KY KY - Crystal Rogers, 35, Bluegrass Parkway, 3 July 2015 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone look up where that campground is? It's along the Scioto River, between Portsmouth and Chillicothe.....does anyone see where I'm going with this?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure this is just a rumor. I don't recognize the names of the highway or interstate. I googled the intersection and it took me right to Chillicothe with a time of 3h 27mins. I see where you're going with it but I'm not so sure I'm sold on it. I googled the campsite and it's in West Virginia. The whole thing is just really vague.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably not related but a body has been found on Scotsville Road in Bowling Green, Ky. Don't know how to attached link but it is on WBKO's Facebook.

Probably not related but a body has been found on Scotsville Road in Bowling Green, Ky. Don't know how to attached link but it is on WBKO's Facebook.

What does it mean when commenters leave just a dot (period)?

This is not good...

Family members said Rogers and Houck have a 2-year-old child together, and they called Rogers’ relationship with Houck “troubled” at times. Several family members said Rogers told them that if she ever turned up missing to look at Houck as a possible suspect.

http://nelsoncountygazette.com/?p=25648

That should be about right. She was found somewhere b/w Bardstown and E-town (but still in Nelson County).

I didn't really know Crystal that well, but I looked her up in my yearbook and recognized her. She was a grade behind me at NCHS.

Her family seems to think that her boyfriend (who reported her missing) could have something to do with it. He's named in the story but is noted to be "extremely cooperative" with the investigation.

Family, police searching for missing woman; family offers $25,000 reward
Nelson County Gazette 7/6/2015
Bardstown, KY

Oops, I'm sorry bflocket! I should have read from the beginning :blush: I didn't realize you had already posted this.

Why do so many of those FB people talk like hicks? "Me & her seen him when we was their." :facepalm:

I think it all depends on what the people talk like where they're from. It's not what most people on FB talk like. Quite a few people in KY, and southern IN talk like that. Some of the southern states in the US talks that way also. Right now I'm sitting on the fence about the boyfriend, although the things I've been reading here are making me think he's a good place to start looking.

I'm pretty convinced now that Crystal wasn't driving her car when it got a flat tire on the side of the highway. Whether it was being driven down that road due to being stolen, or whether it was an attempt to distance the car from the scene of the crime, is left to be seen.

I think the reason it was found like it was is because the flat tire was a huge surprise to the person driving it as well. Being broke down on the side of the road with the possibility of a Highway Patrol driving by at any second, is not the place you want to be if you are trying to hide a crime as well as a vehicle. So what do you do when that happens ? You get the hell out of that vehicle, leave everything just like it was, and get some distance between you and the car.

Next question: How do you get back to town when you are 10 miles away ? Don't know.

This almost seems like a carjacking or auto theft, preceded of course by making the owner of that vehicle vanish into thin air. They need to pull all of her cell phone records the night she left the house and follow the pings like bread crumbs. She is going to be found close to one of the towers her phone pinged from along that trail, probably not in the best of shape. Checking all the vacant properties around convenience stores close to her home would also be wise, but I think the cell phone pings will lead them to her eventually.

I watched the interview last night conducted by the wicked witch of Atlanta. I noticed Crystals boyfriend kept talking about her playing games on her cell phone up until, and even past, midnight.
News Flash pal: I'm not so sure playing games on her cell phone is all she was doing. That may have been a cover for texting somebody while pretending to play games on the phone. Naturally, a lot of those texts would have been deleted, both the ones sent and received. I think there is a good chance she left the house that night and went "somewhere" after the boyfriend went to sleep for the night. I'm also pretty sure it has something to do with her "playing games on her cell phone" all the way through midnight and beyond.

Like I said, I watched the interview with said boyfriend. To describe this experience, I will use the following words....... simpleton, dufus, dullard. Her boyfriend seems to have a lot more interest in hanging out with his cop pals than he does in being a supportive mate. Like I predicted earlier, their relationship was already rocky and seemed rather superficial, based solely around the child they shared. I'm not sure her running off in the middle of the night would even phase this guy, because he could really care less what she does. He commented that is wasn't unusual for her to run off to her cousins house when she got mad at him. What he didn't explain (and wasn't asked by Nancy) is if something happened between them that night that would result in her doing exactly that. Question not asked, question not answered.

