GUILTY Pa - One Adult, 20 Students Stabbed At Murrysville High School, 9 April 2014

[modsnip]

Gotta love teenagers, you know his mom and dad are frantic and thankful and overwhelmed, while dude here just takes a cool, laid back selfie! :floorlaugh:

Good work, young man. Easy to overlook something so simple with an emergency going on around you, but you thought of it and did it! :loveyou:

What's really sad, no one is even shocked by this anymore...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gotta love teenagers, you know his mom and dad are frantic and thankful and overwhelmed, while dude here just takes a cool, laid back selfie! :floorlaugh:

Good work, young man. Easy to overlook something so simple with an emergency going on around you, but you thought of it and did it! :loveyou:

Ahhhh, boys and their boo boos! From the time they're tots they love band aides and scars!
That never seems to go away!

I'm pretty jaded, it's true. My hometown and high school had a ton of violence, and that was 22/25 years ago :)eek:).

What does kind of freak me out is the randomness of the school attacks these days. In my HS it was gangs, general criminal types, and while there were stabbings and shootings, it was pretty much intra-gang. Not random. Can only think of one random attack at the moment, on a girl I knew, and that was by knife in junior high. :(

UPMC EAST presser........paged trauma was coming.....they are not a trauma fac and had to transfer many

Ahhhh, boys and their boo boos! From the time they're tots they love band aides and scars!
That never seems to go away!

If he is anything like some guys I know, he will be using that scar as a conversation piece/pick up story for years to come lol.

IKR he's just "Chillin at Children's" and his parents are probably freakin' the freak out. I guess that's what happens when we get older and become responsible for another human being though. :giggle:

As bad as this is I'm just so thankful that there isn't any loss of life.

YAY Nate...you da man! :loveyou:

This makes me want to run and get my kids out of school and just hug them tight... this is so awful, WHY does it keep happening???? Breaks my heart for the victims and also the perp... praying for all involved

another presser, everyone will survive.
things are getting quiet.
reunification with parents, caregivers
ongoing police investigation
school crime scene
school shut down for several days
other schools open
counseling and support available
local, state and FBI involved

news says do not lie to your child, tell them 'yes' this could happen in your school. Teach them survival skills......

My sons' schools have done "school shooter/bad person" drills quarterly for several years. I happened to be at a school for one. It's basically lock yourself in a classroom, close the door blinds, turn off the lights and hide yourself wherever you can. I'm glad they are being prepared for this possibility, but it's heartbreaking that our kids need to go through this. Some of the kids get SO scared and start hysterically crying during the drills. It's horrible that our children need to go through this!! :(

My sons' schools have done "school shooter/bad person" drills quarterly for several years. I happened to be at a school for one. It's basically lock yourself in a classroom, close the door blinds, turn off the lights and hide yourself wherever you can. I'm glad they are being prepared for this possibility, but it's heartbreaking that our kids need to go through this. Some of the kids get SO scared and start hysterically crying during the drills. It's horrible that our children need to go through this!! :(

Yeah, it really bothers me too. :(. It's like the old "duck and cover" drills during the Cold War. How good can that be for a kid's psyche? :sigh:

I remember when my daughter had one of these drills in kindergarten, she was terrified, I had to come and pick her up! There was no warning that this was going to happen that day and she was not at all emotionally prepared, its terrible what our schools have become :(

My friends son was one of the kids stabbed. He is out of surgery. This is so unbelievable. Prayers to all.

I remember when my daughter had one of these drills in kindergarten, she was terrified, I had to come and pick her up! There was no warning that this was going to happen that day and she was not at all emotionally prepared, its terrible what our schools have become :(

Kindergarten?! Jeez Louise! I realize this is the new reality for our children, but there has to be a better way for children, parents and schools to deal with this, especially with such young children.

I am sorry your daughter had to go through that beth272.

I am deeply saddened at the news being reported by everyone here in this thread (I am trying to catch up). By no means am I an expert, but as a parent of two girls in elementary school, with one preparing to enter middle school next year, I have real fears about what lies ahead for them, and for all of our children.

The feeling that no one is safe is real. Yet, we strive to teach them to be proactive, and to not live in fear. The dichotomy is striking, and I'm left unable to answer the questions I know they will have for me (as well as my own).

:tears:

I'm surprised the boys name has not been leaked yet. With all the technology I would have thought it would be leaked in 10 minutes. Prayers!

Franklin Regional is my alma mater and i can't believe this happened here. Now, granted, I graduated quite a few years ago but this was a small town school where everyone knows everyone and even if someone did get "picked on" one day the next day everyone was buddy-buddy again. This is a fairly affluent area and I would never expect to see this happen here. One of my classmates said Murrysville isn't the Mayberry we all grew up in anymore. I'm so sad for all involved.

I'm hearing he was bullied, and if so our schools are not doing enough to protect our children from bullies. I've dealt with it myself and they are useless. I'd also like to know what script meds this kid is on. Way too many given antidepressants by family docs.

His poor parents :(

All the schools in this area have these kind of drills throughout the entire district. The elementary schools include kindergarten, so yes, the little ones are in them also.

If your child is in a school that is not having these drills, you should be asking why they are not having them.

This makes me want to run and get my kids out of school and just hug them tight... this is so awful, WHY does it keep happening???? Breaks my heart for the victims and also the perp... praying for all involved

My heart doesn't break for the perp. Why should it.

in regards to kids in kindergarten having drills, i just wanted to say that i agree it's very important for all the grades to be a part of. however, at my daughter's school the youngest grades are taught by playing a game, sardines. so basically the teacher says it's time to play a game, tells them how to hide and everything, and then the principal comes in and sees if he can find them. that way the kids aren't terrified during the drills but they know what to do if the teacher tells them it's time to hide, don't let the person coming in the room find you.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
locallady50
Back