GUILTY MO - Hailey Owens, 10, Springfield, 18 Feb 2014 #3

I am thinking that the farm in Ash Grove was probably owned by CMW's grandparents, (Jim D Woods parents) where a will was filed after JHW's death (according to casenet.mo filings) JDW's address at that time was on Mirabeau, as well as both boys. As far as I can tell. That was in 1992. It could be the property in Marshfield may have been from their mother's side of the family, I'm not sure.

You may be right. However, I think the way public schools work, a person has to be a 'resident' (at least a property owner) for his child to attend the public school. People who own property or 'reside' in two locations can choose which school system to attend.

What years was JDWs a teacher in Springfield? Does anyone know?

Welcome to web sleuths bookkeeper thank you for your post. I hope any past victims who may have been abused also come forward. I don't think this is his first crime either his whole life will need to be reviewed to find out about crimes he may have been involved in the past.

Years and years ago I did a clinical rotation at Avenel in NJ. I was talking to a friend that currently works there about this very thing.
Apparently, some people just view child *advertiser censored* and never offended and some commit their first offense way late in life when the child *advertiser censored* doesn't work for them anymore.

So perhaps that explains it.

http://articles.philly.com/1987-12-...te-prison-overcrowded-prison-prison-officials

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure the reason for the question is only to establish location, correct?

The question is to establish both location and time frame. The time frame to compare any other instance during similar time and location. Sorry about the full names.

Curious too about the change of judge... (random, I know)

(BBM)
Years and years ago I did a clinical rotation at Avenel in NJ. I was talking to a friend that currently works there about this very thing.
Apparently, some people just view child *advertiser censored* and never offended and some commit their first offense way late in life when the child *advertiser censored* doesn't work for them anymore.

So perhaps that explains it.

http://articles.philly.com/1987-12-...te-prison-overcrowded-prison-prison-officials

There is nothing "just" about it - it is a crime and those children depicted are victims of sexual abuse and exploitation. There actually is very little solid information available to support this and what little information there is is gathered based on self-reports by those arrested for CP. Do you really think they're going to admit to sexually assaulting a child? Most victims of sexual abuse never tell. Child molesters/pedophiles are masterful manipulators and liars and the last thing they want is to have their kiddie *advertiser censored* taken away; better for them to convince everyone that it's harmless and that it "helps" them to resist their urges to assault a child - BS!

Hello Everyone,

I have been following this forum and thread and a new poster. I live about 20 miles from Springfield and just a few miles from Ash Grove. Just last year, we lost Audriaunna Horton in Golden City, Mo. Within an hour she was abducted, body found and murderer arrested. Now, Hailey. It is disgusting and just heartbreaking. CW is very perplexing. 45y/o and a relatively clean record. Has someone been using money to clean up after him? It seems as though everything else has been provided for him. It seems he felt very confident in taking Hailey to his home - knowing the clean up that would be involved? It appears that taking her there was not out of desperation because that was his plan as evidenced by the prior purchases of bleach. I am wondering if anyone would happen to know the specifics for JDW's teaching career? I am presuming CW was pulled into the Springfield educational system through his retired teacher (social studies/coach) father. On Facebook, JDW is referenced (I think) as faculty at Missouri State University. When questioned by LE, one of CW's alibis was that he was driving near Missouri State? I have heard "talk" that JDW retired from the Springfield educational system. If so, which schools was he affiliated? Also, at Missouri Case.net - the defendant's address is shown as Ash Grove - not Springfield - why? CW's role as supervisor for kids in trouble (suspensions) is quite worrisome. Many times, it is the troubled ones that are looking for a "friend". Now that CW is locked up, I'm hoping others will feel secure enough to come forward to help the prosecution.

My apologies for rambling, thank you in advance for listening to the wheels turn.

Welcome to Websleuths! Thanks for joining to share your local perspective on this case.

What years was JDWs a teacher in Springfield? Does anyone know?