I have mixed feelings on whether the boyfriend is involved in this or not, but I'm leaning towards NOT. I think there is a good chance she had a rendezvous with someone that night and things got really bad, really fast. There is also the possibility that he did in fact catch her texting with some mystery man and he blew his cork over it. He wouldn't be the first law enforcement groupie that thought he was smart enough to outsmart his friends and commit the perfect crime. Drew Peterson is another example.

I'm pretty sure this is just a rumor. I don't recognize the names of the highway or interstate. I googled the intersection and it took me right to Chillicothe with a time of 3h 27mins. I see where you're going with it but I'm not so sure I'm sold on it. I googled the campsite and it's in West Virginia. The whole thing is just really vague.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah there's a campground with the same name between Portsmouth and Chillicothe, but I don't think she saw Crystal, I'm wondering if she saw a different woman. With all the girls who go missing in both of those cities it was the first thing I thought of. I was reading her original post and her comments made me believe she saw something. She said at first she thought he hit a deer but then she got up and ran off and it scared the crap out of her. She seemed really shaken up by it.

So inconclusive poly, is the boyf going to take another?
I am wondering if it really was inconclusive. LE may have just said this IMO. I've seen it happen before in cases.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I'm pretty convinced now that Crystal wasn't driving her car when it got a flat tire on the side of the highway. Whether it was being driven down that road due to being stolen, or whether it was an attempt to distance the car from the scene of the crime, is left to be seen.

I think the reason it was found like it was is because the flat tire was a huge surprise to the person driving it as well. Being broke down on the side of the road with the possibility of a Highway Patrol driving by at any second, is not the place you want to be if you are trying to hide a crime as well as a vehicle. So what do you do when that happens ? You get the hell out of that vehicle, leave everything just like it was, and get some distance between you and the car.

Next question: How do you get back to town when you are 10 miles away ? Don't know.

This almost seems like a carjacking or auto theft, preceded of course by making the owner of that vehicle vanish into thin air. They need to pull all of her cell phone records the night she left the house and follow the pings like bread crumbs. She is going to be found close to one of the towers her phone pinged from along that trail, probably not in the best of shape. Checking all the vacant properties around convenience stores close to her home would also be wise, but I think the cell phone pings will lead them to her eventually.

I watched the interview last night conducted by the wicked witch of Atlanta. I noticed Crystals boyfriend kept talking about her playing games on her cell phone up until, and even past, midnight.
News Flash pal: I'm not so sure playing games on her cell phone is all she was doing. That may have been a cover for texting somebody while pretending to play games on the phone. Naturally, a lot of those texts would have been deleted, both the ones sent and received. I think there is a good chance she left the house that night and went "somewhere" after the boyfriend went to sleep for the night. I'm also pretty sure it has something to do with her "playing games on her cell phone" all the way through midnight and beyond.

Like I said, I watched the interview with said boyfriend. To describe this experience, I will use the following words....... simpleton, dufus, dullard. Her boyfriend seems to have a lot more interest in hanging out with his cop pals than he does in being a supportive mate. Like I predicted earlier, their relationship was already rocky and seemed rather superficial, based solely around the child they shared. I'm not sure her running off in the middle of the night would even phase this guy, because he could really care less what she does. He commented that is wasn't unusual for her to run off to her cousins house when she got mad at him. What he didn't explain (and wasn't asked by Nancy) is if something happened between them that night that would result in her doing exactly that. Question not asked, question not answered.

