WA WA - David Adams, 8, Issaquah, 3 May 1968

Hope some closure can be found to David's case:

Here is his Charley Project Page:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/a/adams_david.html

Satch

LE needs to find out more about the "Mystery Neighbor." The fact that he was evasive during questioning and failed a polygraph could show that he is connected to David's disappearance or knows something about David's disappearance. Did leads pan out with this suspect even further? What else is known? The dogs tracking David's scent to his house. That is very strong evidence that something is not right.

Satch

This seems so easy to solve... But we don't have all the info, of course.

47 Years . Still unsolved

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

If you read news reports of the disappearance of David Adams, you will read that David was walking home from a friend’s house. That friend was my younger brother. My brother would have been the last person to see him before he disappeared. I was standing nearby saying goodbye.

I just thought I would clarify some things. I was 9 years old that the time, and my memory may be fuzzy, but there are some things I can remember quite well. Jill and Rob have done a great job telling their stories, but not all of the details are quite right, and Jill makes reference to some things that Tru Rose got wrong.

David was not hiking on Tiger Mountain when he disappeared. He was walking home from my family’s house, which is off of Tiger Mountain Road, so named because it runs near the base of the mountain.

There were stories of David walking out to Tiger Mountain Road, meeting a girlfriend there, and running away. The stories were never verified, and they seem highly unlikely, especially for an 8 year old boy. Where would he have gone? How would he have traveled without being seen? How would he have supported himself? Why did no girlfriend ever speak up? No young girls in the area disappeared at the same time, so he definitely was not traveling with a local girlfriend.

David could not have drowned in 15 mile creek and his body washed away. As Jill pointed out, the water was less than a foot deep. Even during the spring runoff there was not enough current to wash a body away. The bridge David crossed to get home was wide enough to accommodate a truck, so it is doubtful that he would have fallen off. The only traffic that crossed the bridge was my family, or visitors, and neither was using the road at that time, so there was no reason for him not to walk right down the center of the bridge. If he had fallen into the creek, his body would have been found. The creek was a very popular place for neighborhood kids to play.

If a body could have washed down the creek, it would have passed through several back yards, into Issaquah Creek, and through the downtown area. Assuming it could have made it past the salmon hatchery, where the water is diverted into the ponds, it would have eventually wound up in Lake Sammamish, where it would have been found, had it not been found long before it got that far.

My brother and I explored every square inch of the forest while we lived there. There was no quicksand anywhere. Some of the area near the creek was marshy, but those areas were not on his route home, and had he gotten lost there, the search dogs would have found him. We never found any coal mine shafts in the area. There was an old well near the Adams’s house, but had he fallen in, he would have been found. It was David’s older brother who showed me where the well was.

Our house was not within sight of the Adams’s house. David would need to walk almost 1/4 to get home. Most of that is along roads, and the rest cross country for a short distance and along two short trails. Or he could have taken a slightly longer route that would be almost entirely road walking. He did take the first short trail that bypassed our driveway and took him to the road down near the creek. News reports say that my brother walked with him down to the bridge, but I don’t remember seeing him go farther than the start of the first trail.

If David had lost his way or gotten hurt in the forest, he would have been found. The only difficult part of the route was finding the second trail that would take him from our road to his. Had he found the trail, someone in my family would have found him within a day or two, as we used it all the time on our way to and from the school bus stop. If he had missed the trail, he would have wound up in someone’s back yard. He would not have been found by hikers. The area where he got lost was privately owned lots. He would have been found by the search dogs, or by a neighborhood kid playing in the woods.

Just to give you a mental picture: Tiger Mountain Road runs roughly east/west. 240[SUP]th[/SUP] (the road that the Adams’s lived on) runs north off of Tiger mountain road. I believe the Adams’s house was the third house from the corner. My family lived on 241[SUP]st[/SUP], which was a private dirt road also running north off of Tiger Mountain Road. There were three families living along 241[SUP]st[/SUP]. (Maybe two. I don’t remember if the third house had been built yet.) Our house was the farthest from Tiger Mountain Road, about 1/4 mile as one drives down 241[SUP]st [/SUP]and down our driveway. There was a short trail that one could take from 241[SUP]st[/SUP] to our house that shortened that distance slightly by bypassing the driveway.

David walked down this trail, which would have taken him to 241[SUP]st[/SUP] just above the bridge over the creek. After crossing the bridge, he would follow 241[SUP]st[/SUP] up the hill on the other side. When the road leveled off, he had two ways to get home. He could follow 241[SUP]st[/SUP] out to Tiger Mountain Road, then walk along Tiger Mountain Road to 240[SUP]th[/SUP], or he could look for a break in the trees that indicated a trail that would take him across an undeveloped lot to 240[SUP]th[/SUP]. The land along 241[SUP]st[/SUP] in the area of the trail was mostly cleared of trees, possibly to accommodate horses. This would require a short cross country walk through brush to reach the more heavily treed area along 240[SUP]th[/SUP]. The trail would take him through the trees to 240[SUP]th[/SUP]. Then he would walk along 240[SUP]th[/SUP] to his home.

