GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
How bout this scenario?

- ML meets EC at the dirt area near the road. ML in a red car. EC in her Toyota.
- EC gets in the red car and drives out with ML to "celebrate her pregnancy" in the desert.
- NL is already there in the Jeep to meet them with an ambush.
- ML and NL drive away, one in the red car, one in the Jeep.
- They get rid of the red car (somewhere?)
- ML and NL return to the Toyota to move it farther away from the road.
- NL moves the Toyota 150' north, she gets out of the Toyota and walks to the Jeep. Bye bye.

OR....
MB eyewitness account is wrong.

Good Lord it is late, but who is ML please? Mine doesn't go quite like that. Although eyewitness account could be wrong, or heck, he might even have confused the days. Like it was Friday, and just happened to be blue car/red car there. Or Saturday before they got back with Erin's car and was some other folks totally unrelated. Yeah he saw cars and peeps, but they had nothing to do with Erin's car. Might just have been one similar to hers. But that's not my working theory, so here goes.

3 cars:
Blue car = Erin's Toyota
Red car = unknown, but am guessing borrowed for this scenario, possibly even rented
Jeep

Erin departs base 7am in blue car to meet up with CL in his Jeep, but someplace other than road found on. They head off to "hunt" in his Jeep and are followed by NL in red car (Erin unaware).

They leave Erin, most likely deceased, wherever they left her, which might even have been covered up in the back of the Jeep.

They head back to where she left her car -- but in the red car because they need to stay clear of town with the Jeep until they can properly "lose" the body.

NL gets into blue car and they each drive to Ranch Rd at Valley Vista to leave the blue car, and arrive there around 10am.

Beasley sees NL walking from blue car to red car and red car starting to depart.

NL and CL leave and maybe don't even head back to the Jeep until the next day (something she said about him needing an alibi for 6/29 mentioned in the probable cause statement).

Occurs to them that perhaps leaving the blue car that close to Valley Vista might make it spotted sooner and raise alarms, so now they stop to move the blue car. Blue car and Jeep drive up Ranch Rd 100 feet or so, and whoever is driving the blue car gets out and walks straight to Jeep and off they go in the Jeep, back to retrieve the red car wherever it was left.

Blue car not found until Monday, so it could have moved later Saturday or sometime on Sunday.

LE process the area immediately surrounding the blue car where found, with no knowledge that it may have been parked further south initially. if there are a lot of marks and some may have blown over in the dirt near the intersection, not so easy to pick up footprints and tracks there.

I can't see Erin ever getting into the Jeep in the first place if NL were ALSO there. But IMO, NL was up to her eyeballs in this, and if she went along to "help" it wouldn't have been in that Jeep unless gun was stuck to Erin's head as fast as she started to get into the Jeep.

Nothing about that is smart, but these 2 aren't going to win any awards in the intelligence department. HOWEVER they may have had no idea that Erin's excuse to her husband was trip to scout places to hike in Joshua Tree in 100+ degree weather with her mother in a couple weeks.

Otherwise seems they would have left her car in the Park and made it look like some accident happened to her.

Am so, so curious about base gate tapes from 6/28 thru late 6/29. Cars seen coming and going. When did his Jeep enter and exit those 2 days, and anything resembling red Kias or Hyundais in roughly same time frame. Like right behind the Jeep around 7am on 6/28.

Side note: are there cameras at all gates at Joshua Tree?

of course CL & NL might also own a red sedan we don't know about, but am leaning borrowed, in which case somebody NL knows best be using head and going to police. Any rental agencies around there with small compacts?

Somebody please poke holes in this mess. I'm tired and may have screwed up the thought process.

Wondering always about Susan Powell...

Me too! I lived in Utah just a 5 min. drive from where Susan lived when she dissipeared. I worry about the mine shafts with EC just as I did with Susan. :( I hate that we will probably never know what happened with Susan and dread the same for Erin. :(

Need to see JVM's transcript for tonight, I didn't see the beginning, but I am pretty sure that Jane said Mr B said that CL matches the man he saw. I might be hearing things so we just need to check the transcript, he was on the show.