I have mixed feelings on whether the boyfriend is involved in this or not, but I'm leaning towards NOT. I think there is a good chance she had a rendezvous with someone that night and things got really bad, really fast. There is also the possibility that he did in fact catch her texting with some mystery man and he blew his cork over it. He wouldn't be the first law enforcement groupie that thought he was smart enough to outsmart his friends and commit the perfect crime. Drew Peterson is another example.
Would love to hear what the mentioned cousin Stacy has to say about that night or other past nights. Wonder if she and Crystal spoke that evening. If Crystal was running off with someone else, was she covering for her? I am surprised that NG did not ask if the couple had an argument that night. Seems like would be a key piece of info.

I do not think Crystal was driving her car either. I think someone was trying to dump the car in away from where Crystal is. As you mentioned the trail of phone pings Steelman, will be interesting to find out where the pings lead and where there are multiple pings in one spot. I agree that the flat was a surprise and the perp ran. Why risk getting caught leaving a car in the middle of the highway?

My gut tells me it was someone she knew IMO
The family seems to be very suspicious of her bf......

Still on the fence.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I have a feeling that there is some bad blood between the Ballard family (Crystal's side)
and Brooks Houck's family. There were a couple of things that stood out for me after listening to the July 6th news conference on CR's disappearance.

1. "We need everyone's help and everyone in the Ballard family and Brook Houck's family to come together and try to figure out where Crystal is" (right around 2:28)

2. "Sometimes when you get into personal relationships, one side of the family may not like the other side of the family and we have to work with that" (9:56) :thinking:

3. "Houck/BF wanted to be here, but I did not want any controversy."

[video=youtube;9HweNjbmwpM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HweNjbmwpM[/video]

Looks like Brooks ran for Sheriff against Ed Mattingly for Sheriff last year.

Houck is running against Nelson County Sheriff’s Sgt. Ed Mattingly for the Democratic nomination for sheriff.
more here:
http://www.kystandard.com/content/sheriffs-race-houck-would-bring-new-blood-badge

Crystal's FB page pictures...vote for my daddy
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...53018802.1073741826.1329731591&type=3&theater

So weird to me that someone with absolutely no law enforcement background/training would have run for sheriff. Is this common in the U.S.? How would any sheriff really be a good leader and effective at his/her job if he has no LE background? Given the apparent bad blood between Houcks and the Ballard family (who have a relative who is a retired higher up in that LE department), perhaps he ran just to make a statement or 'stick it to someone' versus really wanting the job?

I have a feeling that there is some bad blood between the Ballard family (Crystal's side)
and Brooks Houck's family. There were a couple of things that stood out for me after listening to the July 6th news conference on CR's disappearance.

1. "We need everyone's help and everyone in the Ballard family and Brook Houck's family to come together and try to figure out where Crystal is" (right around 2:28)

2. "Sometimes when you get into personal relationships, one side of the family may not like the other side of the family and we have to work with that" (9:56) :thinking:

3. "Houck/BF wanted to be here, but I did not want any controversy."

[video=youtube;9HweNjbmwpM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HweNjbmwpM[/video]

Looks like Brooks ran for Sheriff against Ed Mattingly for Sheriff last year.

Houck is running against Nelson County Sheriff’s Sgt. Ed Mattingly for the Democratic nomination for sheriff.
more here:
http://www.kystandard.com/content/sheriffs-race-houck-would-bring-new-blood-badge

Crystal's FB page pictures...vote for my daddy
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...53018802.1073741826.1329731591&type=3&theater

[20:33:42] NANCY GRACE, HOST: Live, Bardstown, Kentucky, where a mother of five, Crystal Rogers, Maroon Chevy, found on the side of the road with a flat tire. She has not been spotted alive since.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: A search party is looking for Crystal Rogers on the Bluegrass Parkway after her car was found there abandoned with a flat tire.

TOMMY BALLARD, FATHER OF MISSING KENTUCKY MOM: She would never have got out of that car. She would never have turned it off.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: Air and ground search will continue.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Somebody saw something somewhere that will get us going in the right direction.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: Joining us right now in addition to Crystal`s parents, her boyfriend, the father of her baby. She was at their three-bedroom home, there in a quiet subdivision, just before she went missing.

