Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Located Forum Discussion

Notices

Located Forum Discussion Discussion for those who were missing and are now located

Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2013, 09:36 AM

I wonder how much LE is sharing with the PI?

Quote:
Why would she leave her purse and phone at work at Borgess Hospital, get a friend to drive her downtown, where she would attempt to check into the Radisson only to learn she didn’t have enough cash?

Why did she then get the hotel to drive her back to the Hospital, get in her car and immediately leave town, despite the fact that she was due at work the next morning.

Her dad says she had her own place in kalamazoo. He wonders why she didn't she just go there? Why didn't she tell anyone where she was going?.

A police source close to the search says they know why but aren’t releasing the information because it might jeopardize their investigation.
And from the PI

Quote:
Clatterbuck said he has found no “empirical evidence” during his investigation that Patrick was being followed or targeted by someone leading up to her disappearance.

“There’s nothing that has presented itself that someone was following her,” he said.
So LE says they know why she was trying to book a room rather than go home. The PI says there's nothing that has presented itself that someone was following her or she was being targeted.

That leaves me wondering...would LE share everything they know with the PI? If so, it seems the reason for going to the hotel was not because she was being targeted or followed.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Psychic Sleuth For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2013, 09:47 AM

And I have to wonder if maybe she was seeing a married man (or someone in a relationship) and perhaps that was the reason for using cash rather than credit cards? Perhaps it was a very secretive relationship and they wanted no paper trail of them being there together?

Could she have been seeing her ex husband and didn't want anyone to know? If she was seeing someone that was top secret I could see a hotel meetup rather than going to her apt where people might see them together.

And another thought crossed my mind. Could she have been seeing a woman? Given her SDA background I could see the need to keep this very secret.
Old 12-25-2013, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybun1807 View Post
Indiana is pretty much shut down for the holidays. It will be like this until after the first of the year.

Something I would like to mention. I am reading the local newspaper every day and not a picture or story about this missing Doctor. I am shocked and sad.

So if anybody in our region saw her they might think she is just a homeless person and drive on by.

Please if you are a friend or family member let Teleka 's family know her story and picture needs to get into the local papers.

The NW Indiana Times and the Post Tribune.

I also think Porter County has a little local paper that goes out to Portage and Porter!
I don't know the name of that one.

Merry Christmas everybody!
You forgot the Chesterton Tribune.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bwt42 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2013, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybun1807 View Post
What makes you think she is receiveing alimony?
[i]Post was in the first thread. Post #615 written by: The Cheese

"Looks like the last court action was back on Aug 9th or 19th, and everything else after that looks like just the court recording document handling actions they took? Am I reading this right?

11/01/2013 EXHIBITS DESTROYED PER DESTRUCTION LOG
11/01/2013 EXHIBITS DESTROYED ON 11/01/13 PURSUANT TO COURT ORDER FILED 11/01/13.
11/01/2013 ORDER FOR DESTRUCTION OF EXHIBITS SIGNED ON 11/01/13
10/09/2013 NOTICE OF RETURNED DOCUMENTS SENT.
08/30/2013 NOTICE OF DESTRUCTION OF EXHIBITS MAILED TO PARTIES
08/19/2013 RFA PLACED IN CONFIDENTIAL. SPOKE TO LIZ AT ATTY STRINGERS OFFICE AND SHE WILL SPEAK TO ATTY ABOUT.
08/09/2013 REQUEST FOR FURTHER ACTION/COURT ORDER RE: AMOUNT OF MONEY HUSBAND MUST PAY WIFE DISCREPANCY ON JUDGMENT SENT DEPARTMENT S8 FOR REVIEW.

http://openaccess.sb-court.org/OpenA...etype=FAM&dsn=

Bolding was done by me. That is from official court documents.

General George S. Patton
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to crystalgenie For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2013, 11:02 AM

Carl H. Clatterbuck Agency
http://www.carlhclatterbuck.com/
Old 12-25-2013, 11:37 AM
Where Are All The Missing ?

I am a truck driver and run this route often. I checked my logbook to see where I was that night. I wasn't on I-94. The reason I checked is because I have a dash cam in my truck that I put in to record everything that happens in and around my truck. I save everything on it for 30 days.

I can also tell you that there was definitely CB talk of a car driving erratically and in a ditch. We share all of this with each other. If a pedestrian was walking on the shoulder we would know that too.

Someone mentioned earlier in the thread about whoever called in, and why they didn't stop. If it was a truck driver, it takes over a football field in length to stop depending on road conditions. Well past where the incident would have occurred. And also this is my opinion, you can end up being accused of running them off the road. So many of us report incidents but we keep on going. Sad that it has come to this, but it has.

