KY KY - Kathy, 48, & Samantha Netherland, 16, Botland, 21 Apr 2014

I'm curious about why LE seems so set on that particular car. There were two other directions the killer could have easily driven. Based on Google Street Views, it appears to be a rather busy road so I suspect a lot of people drive past.

My guess is that the liquor store's cameras may have caught the car entering and exiting the family's driveway. From the angle though, I bet the house blocked the view of person or persons getting in and out of the car.

map.jpg

A new plea for leads, LE still feels the suspect drove a newer model, black Chevy Impala. LE says the suspect may not own the car...

But police say a database shows there are more than 20,000 black Chevy Impalas in the state. They say the one in the photo is from 2012 or 2013.

"In my heart, I feel like it probably was somebody they opened the door to and had no idea that they were opening the door to something that was evil, brutal, vicious, unkind. The complete opposite of them," Kathy's sister Stacey Hibbard told WDRB in Sept. 2014.

Anyone with information is asked to call Kentucky State Police 1-800-222-5555.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/27850700/...aughter-murder-remain-focused-on-black-impala

http://www.wdrb.com/story/27842425/...tance-in-case-of-murdered-mother-and-daughter

Two puzzling cases in a small town in less than a year, it is... puzzling. I do not think this case and Jason Ellis murder are related, but we can not completely rule out

It is painful to see the size of the reward, but it is likely more than they can afford. We can help by keeping this post alive.

I understand that detectives can not give much information about the case, for legal reasons and for for strategic reasons too. They need to keep some secret data in order to discriminate between the information they receive. But after a certain time this lack of information is a problem, especially when there is an appeal to people´s aid.

Well, they have made a call to try to identify a vehicle, a Chevy Impala, but after so many months, more information is needed. Especially since if you do not provide enough information, people tend to form their own opinions on cases, and most of the time these opinions are out of track.

It is then necessary to contextualize the Chevy Impala with certain format crime, or at least eliminate some possibilities.

Was there a robbery? Was the house revolt ? Was there sexual assault? Are detectives thinking in a family feud, or labor dispute, or revenge?

Without information, people will make their own ideas. If someone thinks it's a robbery that ended in murder, he will never relate his neighbor´s Impala to the crime. If you think that we have a familar dispute, you will never relate the Impala of your neighbor, and his felon son, to the crime.

I think the case slowly slides into a cold case, and there is not much to lose. It's time to give more information, and put the Impala in context.

Almost a year and no one in custody. There are strange things in this crime. Three different weapons for two little women.

I'm trying to find where was the first camera, the one which filmed the Impala as he approached the house. Does anyone know something?

Hello, thanks for the reply. I do not think that camera (if existing) was part, at least directly. There are two different cameras, I have located one on the same street, towards Bardstown, and it recorded as the car move away from the house. I lack the first camera. Tomorrow I will explain why I think this. Today I'm too tired. It's almost three a.m in Spain.

I wonder if they tried cell phone records for anyone who was in area at the time? They may have taken battery out of their phone but there might be a chance they didn't.

I have read conflicting opinions on whether it is possible to locate an off cell phone. But surely they have collected all data from nearby repeaters and are crossing them with the list of owners of Impalas and other lists.

This is the second camera:

Impala1.jpg

It recorded the Impala getting away from the house, towards Bardstown, about 20:00 pm.

Here in Google Maps: Map

The first camera recorded the car approaching the house, from Springfield. The camera was probably near from where Springfield Rd, meets with Bardstwon Rd. You can see the clip in this LINK. From second 58. Take a look at the time of the camera.

There must be no more than two miles between the two cameras, so the police were checking the cars that passed through the first camera, pass through the second two or three minutes later. The only deviation is the road that starts right in front of Netherland´s house, and probably the camera of the liquor store controlled cars that deviated from there (Manton Rd). All the other roads are dead ends.

So the police went from house to house asking for suspicious vehicles: those who pass in front of the first camera and took a long time passing the second camera. First, they had three suspects cars, but were able to identify two, and remained only with the Impala.

It is very likely the Impala is the car of the killer, but there is also the small possibility that it is from someone who does not want anyone to know he was in the area that day.

And something interesting: The killer, or killers, did not turn around after committing the crime.

You've lost me. What is your source for the 1st camera that shows the car approaching from Springfield? Both videos that have been released to be shown on television and social media were located between the Netherland's house and Bardstown. I know the area well. I drive the road daily.

You've lost me. What is your source for the 1st camera that shows the car approaching from Springfield? Both videos that have been released to be shown on television and social media were located between the Netherland's house and Bardstown. I know the area well. I drive the road daily.

It is a logical deduction. If the two cameras are located between the house and Bardstown, there is a need to explain why the Impala is a suspect, and we need an auxiliary hypothesis. In another post you say that maybe the car was recorded entering and exiting the house driveway, but there is no information about that, and also remember that the Impala was not the only suspect vehicle. Initially there were three vehicles as suspected, then the Impala was alone. That would make no sense if it was recorded an Impala in the house driveway.

Two cameras between the house and Bardstown are useless, since they recorded the same. If a camera was on the road between Springfield and home, everything makes sense. We understand why initially there were three suspicious vehicles, and we understand why they were suspects. Furthermore, the time fit. The first camera marks 19:12 hours, and police said the vehicle was leaving towards Bardstow about 20:00.

Wherever is located the camera. I will try to find it with Google Maps, but if you travel that road often, you could accomplish it more easily. Look first between the house and Bardstown, but if you not find there, look for it between the house and Springfield.

CamImp.png

karenky, thanks por the map.

I admit I was wrong to place one of the two cameras to Springfield, but I still think there's a camera involved in that direction, or at least I think that's a good possibility.

In any case, it is clear that the police are withholding information, since the two images that have been made public are redundant and fail to know why they suspected the Impala. Or they have a secret witness, or there is another camera involved. I believe the latter, and I will try to argue it when I have some time, this weekend for sure.

Note the strong increase in the reward, from 2,500 to 50,000.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back