PA - Shane Montgomery, 21, Philadelphia, 27 Nov 2014 #5

Does anyone have an accurate amount of time that was spent in the river searching underwater--not including the canal?
I think one day, they had 10 divers for 5 hours. I'm really surprised he wasn't found sooner.
I picture a quarter of a mile as 1 time around the track.

View attachment 66644
I think it would make sense if the point of entry was the parking lot.
He is found a quarter a mile downstream, where the river bank juts out.
I believe in these divers for sure, but how was he missed in such a short area to search
and it's narrower here and shallower.
5 weeks?... I'm confused.

Was the area where he was found, definitely searched before?

Funny too how all along we're told, the keys were found here (at the location by the wall) "but we don't necessarily believe it was his point of entry." Now I guess we're gonna be told it was after all? And if he did go in there at the wall, did he drown and sink there like all drowning bodies do initially, then emerge/come up later, then float downstream to his found location (if not, then why wasn't he found under there sooner when they found his keys?.......I get the impression they found him UNDER the water down at the brewery location.....not floating on top......so was this where he did go under at.....and if so, how did his keys end up UPSTREAM)? Or did he fall/jump in there at the wall, struggle to get out but couldn't and instead got carried away downstream and finally lost his battle down by that train track bridge and went under there? But wouldn't people at the brewery see him flailing about and yelling out there that night? Just something still seems off to me.

View attachment 66644
I believe in these divers for sure, but how was he missed in such a short area to search

Funny too how all along we're told, the keys were found here (at the location by the wall) "but we don't necessarily believe it was his point of entry." Now I guess we're gonna be told it was after all? And if he did go in there at the wall, did he drown and sink there like all drowning bodies do initially, then emerge/come up later, then float downstream to his found location (if not, then why wasn't he found under there sooner when they found his keys?)? Or did he fall/jump in there at the wall, struggle to get out but couldn't and instead got carried away downstream and finally lost his battle down by that train track bridge and went under there? But wouldn't people at the brewery see him flailing about and yelling out there that night? Just something still seems off to me.

Excuse me if this was already answered but do we know if he was found floating or if divers found himnear the bottom?

Oh WTH, by the time I got caught up on all the posts and got to this page, I see that Shane has been found. Damn! This really breaks my heart as I honestly was still hoping he was alive. I know that's crazy. And it's even more heart breaking that his poor parents were there to see them pull their dear son out of that water. So incredibly sad. But I am glad that they found him. I had no doubt the Garden State Underwater Recovery Unit would if he was in there. Damn!

My thoughts exactly...

RIP, dear Shane...

:praying: for those that love him...

:candle:

Early on I speculated Shane may have walked the rails to the rails bridge area near the Manayunk Brewery and may have attempted to navigate to their dock with the intent to head home via Shurs Lane.

!! shane - shurs lane bars.png

What squelched that theory was the discovery of Shane's keys 30 feet from the bank of the south west corner of the parking lot. It appears, indeed, that Shane entered the water at or above that corner of the parking lot and was carried downstream to near that dock.

Funny too how all along we're told, the keys were found here (at the location by the wall) "but we don't necessarily believe it was his point of entry." Now I guess we're gonna be told it was after all? And if he did go in there at the wall, did he drown and sink there like all drowning bodies do initially, then emerge/come up later, then float downstream to his found location (if not, then why wasn't he found under there sooner when they found his keys?)? Or did he fall/jump in there at the wall, struggle to get out but couldn't and instead got carried away downstream and finally lost his battle down by that train track bridge and went under there? But wouldn't people at the brewery see him flailing about and yelling out there that night? Just something still seems off to me.

This is what these divers do- they are experts. If they thought the point of entry was the wall- it would have been mapped out for them. Something does seem off.... Seems logical where the riverbank juts & curves out would have been searched several times. Is it possible he was weighted down?... I'm completely baffled how he wasn't found the first week- and I wholeheartedly believe in science and the divers expertise.

Excuse me if this was already answered but do we know if he was found floating or if divers found himnear the bottom?

According to the report I just read he was found at the bottom of the river.

ChuckMo-
I have to say I was very impressed with your skills after reading the details in the PK case.

So to me that means he went down/drowned there and had yet to emerge. If true, then how the hell did his keys end up UPSTREAM? A body is not gonna go in in one location, sink, as all drowned bodies do, reemerge, float away, then sink again. NOT gonna happen!

T-Hanks! So, does anyone know if bodies ever drift down rivers while at the bottom or if it is always once they float up to the top. Also, is it possible that a body could surface, float down river, and then sink again?

I just had a thought...(scary, I know)
Shane fell, jumped, or pushed in at the parking lot.
Keys immediately flew out of pocket.
He swam in the frigid waters a quarter mile- couldn't get back to the riverbank for better footing
Drowned in front of the brew pub where he sunk to the bottom.
Awful to think....but possible.

If Shane's entry point is where he was found, how did he get there without being seen on Christie's back camera on the towpath?......By walking on that ledge that has been discussed?
And if that is where he entered at. The keys being found near the parking lot doesnt make sense imo

Yeah, this is pretty much the only way my mind is allowing me to see it happening without foul play being involved (if he fell or jumped) based on what we know.

I just had a thought...(scary, I know)
Shane fell, jumped, or pushed in at the parking lot.
Keys immediately flew out of pocket.
He swam in the frigid waters a quarter mile- couldn't get back to the riverbank for better footing
Drowned in front of the brew pub where he sunk to the bottom.
Awful to think....but possible.

View attachment 66644

Always, could you repost the aerial view of Kildare's, Manayunk Brewery, and add where Shane's house would be?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea
Back