I will bet that someone has witnessed this but has no idea. I hope that there is info in all the truckstops, at the fuel island entrance, in the area. Many driver's are on dedicated routes so travel this daily. It is a major route from the Canadian border to Chicago.

There are also many trucking websites where this info can be posted. I am going to try and do that. Still hoping she will be found safe. moo

Where is Nancy Moyer?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...er#post5351180
Old 12-25-2013, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalgenie View Post
[i]Post was in the first thread. Post #615 written by: The Cheese

"Looks like the last court action was back on Aug 9th or 19th, and everything else after that looks like just the court recording document handling actions they took? Am I reading this right?

11/01/2013 EXHIBITS DESTROYED PER DESTRUCTION LOG
11/01/2013 EXHIBITS DESTROYED ON 11/01/13 PURSUANT TO COURT ORDER FILED 11/01/13.
11/01/2013 ORDER FOR DESTRUCTION OF EXHIBITS SIGNED ON 11/01/13
10/09/2013 NOTICE OF RETURNED DOCUMENTS SENT.
08/30/2013 NOTICE OF DESTRUCTION OF EXHIBITS MAILED TO PARTIES
08/19/2013 RFA PLACED IN CONFIDENTIAL. SPOKE TO LIZ AT ATTY STRINGERS OFFICE AND SHE WILL SPEAK TO ATTY ABOUT.
08/09/2013 REQUEST FOR FURTHER ACTION/COURT ORDER RE: AMOUNT OF MONEY HUSBAND MUST PAY WIFE DISCREPANCY ON JUDGMENT SENT DEPARTMENT S8 FOR REVIEW.

http://openaccess.sb-court.org/OpenA...etype=FAM&dsn=

Bolding was done by me. That is from official court documents.
The amount he was to paying was for joint debt and attorney fees. Alimony was dropped best I could tell.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Psychic Sleuth For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2013, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyRed View Post
I am a truck driver and run this route often. I checked my logbook to see where I was that night. I wasn't on I-94. The reason I checked is because I have a dash cam in my truck that I put in to record everything that happens in and around my truck. I save everything on it for 30 days.

I can also tell you that there was definitely CB talk of a car driving erratically and in a ditch. We share all of this with each other. If a pedestrian was walking on the shoulder we would know that too.

Someone mentioned earlier in the thread about whoever called in, and why they didn't stop. If it was a truck driver, it takes over a football field in length to stop depending on road conditions. Well past where the incident would have occurred. And also this is my opinion, you can end up being accused of running them off the road. So many of us report incidents but we keep on going. Sad that it has come to this, but it has.

I will bet that someone has witnessed this but has no idea. I hope that there is info in all the truckstops, at the fuel island entrance, in the area. Many driver's are on dedicated routes so travel this daily. It is a major route from the Canadian border to Chicago.

There are also many trucking websites where this info can be posted. I am going to try and do that. Still hoping she will be found safe. moo
An excellent idea! There's a good chance a truck driver saw something that night, but they haven't heard about this disappearance.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to JnRyan For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2013, 12:05 PM
"Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."

OT - Holiday greetings

Please read and share your holiday greetings with fellow-Websleuthers.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2013, 12:33 PM

Last night I got out our large scale Rand-McNally Road Atlas so that I could check distances between the various locations mentioned by the media. The driving distance from Porter, IN to Crete, IL (south of Chicago) where Teleka had been the previous weekend is approximately 30 miles. Porter and Portage, IN are about 5 miles apart, and it's approximately another 5 miles to Gary.

Teleka visited relatives in Crete, IL during the Thanksgiving weekend. Crete is about 20 miles from Gary, IN. If Teleka has a close friend or "significant other" who lives in or near Gary, she more than likely saw that individual the previous weekend as she would have driven near or through Gary to get to Crete. I thought early on that the phone call might have been somehow connected to Teleka's visit to Crete for Thanksgiving. I've considered other possibilities since I started following this case, but I'm back to my original thought that the phone call came from someone with whom Teleka interacted the weekend prior to her disappearance.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2013, 12:51 PM

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/...ka_patric.html
We have not been giving the PI due respect. His true name is Carl H Chatterbuck III . He comes from a long line and the business is 30 years old. Also the reward for finding Dr Patrick is now 15,000. Merry Christmas Websleuths
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to goldenbear For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2013, 12:59 PM

Wondering if route to close friend or family started out near Gary, IN. Could have initially started out going west, then to a different highway or direction towards another state.

