.jpg (12.7 KB, 11 views)

We are not human beings having a spiritual experience,
we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

******~~Veni, Vidi, Velcro!
I came, I saw, I stuck around!~~

Old 11-29-2013, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niner View Post
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!
Hope everyone's Thanksgiving was wonderful!
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to RR0004 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2013, 08:07 AM

Thanks ThinkTank and all of everyone for your time and insight, and keeping us up to date on the news!
Old 11-30-2013, 08:15 AM

I have to say the latest developments are not a huge surprise. The lawyers bailing just had to happen with the personality of the client they have.

Just like Cindy, the lawyers bought in to the story, tolerated the behaviour and abuse, and then just had enough. Cindy did everything for KC and tolerated outrageous behaviour, sought advise, vented and then cracked.... I'll never forget Cindy's 911 call with KC in the car reporting a stolen car. That was a woman that had just had enough. KC will keep this same cycle with all the relationships in her life. I would like to think that this cycle is her living hell, but I doubt that she is capable of feeling any pain or remorse about it.

Last edited by Jomo; 11-30-2013 at 08:18 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 12-01-2013, 02:54 PM

I hope all had a good Thanksgiving.
I know that what I am about to ask is so old but, I am going to ask anyhow, I was watching something on tv and it made me think of Caylee which brought me to my question why was the video of Casey in the motel parking lot never put into trial which would have shown that cindy had not tucked casey into bed as she claims and showing a time that she had been there so does anyone remember why that was not in evidence?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bonniez451 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2013, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonniez451 View Post
I hope all had a good Thanksgiving.
I know that what I am about to ask is so old but, I am going to ask anyhow, I was watching something on tv and it made me think of Caylee which brought me to my question why was the video of Casey in the motel parking lot never put into trial which would have shown that cindy had not tucked casey into bed as she claims and showing a time that she had been there so does anyone remember why that was not in evidence?
There was never a video
only a theory published by Leonard Padilla, that someone might have seen Casey in a motel parking lot -- no real evidence -- noone willing to give testimony of seeing Casey in a motel parking lot at that specific time -- only Padilla spouting his own theories on national tv

Casey's phone records did not show her to be in the area of the suspected hotel

NANCY GRACE
(transcript of September 17th)
GRACE: What else did you learn from the phone records?
PADILLA: Well, that she`s constantly on the phone, constantly, constantly, constantly. The night of the 15th, when we believe she had a big blow-up with the family because her mom had come back from the Father`s Day and she`d found out that she stole money from the grandparents — I believe at that time is when she left the house, not the following day on the 16th. And that is because the phone calls and the pattern of phone calls is such that it doesn`t seem like she was making them out of the house, although the towers that cover the house would also cover a hotel where she might have been spotted.
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to ThinkTank For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2013, 05:32 PM

The Mount Dora home of Shirley Plesea has been sold by the Anthonys.
This article says it was left to them in Alex's will...... I guess I didn't realize he had died.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/featu...0,4510211.post
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to ZsaZsa For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2013, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZsaZsa View Post
The Mount Dora home of Shirley Plesea has been sold by the Anthonys.
This article says it was left to them in Alex's will...... I guess I didn't realize he had died.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/featu...0,4510211.post
OS is quoting from the RadarOnline article, and the RO article has several ERRORS.
http://radaronline.com/exclusives/20...e-85-thousand/

Mr. Alex is alive in a nursing home in Orlando. His Will has not been probated.
Cindy is the Administrator of her mother's Will and estate, but I do not believe the Plesea home was given to Cindy in Shirley Plesea's Will.

Cindy's brother, Rick Plesea, requested a copy of his mother's Will, which looks like he might be questioning Cindy's actions as administrator.

LAKE COUNTY
2012 CP 001508 — ESTATE OF PLESEA, SHIRLEY MARIE

11/8/2013
CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED FROM RICK PLESEA
REQUESTING COPY OF WILL COPY SENT, ENV PROVIDED

Last edited by ThinkTank; 12-03-2013 at 06:20 PM.
The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to ThinkTank For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2013, 06:17 PM

Quote:
OS is quoting from the RadarOnline article, and the RO article has several ERRORS.

Mr. Alex is alive in a nursing home in Orlando. His Will has not been probated.
Cindy is the Administrator of her mother's Will and estate, but I do not believe the Plesea home was given to Cindy is Shirley Plesea's Will.

Cindy's brother, Rick Plesea, requested a copy of his mother's Will, which looks like he might be questioning Cindy's actions as administrator.

LAKE COUNTY
2012 CP 001508 — ESTATE OF PLESEA, SHIRLEY MARIE

11/8/2013
CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED FROM RICK PLESEA
REQUESTING COPY OF WILL COPY SENT, ENV PROVIDED
Great sleuthing!
Old 12-03-2013, 07:19 PM

I would never want to try and get anything past think tank - it won't happen. Thank goodness they are not my mom, I would have been grounded for life
Old 12-03-2013, 11:20 PM

Hi old friends...just wanted to drop by and comment on The Baby Elaina's case as it relates to Caylee's murder, which I know we still feel the horrible verdict as if if happened yesterday.

I am from Toledo, so have followed this very closely ( even went to the river where they were searching)...our community, as well of course her family has been reeling. I am very impressed how our authorities were able to get a plea deal and admission from the guilty parties. Yes, it wasn't a perfect ending... But the family, the community and all those following were able to get some answers (as gruesome as they were) and some semblance of the TRUTH.

