Match! NY - Caledonia, WhtFem 1UFNY, 13-19, Turquoise Necklace, Nov'79 *Tammy Alexander*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Cali Doe 1979 10:02 PM Keep this message at the top of your inbox
To: Annie

Good evening. We got the same information and are awaiting the results. We were told that we may hear something late this week or early next week. I will let you know as soon as we hear. Thanks for staying in touch and I hope all is well with you.

Matthew D. Burgess, Chief Deputy
Police Services
Livingston County Sheriff's Office
4 Court St.
Geneseo, NY 14454

You would think everything would have been done at once; we didn't wait this long for Helen/ FLEK nor did Linette's sister when compared to Cali. We have to remember this is also a murder investigation; so we could be in the dark until they dot their I's and cross their T's

Up until now, I've only commented on the Buckskin Girl thread, but I follow several of these closely. As someone who has been interested for a good 20 years in identifying these people, it's hard for me to wrap my head around the idea that Cali may soon have her name back. She's always kind of been the "face" of unidentified people for me. Does that make any sense? I mean, obviously I am thrilled at this development, but it's just weird to think about her being Tammy instead of Cali.

On the other hand, it does give me hope that decades–old cases like BG's will eventually be solved.

Up until now, I've only commented on the Buckskin Girl thread, but I follow several of these closely. As someone who has been interested for a good 20 years in identifying these people, it's hard for me to wrap my head around the idea that Cali may soon have her name back. She's always kind of been the "face" of unidentified people for me. Does that make any sense? I mean, obviously I am thrilled at this development, but it's just weird to think about her being Tammy instead of Cali.

On the other hand, it does give me hope that decades–old cases like BG's will eventually be solved.

Yes; she is the face of Jane Doe's; she's also been our sweet heart. I feel like she's my sister.
BG will also be solved

Yes; she is the face of Jane Doe's; she's also been our sweet heart. I feel like she's my sister.
BG will also be solved

Cali was the case that really got me into researching, reading about and trying to help with missing and unidentified cases. The post-mortem photos of her really stir your heart even more, I think. Her face makes you think, how unspeakably cruel, and who could have done this to her, and why. She is a sweetheart and it will be hard to wrap our heads around, but wonderful, when she's ID'd.

BG will also be solved

Yes, that's exactly it. She's the sweetheart of the UID community. I remember first seeing her flyer when I was a kid at the police post where my dad was an officer in the late 80's/early 90's and wondering why someone would do that to her.

I sure hope BG gets her name back as well. There are an awful lot of people who care about her. I hope she knows that.

The post-mortem photos of her really stir your heart even more, I think. Her face makes you think, how unspeakably cruel, and who could have done this to her, and why. She is a sweetheart and it will be hard to wrap our heads around, but wonderful, when she's ID'd.

It's hard to imagine. I used to put myself in the place of the missing, but now that I'm a mom, it's hard for me not to think of these young kids as if they were my own.

Cali was the case that really got me into researching, reading about and trying to help with missing and unidentified cases. The post-mortem photos of her really stir your heart even more, I think. Her face makes you think, how unspeakably cruel, and who could have done this to her, and why. She is a sweetheart and it will be hard to wrap our heads around, but wonderful, when she's ID'd.

I know exactly what you mean. For me, it was actually the Boy in the Box, the unidentified little boy found in Philadelphia in the 1950's. His case brought me to Websleuths in the first place, around 2004. I lurked for years, taking everything in without posting, until the Etan Patz case re-entered the news a few years ago and I decided to join to discuss it. Cali Doe was one of the first cases I was drawn to after I found WS in my search for info about the Boy in the Box. I don't post often, but I'm here every day, following along. I really pray that we are close to giving Cali a name so she can rest in peace.

I know exactly what you mean. For me, it was actually the Boy in the Box, the unidentified little boy found in Philadelphia in the 1950's. His case brought me to Websleuths in the first place, around 2004. I lurked for years, taking everything in without posting, until the Etan Patz case re-entered the news a few years ago and I decided to join to discuss it. Cali Doe was one of the first cases I was drawn to after I found WS in my search for info about the Boy in the Box. I don't post often, but I'm here every day, following along. I really pray that we are close to giving Cali a name so she can rest in peace.

The boy in the box was another case that drew me in as well. I haven't looked at it in several years, as he looks so much like my son that it's disturbing and too much for me to handle. In fact, I can't look at any child's case anymore unless they are over the age of 14 or 15.

The boy in the box was another case that drew me in as well. I haven't looked at it in several years, as he looks so much like my son that it's disturbing and too much for me to handle. In fact, I can't look at any child's case anymore unless they are over the age of 14 or 15.

It's interesting that you say this because I started researching his case about a year and a half before I had my first child, who is a boy. When he got to be about two years old, I noticed a similarity between my son and the boy as well, and I stopped looking at photos of the boy for awhile too. It bothered me too much. My son is nine now and I don't mind the boy's photos so much now that my own son is past the age range the boy was in when he died.

It's interesting that you say this because I started researching his case about a year and a half before I had my first child, who is a boy. When he got to be about two years old, I noticed a similarity between my son and the boy as well, and I stopped looking at photos of the boy for awhile too. It bothered me too much. My son is nine now and I don't mind the boy's photos so much now that my own son is past the age range the boy was in when he died.

Isn't it interesting how your perspective changes? My son is blonde and his profile is very similar to "Jonathan"'s. I do wish a more updated recon would be done on him... I mean, look at the new one for Grateful Doe and how much more true-to-life it is.

Isn't it interesting how your perspective changes? My son is blonde and his profile is very similar to "Jonathan"'s. I do wish a more updated recon would be done on him... I mean, look at the new one for Grateful Doe and how much more true-to-life it is.

That is a case that I can not spend any time on. For some reason it just bothers me more than any of the others.

you know, that happens. i can look at most any PM's but details bother me a lot. i have mentioned i was a CO for a few years. well, my oldest son was 9 at the time. we got an arrest for child rape and murder of a nine year old boy and i unfortunately read the arrest report. i cried, threw up and had to go home.

you know, that happens. i can look at most any PM's but details bother me a lot. i have mentioned i was a CO for a few years. well, my oldest son was 9 at the time. we got an arrest for child rape and murder of a nine year old boy and i unfortunately read the arrest report. i cried, threw up and had to go home.

Gosh, that's terrible. I can understand how you felt. There was a child killed by his drug-addicted mother last year in a house just up the street from my kids' school. He was a little older than my son. He attended a different school, when he went to school at all, so we didn't know him. But I think of him every day when I drive by on the way to our school and still feel very sad about him.

Everytime I see that somebody has posted on this thread, my heart leaps into my mouth and I rush to check whether the results are in yet.

I really hope it isn't too much longer!!

When I started looking at missing people and the unidentified on the Doe Network over 10 years ago, Cali was one of the ones that I guess I would call my "pet cases." I hope and pray she is finally given her name back. I have been checking this thread a few times a day since Tammy's DNA came back.

I was told that we will most likely have the results one day this week.....so please everybody, keep your fingers crossed and prayers going up!!!!

I was told that we will most likely have the results one day this week.....so please everybody, keep your fingers crossed and prayers going up!!!!

My goodness, I hope so. I have tried so hard to be patient, but the wait is killing me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VictoriaAnn1122