MS MS - Myra Lewis, 2, Camden, 1 March 2014 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quill, In a link I posted yesterday, LE said they were not called until hours after the child went missing. :)

I assume Quill meant that time of disappearance and time of disappearance discovery could be hours apart, and we don't know when the police were called in relation to when the parents realised she was gone. For a slightly silly example, a couple of weeks ago one of my children was in a rather hideous mood. I saw them head for our stairs but didn't see them go up around 1pm, then silence came. I assumed that they were napping (ill), and left it alone. Several hours later I went to wake them up for dinner and couldn't find them. So if I had called the police, time of disappearance would have been several hours earlier but discovery of disappearance would have been much more reasonable.

(For the record, the kid had crawled under a bed and fallen asleep. No cops needed. )

I assume Quill meant that time of disappearance and time of disappearance discovery could be hours apart, and we don't know when the police were called in relation to when the parents realised she was gone. For a slightly silly example, a couple of weeks ago one of my children was in a rather hideous mood. I saw them head for our stairs but didn't see them go up around 1pm, then silence came. I assumed that they were napping (ill), and left it alone. Several hours later I went to wake them up for dinner and couldn't find them. So if I had called the police, time of disappearance would have been several hours earlier but discovery of disappearance would have been much more reasonable.

(For the record, the kid had crawled under a bed and fallen asleep. No cops needed. )

Yes we do know, I posted it a few minutes ago. look up ^^
LE said they were not called until 4pm. 6 hours after the child went missing or rather was last seen.

Quill, In a link I posted yesterday, LE said they were not called until hours after the child went missing. :)

I think that there is more than enough reason to think that they did not just sit for six hours without calling LE. It is still possible that they are going back to when the mother left home for the "missing" time. If it indeed comes out that the father thought Myra went with the mother, that could account for the length of time between "missing" and "reported missing". How do you report someone missing when you think they are safe? Mom gets home, horrified when she realizes Myra isn't there. Dad is horrified that she isn't with mom. They begin to search the property frantically. They call family members.

Something that you all must remember as far as timing goes, is that we don't know where mom went shopping. This is a rural area. We have lots of forests and farm land. Towns in MS are fairly spread out. If she wanted to go farther to town for a larger grocery she could have driven 30, 45 min. or even an hour one way, depending on what kind of store she wanted to go to. People here do it all the time. So much so that I see them loading their groceries into an ice chest in the trunk of their car. My mom had to do that when I was a kid. Add time to that if she had other errands to run. Then she has to drive home.

These are my opinions. I have no way of knowing exactly what happened. But I do know how people here live. Until I hear otherwise, I just can't make those leaps.

Yes we do know, I posted it a few minutes ago. look up ^^
LE said they were not called until 4pm. 6 hours after the child went missing or rather was last seen.

The article doesn't say when they were called in relation to discovery of disappearance, which was my point. We know she was last seen at 10 am, but when did her parents REALISE she was missing? In my ridiculous example, I had last seen the kid at 1pm and that would be the likeliest time of disappearance, but I didn't discover them "missing" until 5ish when I called them for dinner. If I had called the cops at 5:20 after an initial mad dash looking, the kid was missing for nearly 4.5 hours but I had only known for 20 minutes and sounds a lot less suspicious.

The article doesn't say when they were called in relation to discovery of disappearance, which was my point. We know she was last seen at 10 am, but when did her parents REALISE she was missing? In my ridiculous example, I had last seen the kid at 1pm and that would be the likeliest time of disappearance, but I didn't discover them "missing" until 5ish when I called them for dinner. If I had called the cops at 5:20 after an initial mad dash looking, the kid was missing for nearly 4.5 hours but I had only known for 20 minutes and sounds a lot less suspicious.

Hey argue with the sheriff, not me.
I'm posting a quote from the sheriff.

Hey argue with the sheriff, not me.
I'm posting a quote from the sheriff.

I'm not arguing with you. Justice2013 stated that the parents waited six hours to report her missing, when the sheriff has said nothing to indicate whether they waited six hours or six minutes. It was an important distinction to note, before it was repeated until it became "fact" and resulted in pitchfork shenanigans.

HOW is it a leap if the Sheriff said the child disappeared around 10 yet LE wasn't called until 4pm? :scared:

I think the difference in what we are saying has to do with when they KNOW that they last saw her and with when they DISCOVERED her to be missing. I'm saying that it is possible that dad thought she went with mom. Mom told the girls to go inside to wash their hands as she was leaving. I'm suggesting the possibility that they did not discover her missing until mom returned home. See my previous post as to why it might have taken her some time to do her shopping and then factor some time for a frantic search of the property before making the call to the sheriff.

The last missing child we had in our area didn't get off the school bus that afternoon. People said the same things about her parents. 5 people have plead guilty to kidnapping in a very bizarre case and her parents were innocent. Fortunately, that precious little girl made it home and appears to be doing great.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/21/jesse-mae-brown-kidnapping_n_4319509.html

She's a baby :( I hope this is exactly like the other little girl who wandered off into the woods and Myra is home with her family really soon.

I have read this. Several times. I actually read it Sunday morning on my FB newsfeed before it ever had a thread on WS. These are indeed facts. But basic facts. They had these facts early on when they were searching those thick forests over there in northwestern Madison county. There are several possibilities in between the lines. I'm not one to grab onto only one scenario especially since I was not there when this transpired nor was I there to hear the details that LE has at their disposal. I have confidence in LE, but just in case you don't, my local NBC affiliate WLBT news reported that the FBI has been called in. I haven't been able to find that in a linkable source. Hopefully we will soon find out more so that Myra can be found. But until then, I just think I'll just sit tight.

