2015.08.27 Curtis Wayne Wright: Charged with Murder in the 2nd Degree

As alluded to in one post, perhaps he is shirtless in case his look alike IS arrested, they can be identified by the hair pattern on their chest? Sounds silly, but who knows what these two might try to pull!

From watching the show cops, if a perp was arrested without a shirt on LE took him in that way. LE didn't usually let the perp go put a shirt on. That could be a reason CWW was booked without a shirt, because he wasn't wearing one when they arrested him. Idk

As many years as I worked in Booking/Classification, I have not once seen an arrestee booked in without a shirt. In fact, if someone is brought in without a shirt, they were given a jumpsuit to put on. Maybe it isn't done like that everywhere, but that is how we did it. An arrestee is not booked immediately upon entering the jail in almost all cases. There were usually others being processed and the wait was usually at least an hour.

ETA: Our procedure was for the arresting officer to bring the arrestee to the booking area and give us the booking slip with the charge(s). The arrestee's property such as wallet and whatever he had in his pockets was placed on the counter and the arrestee identified it as being his or hers. Then the arrestee was cuffed to a bench. The property was placed in an envelope with his/her name attached. We would observe then as they were sitting cuffed to the bench. If that person didn't have a shirt on or had a shirt that was half torn off, he was given a jumpsuit to put on.

JMO

I would agree but he was arrested around/about August 31? Any scratch from June 29th should have healed. JMO

I agree with you 100% that by August 27th to be exact, those should have healed. But I've just had a holy mackeral moment. How do we know shirtless CWW mug is August 27th? Heck, they showed us 2011 for a while. Could that photo possibly be the July 12th raid mug? I'm very curious on that detail still because from my perspective with limited information, the July 12th raid sure seems "botched." And I don't believe LCSO is that incompetent. Is the photo dated?

Hmm...

As many years as I worked in Booking/Classification, I have not once seen an arrestee booked in without a shirt. In fact, if someone is brought in without a shirt, they were given a jumpsuit to put on. Maybe it isn't done like that everywhere, but that is how we did it. An arrestee is not booked immediately upon entering the jail in almost all cases. There were usually others being processed and the wait was usually at least an hour.

JMO

Well you are the one with experience I just know from watching tv:) and seeing other mugshots with no shirt.

ETA: Our procedure was for the arresting officer to bring the arrestee to the booking area and give us the booking slip with the charge(s). The arrestee's property such as wallet and whatever he had in his pockets was placed on the counter and the arrestee identified it as being his or hers. Then the arrestee was cuffed to a bench. The property was placed in an envelope with his/her name attached. We would observe then as they were sitting cuffed to the bench. If that person didn't have a shirt on or had a shirt that was half torn off, he was given a jumpsuit to put on.

JMO
I

I have watched a lot of TV, lol It always seems like LE takes separate photos of any wounds, bruises, etc on the perp's body. This appeared to be a mug shot. JMO

Yes, that makes perfect sense..BUT the jumpsuit was found very recently, the doggie DNA was done weeks ago. I do wonder if the dogs were just included in the dna etc in case at a later date that could be used if they found something from the killers and could match it up. That would make sense to me.. also, i wonder if bite impressions of the dogs were done. MOO

CWW was first arrested July 12
When were the dogs tested? I don't recall

I

I have watched a lot of TV, lol It always seems like LE takes separate photos of any wounds, bruises, etc on the perp's body. This appeared to be a mug shot. JMO

They do take separate shots of any injuries along with measurements and that could have been done before the booking photo, IMO. I agree it was a booking photo.

They do take separate shots of any injuries along with measurements and that could have been done before the booking photo, IMO. I agree it was a booking photo.

Yeah it sure looks like a booking photo. I googled and there are other mugshots out there with the arrestee not wearing a shirt.

Yeah it sure looks like a booking photo. I googled and there are other mugshots out there with the arrestee not wearing a shirt.

Good catch Johunt! it appears he has two current mug shots. Odd?

Good catch Johunt! it appears he has two current mug shots. Odd?

He was arrested and then released then arrested again. I wonder if this is why two mugshots one with prison issued shirt and one without? Idk seems strange for sure.

I think the photo with CWW in an orange jumpsuit in front of a thing that shows height was from 2010?

So there are 3. One in an orange jumpsuit from 2010, one in blue prison striped shirt and one without a shirt.

He was arrested and then released then arrested again. I wonder if this is why two mugshots one with prison issued shirt and one without? Idk seems strange for sure.
Was he arrested or just held the first time? Also, do different prisons within a state issue different colored jumpsuits? The side by side of JR and CWW show one in orange and one in black and gray stripes.

Was he arrested or just held the first time? Also, do different prisons within a state issue different colored jumpsuits? The side by side of JR and CWW show one in orange and one in black and gray stripes.

I can't say I know what other states do, but here the black and white indicates an unsentenced inmate on local or state charges. Orange can indicate a Department of Corrections (DOC) inmate or a sentenced one. Blue is generally a Federal inmate.

I noticed JR had on an orange jumpsuit so that was probably the revocation of parole shot.

In a jail or detention center the inmates have to be separated. Unsentenced cannot be housed with the sentenced or someone arrested on a parole violation. Federal inmates can be held in a jail or detention center by consent decree. The different uniforms are so that the inmate can immediately be identified as to what his/her disposition is. They are not housed together.

MOO

Regarding the shirtless mug shot, I thought his shirt might be off to record tattoos or significant scars for identification purposes. Or perhaps he threatened suicide and they took away anything he could use to hang himself.

My father worked CSI for a police department and they arrested people in various states of undress - mostly it was robbery suspects who stripped as they ran from police, trying avoid being identified. They did not allow them to dress once caught, they went in "as is", and stayed that way until they were walked into jail, no matter how much they begged for their clothes. Not sure if they did mug shots that way though.

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2015/09/08/raid-suspect-home-teresa-sievers-murder
Neighbor tells of raid on home in doctor's slaying

--snip--
--video@link

Sarah Hanneken, who lives across the street from Curtis Wayne Wright, who is accused of the brutal murder of a well-known Florida doctor, describes the July 12 raid on Wright's Hillsboro, Missouri, home.

According to Hanneken, five or six brown paper bags, along with a laptop computer, were removed from the home and both Wright and his wife Angela, were led out in handcuffs.

Duly noted.

I removed a few posts. If you see a link and/or link with supporting fact that you feel needs to be added to the media thread or timeline, please just alert the post. All moderators will get the message and check accordingly. That way you are assured a mod will see the post. Additionally, quoting and asking here in the thread, interrupts the flow of the discussion.

:tyou:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back