UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, York University, 18 March 2009 - Chef - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charge them all with murder I say, one of them will spill the beans when faced with a life sentence.

(I know this is not how we do things, but if I were chief of police....)

Oh please let the police get the answers that Claudia's family desperately need.
I want to be optimistic and hope that there will be a resolution to this case but sadly, I think that these men, IF they do know anything, are also confident that no trace of evidence can be linked back to them and I fear they will not offer any explanations.

I read they were all connected to the building trade.

Make of that what you will.

MOO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It seems extremely unlikely that Claudia's disappearance involves the conspiracy of 4 men.

I am a little suspicious that these men were believed to have had a relationship with Claudia and are not being forthcoming with information and the Police Bail is just a means of adding a little pressure.

As a yank, I am not familiar with how Police Bail works. I understand the need to restrict the movements of someone who is under suspicion but yet not charged but are there "checks" on the use of it? If a police inspector can just put anyone he wants on Bail, it could very easily be abused. I can see it used to intimidate witnesses.

Can anyone explain how Police Bail works. What are the requirements and restriction. Must a judge "sign off" on it? Is their any appeal rights if you are placed on Bail?

http://www.thescarboroughnews.co.uk/news/local/police-pass-claudia-evidence-to-prosecutors-1-7467268

A police spokesman said: “The process of preparing the file will take some time, as will the assessment by the CPS of the case.

“For legal reasons, we cannot comment further about the case at this time.

“While this process is undertaken, the investigation remains active and Detective Superintendent Dai Malyn, head of North Yorkshire Police’s Major Crime Unit and the senior investigating officer in the Claudia Lawrence inquiry, is again urging the media and the public not to identify the men who are subject of the investigation

Det Supt Malyn added: “This is to ensure the investigation and legal process are not compromised or potentially damaged in any way. This includes naming or publishing images of the men, their home addresses, places of work, their vehicles and properties on traditional media platforms or social networking sites.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/claudia-lawrence-murder-investigation-cps-6462863

Claudia's mum described the latest sad twist in the police investigation as “devastating”.

She said: "All we can do is hope that the investigation can give us some answers as to what has happened to my beautiful and precious daughter.

“Waiting for the CPS verdict will be very hard. It’s too hard to even contemplate why anyone would want to hurt Claudia. I really can’t bear to think about it.

“As a mum, you try your hardest to keep your children safe, no matter how old they are. Today’s news is just devastating and it hasn’t really sunk in yet. I’m in a state of shock and feel very upset.

“I have no idea what the future holds. As ever I am thinking about my daughter.”

Somehow good news, yes, but why released from police bail ...??? Elapsed time limit only?

Bail or not??? Maybe I have translated in the wrong way. :dunno: I thought of: no bail anymore. Wrong?

Bail or not??? Maybe I have translated in the wrong way. :dunno: I thought of: no bail anymore. Wrong?

No, you're not wrong FG.

Prosecutors will consider charging four men suspected of murdering Claudia Lawrence, who has been missing for six years.
Lawyers for the Crown Prosecution Service will be given a cache of evidence by officers from North Yorkshire Police.
They will use it use to decide whether the men, all in their 50s, should face a trial. All four were also released from police bail.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...g-missing-Claudia-Lawrence.html#ixzz3mKoX97JK
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

No new updates but keeping my fingers crossed.

I feel it may be the calm before the storm. At least, I hope so.

http://www.gazetteherald.co.uk/news/13777484.CLAUDIA__detectives_hand_over_files_to_CPS/

CLAUDIA: detectives hand over files to CPS

Peter Lawrence, Claudia’s father, said police had kept him up to date with the investigation, and he would wait to see how the CPS would proceed.

Mr Lawrence said: “They were bound to be released. It won’t be news until we hear from the CPS.

“It’s always progress, but we’re not at an end of the investigation, and the CPS will let us know in some months what will happen.”

Joan Lawrence, Claudia’s mother, said: “The news is absolutely heartbreaking. My thoughts continue and always will be with Claudia.

“We now have to wait to see what the CPS verdict is and I have no idea what the future holds. As ever, I’m thinking of my daughter.”

The Gazette and Herald, all media outlets and members of the public, have been asked to avoid identifying the arrested parties, even after they have been released from police bail.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearance_of_Claudia_Lawrence

Police authorities admitted there were similarities with the cases of Melanie Hall and Joanna Yeates, two other young, blonde British women who disappeared in 1996 and 2010 respectively, but said that they have not yet found direct evidence to link them.

Vincent Tabak was found guilty of 145 indecent photographs of children
The 37-year-old is serving a life sentence for the murder of Joanna Yeates
He was jailed in 2011 after strangling woman and dumping body in snow
Laptop seized in the investigation held extensive collection of child *advertiser censored*
Judge rejected his argument he would not stand fair trial on new charges
He has been jailed for 10 months concurrently after admitting four counts

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...dvertiser censored*-laptop.html#ixzz3pDcAZkdH
-.-.-.-.-.-
A suspect in the investigation into the 1996 murder of Melanie Hall will not be charged, the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) has said.
The CPS said there was "insufficient evidence" to charge the 45-year-old man, who was arrested on suspicion of her murder in November 2013.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-30252287

I belong to another related online group.
Within it two members posted to say that:

• They were friends with both Claudia and the men who were arrested
  • Two of the four men knew and were friends with Claudia
  • All four are no longer on bail and are not expecting to be charged with any offences
  • The files submitted to the CPS are a formality to ensure that this latest part of the invesitigation was carried out correctly
  • The recent media coverage has been misleading

So, if they are correct, its been another blind alley, but at least the four may be ruled out and attention turned elsewhere. Rereading the quotes above from Claudia's father makes more sense now.

A new hour long show has just begun (10pm) about Claudia's case on channel 66 on freeview. Its called Donal MacIntyre: Unsolved.

A new hour long show has just begun (10pm) about Claudia's case on channel 66 on freeview. Its called Donal MacIntyre: Unsolved.

Hope it gets repeated, I've only just seen this message [emoji43]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members