But first, to Scott Johnson, WVLK, tell met progress of the search for this Kentucky mom.

SCOTT JOHNSON, WVLK: That search continues, Nancy. The search has centered on the Bluegrass Parkway, the state freeway that runs near Bardstown. It has now moved on and expanded to a state highway, Highway 49, that runs south of Bardstown, and to a local waterway, the Beach Fork River.

GRACE: The Beach Fork River. Let`s go first to the mother and father of missing Crystal Rogers, a young -- a gorgeous young mom of five.

[20:35:07] Mr. and Miss Ballard, thank you for being with us.

SHERRY BALLARD, MOTHER OF MISSING KENTUCKY MOM: You`re welcome.

T. BALLARD: You`re welcome.

GRACE: I want to go first to Mr. Bauer. You were discussing with me how she would never have left her car on the side of the road and the sheriff has confirmed with us it was a genuine flat. That there was a nail that had gotten into her -- her tire and had been embedded. You believe, because she has done it before, that she would have driven on the rim of that car, the rim of that tire, that wheel, until she got to safety, or would have called you or her boyfriend or someone else to come help her. Instead, her car is found with her cell phone, her keys, her purse and a diaper bag in the car.

You also say, Mr. Ballard, she would never have just gotten out of the car leaving all that behind. She would either drive it on the rim to safety or sit there I guess with the car locked and call somebody, correct?

T. BALLARD: Yes, ma`am.

GRACE: Let me ask you, Mr. Ballard, was the car locked and were the keys in the ignition when police find the Chevy, the maroon Chevy?

T. BALLARD: Yes, ma`am. Me and her brother found the car and her keys were in it. It was unlocked. Her purse was in the passenger seat with her phone beside it. And I know she would have never got out of that car.

GRACE: Were the keys still in the ignition?

T. BALLARD: Yes, ma`am.

GRACE: So keys in the ignition. Let me understand this. Keys still in the ignition, both doors -- her door unlocked, her cell phone on the passenger seat beside her, correct?

T. BALLARD: Yes.

GRACE: Let me ask you this, Mr. Ballard, I assume either you or one of your sons got into the car. Was the seat in the position she would have had it in or was it moved back for a bigger person, say, a man to drive?

T. BALLARD: We didn`t get in the car. My son opened the door and I made him close it back. I told him not to bother nothing.

GRACE: That was wise. That was wise.

Joining me right now, in addition to Crystal`s mom and dad, Tommy and Sherry, with me is her boyfriend, I guess I would say fiance. She is divorcing the last husband. She has a young child by Brooks Houck, who formerly ran for sheriff in that jurisdiction. He has taken a polygraph.

He has not hired lawyers. He has allowed police to search his property and says that he is on call at any time police want to talk to him.

Mr. Houck, thank you for being with us.

BROOKS HOUCK, BOYFRIEND OF MISSING KENTUCKY WOMAN: Thank you.

GRACE: Mr. Houck, what happened the night Crystal goes missing exactly?

HOUCK: Earlier that day, she showed rental property. She went to Wal-Mart.

GRACE: With who?

HOUCK: We have established a timeline of all the facts and events.

GRACE: Who did she go to Wal-Mart with, Brooks?

HOUCK: I was not there at Wal-Mart with them. She had some of the children with her.

GRACE: Mm-hmm. OK.

HOUCK: Yes, ma`am.

GRACE: That`s important, Brooks, because as you know, with your interest in law enforcement, it establishes a timeline. So that was Friday around 4:00 p.m. then what happened after Wal-Mart?

HOUCK: When she left Wal-Mart on Friday, late afternoon, early evening, she showed a rental property that we have listed, in the Kentucky standard, in a large ad, multiple properties. She then left that and preceded home.

GRACE: So that was Friday evening. What time did she get home, Brooks?

HOUCK: After 5:00.

GRACE: After 5:00. And what, if anything, did she do at that time?

HOUCK: It was a normal -- normal evening. At that point, she showed the property and came home.

GRACE: Well, what day of the week was this?