The TRUTH was what and is what always has been missing for Caylee. "Justice" for her murderer always, always seemed to circumvent the TRUTH...which is what the community and the nation (not her family) needed so very badly.

How did Toledo Police and others get this mom and her boyfriend to confess....with a plea deal...with no need for a trial? Which leads me to ask what really happened down in Orlando?

Will we ever get the TRUTH? Who, in this cast of characters is ready to speak up?
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Pattymarie For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2013, 10:31 AM

From the OS article of yesterday - in the Comments section, as to what happened to the money from the house sale.
"Rumor has it that the money went to buying gum and sleeveless shirts for Cindy and a Nigerian Prince for George"..
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to ZsaZsa For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2013, 02:31 PM
Gateway to the Sierras

Talking

Quote:
From the OS article of yesterday - in the Comments section, as to what happened to the money from the house sale.
"Rumor has it that the money went to buying gum and sleeveless shirts for Cindy and a Nigerian Prince for George"..

We are not human beings having a spiritual experience,
we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

******~~Veni, Vidi, Velcro!
I came, I saw, I stuck around!~~

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Niner For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2013, 03:19 PM

[quote=Pattymarie;10020943]Hi old friends...just wanted to drop by and comment on The Baby Elaina's case as it relates to Caylee's murder, which I know we still feel the horrible verdict as if if happened yesterday.

I am from Toledo, so have followed this very closely ( even went to the river where they were searching)...our community, as well of course her family has been reeling. I am very impressed how our authorities were able to get a plea deal and admission from the guilty parties. Yes, it wasn't a perfect ending... But the family, the community and all those following were able to get some answers (as gruesome as they were) and some semblance of the TRUTH.

The TRUTH was what and is what always has been missing for Caylee. "Justice" for her murderer always, always seemed to circumvent the TRUTH...which is what the community and the nation (not her family) needed so very badly.

How did Toledo Police and others get this mom and her boyfriend to confess....with a plea deal...with no need for a trial? Which leads me to ask what really happened down in Orlando? #1

Will we ever get the TRUTH? Who, in this cast of characters is ready to speak up? #2 [/
QUOTE]

Hello Pattymarie,

# 1 - I believe there were major differences in the investigations, and the type of legal support (early on, and free in one case) provided to both sets of characters in these two cases.

IMO - in Caylee's case, LE followed and investigated the wrong clues for three 3+ years and missed many critical pieces of evidence, i.e. the "fool-proof suffication," search, and their follow up on RK's 3 calls about Caylee's body. Then, the SA believed so strongly in the need for CA & GA testimony during OCA's trail that they treated them "special", and told the wrong story about what happened to Caylee.

2 - Seems that most of the money has dried up - so I suggest that someone get a fishing pole and hang a few hundreds over their three heads - one of them will talk.

God bless little Elaina and Caylee - I can hope they are together now.

Last edited by zippitydoda; 12-04-2013 at 04:55 PM.
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to zippitydoda For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2013, 03:53 PM

Piers Morgan Show

I, personally do NOT want to see Piers Morgan nor Matt Lauer on CNN!!!!
Piers Morgan already did two interviews with Cheney Mason and a phone interview with Casey Anthony, and wants to do another interview with her, very badly.
Matt Lauer has tried very hard to get an interview with Casey Anthony, via Baez.

--------------------------------

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...#ixzz2mWrsZjji

Dec 4, 2013 [TODAY!]
Another potential shift could involve dumping Piers Morgan’s evening show.”

---------------------------------

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...changes-657920

November 20, 2013
“Piers Morgan's three-year deal was extended into 2014,
say sources. But Morgan, whose interview show seems to ebb and flow with the caliber of his guests, might not stay past then”

Lauer would be a big get for Zucker; the two are friendly and were spotted chatting at Morgan's recent book-launch party. But Lauer is committed to NBC's Today until 2015.

------------------------------------------

Attorney J. Cheney Mason on Piers Morgan CNN TV show after Piers had phone interview with Casey – June 12, 2012

Attorney J. Cheney Mason on Piers Morgan CNN TV show speaking on Casey’s behalf – January 31, 2013

CNN Headquarters
President Jeff Zucker
Senior VP Amy Entelis
One CNN Center, Box 105366
Atlanta GA 30303
Email - cnn.feedback@cnn.com
Email - community@cnn.com
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to ThinkTank For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2013, 05:07 PM

Zippitydoda...who told the "wrong" story?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RR0004 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2013, 08:11 PM
Admiral-Class Battlecruiser

Quote:
Maybe they could invest money with Bernie Madoff.

HMS Hood
Mighty Hood
Pennant Number: 51
Motto: Ventis Secundis ("With Favourable Winds")
May 15, 1920-May 24, 1941
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HMSHood For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2013, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR0004 View Post
Zippitydoda...who told the "wrong" story?
The prosecution.

I know that I'm an arm chair, years after the game quarterback, and I do believe the prosecution did a great job and she should have been convicted. It's just that now, looking back on all of their nonsense that I fell for, believed, and tried to make sense of, it all just looks like well planned misdirection to stop any investigation into the real situations that lead up to Caylee's life being taken.

Last edited by zippitydoda; 12-04-2013 at 09:47 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zippitydoda For This Useful Post: