GUILTY FL - Maria Nemeth, 31, brutally murdered, Sunrise, 20 Sept 2015

This has been in my head now for two days. I seriously considered taking up knitting and ditching my account here. I have to remind myself that this is the action of the most sick, depraved animal and not a human being at all. Victims need people to bear witness and see their tragic stories through. But I'm saying here, we with this crime, I almost gave up for good. A cage at the zoo is too luxurious for this filth.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

bbm

Exactly. There is so much we cannot do -- but we can stand with the victim and his or her family.

That guy must have been high on drugs and having a psychotic episode at the time. Normal people don't do that, even if they are drunk.

I agree that this ~person~ is not normal, but I don't know that I would give him the benefit of insanity or temporary insanity -- at least not in a legal or statutory sense. He needs to go to "regular" prison, and then get that bright, shiny needle, IMO. I hope his attorneys don't try to play the insanity card... He is a monster for sure, and drugs could have propelled him to do the horrors that he did, but I don't think this guy was out of his mind when he did what he did. My opinion is that this ~man~ is sadistic, cruel and just plain mean. JMHO.:dunno:

Horrifying, I wish I never, ever would have read about this crime. I doubt this "monster" will get the death penalty though. I'm sure his defense will be able to paint him as "out of his mind" at the moment. Perhaps they'll even victimize poor Maria some more.

I am appalled that any MSM would report all the aspects of this crime. It is only victimizing Maria over and over each time someone reads it.

What have we become?

I am so, so sorry Maria. There really can be no justice for what happened to you.

About the DP -- I think this is absolutely a DP case -- a number of states that still have the DP have language like "especially cruel and heinous," or words to that effect that are listed as an aggravating factor, and the DP is all about aggravating factors -- and Florida does, indeed, still have it, and they don't seem too shy about supporting it and following it through.

And that, sadly, is about as much justice on this earth as we can legally dish out to this ~man~. But I agree that it's not enuff.

About the DP -- I think this is absolutely a DP case -- a number of states that still have the DP have language like "especially cruel and heinous," or words to that effect that are listed as an aggravating factor, and the DP is all about aggravating factors -- and Florida does, indeed, still have it, and they don't seem too shy about supporting it and following it through.

And that, sadly, is about as much justice on this earth as we can legally dish out to this ~man~. But I agree that it's not enuff.
Oh I agree. This woman suffered torture. I do not believe she was unconscious, or stayed unconscious through such torment. DP for sure.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I wonder if the closet door locked and she was actually trying to hide from him, and that's why he ripped it off?

I don't understand why neighbours never called LE when they heard all the noise. I understand folks don't want to get involved, but I don't think I could sit idly by listening to that for a few hours. SMH

Sadly if he gets DP that would be kinder than what he did to her. SMH

I often think I would weenie out and not be able to swing a bat or shoot a gun at someone who threatened me. (My kid? Whole other story: I will kill a beesh)

But, (sorry), to actually reach in and ugh, do that, and see and feel the viscera....Holy Hell on Ice Skates. That ain't bath salts, that's broke-and-can't-be-fixed. Oh, and sheet house rat CRAZY.

I can't stop thinking about this. Wish I could.

Jesus Christ, man. That story actually turned my stomach and I really, really regret reading it. I hope to god that poor woman was so out of it that she wasn't conscious for that. Unbelievable.

Jesus Christ, man. That story actually turned my stomach and I really, really regret reading it. I hope to god that poor woman was so out of it that she wasn't conscious for that. Unbelievable.

This is going to be a tough case to follow. I've had visuals in my mind, since first reading about it, that I simply cannot erase. I can't imagine what her family/friends will have to endure during trial proceedings, god bless them.

With Florida's sunshine laws, we may hear and see more evidence than in many other cases. JMO

If Lopez's attorney doesn't order a psych exam for this ~man~, he needs to be replaced. I don't think Lopez is insane, but I think a professional should examine him -- if nothing else, for appeal reasons. Maybe she was fairly drunk as well, and maybe she really did say her ex's name. I think he was drunk on tequila (crazy juice, IMO) and lost his temper in a big way -- maybe her saying that name touched a raw nerve with him somehow. Something horrible did come over him, certainly, that night.

The folks who spoke of knowing him before this happened, spoke fondly of him and paid him compliments, etc. But hearing her say that name -- if she did -- sent him way off his cork somehow that night. I know I wouldn't like it one little bit for sure.

This case is gonna be a hum-dinger, I think, if we can stand it through the details... Oh, my. SMH. :(

The folks who spoke of knowing him before this happened, spoke fondly of him and paid him compliments, etc. But hearing her say that name -- if she did -- sent him way off his cork somehow that night. I know I wouldn't like it one little bit for sure.
(

Not everyone spoke fondly of him:
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/fl-sunrise-death-fidel-lopez-20150924-story.html

"He didn't know how to behave," said Ismary Suarez of the young man who for three months lived in unit No. 6 with a woman and two young children before he was evicted following a May 2014 arrest for disorderly intoxication.

Suarez, 33, said Lopez seemed rough. He wasn't one to follow the rules, parking where he pleased and blaring music late at night. "He didn't make friends with anybody," she said.

Not everyone spoke fondly of him:
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/fl-sunrise-death-fidel-lopez-20150924-story.html

"He didn't know how to behave," said Ismary Suarez of the young man who for three months lived in unit No. 6 with a woman and two young children before he was evicted following a May 2014 arrest for disorderly intoxication.

Suarez, 33, said Lopez seemed rough. He wasn't one to follow the rules, parking where he pleased and blaring music late at night. "He didn't make friends with anybody," she said.

Oh, yes, Amazed, you are so right! Some of the recent comments about FL were not good at all -- that didn't surprise me too much -- I should have said that in my post. What did surprise me were the positive comments of some of his less recent friends, etc. That surprised me. They were complimentary of his personality, his future plans for himself, etc. What every parent (or girlfriend) would want to hear. Where did that go? Was it an act, and then he revealed his true self to his newer friends and to his new girlfriend?

Something happened, I guess, because he changed -- or else he had been hiding his "Mr. Hyde" personality from his friends. Or was it just the drinking? I don't think someone suddenly becomes insane today when he/she had been perfectly "normal" on all the days previous. And again, that conclusion takes me to the "just plain mean and cruel" part of him.

Oh, yes, he showed some people his bad side, as you posted, and I'm glad that is on the record. He's a bad one who needs to be kept from the public any way we can get it done. :(

I think FL is a lying psychopath that has always been damaged goods. I hope he gets the DP, and quickly, for this heinous crime. Perhaps he would spare his own and Maria's family and friends from hearing all the disgusting details. Maybe the family will ask the DP be taken off the table to avoid all the details becoming public.

This is all just my opinion based on the MSM reports I've read about the crime. FL changed his story repeatedly and I agree with Hoosgirl upthread that states Maria was most likely HIDING from him in both the closet and the bathroom and that's why he ripped the doors off.

He wasn't getting what he wanted and no one dare do that to him.

Reading that I learned he has a twin brother......oh holy hell! Unimaginably evil.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SGS3030
Back