I know it is a hairs distinction but I do think it is an important one, we cannot sleuth JWD but I do not think that is what is being suggested by any of our members.

Rather, you guys are rightly trying to ascertain the perp's locations at varying points of his life in order to try and suss out if information about this or other as yet known cases of criminal activity may exist that could be traced back to this perp.

I wanted also to comment on a post of yours from the previous thread that I agree with. There are many financial advantages to titling things in a trust rather than an individual's name. There are also benefits such as avoiding probate after death by titling property into trusts or using Transfer on Death Deeds, Quit Claim Deeds etc to to the same thing after the purchase so that probate is not a necessity after death. I have seen things titled in trusts to avoid them being counted as assets in an individual bankruptcy, etc. It is not at all uncommon to have things in a trust.

So I agree, Woods having most of his belongings of value (vehicles, residence, etc) titled in the trust are not a tell tale sign of someone covering his but or having knowledge that his butt needed covering. That is only ONE possible reason for such titling in the trust. Most of the others are perfectly legitimate and not at all unusual.

I think it most likely that the reason these items are titled in the trust is perfectly legitimate.

tlcya, thank you. I think you get what I'm trying to establish. I do not believe there is anything inappropriate about the trust. To me it is immaterial to this case. The trust didn't make him do this crime, or enable him to.

I am not trying to sleuth JDW or anyone else for any other reason than CMW's name is comingled in deeds and license registrations and addresses. In order to establish CMW's prior history that has not been documented should be investigated thoroughly.

If that is wrong. Please let me know.

I think some have the impression that because someone is a beneficiary of a trust they are trust fund babies. Or because someone has a trust it means they are among the super rich. Neither is necessarily true. Because of our work in our chosen fields we both see lots of people who we would not be considered to be trust fund babies or very wealthy making use of trusts for one reason or another.

The only reason the trust is an issue worth noting at all is because it was brought up in relation to the DA suggesting that it was inappropriate to appoint a public defender. But without knowing the type or structure or the trust we o not even know if the DA is accurate in that assessment.

(BBM)

There is nothing "just" about it - it is a crime and those children depicted are victims of sexual abuse and exploitation. There actually is very little solid information available to support this and what little information there is is gathered based on self-reports by those arrested for CP. Do you really think they're going to admit to sexually assaulting a child? Most victims of sexual abuse never tell. Child molesters/pedophiles are masterful manipulators and liars and the last thing they want is to have their kiddie *advertiser censored* taken away; better for them to convince everyone that it's harmless and that it "helps" them to resist their urges to assault a child - BS!

The only research I consider valid when it comes to sex offenders
is when they're polygraphed. And even polygraphed sex offenders research studies... Only can gather from those that have been caught & convicted.

I didn't mean "just" as in it was an innocent, legal or otherwise not despicable conduct.

I regret my use of the word "just"... It was a poor choice for sure!

I think some have the impression that because someone is a beneficiary of a trust they are trust fund babies. Or because someone has a trust it means they are among the super rich. Neither is necessarily true. Because of our work in our chosen fields we both see lots of people who we would not be considered to be trust fund babies or very wealthy making use of trusts for one reason or another.

The only reason the trust is an issue worth noting at all is because it was brought up in relation to the DA suggesting that it was inappropriate to appoint a public defender. But without knowing the type or structure or the trust we o not even know if the DA is accurate in that assessment.

Well put, tlcya. Thanks for posting this. :)

When I think about the preparation/precautions he did take vs didn't take - he prepared for cleaning up after which was a certainty but not for being seen which is less certain. He either lacked the time to plan regarding that or he was unable to. To me this suggests he was not taking past successful attempts into account.

Just because this kind of crime usually starts escalating from the teen years doesn't mean this is a scenario that is set in stone. It is usually men but the occasional woman abducts, rapes and murders. Profiling trips the experts up at times.