Last edited by Babydoll123; 12-25-2013 at 01:11 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Babydoll123 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2013, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babydoll123 View Post
Wondering if route to close friend started out near Gary, IN. Could have initial started out going west, then to a different highway or direction.
Both Gary, IN (possibly where friend of TP's lives) and Crete, IL (TP has relatives here and was with them Thanksgiving weekend) aren't directly along I-94, so alternate roads need to be accessed to reach either of those destinations. Exits from I-94 would be clearly marked in advance so drivers would know where to change roads.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2013, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes View Post
Both Gary, IN (possibly where friend of TP's lives) and Crete, IL (TP has relatives here and was with them Thanksgiving weekend) aren't directly along I-94, so alternate roads need to be accessed to reach either of those destinations. Exits from I-94 would be clearly marked in advance so drivers would know where to change roads.
I had the impression the PI said in a westerly direction. I thought he was rather vague. Perhaps on purpose. What should be noted as BDE pointed out there are many possible routes that can be accessed as one approaches the Indiana/Illinois state line. You have 80/90 that splits with 80 going west towards Iowa whereas 90 goes west and finally north to Wisconsin and ultimately east. Then there is 65 than runs south to Alabama. Anyone who may have spotted her or helped could be anywhere. Also want to note that many going to Crete area use Route 30.

Last edited by georgiasblu; 12-25-2013 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Wrong direction. East should be west
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to georgiasblu For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2013, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes View Post
I went through Gary about a week ago on I94. When did they move it?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bwt42 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2013, 02:31 PM

It is time for the cheese to solve this atlas problem
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to goldenbear For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2013, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwt42 View Post
I went through Gary about a week ago on I94. When did they move it?
I-94 doesn't go through Gary but skirts the bottom of the city. 90 is the primary road into Gary and Chicago.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2013, 02:53 PM

Okay, first off, Merry Christmas all, I wish these stories always had happier endings.. Or weren't so mysterious.

As I stated yesterday, I drove down the stretch of I94 and came up with a few possible scenarios/theories. Please know that these are all my own opinions based on information we have or information we assume in each scenario.

First thing first, I started on exit 60 in Michigan (Paw Paw) and traveled to exit 16 in Indiana, just a few miles past where her car was found. It took me exactly 2 hours. I was doing 60-65MPH the majority of my travel, I did not stop anywhere. Now knowing where Teleka last was, Borgess, Kalamazoo, she likely entered I94 on exit 76-78 - making it very probable that it could have taken that long..

Also, I find it VERY hard to believe that someone didn't see SOMETHING - Not once on my drive from 11pm-1am and 1am-3am was I ever not able to spot another motorist.. Someone saw something, period. It is right in the area that starts getting congested. Also, well lit with a very large factory of some sort on the same side of the road right after she went off.

Regarding driving erratically, that section of 94 is quite bumpy, if someone had bad suspension, they may be trying hard to control the car from all the bumps, just a thought. I have good suspension and I had to keep fixing the wheel to drive straight.

There are signs on how far to Gary, everywhere. Including about 10 minutes before she went off. Regarding the hotel, if she did in fact go to Comfort Inn and ask directions, and then took of the wrong way, she may have then turned around, been frustrated, drove erratically and went off.

The ditch is not deep. She could have gone off at a decent MPH and not had much damage to her car.. I almost feel weird calling it a ditch, because its not really.

Regarding rest stops, there is one just entering Indiana, and there is a visitor center a few miles before she went off The road. Lets say she went to Comfort Inn, got direction, went the wrong way, pulled off at the visitor center, someone abducted her (I know someone said the PI said someone thought they saw her waving her arms getting into a vehicle) perhaps there were 2 people, one that abducted her, and one drove the car down the road a few miles to ditch it and make it look like an accident, that makes her disappearing from going off The road so fast a possibility in that scenario.

#TeamConnor
#CureSMA
#ConnorStrong

www.facebook.com/prayersforconnor
Old 12-25-2013, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrssmith23 View Post
snipped for space

Regarding rest stops, there is one just entering Indiana, and there is a visitor center a few miles before she went off The road. Lets say she went to Comfort Inn, got direction, went the wrong way, pulled off at the visitor center, someone abducted her (I know someone said the PI said someone thought they saw her waving her arms getting into a vehicle) perhaps there were 2 people, one that abducted her, and one drove the car down the road a few miles to ditch it and make it look like an accident, that makes her disappearing from going off The road so fast a possibility in that scenario.