HOUCK: This was on Friday, would have been July 3rd, 2015.

GRACE: Did you have July 4th plans?

HOUCK: Yes, we did.

GRACE: What were they?

HOUCK: My uncle, Fabian Ballard, and Loreto, about 49, had a large gathering at his home. My mother has a very large family, there`s 13 brothers and sisters, and we -- we had planned on going there on Saturday, July 4th.

GRACE: Did you go?

HOUCK: Yes, I did. I went with my family.

GRACE: And what time that was?

HOUCK: That was about 5:00 or 5:30 on Saturday --

GRACE: OK. Let me understand the timeline, Mr. Houck.

[20:40:02] So on Friday night, she shows a property in the evening, well, the evening, she gets home after 5:00.

HOUCK: No. Incorrect. Incorrect.

GRACE: No? OK. Explain.

HOUCK: Friday evening.

GRACE: Friday? Yes, that`s what I said.

HOUCK: July 3rd.

GRACE: Correct. That`s what I said.

HOUCK: She showed the property. And then on -- you asked me if we had plans on July 4th, which was in the following day on Saturday.

GRACE: Right. Right. That`s what I just said.

GRACE: So Friday evening, she shows the property at a multi-property spot that had been advertised in the standard. She gets home after 5:00 and what children, if any, did she have with her at that time?

HOUCK: Two children.

GRACE: And --

HOUCK: The other two children had already been dropped off at their dad`s house.

GRACE: And what did you guys do for supper that night?

HOUCK: We just ate here -- we ate here at the house.

GRACE: Did she cook?

HOUCK: For about an hour and a half and then we left here about 7:30.

(CROSSTALK)

GRACE: Did she cook that night?

HOUCK: You`re cutting out on me. I didn`t hear what you just said, ma`am.

GRACE: Oh, I`m sorry. Did she cook that night, Brooks?

HOUCK: She did not. We just ate here at the house. It wasn`t anything special or new anything like that. We knew that we had plans, wasn`t going to kill a lot of -- kill a lot of time and then we proceeded -- we proceeded out there to the family farm.

GRACE: OK. Now. On July 4th I thought was the family farm get-together, no?

HOUCK: Well, the Fourth, that right there is another family member.

GRACE: Oh, I get it.

HOUCK: That we went to.

GRACE: I get it. So that night, you get back and what was she doing when you went to bed?

HOUCK: She was playing games on her phone.

GRACE: Really? OK. Where was the baby?

HOUCK: The baby was still up.

GRACE: OK. And who -- who had the baby while she was playing games?

HOUCK: He was just running loose in the house.

GRACE: OK.

HOUCK: If a light`s still on in the living room, he is not going to go to bed until all the lights are out. So if there`s still activity going on in the home, he is going to stay it up with me.

GRACE: Now what time did you go to bed and was she still up playing games on her phone?

HOUCK: She was still up playing games on her phone. And it was really close to midnight.

GRACE: OK. And was the baby still awake?

GRACE: So you go to bed. She is playing phone games and -- was she playing with another person or just by herself?

HOUCK: I`m not aware if she was, you know, texting anybody else or talking to anybody else. I`m under the impression she was just playing one of the games on her phone.

GRACE: And when did you realize --

(CROSSTALK)

HOUCK: Just standard and normal for her to do that.

GRACE: Brooks, when did you realize, Brooks Houck, that she was gone?

HOUCK: The very next -- the very next morning.

GRACE: So you slept through the whole night and did not realize that she was gone?

HOUCK: That`s true.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

[20:47:21] GRACE: Joining me right now in addition to her parents, Tom and Sherry Ballard, her boyfriend that she lived with there in their three-bedroom suburban home, Brooks Houck is with us.

So, Brooks, you go to bed and she is still playing games on her phone. The next morning around 8:00, you noticed that she`s missing. Did you report her missing?

HOUCK: No, ma`am.

GRACE: Why?