I mean really, he was rubbish at this. He didn't even manage 6 hours of freedom afterwards. He has studied this kind of thing, and websleuthers could probably write a 100 point laundry list of tips to assist with not getting caught from our time spent reading this stuff. I just think his lack of history, that no one has come forward in this week regarding being abused, and the brazen high risk, poorly thought out crime speaks to someone who has had something change suddenly. If not his innate desires, then his ability to moderate himself. It reminds me of this http://www.newscientist.com/article...-uncontrollable-paedophilia.html#.Uw7qYZJmjLQ

I've been trying to do some research on the amber alerts effect on arrests, rescue, and recovery. The Amber alert could have freaked him out and he lost control of the situation. He could have also freaked out and killed her earlier than he intended to. Although I don't know what have been worse, being sexually tortured for years or death. Although Amanda Berry and the other girls from Ohio are obviously glad to be alive but have a long road ahead of them.

The only research I consider valid when it comes to sex offenders
is when they're polygraphed. And even polygraphed sex offenders research studies... Only can gather from those that have been caught & convicted.

I didn't mean "just" as in it was an innocent, legal or otherwise not despicable conduct.

I regret my use of the word "just"... It was a poor choice for sure!

:seeya: Sorry for coming across so intensely Linda. I know you are one of the staunchest child advocates on this board and, while I may not always agree with you, I respect and admire you and the passionate expression of your views. :hug:

When I think about the preparation/precautions he did take vs didn't take - he prepared for cleaning up after which was a certainty but not for being seen which is less certain. He either lacked the time to plan regarding that or he was unable to. To me this suggests he was not taking past successful attempts into account.

Just because this kind of crime usually starts escalating from the teen years doesn't mean this is a scenario that is set in stone. It is usually men but the occasional woman abducts, rapes and murders. Profiling trips the experts up at times.

I mean really, he was rubbish at this. He didn't even manage 6 hours of freedom afterwards. He has studied this kind of thing, and websleuthers could probably write a 100 point laundry list of tips to assist with not getting caught from our time spent reading this stuff. I just think his lack of history, that no one has come forward in this week regarding being abused, and the brazen high risk, poorly thought out crime speaks to someone who has had something change suddenly. If not his innate desires, then his ability to moderate himself. It reminds me of this http://www.newscientist.com/article...-uncontrollable-paedophilia.html#.Uw7qYZJmjLQ

Woah, that's a first! Interesting article, ozazure.

there was a Law and Order Special Victims episode based on this some years back A female character was sexually abusing (with his willing participation) a student. It seemed like the episode was going to be modelled after the case where the teacher had an "affair" with student, got pregnant by him etc. The plot twist was that this woman had a very rare tumor that caused her to have hypersexualization and zero impulse control.

I think it would be very unusual if that were the case with this guy. Much more likely that he has acted out in smaller ways in the past and this is not a SUDDEN proclivity for him but the first time he has killed or has acted so impulsively as to snatch a girl off the street in front of witnesses in broad daylight.

there was a Law and Order Special Victims episode based on this some years back A female character was sexually abusing (with his willing participation) a student. It seemed like the episode was going to be modelled after the case where the teacher had an "affair" with student, got pregnant by him etc. The plot twist was that this woman had a very rare tumor that caused her to have hypersexualization and zero impulse control.

I think it would be very unusual if that were the case with this guy. Much more likely that he has acted out in smaller ways in the past and this is not a SUDDEN proclivity for him but the first time he has killed or has acted so impulsively as to snatch a girl off the street in front of witnesses in broad daylight.

That law & order episode was modeled after a real case.

http://neurocritic.blogspot.com/2009/10/unusual-changes-in-sexuality-case.html?m=1

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn2943-brain-tumour-causes-uncontrollable-paedophilia.html

Lets hope his family or lawyers don't read this forum and that gives them ideas

They might well be wondering already. But, these are rare cases and easily provable or not with scans.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back