There really wasn’t any way to get lost, and certainly not in any place where searchers would not find him, or neighborhood kids or developers would not eventually run across a body.

To clarify some questions that were asked on another forum:

David was seen leaving our house by myself, my brother and my father, who was watching from a kitchen window. As far as I know, there were no other witnesses. Unless my brother accompanied him down to the creek, and I don’t remember him doing so, there is no way of verifying that he even made it as far as the end of the trail down to the road near the creek. The searches started from our house, so the dogs would have been following a scent trail that originated from our house. If several of the dogs followed David’s scent to a particular neighbor’s house, it is very likely that it is because David took that route, though dogs are known to pick up scents other than the person they are searching for. The dogs were trained German Shepherd search dogs that were handled by volunteers working closely with the King County Sherriff’s department. The volunteers were all members of The German Shepherd Search Dogs of Washington State.

attachment.php

Attachments

• david_adams_map.jpg
    david_adams_map.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 200
If you read news reports of the disappearance of David Adams, you will read that David was walking home from a friend’s house. That friend was my younger brother. My brother would have been the last person to see him before he disappeared. I was standing nearby saying goodbye.

I just thought I would clarify some things. I was 9 years old that the time, and my memory may be fuzzy, but there are some things I can remember quite well. Jill and Rob have done a great job telling their stories, but not all of the details are quite right, and Jill makes reference to some things that Tru Rose got wrong.

David was not hiking on Tiger Mountain when he disappeared. He was walking home from my family’s house, which is off of Tiger Mountain Road, so named because it runs near the base of the mountain.

There were stories of David walking out to Tiger Mountain Road, meeting a girlfriend there, and running away. The stories were never verified, and they seem highly unlikely, especially for an 8 year old boy. Where would he have gone? How would he have traveled without being seen? How would he have supported himself? Why did no girlfriend ever speak up? No young girls in the area disappeared at the same time, so he definitely was not traveling with a local girlfriend.

David could not have drowned in 15 mile creek and his body washed away. As Jill pointed out, the water was less than a foot deep. Even during the spring runoff there was not enough current to wash a body away. The bridge David crossed to get home was wide enough to accommodate a truck, so it is doubtful that he would have fallen off. The only traffic that crossed the bridge was my family, or visitors, and neither was using the road at that time, so there was no reason for him not to walk right down the center of the bridge. If he had fallen into the creek, his body would have been found. The creek was a very popular place for neighborhood kids to play.

If a body could have washed down the creek, it would have passed through several back yards, into Issaquah Creek, and through the downtown area. Assuming it could have made it past the salmon hatchery, where the water is diverted into the ponds, it would have eventually wound up in Lake Sammamish, where it would have been found, had it not been found long before it got that far.

My brother and I explored every square inch of the forest while we lived there. There was no quicksand anywhere. Some of the area near the creek was marshy, but those areas were not on his route home, and had he gotten lost there, the search dogs would have found him. We never found any coal mine shafts in the area. There was an old well near the Adams’s house, but had he fallen in, he would have been found. It was David’s older brother who showed me where the well was.

Our house was not within sight of the Adams’s house. David would need to walk almost 1/4 to get home. Most of that is along roads, and the rest cross country for a short distance and along two short trails. Or he could have taken a slightly longer route that would be almost entirely road walking. He did take the first short trail that bypassed our driveway and took him to the road down near the creek. News reports say that my brother walked with him down to the bridge, but I don’t remember seeing him go farther than the start of the first trail.

If David had lost his way or gotten hurt in the forest, he would have been found. The only difficult part of the route was finding the second trail that would take him from our road to his. Had he found the trail, someone in my family would have found him within a day or two, as we used it all the time on our way to and from the school bus stop. If he had missed the trail, he would have wound up in someone’s back yard. He would not have been found by hikers. The area where he got lost was privately owned lots. He would have been found by the search dogs, or by a neighborhood kid playing in the woods.

Just to give you a mental picture: Tiger Mountain Road runs roughly east/west. 240[SUP]th[/SUP] (the road that the Adams’s lived on) runs north off of Tiger mountain road. I believe the Adams’s house was the third house from the corner. My family lived on 241[SUP]st[/SUP], which was a private dirt road also running north off of Tiger Mountain Road. There were three families living along 241[SUP]st[/SUP]. (Maybe two. I don’t remember if the third house had been built yet.) Our house was the farthest from Tiger Mountain Road, about 1/4 mile as one drives down 241[SUP]st [/SUP]and down our driveway. There was a short trail that one could take from 241[SUP]st[/SUP] to our house that shortened that distance slightly by bypassing the driveway.

