Trial Discussion Thread #45 - 14.07.3, Day 36

Status
Not open for further replies.
The value of this story will be in the details to compare with what Oscar says he did in court to what he says and demonstrates on the video. No way can they be the same, just as his evidence in court was different from one sentence to the next. Also seeing his stump mobility is relevant and how quickly 25 secs, he can put on his stumps.
Anything Scott Roder says or does such as his outdoor door tests are totally useless and irrelevant.
Channel 7 reporters didn't even attempt to come to any conclusions.
Final poll 49 no didn't intend to kill Reeva and 51 yes he did.

I can't help but wonder at what point the state saw 'murder' rather than it being the tragedy that OP wants us to believe? There must have been things heard and seen from that crime scene that we'll never get to know about because of Botha but somebody suspected there was more to Reeva's killing.
It's murder, whether he knew it was RS in the toilet or not.

Thanks for all the updates and commentary everyone. Hopefully this video will be available for the rest of us sometime soon.

I can't help but wonder at what point the state saw 'murder' rather than it being the tragedy that OP wants us to believe? There must have been things heard and seen from that crime scene that we'll never get to know about because of Botha but somebody suspected there was more to Reeva's killing.

From what I've read, it was Botha that initially thought it was murder and that's why they got rid of him so fast, since he also had previous knowledge of OP's "domestic violence" history. I believe he was the arresting officer when OP hurt that girl's freshly uncasted leg by smashing his front door apart and part of it fell on her.

Fans were noisy so according to Scott , he wouldn't have heard Reeva get out of bed.

No mention of duvet/doona.

(from one of those trailers)
Roder says Pistorius' unwavering account of his movements that day and the physical evidence has him convinced of the Blade Runner's innocence.

Clearly he hasn't been following the trial! :rolleyes:

Fans were noisy so according to Scott , he wouldn't have heard Reeva get out of bed.

No mention of duvet/doona.
So how did he hear the window open in that case? I don't recall OP saying he turned either fan off, although I think things got pretty hazy around that issue.

(from one of those trailers)

Clearly he hasn't been following the trial! :rolleyes:

Clearly indeed.
I think this report has been put together for a while now and held just for the end of the trial.

So the still pic of OP sitting in the toilet is presumably before he then puts his prosthetics on to show how he manoeuvred 'Reeva' and he didn't actually try to move 'Reeva' without the prosthetics?

Screech is disastrous for OP - that's the exact word to describe the sound made by a shoe on tile or hard floor, in other words - "movement" (we all know that sound if you scuff a trainer/sneaker/front of shoe).

Thanks for the updates guys, amazing work

Lol, screech can be disastrous for sure, ask any Newfoundlander. :)

Many thanks to those of you who kept us up to date. I am hoping we shall get a chance to see it soon.

What does everyone think about whether or not this was a set up by the DT?

From what I've read, it was Botha that initially thought it was murder and that's why they got rid of him so fast, since he also had previous knowledge of OP's "domestic violence" history. I believe he was the arresting officer when OP hurt that girl's freshly uncasted leg by smashing his front door apart and part of it fell on her.

Quite possibly he was then the hero of the hour before becoming the villain?

What a case this is turning out to be! I don't think the video will be shown purely down to the amount of times I've waited for Nel to get to a crescendo moment and been disappointed. He's fantastic at the cross exam and a joy to watch but a bit of a let down when there appears to be a build up to something.

So this programme is not just the re-enactment. There also are interviews. Does anyone detect a bias or is it balanced?

Most of the re-enactment came from Roder & Oscar's perspective, trouble is that there was some glaring inconsistancies. I believe it's very damaging to the DT because of Oscar & the professor's testimony. The door being banged with the cricket bat was damning, shows they tinkered with the sound as testified to via Dixon

Yes it was made clear the uncle hired this team not the DT

Then it will be pro oscar and I'm not taking it seriously. Just interested why the DT were trying to stop it - legal reasons? conflicting defence witness testament since it was made? What do you all think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member