I wonder how long they lived in that home. Thinking maybe the siblings had a hiding spot or fort or something. I'm just worried sick about this little one. IMO

I wonder how long they lived in that home. Thinking maybe the siblings had a hiding spot or fort or something. I'm just worried sick about this little one. IMO

Great thinking! Like playing hid and seek... my two boys never wanted the other to know his best spots. But I always made them tell me... just incase. My youngest would fight sleep alot... so if he got still for to short time he would fall alsleep.

Quill... what do you know, if anything, about cell reception in this area? I know there are several areas where my husband works "in the woods" here in west Alabama that he loses signal.

Just thinking.... maybe a lot of their family lives in the area. Maybe Dad said, "your sister stopped by about 2. Maybe she went with her?" Then the time is taken to contact the aunt, rather than immediately panicking. If cell reception is little to none, maybe they had to drive to these locations to find out. Many do not have home phones anymore. I have no family here, so my reaction would to be to immediately panic, but I have friends who live down roads where their whole family lives, and it's not unheard of for the children/cousins/etc. to travel between homes. Maybe little Myra really wanted to go with mom, so she started walking back towards the road thinking she could catch up with mom.

Do we know her birthdate? There's really a huge difference between just turned 2 and almost 3.

On Monday afternoon, Sheriff Randy Tucker said that in spite of reports that the search had been called off, officials are back on the scene combing the area again for any sign of 2-year-old Myra Lewis. He said at this point the investigation has not changed much since yesterday.

“We’ve gone back and analyzed our search, looking for new areas, so today we’re back with additional K9s,” Tucker said. “We’ll do some additional searching, and we have investigators following up on calls and contacts.”

http://www.clarionledger.com/articl...Madison-County-toddler-missing-since-Saturday

I wanted to add some info that I've read/heard on Nancy Grace's page on CNN website. It is being reported that at any given time there could be up to 10 children in the home. There were children playing outside when the mother left at 10am to go to the store. She instructed the children to go inside and they did. The father was in a back room looking after a newborn. At around 12 pm he went to make the children lunch and that is when he discovered Myra was missing. I haven't heard anything to explain why they didn't report her missing until 4. The family believes that at some point after the mom left, Myra went back outside without anyone knowing, and was abducted from the front yard. Not sure why they assume she was abducted and had not wandered off, unless they "know" that she wouldn't have gone off alone.

I just keep praying that this person who abducted her is someone who loves her and wanted her, not someone who would harm her. That's her best possible outcome.

Quill... what do you know, if anything, about cell reception in this area? I know there are several areas where my husband works "in the woods" here in west Alabama that he loses signal.

Just thinking.... maybe a lot of their family lives in the area. Maybe Dad said, "your sister stopped by about 2. Maybe she went with her?" Then the time is taken to contact the aunt, rather than immediately panicking. If cell reception is little to none, maybe they had to drive to these locations to find out. Many do not have home phones anymore. I have no family here, so my reaction would to be to immediately panic, but I have friends who live down roads where their whole family lives, and it's not unheard of for the children/cousins/etc. to travel between homes. Maybe little Myra really wanted to go with mom, so she started walking back towards the road thinking she could catch up with mom.

Do we know her birthdate? There's really a huge difference between just turned 2 and almost 3.

I was thinking about cell reception last night when I was looking at the aerial maps. I don't ever travel that area so I don't know. But we have those dead spots here and there all throughout the area. Lots of people have abandoned landlines in favor of cell phones, but I wouldn't do it if I lived in a dead zone. I haven't seen a birthdate.

You raise a good point, though. Sometimes in rural areas the kids are used to walking to a relative's house, even along the roadside, maybe with a parent, maybe without. I would hope they never let her go alone, but she may have gone by herself if left unattended and no one noticed. I just hope and pray they find her, whatever the case may be.

I wanted to add some info that I've read/heard on Nancy Grace's page on CNN website. It is being reported that at any given time there could be up to 10 children in the home. There were children playing outside when the mother left at 10am to go to the store. She instructed the children to go inside and they did. The father was in a back room looking after a newborn. At around 12 pm he went to make the children lunch and that is when he discovered Myra was missing. I haven't heard anything to explain why they didn't report her missing until 4. The family believes that at some point after the mom left, Myra went back outside without anyone knowing, and was abducted from the front yard. Not sure why they assume she was abducted and had not wandered off, unless they "know" that she wouldn't have gone off alone.
That wouldn't be the first time NG got her facts wrong. I put no faith in what she says anymore, she likes to sensationalize.

I have four kids of my own. On any given day, I can have up to ten or twelve in my house - three younger ones (brother and sisters) from down the street come to play with my younger two, my teenagers will often come home with friends in tow, and various other neighborhood kids might show up. On weekends, maybe a cousin or three will be in town too. It sounds insane (and sometimes it is, especially in winter when I want to throw them all outside but can't because the arctic freeze is in town lol :crazy: ) but really it's not as nuts as it sounds, and definitely not unusual at least for this house.

And the family members are considered victims,UNTIL, they are named poi's which they have not been. We're not allowed to place blame on them per the TOS. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592