VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a very insightful approach. Very plausible. I don't know all the 'information' he used to feel that the kids whose house he broke into did something to Anjelica. I know it wasn't the jacket. I know some of the text messages from this kid were pretty inappropriate. I know he found the first debit card piece, which was clean (according to Wes), compared the other ones found the next day all broken and dirty...

Bolded^^^

So how did Uncle Drew end up there just in time to take a photo of the kid with the credit card? I find that coincidental and problematic. Makes me wonder if the card was planted, like the jacket seemed to be.

Maybe he's not comfortable having the work van parked at a motel?

Possible, but it still doesn't explain why he'd go out of his way to say he dropped it off there for AJ because she needed it the next day, when he was swapping out every morning/evening anyway (if that's actually what he was doing) It would have already been there Tuesday anyway.

"Roughly 18 minutes..."?? If you're going to use the term "roughly", I'd think it would be "roughly 15-20 minutes. What, did he have a stopwatch? Who knows...

Hadsell said he broke in to do his own detective work and spent roughly 18 minutes inside the home. That’s where he says he found his daughter’s Longwood University club softball jacket with her name stitched on the front. He also said he did not honestly share that information with police.

“We see forensics vans out doing things, we don’t get calls, we don’t get notified,” Hadsell said. “So why should I share it with the police department, something they in turn won’t share with me? It’s our daughter not their daughter …

http://wavy.com/2015/03/23/bond-denied-for-missing-teens-dad/

Remember now, WH is the So What Guy... you know "So what some ways are unorthodox" - Wesley Hadsell http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ims-jacket-daughter-wearing-went-missing.html

I 'm just catching up after working all day. Was too busy to steal a few moments to catch up. In watching this news cast, what jumped out at me is his sister's statement. " I want to believe he hasn't, he's my brother." When asked if she thought he had anything to do with AJ's disappearance.

In other words, if he wasn't her brother she might think otherwise? Seemed odd to me.

Maybe he's not comfortable having the work van parked at a motel?

I mean its a good point. Why did he say he left the truck there cause Anjelica wanted to use it if he was gonna swap out anyway. Maybe he didn't work that Monday. Maybe he was just stating an unnecessary fact to show he was thinking of her. I really don't know. He seems to use the van most of the time. Not even sure why he had the truck that Sunday. Many possibilities I guess.

Hey can you guys help me?

I haven't been able to look because I'm deep in a rabbit hole, but can y'all please tell me what parts of WH's interview have been released on the news? what do they discuss? exact words help

roughly how much footage time wise? etc

Hadsell said he broke in to do his own detective work and spent roughly 18 minutes inside the home. That’s where he says he found his daughter’s Longwood University club softball jacket with her name stitched on the front. He also said he did not honestly share that information with police.

“We see forensics vans out doing things, we don’t get calls, we don’t get notified,” Hadsell said. “So why should I share it with the police department, something they in turn won’t share with me? It’s our daughter not their daughter …

http://wavy.com/2015/03/23/bond-denied-for-missing-teens-dad/

Wow, his mindset is a bit baffling. Does he seriously not understand that's not how an investigation works? :dunno:

Slightly off topic...but does anyone know where the hotel is? The one where WH had a room. I ask because it could help with the timeline. And someone working there might be able to share the specific times someone was in and out of their room.

5 min fr home

Wow, his mindset is a bit baffling. Does he seriously not understand that's not how an investigation works? :dunno:

It is baffling. Does he really think he should be 'notified' by Forensics when they are 'out doing things'---he surely is controlling. It may work on some people, but the Homicide Team is not going to go for it.

<modsnip>
I will be the first to admit that I am an emotional person. Not to be confused with dramatic :happydance:
I look at my post and think, wow.. I am trying to look in every direction but my focus keeps going one way.
IMO, the media is spinning WH's arrest and break in charge as vigilante justice. Let's just say that is the case. He follows his gut, tip, lead, whatever. Supposedly finds AJ's jacket. What is his next step? Continuing to do interviews, self planned searches and.....??????

As a parent, if I believed I knew who took my child, found their jacket in this persons home, and had already compromised the case, I sure as heck wouldn't be quiet about it. I would be camping out in their yard, screaming their name to every media outlet, broadcasting it to the WORLD. LE wouldn't be able to shut me up. Maybe that's just the emotional me.

I guess my point is WH goes so far as the B&E, finds the jacket and then nothin? The guy who gets arrested and does a JH interview within hours?? The guy who can't stop talking?

I really wish I could buy what the cab driver was selling but I was a bartender for several years and feel cabbies would get the same sort of skills dealing with people.
I saw many a dramatic crying girl and loud rowdy people, but every now and then you see something that triggers your gut. We never called 911 and made a huge fuss but we
would call the station and say that something looked fishy so that if any LE was out that way they could check in on the girl. At least then if something
happened it would be on record. This driver actually knew where she dropped them off and didn't make a call??? Then apparently said she'd keep her eye out and call right away if she saw her again,
said she DID see her again but AGAIN no call? She's full of crap.

IMO, it goes along well with his 'Borderline' Personality. He seems to be a very charismatic, manipulative, controlling person. His ex-father-inlaw said there was a lot of domestic violence going on in his previous marriage. His wife left him and his response was to kidnap her and rape her, and hold her hostage for days.

There is also a 'forcible restraint' charge.arrest from his earlier years. That says to me that he is very controlling, aggressive and impulsive. Now that he was in a separation, he would be desperate, not calm, imo.

It is very hard to look away from him and focus on other unknown perps. Knowing that a man in AJ's immediate environment, who was the last who has admitted to seeing her, has a long history of Domestic Violence and kidnapping, when he is 'upset' ---really concerns me. It is hard to think that a teen neighbor, with no criminal history, is a bigger threat than a grown man with years of violent behavior in his past.