Also I didn't notice in the search warrant any female shoes taken in. thought that was interesing due to trying to figure out if it was NL who might have left the prints at car recovery site. Might have been taken during July 1st warrant. dunno....thinking always thinking....

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/1225468-1765-001.html

This affidavit doesn't specify male or female but shows that two pairs of tan boots were seized when the ranch was searched. Maybe one pair belonged to CL and one belonged to NL.

If you meant CL instead of ML, I'm coming up with the same scenario. The more I learn about NL, the more I think she was there, very involved, probably the "brains" (if you can call it that) behind the murder, and I wouldn't rule out her being the one to actually carry out the deed as her way of "celebrating the pregnancy." Here's the questions I have...

After the witness saw them at 10:00 am, did CL then return to the scene of the crime and move Erin? If he wasn't gone until 4:00 pm (per the Statement of Probable Cause) why wouldn't he have said so...and been seen by people so he had an alibi?
Who was watching CL/NL's child from 7:30-10:00 am (if not longer) and why hasn't he/she come forward?
Who owns the red car, and if it's not CL/NL why hasn't he/she come forward?
Why was CL worried that he had no alibi for 6/29 (the FOLLOWING day), IF he returned at 4:00 pm on 6/28?
Why does the description of CL not fit very well?

You just type way too fast. But my annoyingly long description of how 3 cars fit pretty much mirrors yours. me and my dang details.

yeah, that babysitting thing. Frightening thought, but what if they took their child along? if not, I expect LE has spoken with neighbors and also the folks at the Ranch and may have those answers already.

Thank you, Nora Charles, for the videos and all you do for us here on the board, it is appreciated!

Just jumping off your post...

I just had an idea that hadn't occurred to me before now and this time of night, it may not make any sense, but it was like a lightbulb just clicked on. What IF it was JC and NL that MB the witness saw? The description by MB sure seems to fit JC and NL more than it does EC and CL (IMO). We all know there is lots that LE has discovered that we do not know and this may be one of those things. It might be a slim chance I know but it could be a possibility. It has been said somewhere along the line that NL had told JC about the alleged affair of EC and CL so it's possible that NL and JC were on friendly terms and trying to figure out together where their spouses were. However, no one wants to mention that JC and NL were there to check on the car as it may throw a wrench and/or unncessary attention into the picture that others feel isn't necessary at this time. Even if LE doesn't know, maybe just NL and JC know but have not disclosed it to anybody else (yeah I know hard to believe as it doesn't seem she knows how to keep her mouth shut too well). Maybe the red car was what EC's mother had been driving while there and/or a buddy of JC's from base?
Another thing that is puzzling about the witness MB also is THE “red” vehicle. Especially after LE says the tracks on the Jeep matched the tracks found near EC's car. The Jeep Cherokee that I saw in the video (the very short snip/clip of it) it sure didn't appear red to me but rather black, gray, or some dark color. All this is JMO.

ETA: As far as who the mystery "red" car belongs to, maybe it is what EC's mother was driving while she was there or JC or NL borrowed it from a buddy/friend, or the car was NOT red, or the witness account did not happen (period, literally). Off to bed...

Quoting myself now.
I initially wanted to believe MB but I am wondering if he was mistaken now. Even after re-interviewing MB, I believe the detectives think he is mistaken. They think his timeline is off. They think his sister's timeline is off. And most importantly, his story doesn't fit their tunnel vision.

Maybe not quite tunnel vision, but I think they found Erin's car before MB first had contact with LE. If they were only concerned with where the car was FOUND and it was indeed 100+ feet farther north, what did the area where MB said he saw blue and red car look like for churned up dirt and tire tracks etc. Heck, water guy, cops, everybody and his brother might have pulled in right on top of tracks right by the intersection.

Me not knowing boo about that fine dirt, I am curious how stiff breezes and wind gusts impact it, or does stuff just stay until a serious rain? Like the one they got on July 4th or 5th?

My 22 yr old daughter and I are very close. We talk on the phone once or twice a day. She lives an hour away and I see her quite often.

However, if she had something very disappointing to tell me, something that would be a big let down, she would probably delay it as long as possible.

