LA LA - Brittney Mills, 29, pregnant, Baton Rouge, 24 April 2015

It is really a shame, because from what I read about this case, he is not in the "inner circle" of friends of this poor young lady but LE does want to talk to him among many others. He should have gone in as soon as he heard. I guess his agents were trying to help him but it may have backfired.
On the other hand, I cannot blame the NFL for not wanting to get financially involved with a new to the NFL player, until this poor lady's case is nearer a solution. Soon, I hope for the family's sake.

It is really a shame, because from what I read about this case, he is not in the "inner circle" of friends of this poor young lady but LE does want to talk to him among many others. He should have gone in as soon as he heard. I guess his agents were trying to help him but it may have backfired.
On the other hand, I cannot blame the NFL for not wanting to get financially involved with a new to the NFL player, until this poor lady's case is nearer a solution. Soon, I hope for the family's sake.

his was in her inner circle enough to be seriously suspected to be the father of the unborn child.

also sadly a few hours ago it was announce that the infant pass away.

Brittney Mills' facebookhttps://www.facebook.com/B3.Mills

I have been reading up on this one all night, for hours. Now there is scant news and development on the actual case, the news is more about collins' and how he has plummeted from a forerunner for a top pick in the draft and being passed over again and again. He is slated to talk with cops later today and will hopefully submit a DNA test. He should at least want to do that seeing as he has done nothing at all to see the now dead child who very possibly could be his.

He has not expressed any sympathy for the death of a girl who is reported to have been a gf of his (and yet I have heard of another long term gf in the mix but no confirmation on that yet either).

I know little of football. I don't pretend to understand how all of this draft stuff works but i have been reading the sports forums about this.

Many times in my hours of reading, i heard the reference to Rae Carruth. You may hear that name too as you read and may be unfamiliar with the story as i was ( wasnt watching TV back then and coverage was not what it is now of crimes). I highly recommend you read the article linked below about that case.

What a stunning article about a cold blooded football player who did not want his pregnant girlfriend to live to have their child. Rae did not want to pay child support to his gf Cherica for a new baby. Rae did not pay child support for the 4 year old child he had with another woman, nor had he ever sent that child anything or been a part of that child's life. Rae had a plan and some help to carry them out. But he didn't plan on a few miracles like Cherica living long enough to call for help and to name him as being there as she was shot. Rae didn't count in Cherica'a mom (the amazing "G-mom") coming between him and his plans. Even today Rae is remorseless. It is still all about him. He has never apologized for Cherica's death. He thinks he can rewrite history and tell his gravely disabled son (who did live !) about that fateful night and explain how it wasn't his fault. Rae feels he played no role in the plan that left his son so gravely disabled with CP (from his mother's blood loss) that even now as a teen, he cannot walk.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/01/07/si-60-the-boy-they-couldnt-kill-rae-carruth-son

This is fairly local to me, people talk and the word on Collins is bad. I also thought of perhaps a jealous gf angle too. Not sure who his current gf (if any is) but there is already some talk of word on the street as to who did it or was involved. I will keep my eye on that source.

yes swamp mama it is a pitiful situation.........he was not picked in the draft as you probably now know......speaking just from a career prospective, he has thrown it away....even as a free agent, no one wants to touch him, too much baggage....he went from a possible first rounder to nothing......

i'm familiar with the rae caruth story, he's a sorry piece of work to be sure......here's a link to the american justice that covered the story..........https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfK-6mui-v0&list=PLhJVGu09xd4HuWdibMhPH6IiNNgNe9kJz&index=1 definitely worth a watch......

i'll be watching this collins story to see what happens.....such a tragedy.....that poor woman and child, the whole thing is just heartbreaking....thank you for the local perspective.........

If he were not a serious candidate for guilt in this matter, he still would have been drafted. Look at the first pick, for goodness' sake.

If he were not a serious candidate for guilt in this matter, he still would have been drafted. Look at the first pick, for goodness' sake.
don't even get me started on that sorry excuse of a human being, fsu should be renamed enable university imo:mad:.............and you hit the nail on the head there my friend, a serious candidate indeed.....

I'm :furious: about that one! I'd be in a time out if I said what I'm thinking

I may be a little behind on this, but as near as I can tell, the ONLY person stating he has an alibi is his lawyer. Is there anything in MSM besides his lawyer's assertions establishing an alibi for this young man?

So....does the fact he proved not to be the father make it more, or less, likely that he will prove to be a serious suspect?

So....does the fact he proved not to be the father make it more, or less, likely that he will prove to be a serious suspect?

i think it gave jerry jones an excuse to pick up a major talent cheap

Jerry Jones can't resist trying to prove the rest of the league wrong

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/05/jerry-jones-cowboys-lael-collins

On Thursday news broke that the Dallas Cowboys signed La’el Collins, a former LSU lineman who was not taken in last week’s NFL draft due to a murder investigation of his pregnant former girlfriend. It’s a horrifying story to read, and one that understandably made NFL teams nervous.
(snip)
Still, the fact that it was the Cowboys who signed him caused more than a few eyebrows to raise. By signing Collins, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones proved that he just can’t resist a headline.

Jones has consistently shown that he wants to prove the rest of the league wrong, and he loves attention. This is a guy who reportedly had to be physically stopped from picking Johnny Manziel in the draft.
-----------
more at link

The guy isn't a suspect or a person of interest. He isn't a father of the infant either. What would be the reason to not pick him and why shoudln't someone pick him?

Obviously less likely. That could have been the motive (not wanting to pay for the upkeep of the child, which could be a lot of $$$, since NFL player could make a lot of $$$) but now that's gone.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back