HOUCK: That is a great question and one that I definitely want the public and the media -- I was not in the least little bit alarmed in any way, shape or form. We have had a stressed relationship at times. And one of the ways that Crystal has always chose to cope or deal with that is by going to -- a young woman`s name, Sabrina, that is her cousin, her dad`s brother`s daughter, whom she is very close to, she spent the night there on several occasion.

GRACE: When you say several, do you mean one, three, 20?

HOUCK: In the neighborhood of four to six.

GRACE: OK.

HOUCK: Something like that.

GRACE: OK. To Tom and Sherry Ballard, were you aware of that? Do you know who Sabrina is?

S. BALLARD: Yes, ma`am.

T. BALLARD: That`s my niece.

GRACE: OK. Did you know she goes and spends the night over there when she is having an issue at home?

T. BALLARD: I`ve known probably one time.

GRACE: Right. OK. I want to go back to Brooks Houck who was the last person to see her alive.

Brooks, did you go on to the July 4th get-together that day?

HOUCK: Yes, I did.

GRACE: Even though you didn`t know where she was?

HOUCK: Well, I was expecting -- I had put in a phone call that morning and then around lunch and usually, the maximum period of time that she has stayed gone has only been like a day to a day and a half, at the most. And as a result of that, I thought that she would --

GRACE: Did you try to call her?

HOUCK: -- join us. I`m sorry, I didn`t hear you, ma`am.

GRACE: Did you try to call her during that time?

HOUCK: Not while I was there -- there at the -- at the Fourth. I called her prior to leaving to head in that direction, yes, ma`am.

GRACE: Some people have accused you of not being involved enough in the search efforts. What`s your response?

HOUCK: That is a great question and one I certainly appreciate you asking me. And that is all of my effort in searching for her has been done behind the scene. With the Nelson County Sheriff`s Office.

[20:50:14] GRACE: What? What?

HOUCK: Detective Snow who is leading the investigation and Jason Allison who is a deputy there assisting him along with the Kentucky State Police

Agency Post Number 12.

(CROSSTALK)

GRACE: My question was what you had been doing with them. Let me ask you this. I know that you agreed to take a polygraph. Did you pass?

HOUCK: Because of the way that the lines or whatever were they, they determined it to be inconclusive. I`m not exactly sure what that means. But they did tell me it does mean that I wasn`t lying or I didn`t pass it or I didn`t fail it. They just ruled it inconclusive and that is exactly the way it stands.

I have been 100 percent completely honest with everyone. I have been 100 percent cooperative in everything that has been asked of me. I have not asked for any kind of legal advice or assistance or an attorney of any nature. I`m 100 percent completely innocent in this. And I have exhausted my efforts with the law enforcement agencies to gather all the facts necessary to allow me to have a clean name again.

That`s very important to me. I have not responded to a lot of the negativity and all of this animosity because I want the emphasis to remain on Crystal`s safe return home. And that`s where I want it to stay focused in that area rather than dealing with any of the animosity between the families.

GRACE: To Tommy and Sherry Ballard, Crystal`s mom and dad, to Miss Ballard, I want to talk about her car and her getting out of that car, and leaving the car in the ignition with her cell phone and pocketbook and a diaper bag still in the car and getting out on the side of the road. What do you make of that? Because there is no way I would do that.

S. BALLARD: I don`t think Crystal would, either. I can`t see her getting out the car. I can`t see remember once her leaving her baby at home. I can`t see her getting out of the car in the dark, not with a cell phone in her hand or something anyway. She had AAA. She had no reason to get out of the car. I just -- it don`t make sense.

GRACE: It doesn`t make sense to me, either, Mr. and Miss Ballard.

Everyone, the tip line, 502-348-3211, 502-348-3211. The reward has climbed to $40,000. Please join us in the search for Crystal.

I still do not understand how no one "missed" her until Sunday!

Maybe it is common for her to disappear and go party with whomever, whenever. That may explain why no one thought much of it at first, and none of her 5 children were with her when she vanished. Her parents cannot possibly know as much about her as they think. She's in her thirties now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592