If she were pregnant, and it wasn't her boyfriends, but was from an affair with a married man, she would probably wait and tell me in person. And she would not be in a hurry to tell me.

Yes, mom was coming for a visit, I think she just wanted to tell her in person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, y'all!

NL has a pinterest acct too under her first and last name (CL is following her.)

5 weeks ago she pinned this to her "WORDS" board...."The true mark of maturity is when somebody hurts you and you try to understand their situation instead of trying to hurt them back"

11 weeks ago..."Mean people don't bother me one bit. Mean people who disguise themselves as nice people bother me a whole lot."

14 weeks ago..."The biggest coward is a man who awaken's a woman's love with no intention of loving her."

17 weeks ago...."My entire life can be described in one sentence: it didn't go as planned and that's ok."

There are more.

Interesting.

That red car incident just seems so odd to me. I cannot make it fit naturally into the scenario as we know it. She left at 7 am. I doubt she waited until 10 am to meet up with someone in a red car. We would have heard by now if she had gone to breakfast or to the strip mall that morning for 3 hrs.

I think she met him after 7 and climbed into the Jeep. I don't know who was seen getting into the red sedan later that morning. But it is hard to believe they would kill her, then risk going back to move her car in broad daylight, hours later. If so, that is moronic. jmo

Maybe not quite tunnel vision, but I think they found Erin's car before MB first had contact with LE. If they were only concerned with where the car was FOUND and it was indeed 100+ feet farther north, what did the area where MB said he saw blue and red car look like for churned up dirt and tire tracks etc. Heck, water guy, cops, everybody and his brother might have pulled in right on top of tracks right by the intersection.

Me not knowing boo about that fine dirt, I am curious how stiff breezes and wind gusts impact it, or does stuff just stay until a serious rain? Like the one they got on July 4th or 5th?

I imagine the dirt where her car was found must be very similar, if not identical, to that found in JT. On the JT National Park website it states : "Tire tracks on the open desert can last for years ...."

Sounds like breezes, wind and even rain might not disturb it much.

http://www.nps.gov/jotr/planyourvisit/backcountry-roads.htm

That red car incident just seems so odd to me. I cannot make it fit naturally into the scenario as we know it. She left at 7 am. I doubt she waited until 10 am to meet up with someone in a red car. We would have heard by now if she had gone to breakfast or to the strip mall that morning for 3 hrs.

I think she met him after 7 and climbed into the Jeep. I don't know who was seen getting into the red sedan later that morning. But it is hard to believe they would kill her, then risk going back to move her car in broad daylight, hours later. If so, that is moronic. jmo

I am trying to find a scenario that fits, too. I keep coming back to the witness statement. He drove right by them and was very clearly looking at them (to get such a detailed description) but he didn't give any indication in his statement that the pair seemed nervous or attempted to turn away as he drove by, etc. If I had just committed a crime of this magnitude and was at the victim's car, in broad daylight, I would definitely have been concerned about a man driving right by me looking at me.

NL has a pinterest acct too under her first and last name (CL is following her.)

5 weeks ago she pinned this to her "WORDS" board...."The true mark of maturity is when somebody hurts you and you try to understand their situation instead of trying to hurt them back"

11 weeks ago..."Mean people don't bother me one bit. Mean people who disguise themselves as nice people bother me a whole lot."

14 weeks ago..."The biggest coward is a man who awaken's a woman's love with no intention of loving her."

17 weeks ago...."My entire life can be described in one sentence: it didn't go as planned and that's ok."

There are more.

Interesting.

Sorry to quote my own post but I just went through all of NL's pins on her Pinterest and, MOO, you can get a real feel for her based off of the things she pinned.

There were a few disturbing pins....one in particular of an exchange between a wife and a husband on her "Best Friends for Life, Husband and Wife" Board. A drawing of a man and a wife talking, the woman saying something along the lines of how she heard that role playing can spice up their relationship so she is going to play the other woman and seduce him away from his boring wife. In the next drawing underneath, the man is punching the woman across the jaw with blood splattering out of her mouth with the words "I am a devoted husband who loves my wife and hates home wrecking *advertiser censored*" above it. Underneath she typed that she didn't know if it was sweet or abusive. Pinned a year ago. She comes across as one tough cookie (for lack of a better description) in my opinion.