Okay regrouping here for a minute... based on recent information from Zach we know:

1. AJ was physically seen in the morning by mom and siblings. She appeared to be in good spirits.

2. AJ was not using the red truck to travel to and from school. Mom or J drove her.

3. Parents were separated for a while prior to AJ going missing.

Is this correct?

My daughter and AJ played softball and were on the swim team together in HS. I can honestly say that her boyfriend is the kindest, gentlest and most thoughtful human being I have ever met. I guarantee he is crushed and blaming himself for no being able to protect her from whatever the situation is. Angelica is just like him and a perfect match IMO. Both are kind, gentle souls. He has never been much of a social media person so him not posting anything does not surprise me,

I'm sorry to say this, but after watching and re-watching AJ's mom, and considering what Zach has so bravely shared, it just seems to me she must be going through a torrent of emotions, so her focus of wanting AJ back is super admirable. My heart breaks for her, and I admire that she is trying to hold it together. I hope she makes it easier for herself and works directly with LE in her public outreach to help focus the public on how they can best help.

The times and places they should try to remember more specifically which may have meant the most to AJ or others in her circle would help, I would imagine. Solid information to help the public help AJ's mom, sisters and loved ones find her, help her friends know what to think, or what to do to help, safely. As things stand, it may be too soon for AJ's mom with all that she needs to hold together and being able to know where to focus, with the emotional distance these circumstances may require. Wesley is in jail, so the investigation has more breathing room, for now it seems to me.

OK all caught up . First let me say welcome Zach . Thank you for taking the time to join up and having your say . I know what you're going through must be incredibly hard . prayers and good vibes for You AJ and your family

I wonder the same thing. Was someone with him? Seems to me if it was his boss or coworker, then he would have mentioned it, as a good alibi.

Makes me think it was someone he wanted kept out of the story. Like a nephew?

Wes drives his work van most of the time but the red truck sometimes. One is always at the house, even if he isn't.

JMO...
WH bends the truth to make it work for him. He has little regard for the police and the law. He thinks he can do things better and faster than others. He thinks he's smarter than others. He's never learned to filter his words.

WH speaks in prison speak, always making sure to cover his own tail. He's an ex-con and talks and acts like one. He's aware that someone might point a finger at him whether he's done something wrong or not so he's constantly on the defensive.

I don't think much of WH. Understatement. But here's what trips me up when I think about him being involved in AJ's disappearance:

Motive.

What motive would he have? He may be unsavory but unless there's stuff we don't know about he's managed to stay clean and hold a job for the last five years or so. Why mess that up?

The only two scenarios I can come up with where he might have harmed AJ is either an unintentional act or revenge. And so far there's no evidence for either.

So I'm trying to spend some time thinking about other possibilities, like AJ leaving on her own. Or with someone. Or being snatched by some unknown bad person. When her clothes were allegedly found it crossed my mind that she may have been hitchhiking south and ran into the wrong driver.

I dunno. The world can be a scary place for young women. It breaks my heart that there are so many things that could have gone wrong for AJ. I hope that she's holed up somewhere, safe and sound. :(

What really makes me unable to leave the WH theory, no matter how I try, is that if a prior victim had felt able to press charges and testify against him many years ago, he would be an RSO, classified as violent by Tennessee law. Whether that knowledge would have made JH choose another path or a judge go against an adoption, we will never know.

What really makes me unable to leave the WH theory, no matter how I try, is that if a prior victim had felt able to press charges and testify against him many years ago, he would be an RSO, classified as violent by Tennessee law. Whether that knowledge would have made JH choose another path or a judge go against an adoption, we will never know.

And I think it was FEAR that prevented her from that testimony. JMO

Okay regrouping here for a minute... based on recent information from Zach we know:

1. AJ was physically seen in the morning by mom and siblings. She appeared to be in good spirits.

2. AJ was not using the red truck to travel to and from school. Mom or J drove her.

3. Parents were separated for a while prior to AJ going missing.

Is this correct?

My daughter and AJ played softball and were on the swim team together in HS. I can honestly say that her boyfriend is the kindest, gentlest and most thoughtful human being I have ever met. I guarantee he is crushed and blaming himself for no being able to protect her from whatever the situation is. Angelica is just like him and a perfect match IMO. Both are kind, gentle souls. He has never been much of a social media person so him not posting anything does not surprise me,

I'm sorry to say this, but after watching and re-watching AJ's mom, and considering what Zach has so bravely shared, it just seems to me she must be going through a torrent of emotions, so her focus of wanting AJ back is super admirable. My heart breaks for her, and I admire that she is trying to hold it together. I hope she makes it easier for herself and works directly with LE in her public outreach to help focus the public on how they can best help.

The times and places they should try to remember more specifically which may have meant the most to AJ or others in her circle would help, I would imagine. Solid information to help the public help AJ's mom, sisters and loved ones find her, help her friends know what to think, or what to do to help, safely. As things stand, it may be too soon for AJ's mom with all that she needs to hold together and being able to know where to focus, with the emotional distance these circumstances may require. Wesley is in jail, so the investigation has more breathing room, for now it seems to me.

OK all caught up . First let me say welcome Zach . Thank you for taking the time to join up and having your say . I know what you're going through must be incredibly hard . prayers and good vibes for You AJ and your family

Yes! Exactly, how indeed? How did his brother happen to lead the search the day he was an hour away and received news of the rest of the card being found?

Wes drives two vehicles. A company van and a red pick up. One is always at the house, even if he isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ulanov911