GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first article reports her as 3 months pregnant but her Facebook announcement was January 16th. That would put her at least 5 months pregnant now...right? An error in the article? Her absence is very worrisome!

I haven't read through the whole thread so I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but I believe that would make her nearly 7 months pregnant.

From what I've been able to gather, from various sources, is that Erin and her husband married about a year and half ago. He then went to Japan and she stayed at home with her parents. Last November, they both began living together at 29 Palms base. In January Erin announced her first pregnancy. She has a miscarriage. Current pregnancy is confirmed this past Father's Day.
The mom said she moved to 29 Palms alone?

Also why did she leave so early on Saturday morning? I'm hardly opening my eyes at that time. Again maybe me. Did she always get things done early in the morning? Is that her personality? I know it's hot as hell out there so maybe that is why she wanted to go early.

Yep, I'm assuming that it was to beat the heat - well, the worst part of the day's heat, anyway.

There are a LOT of sketchy people out in the desert. I wouldn't be surprised if she came across someone unsavory. I really hope there's video footage somewhere, at least of the car, and maybe of who was driving it to its last destination.

I haven't read through the whole thread so I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but I believe that would make her nearly 7 months pregnant.

I wanted to add that this is if she announced her pregnancy right after finding out, then she'd be nearly 7 months.

In case there are some new members here...as far as how the media reports things, unless it is a direct quote from LE, you cannot trust the info to be correct. There have been hundreds of examples, probably more (or sensationalistic reporting) on cases here, as well as just plain contradictory. It is a waste of time to read too much into the way things are worded by the media.

JMO

I wanted to add that this is if she announced her pregnancy right after finding out, then she'd be nearly 7 months.

It seems to have been established that this is a new pregnancy, following a miscarriage.

Question for Those in the Know:

Are there discharged Marines (ie no longer in the Military) who return from deployment to war zones (PTSD sufferers, maybe), who can't find employment, migrate/return to this area because they know it from when they were trained here and are angry for whatever reason(s) and maybe one sought revenge/retaliation at the way they perceived the Military treated them unfairly?

Most Sincerely, MoeJoey

Oh, another thing I was curious about: Erin's mom talked about how she had to talk Erin into getting a driver's license at age 18, but that she moved / flew all by herself to CA to be with her husband (which I guess was a big deal since she was shy and got lost easily, etc.).

Just wondering if she got the car in TN and it was driven out there for her, or if the car was purchased in CA. By the way they talk about how she has a terrible sense of direction / gets lost, I can't picture her driving practically cross-country... But if she did ever drive it from TN to CA, then I think that's pretty ballsy and I would kinda discount those remarks about her. Maybe she was becoming a bit more outgoing and/or brave as she grew up and got married. Was her 2013 car purchased brand new or slightly used?

I was somewhat surprised that a pregnant woman would want to go on a hike in 100+ degree weather, but not flabbergasted. Everyone's different and what's enjoyable to one person isn't necessarily enjoyable to someone else. But if it's true that she had a miscarriage, that's something else again. I can't see risking your baby just to go on a hike.

I agree, especially if she did have a recent miscarriage. After my miscarriage I was afraid to do anything with my subsequent pregnancy.

I don't think she was going on a hike? Just drove out to view the site for a possible picnic.

I don't think she was going on a hike? Just drove out to view the site for a possible picnic.

He said she left their home on the Twentynine Palms Marine base early that morning to scout out photogenic spots in Joshua Tree National Park. She and her mother planned to take pictures together in the park when Heavilin arrived from Tennessee to help celebrate her 20th birthday.

I'm on vacation but have been reading this thread. If she did pay to get into the park, did it have a time stamp?

Good question...

I just pulled out one of our entrance payment receipts from another National Park (Canyonlands)...they are all pretty standard...

There is, indeed, a time stamp on it...

However... I googled Joshua Tree National Park for entrance hours... They do not open until 9:00 a.m. each day of the week...

If Erin had entered before 9:00 a.m.... She may have not been issued an entrance receipt...

And... It has been mentioned by another poster that the military personnel at Twentynine Palms are issued a "free pass"... So I am not sure how that would work...

But... If she did enter after 9:00 a.m.... Then she would have gotten a time stamped receipt... Or may have had her pass "swiped" at the time she entered...

all... JMO

Nineteen-year-old Erin Corwin vanished without a trace more than a week ago. Corwin, the pregnant wife of a Marine, went missing in Southern California on June 28 while scoping out photography locations at Joshua Tree National Park.

"She was going to look for a couple places where we could go early in the morning and just take some pictures," Heavilin said.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/06/us/california-missing-marine-wife/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Perhaps something that they found in the car has given them reason to search the desert? Ex. What if she took her new camera with her and it was found in her car with pictures of where she had been?

Mel

I've asked the same question. Per the family they have not been told by LE that her phone has been found so they don't think it has been. I just can't figure out why they aren't searching the area where her car was found. That would make a lot more sense, in my opinion. Then again, what do I know? :banghead:

Wondering if she stopped someplace before she ever made it to Joshua Tree and something happened then?

I kind of pictured her just walking a bit, looking for spots that are photogenic...not necessarily climbing mountains. Jmo

My husband and I have been trying to have a baby, for a very long time. After a second fertility treatment, I got pregnant...I begged him not to tell anyone, since it had taken, so many years...but he told his mom, dad, ppl at work...so at almost 11 weeks at my dr. appointment, he couldn't find the heart beat. So I had to call my husband and tell him to tell everyone, I had lost it. It was so devastating to me. Esp. My mother-in - law is the most stressful person, you could ever meet. After, I had a d&c...i felt like a failure, I felt, my body had failed me. We are still "trying" but it's very emotional...ESP..when people, like in-laws put so much pressure on you. If she didn't tell her mom, about the second pregnancy, I would totally understand. I'm still very guarded and don't want to talk about it. It seems as though, mom is saying it was confirmed. Just my 2 cents and my opinion.

what if...food for thought. She has a history of a miscarriage. Maybe she started to have another one during her drive. Maybe the mention of foul play doesn't include anyone other than herself. Her mom seems confident in the husband. Mom didn't know about the pregnancy. LE not asking for help, sister in law use of the word timid. She could have spent the night at a ranch? why?
Just churnin' the mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member