Sorry to quote my own post but I just went through all of NL's pins on her Pinterest and, MOO, you can get a real feel for her based off of the things she pinned.

There were a few disturbing pins....one in particular of an exchange between a wife and a husband on her "Best Friends for Life, Husband and Wife" Board. A drawing of a man and a wife talking, the woman saying something along the lines of how she heard that role playing can spice up their relationship so she is going to play the other woman and seduce him away from his boring wife. In the next drawing underneath, the man is punching the woman across the jaw with blood splattering out of her mouth with the words "I am a devoted husband who loves my wife and hates home wrecking *advertiser censored*" above it. Underneath she typed that she didn't know if it was sweet or abusive. Pinned a year ago. She comes across as one tough cookie (for lack of a better description) in my opinion.
Do you have a link?

Side note: are there cameras at all gates at Joshua Tree?

Yes. Multiple at the entrances.

See my post from very early on about cameras for more specifics (gates, elsewhere, timing, other cases they were used in)

But here's a short answer (from an article about this early on)

Entrances to the park are equipped with multiple surveillance cameras. Reached by telephone Tuesday, a Joshua Tree chief ranger declined to comment on whether Corwin had been spotted entering or exiting the park on surveillance.
http://www.cbs8.com/story/25971456/timeline-emerges-in-marine-wifes-mysterious-disappearance

I, too, have wondered if the people in the cars were JC and NL, not that JC directly had anything to do with harming Erin (which I don't think he did). But, I can't shake that the descriptions seem to match. Maybe JC left his post during his "sleep time" and borrowed a buddy's car that is red?
Thank you, Nora Charles, for the videos and all you do for us here on the board, it is appreciated!

Just jumping off your post...

I just had an idea that hadn't occurred to me before now and this time of night, it may not make any sense, but it was like a lightbulb just clicked on. What IF it was JC and NL that MB the witness saw? The description by MB sure seems to fit JC and NL more than it does EC and CL (IMO). We all know there is lots that LE has discovered that we do not know and this may be one of those things. It might be a slim chance I know but it could be a possibility. It has been said somewhere along the line that NL had told JC about the alleged affair of EC and CL so it's possible that NL and JC were on friendly terms and trying to figure out together where their spouses were. However, no one wants to mention that JC and NL were there to check on the car as it may throw a wrench and/or unncessary attention into the picture that others feel isn't necessary at this time. Even if LE doesn't know, maybe just NL and JC know but have not disclosed it to anybody else (yeah I know hard to believe as it doesn't seem she knows how to keep her mouth shut too well). Maybe the red car was what EC's mother had been driving while there and/or a buddy of JC's from base?
Another thing that is puzzling about the witness MB also is THE “red” vehicle. Especially after LE says the tracks on the Jeep matched the tracks found near EC's car. The Jeep Cherokee that I saw in the video (the very short snip/clip of it) it sure didn't appear red to me but rather black, gray, or some dark color. All this is JMO.

ETA: As far as who the mystery "red" car belongs to, maybe it is what EC's mother was driving while she was there or JC or NL borrowed it from a buddy/friend, or the car was NOT red, or the witness account did not happen (period, literally). Off to bed...

I still think that CL was being forced to take care of things by NL, the mastermind behind all of this. This is speculation, but I believe he "invited" another neighbor to go hunting (which he declined) as a last ditch effort to thwart what NL had planned for EC at JT. However, I believe they are using JT (with it's enormous size) to distract from the real location of Erin's body (which I still think has something to do with the ranch).

Finally, I just read on USA today that they are trying to still push the fact that EC is possibly voluntarily missing. I so wish this were true, but, given the time gone by and all the other evidence that has surfaced, I don't think so.

Does anyone know if NL was allowed to return to AK? Surely law enforcement didn't let her escape with any evidence?!

I believe NL would be spouting off already if JC had been with her or involved. She said enough to IM to make herself guilty of something. Would she have blamed him for something in those conversations?
IF somebody owns a red car, wouldn't that person come forward to say it had been borrowed?
Confusing stuff here, and I hope it all comes together soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Haororg