David walked down this trail, which would have taken him to 241[SUP]st[/SUP] just above the bridge over the creek. After crossing the bridge, he would follow 241[SUP]st[/SUP] up the hill on the other side. When the road leveled off, he had two ways to get home. He could follow 241[SUP]st[/SUP] out to Tiger Mountain Road, then walk along Tiger Mountain Road to 240[SUP]th[/SUP], or he could look for a break in the trees that indicated a trail that would take him across an undeveloped lot to 240[SUP]th[/SUP]. The land along 241[SUP]st[/SUP] in the area of the trail was mostly cleared of trees, possibly to accommodate horses. This would require a short cross country walk through brush to reach the more heavily treed area along 240[SUP]th[/SUP]. The trail would take him through the trees to 240[SUP]th[/SUP]. Then he would walk along 240[SUP]th[/SUP] to his home.

There really wasn’t any way to get lost, and certainly not in any place where searchers would not find him, or neighborhood kids or developers would not eventually run across a body.

To clarify some questions that were asked on another forum:

David was seen leaving our house by myself, my brother and my father, who was watching from a kitchen window. As far as I know, there were no other witnesses. Unless my brother accompanied him down to the creek, and I don’t remember him doing so, there is no way of verifying that he even made it as far as the end of the trail down to the road near the creek. The searches started from our house, so the dogs would have been following a scent trail that originated from our house. If several of the dogs followed David’s scent to a particular neighbor’s house, it is very likely that it is because David took that route, though dogs are known to pick up scents other than the person they are searching for. The dogs were trained German Shepherd search dogs that were handled by volunteers working closely with the King County Sherriff’s department. The volunteers were all members of The German Shepherd Search Dogs of Washington State.

attachment.php

Thank you for joining and adding what you remember. Really helps lay things out. What is the area like now? Do you still live there? (I will get on google maps when I can)
What do you think happened to David? It does seem very unlikely that he ran away with a gf.

I no longer live there. Google maps shows a lot more houses along 241st, but still heavily forested. Areas that had been cleared for horses have filled in.

My best guess is that David was abducted. Otherwise he or his body would have been found. A lot of kids played in the woods in that area or followed trails to and from each others houses. A lot of that area has since been developed. If local kids didn't find a body, developers would have. He had to have been taken out of the area by somebody.

As I am remembering things better, I remember a few details that I got wrong, though they don't have any real bearing on what happened. The building I labeled Our House on my map had not been built yet. We were living in a smaller structure that was intended to become a garage that sat between that building and the end of the driveway. When we did build our house, it was the second one built on 241st, so at the time there was only one other house along the road. On the map it is the one just below where I wrote No Trail Here. The house farther up on the right had not been built yet.

That neighbor that was evasive, how come he wasn't investigated further? Specially if the dogs hit his house.

That confused me when I read that. Wouldn't LE investigate further if the dogs led them to that house? Wouldn't they bring in another unit to verify that finding? Maybe back then they did not obtain warrants based on tracking dogs? Why else would they just walk away, shrugging their shoulders? Confusing at a minimum.

Sbryce, did you know the neighbor that was questioned and if so, any thoughts on that?

Thank you for sharing your detailed information and personal account on this.

Probably would've been solved if the police followed up on the neighbor whose house the dog got a hit. "Probable cause" for a search warrant or at least a trip to the police station for interrogation.

Hi all, I know this thread has been quiet for a minute but I just recently learned of this case and that the person of interest is now a resident of Lewis County. I live in Centralia and was just curious of the person’s name/last name. It’s a pretty small community!

Guys, this is probably a super long shot... But I read that the family had recently moved into their home. But, where from?
Did they every live in California?
Could a boy as old as 8 be abducted and then not remember what state he lived in?
I found a unidentified living man listed on NAMUS that thinks he was abducted from California as a child. The profile says the man is in Oklahoma now. David's case is the only one that seemed to be the right timeline/age.
Maybe he just remembered living in the West coast? The namus profile doesn't have a lot of detail, but I still suggested it as a match. You never know...

Unidentified Person Case
Uid & David have blue eyes.
Uid days he used to have brown hair,
David had brown hair.
Namus doesn't show that he's been excluded yet. And both profiles are still active, so I'm guessing that means they haven't been compared.
Weirdly, namus compared uid to an adult male that went missing just last year.... I don't understand why they would have made that comparison?
Any ideas?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts