GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
They've said she missed two other appointments after this one.
Two more showings after the 5:30pm one? If she was showing homes to different clients, I'm sure they would have notified LE or the realty company to say that she never showed up. I'm not sure if that information would have been made public but LE can assume that the showings would have been with the same person if others haven't come forward.

Sorry I haven't read all MSM so who mentioned 2 more showings?

I think that someone saw her pic and took a fancy to her .She may have been stalked and wasn't aware of it. I dont think she just went there and something bad happened. I think she was lured there by someone with a agenda.

Two more showings after the 5:30pm one? If she was showing homes to different clients, I'm sure they would have notified LE or the realty company to say that she never showed up. I'm not sure if that information would have been made public but LE can assume that the showings would have been with the same person if others haven't come forward.

Sorry I haven't read all MSM so who mentioned 2 more showings?

If she had other showings it doesnt seem her husband was aware of it.

If I were her I would have had my purse with me and some sort of protection in it:
http://www.citiesjournal.com/the-14-most-dangerous-cities-in-the-usa/
Little Rock is the most dangerous city in the USA to live in:
With a total criminal rate of 96 per 1,000 residents, Little Rock is definitely one of the least safe cities in the US today.

Crime rates are so high that the average citizen’s chances of being involved in some form of crime are 1 in 10. Because of this, Little Rock has been given the lowest safety rating possible by Neighborhood Scout at a 1, where 100 is the highest rating possible.

It's uncommon to see "abducted" and "kidnapped" so early on in a case. It usually starts as "missing person". Perhaps the friends/family created these posters and used the wording they wanted to, but it also may be an indication that LE knows a lot more than what has been released.

This article even from almost 24 hours now says detectives believe she was abducted (it was published after the Sheriff made his address)

Detectives believe that Carter was taken from the home she was showing.

While one of the detectives said he believes Beverly was taken from the home, no description on the possible suspect or a vehicle have been released.

So I don't think it's coming from family and friends making their own wording choice.

It seems pretty likely that LE knows a lot more than we're hearing because they have been indicating they think it's an abduction from very early on.

http://www.arkansasmatters.com/stor...-on-search-of-be/89164/UikpIAyP4Ei-yJo80e5Vug

If she was planning on showing a couple of houses AFTER the Old River house...

then why was the husband alerted/concerned with her not arriving home so early?

:waitasec:

Really good question. I don't really know how long a showing normally takes, but last year when we bought our house we looked at several (3 at a time) and our agent blocked out 3 hours for all the showings (one hour at each place, although we didn't actually stay at any one place that long).

So if BC usually booked her showings the same way, with her first appt at 5:30, next at 6:30 and last at 7:30, she technically should have been home by around 9pm, right? (obviously I'm just speculating).

As for her attire when she was last seen: I've seen some really classy longer shorts and sleeveless blouses that look very professional and the shorts are no shorter than a typical skirt. But it doesn't really matter as far as I'm concerned because if this man was someone she knew, she obviously felt comfortable enough to meet him alone. If it was a stranger that targeted her, I don't think it would have mattered if she showed up in a gunny sack.

While she is an attractive woman, it's already kind of disconcerting to me that the media is honing in on that in almost every article I've read so far. Maybe it's just me, but that doesn't seem like something that should matter. She's a missing woman, missing under very suspicious circumstances, and THAT's what matters.

MOO & all that good WS lingo-stuff.

I drove that way today and I never thought about it until today, for the small community it is there is so many places and areas to cover all of a sudden the place seems huge like a million acres with a million nooks and crannies, all the farm land old barns houses cotton fields oh not just the water behind the house where she went missing but out by the plantation there is bear creek and there are no local or close by authorities that cruise around or you can call for help and they could be there fast, the Pulaski Co Sheriff responds so they have to come from Little Rock when needed. Mrs Carter lived down this way too not just showing a house there, I just can't help but think it was someone she knew or was a local too, I pray next time a search is to go out everybody that can will join in because it's gonna take a army to cover all that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you think she would go out of town without her purse? Maybe someone realized the phone might be pinging and drove that way to make it look like she could have left town. JMO

Would love to see any correspondence with any new FB friends and also her work email. If this perp was infatuated with her and lured her there he might have been communicating with her and she didnt think she would be in harms way meeting him there.

I think it's obvious she was abducted, whether stranger or otherwise, since there is (from what I have read), no sign of foul play in the house.

I saw a few posts on Craigslist in the "Housing Wanted" section from people looking to buy rural homes near Little Rock. Then I did a general search in the personals section for the keyword realtor and found this listing. Memphis is about a 2.5 hour drive from Scott. From what I've read about Beverly by friends who have known her for years, I can't imagine she'd ever be on Craigslist looking for a hookup, but I found the post interesting.

[modsnip]
RSBM

Holy cow. That sounds creepy to me ; and I don't consider myself to be a timid woman.
Most people with fantasies are probably harmless.... but there's always that tiny percent who may 'flip out'and become dangerous, if things aren't turning out like they'd planned. Just my opinion.
Hope Beverly is o.k.

Would love to see any correspondence with any new FB friends and also her work email. If this perp was infatuated with her and lured her there he might have been communicating with her and she didnt think she would be in harms way meeting him there.

I'm with you concernedmother!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a wild guess that the perp is right there in some of her communications. Now if LE can match it with the truck.

For whoever was asking & FWIW, under post made about Beverly (yesterday), there is a comment by JG-K (11 hours ago) stating Bev was suppose to show two houses & the person viewing was suppose to be from out of town.

The comment from DWB has quite a few facts as it seems..Creepy someone sent a text from her phone saying she was going drinking with friends and she doesn't drink. Hope they find her ok

http://www.trendmls.com/Guest/News/IndustryNewsShowDoc.aspx?InmanId=124488

"Carter, 49, was set to show two other properties that day, but never made her next appointments, Steve Brown, executive vice president at Crye-Leike, told Inman News."

Also, in this article, a link to the police report, but the witness name has not been redacted.

Snipped from police report...
... I observed that the key to the door lock was not on scene...

Nothing about the/a (realtor) lock box...

http://www.trendmls.com/Guest/News/IndustryNewsShowDoc.aspx?InmanId=124488

"Carter, 49, was set to show two other properties that day, but never made her next appointments, Steve Brown, executive vice president at Crye-Leike, told Inman News."

Also, in this article, a link to the police report, but the witness name has not been redacted.

How did the detectives know she was supposed to show the other property that they searched? Her husband would have had to tell them. Maybe he just started out at the first property and was going to go to the next one if he found nothing there when he was looking for his wife?

I lived in Little Rock for 18 years. Beverly's son works where I used to work. We have mutual friends on FB. I've asked if there is any word on the street, but have heard of none. Just that the family is asking for prayers and is devastated and frantic.

Her loved ones seem to be being far more proactive from the get go than we see in a lot of cases! :thumb: It's great to see!

And the fact that her husband reported her missing so quickly, and it wasn't 10+ hours like it seems we see so often in many cases now (heck, we've got many where even with teens it's 36+ hours!) along with them being so proactive could make the difference in the case.

300 to 400 friends, family and Realtors gathered on Faulkner Lake Road in North Little Rock on Saturday morning to look for Missing Realtor Beverly Carter.

Search parties divided up into two main groups to cover a two and half mile radius in the area where she was last seen in Scott. After 1 p.m. search parties divided up into into smaller groups to look west of and north of State Dairy Farm Road. Most searchers walked large areas by foot, while others took to ATVs, vehicles, and boats to search Old River Lake, the nearby body of water where Beverly Carter was last seen. The family also requested blood hounds.

A Centennial Bank account was established for a reward for information in helping locate Beverly Carter.

They already have a reward for information to help find her.

They've gathered a great size group of family, friends, and realtors (especially in a smaller town) and are already using a variety of different means to search - foot, ATV, vehicles, and boats.

And the family requested blood hounds.

Plus they've got others handing out flyers and searching and LE have their copter and their canines out.

Police are using a helicopter and search dogs to look for Carter. Volunteers and fellow realtors are also helping search and hand out flyers.

http://www.katv.com/story/26636607/authorities-seeking-the-publics-help-finding-a-missing-realtor

According to the sister she was only supposed to show two home this being the first one..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11