GUILTY LA - Jeremy Mardis, 6, fatally shot by Marksville LE, 3 Nov 2015

Jeremy Mardis, six, was 'murdered' by police after cop and his father were in 'months-long' love-triangle with meth-user mom-of-two who had 26 criminal filings

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...om-two-26-criminal-filings.html#ixzz3rLIFWlQ8

Other sources say that Greenhouse had a penchant for 'harassing' young women while a cousin told Daily Mail Online that he allegedly beat up his former partner Nicole Dauzat - the mother of his two young children.
Another local, 49-year-old Harold Dauzat of Hessmer – the town where Greenhouse grew up – said the cop was 'always causing trouble and getting away with it'.

American police in a nutshell. People who want cause trouble and get away with it. What better way to do that, then get your self a badge and a tax payer supplied gun. People wonder why the police are killing three people a day in this country. Well, there is the answer, because they are the trouble makers. This is why the police scare the crap out of me, more then any “criminals” do.

Not agreed. Most police officers are worthy citizens and to paint them in a negative light with a broad brush is irresponsible.

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk

Judge to decide next week whether to release Marksville marshal accused in killing

A judge will decide next week whether Norris Greenhouse Jr.'s family will be allowed to post bond for their son and if a law keeping him in jail was misinterpreted, according to court documents obtained by KATC Investigates.

Greenhouse Jr.'s family has put up properties to post bond for the officer.

That includes properties owned by Greenhouse Jr.'s father, Norris Greenhouse Sr., and an assistant district attorney. A state law prohibits attorneys from posting bond, which Sheriff Doug Anderson has said is the reason Greenhouse Jr. has remained in jail.

Greenhouse Sr.'s job as an assistant district attorney is also the reason the Avoyelles Parish District Attorney's Office has recused itself from the case.

American police in a nutshell. People who want cause trouble and get away with it. What better way to do that, then get your self a badge and a tax payer supplied gun. People wonder why the police are killing three people a day in this country. Well, there is the answer, because they are the trouble makers. This is why the police scare the crap out of me, more then any “criminals” do.

:clap::clap::clap:

Not agreed. Most police officers are worthy citizens and to paint them in a negative light with a broad brush is irresponsible.

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk

I think the truth likely lies somewhere in between. But with all the recent incidents involving violent perps who are police officers, it's easy to see why so many people believe that good cops are the exception rather than the rule these days.

How many innocent Americans have to be murdered by criminal cops before we as a society make some much needed changes?

JMO and all that...

http://www.kalb.com/home/headlines/Bond-hearing-for-Green-353064751.html

Seems pretty cut and dried to me .....the law was made to keep attorneys from bailing out their clients.
Now we have an assistant DA trying to bail out a suspect from the very county in which he is a prosecutor.

Either transfer the property out of the fathers name or resign from the DA's office and give up your law license....if the judge rules otherwise a deeper look into corruption is nessecary

They will have to hunt Greenhouse down if the video is a bad as we have been led to believe
What does he have to lose going on the run

Greenhouse, Stafford fired from Alexandria Marshal's Office

Norris Greenhouse Jr., a full-time Alexandria City Marshal, and Derrick Stafford, a part-time Alexandria City Marshal, have both been terminated from those jobs, Alexandria City Marshal Terence Grines confirmed Friday.

"I concluded that it's hard for me to justify paying them with public funds when the chance of them ever working again is not a good possibility, even if they're exonerated," Grines said. "I owe it to the public to not pay them for something that will be long and drawn out."

Also:
A judge will hear Stafford's argument and hold a preliminary hearing to examine evidence, including video from the shooting, on Dec. 17.
http://www.katc.com/story/30662859/...murder-says-evidence-insufficient-for-1m-bond

It took them that long to fire them?!

I think it was probably due process internally.

As to other posts, I am appalled by the actions of this officer. On the whole, I believe that most officers are good and many departments are well run. That said, I believe that there are any number of bad actors in the police departments across the country. Leadership and standards should weed them out but often the bad cops sit until something bigger happens. Supervisors, captains, and government entities responsible for the departments should be held to a higher account. Bad cops on the street are bad for everyone-- the people, the departments, and the community.

These are the other two.

2 Marksville officers cleared of wrongdoing in deadly shooting

Police Chief Elster Smith said Sgt. Kenneth Parnell and Lt. Jason Brouillette returned to work on Friday after they were cleared both of any wrongdoing in the deadly shooting.

Smith added that Parnell was working for the Marksville Police Department that night and responded to the call. His body camera is what captured the entire scene and helped troopers in their investigation. Brouillette was moonlighting as a Ward 2 city marshal when he arrived to the scene.

An Avoyelles Parish grand jury on Thursday charged Lt. Derrick Stafford, 32, and Norris Greenhouse Jr., 23, both Marksville deputy marshals, with second-degree murder in the shooting death of 6-year-old Jeremy Mardis last month.

The grand jury also indicted the two deputy marshals on attempted second-degree murder in the shooting and wounding of Jeremy’s father, Christopher Few, 25.

Grand jurors reached the decision after an afternoon of testimony that began at 1 p.m. and lasted about 3 hours.
http://theadvocate.com/news/1424861...nce-in-marksville-officer-shooting-case-today

The second former Marksville officer accused of shooting and killing 6-year-old Jeremy Mardis and injuring his father, Chris Few, is bonding out of jail.

A judge approved a motion to approve security for the bond for Derrick Stafford Tuesday. The property owner's information was not available; it was filed under seal. According to Sheriff Doug Anderson, Stafford is expected to be released this afternoon or tomorrow morning.

The other officer, Norris Greenhouse Jr., was released from jail on a $1 million dollar bond in November. His family put up the money, which was the largest bond ever paid in Avoyelles Parish, using multiple properties as collateral.
http://www.katc.com/story/31015195/...nd-following-shooting-death-of-6-year-old-boy

New dates set for Mardis case motions

Pineville attorney George Higgins III, representing defendant Norris Greenhouse Jr., told The Town Talk that any defense motions seeking continuances or changes in venue would be heard on June 29. A request for a change in venue only can be made by the defense.

Any other motions to be filed by either the Louisiana Attorney General's Office, which is prosecuting the case, or defense attorneys would be heard on Aug. 15.

Jeremy died at the scene while still strapped into the front seat.

I don't want to see the video but I would really like to know exactly what happened to Jeremy.

https://www.policeone.com/legal/art...-fatal-shooting-of-boy-seeks-change-of-venue/
La. cop charged in fatal shooting of boy seeks change of venue

--snip
The Advocate reports attorneys for Derrick Stafford, 33, say publicity surrounding the November shooting of 6-year-old Jeremy Mardis and the wounding of his father, Chris Few, has prejudiced potential jurors for the trial in Marksville.Attorneys Jonathan Goins and Chris LaCour wrote in the motion that other factors that could bias a jury include "government officials (who) made invidious and inflammatory statements" against Stafford after the shooting.
~~~
Stafford's trial is scheduled to begin Sept. 26, and Greenhouse's on Nov. 28, though it's possible the trials will be delayed. Both men remain free on $1 million bail.
A hearing on the change of venue request and other motions is set for June 29.

--more@link

A former city marshal in Marksville charged with murder in the shooting death of a boy was in court Tuesday to learn a judge’s decisions on a number of motions filed by his lawyers.

(...)

Stafford's attorneys requested a continuance in the case in order to go through all of the evidence in the case. The trial was scheduled to begin on Sept. 26, 2016. A new trial date has been set for Nov. 28, 2016, which was the original trial date for Norris Greenhouse Jr., the other suspect in the case. A new date for Greenhouse's trial has not been set.
http://www.wafb.com/story/32333674/...ck-staffords-trial-in-death-of-6-year-old-boy

I'm going to get accused of racism for pointing this out, but someone needs to say it: if the races of the murderers and the victims had been reversed, there would have been riots and this would be a world-wide news story.

State deputy charged with killing 6-year-old boy asks if witnesses were hypnotized

BATON ROUGE — One of two deputy city marshals charged with murder over a videotaped shooting that killed a 6-year-old boy wants Louisiana prosecutors to disclose whether any of their witnesses were hypnotized to elicit trial testimony.

A court filing dated last Friday doesn't explain why Norris Greenhouse Jr.'s lawyer, George Higgins III, is asking if any prosecution witnesses underwent hypnosis or any "truth-determining examinations," such as polygraph tests or sodium Pentothal.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf..._charged_with_kill.html#incart_river_home_pop

Prosecutors say Derrick Stafford hurt others before shooting that killed 6-year-old

Louisiana Attorney General Jeff Landry's office argued in a court filing last week that prosecutors should be allowed to introduce evidence that Derrick Stafford engaged in a pattern of hurting people without justification before the killing of Jeremy Mardis in Marksville last November, which was recorded on video.

Prosecutors say Stafford used a stun gun on two people already in custody and also broke a 16-year-old girl's arm while breaking up a fight on a school bus.

I'm going to get accused of racism for pointing this out, but someone needs to say it: if the races of the murderers and the victims had been reversed, there would have been riots and this would be a world-wide news story.

Law enforcement officers are all blue.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back