Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm heartbroken but I knew this would be the result :(

I've felt close to this case since we were visiting Virginia and North Carolina right after she went missing, with our last stop in Charlottesville a week after Hannah disappeared. While I was there I thought of Hannah. So very sad. Rest in peace, Hannah.

Is this the location, I zoomed in and it looks very premeditated, how would anyone even know this place existed? JLM knows the area well, as one ws put it "he was in his comfort zone". How far is Anchorage Farm from this area? < 5 miles? Thank you for the map. So sad and in shock, I hope she did not suffer. :(

Just to clarify I do not know this is where the remains were found. I was just going off the co-ordinates that oxenrider1966 posted, hoping for clarification.

Just my opinion, but MH was placed in that remote field. Hard to access, and to transport a body means one is likely to leave transfer more evidence. It is risky and seems calculated.

Leaving a body in a populated recreational park looks more impulsive to me. I know that serial murderers do not always have signatures, but it seems like there should be some key commonalities beside victims' physical appearance. Maybe that is not it. Just speculating...

Of course we now know the remains found today were not found in Walnut Creek Park, but (according to CNN's Jean Casarez) were found in an abandoned structure not far from the park.

would have been nice if they had named those detectives or provided a quote from one of them.

I agree. I just know I heard him say building or structure. I'm going to go find the PC again and watch so I can quote Longo. That's all I could find ATM

It's funny that all of us react differently. I'm always sadder when they can't find people, and the ones who are still missing just haunt me. So when they actually find somebody and I know they have possible evidence, it makes me feel better for the family and for the investigators. I always feel that those who are missing want to be found, and that's a peaceful thought to me.

Good point. I also would like to think that Hannah has been at peace since the day she left this earth. The angst, the uncertainty, the unrest, the not knowing rests with those of us on earth. MOO.

Hi all, so sad, her poor parents, I can't even imagine

Then why didn't LE home in on it weeks ago?? I would think they would concentrate on areas it is believed LJM knows well....

Because it's still like looking for a needle in a haystack. He's a local man, an ex taxi driver, he's lived in several locations, and gone to two universities. They couldn't cover every area that he's ever been. The main point is that they have found her, and hopefully can retrieve evidence that links him to her death.

<modsnip>

My understanding was that Gilamon's property was all the way on the other side of Rt 29... so it's not even close to Old Lynchburg Road.

I agree. I just know I heard him say building or structure. I'm going to go find the PC again and watch so I can quote Longo. That's all I could find ATM

Longo clearly says abandoned PROPERTY in the PC. I've seen it replayed like 10 times on CNN. No mention of STRUCTURE in the PC.

I was thinking about the time factor, LJ was working the night he murdered Morgan, I wonder how long before he would have been dispatched to another call. IMO , He would have more time undisturbed with Hannah then with Morgan because he was supposed to be working.

I thought I read he was "contracting" with the cab company. I think subcontractor cabbies work their own hours / be their own boss. But yeah, I wonder if they have a record of him signing off for the night after he picked up MH.

"Salute to CPD Chief Tim Longo, his department and all others involved in the search to bring Hannah Graham home"..

'I believe that every act of homicide causes a slight unbalancing in the world, and that it diminishes life’s universal equation. In the interest of justice, it is imperative that someone try to right that imbalance. But the task of fighting evil can take a terrible toll on the people who are charged with it. It can cost them their families, their equilibrium, their capacity for joy'.
Roger L. Depue

In this first-person account of becoming the FBI’s top serial-killer hunter and a member of a religious order in an attempt to discern the true nature of good and evil, Roger L. Depue retired Unit Chief of the Behavioral Analysis Unit at the FBI searches for an understanding of how evil develops.
http://criminalminds.wikia.com/wiki/Roger_L._Depue
Between Good and Evil is Depue’s look back at a life spent apprehending criminals, especially serial killers, first as a small-town police chief, then an FBI-SWAT team member, Behavioral Sciences Unit chief, and a developer of revolutionary law enforcement programs.

The book also examines Depue’s experience studying with the Brothers of the Missionaries of the Holy Apostles in an attempt to discover why a good person like his wife, whom he had lost to cancer, is allowed to die while monstrous criminals get to live.

Following his time in the clergy, Depue returned to law-enforcement and today heads one of the world’s most elite think tanks;
'The Academy'..
http://www.academy-group.com/depue.html

RE: "6ft tall and distinctive clothing"

Yes that was just me saying that the investigators would know or not if it was her or someone else due to her unique features.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592