#TeamConnor
#CureSMA
#ConnorStrong

Some scenario similar to this has crossed my mind too. Perhaps there were 2 people that abducted her and one was driving her car? That could explain the fast getaway. It wouldn't explain dogs following her scent from the car to the highway but I'm not overly sold on that anyways. It's possible 2 people abducted her way prior to the car found location or even back at Borgess and perhaps they pulled over at the visitor center or some rest area where she was spotted waving her hands in the car? The only thing that confused me about that was the witness said he saw her get in the car then wave her hands.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Psychic Sleuth For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2013, 03:45 PM

I'm trying to fit a timeline into the Comfort Inn sighting and the rest stop sighting if those were indeed her. What if she was carjacked somewhere near the Comfort Inn by 2 people. One person jumped in her car and the other one followed. I wish we knew what rest stop the possible sighting was but if it was the truck stop on hwy 20 just down the road from the Comfort Inn could they have then taken back roads then jumped back on I-94 headed west when the car went off the road? The driver grabs her and they quickly jump into accomplice #2's car and take off?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Psychic Sleuth For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2013, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by concernedmother View Post
She may have made it to the road to flag down help and a truck driver stopped and picked her up.
This is what I am think about her waiving her arms...if she were waiving her arms in the midst of someone grabbing her...I am sure this would have been mentioned, as it would have been a witnessed abduction.

I'm still of the mind that Taleka is possibly with a person she is choosing to be with OR she may in fact have suffered some psychological distress and is in shelters, etc.

I'd like to hear what her co-workers have to say about her behavior at least a week leading up to her disappearance...and why does the detective call her behavior agitated?
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Prosecution_Rests For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2013, 03:59 PM

I agree that someone probably saw something, or even picked her up and dropped her off somewhere, but unless this story were to receive a national bombardment of media coverage, it is unlikely that this person would come forward. Chances are if she were scooped up at that time of night it would've been by an out-of-state traveler/truck driver, and unless they are made aware of the situation they would just be thinking they helped out a random traveler after an incident (i.e. took her to the next exit/loaned her a phone to call someone/etc.). Of course, there is also the possibility that she hitched a ride from a bad person, but right now I'm not seeing that.

Which reminds me - if she was picked up by a random friendly, and if she wasn't on the run/was of sound mind, then she would've almost certainly used the samaritan's phone to call LE/AAA/her family/a coworker/etc. (or she would've gotten a ride to a nearby phone and done the same) If she was on the run, then she still may have used said phone, but instead called the person or persons she was going to hide out with to come pick her up. That person or persons may have been the individual(s) alluded to by the PI, or it may have been someone different altogether.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DocBrew For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2013, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychic Sleuth View Post
Some scenario similar to this has crossed my mind too. Perhaps there were 2 people that abducted her and one was driving her car? That could explain the fast getaway. It wouldn't explain dogs following her scent from the car to the highway but I'm not overly sold on that anyways. It's possible 2 people abducted her way prior to the car found location or even back at Borgess and perhaps they pulled over at the visitor center or some rest area where she was spotted waving her hands in the car? The only thing that confused me about that was the witness said he saw her get in the car then wave her hands.
Perhaps she got in a car thinking she would get help, upon entering discovered she was in danger? I don't know, I am just trying to come up with anything.

#TeamConnor
#CureSMA
#ConnorStrong

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mrssmith23 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2013, 04:10 PM

I truly do not rely on the dog scent. It was 6-7 days AFTER she was reported missing, and who knows if it was HER scent, or someone who drove the car..

Also, the car was reported BEFORE she was actually reported missing. I have left a vehicle on the side of the road before, and I guarantee that nobody searched me out. They towed it and sent me a letter. The cops responded to an unknown accident to find an abandoned car.. Did they REALLY do anything looking into any foul play? They constantly said in the beginning they suspected no foul play. I wonder what evidence has already been compromised, I feel probably a good amount. Generally, your car gets a sticker and you have 48 hours to move it. They won't search the vehicle and finger print and look around the general location. A killer could have had her bound and silenced hiding in the trees, the cops probably wouldn't have even noticed. A car on the side of 94 is not a suspicious enough event to raise any alarms to local LE, even with a call of erratic driver and unknown accident.. They could have assumed it was some drunk.. They didn't even know she was missing until the next morning and it took days for ISP and KPS to connect heads and links.. Just a thought..

#TeamConnor
#CureSMA
#ConnorStrong

Old 12-25-2013, 04:12 PM

I just can't imagine her hitching a ride that quickly. Like I had previously stated, being a female, if I went off of 94 at night, I would have flashers and lights on and probably not even attempt to get someone to pull over for fear of my safety.. She was gone FAST.

#TeamConnor
#CureSMA
#ConnorStrong

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to mrssmith23 For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread