Sievers Sidebar #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is the info about building the big house? (I had taken a break from this case for a while and just came back to it last night)

I have watched so many videos now my eyes are crossing. I believe it was the interview with SMS on "Behind the Headlines" that was linked a bit up-thread, he mentioned some TV shows (possibly movies too?) were interested in portraying this case. Others on here have mentioned (and I agree) how this whole thing is like a Shakespearean tragedy.

Would you watch a made for TV movie or major motion picture about this case? Personally, I am not so sure about those, but I would like to watch a "Forensic Files" regarding all the new tech they're using. You have to wonder how people think they can get away with stuff these days - especially a conspiracy to commit murder! Besides the fact I can't wrap my head around ever harming someone...I would be looking over my shoulder the rest of my life. Some of the DNA and other forensics that have been developed is mind boggling. When you can go back 30+ years, prove beyond a reasonable doubt, and convict someone of capital murder.... If I were a criminal, I'd :freakedout::hills: !!

I am hoping lifetime movie network keeps walking. they don't portray the real story. i'm subbing in a Intro to Law class tomorrow. we might discuss this case tomorrow. ! need fresh eyes and ears input

BBM I agree with this. An "addict" in the true sense can't just start and stop. IMHO TS was no "weed addict" and I also agree with PP that since she isn't here to defend herself, I am not taking the words of LS and MS on what her lifestyle choices were. I especially don't believe MS about a bottle of pills that have HIS name on the bottle. Nope, show me proof.

This is just my opinion and obviously some people will disagree. Maybe it's different for different people and in that vein, please know that I do not mean any disrespect to those with different experiences. Y'all can and do share yours, so off I go :) This is a steam of consciousness kind of babble, so forgive me if I miss some things that I should have included. It's not intentional.

I agree that addiction has a precise definition. I believe an addict is an addict only while using and needs it daily to function somewhat normally. I'm not going into all of the parameters, anyone can look it up DSM-V. If someone hasn't used for months and they aren't obsessively thinking about it, talking about it, pining for it, planning how to get it, fantasizing how good it was, they're no longer addicted. In my uneducated opinion. They can always start using again and if the previously disruptive and self-destructive behaviors occur, they are again an addict. Is there a difference between a dependency and an addiction? I think so. I think there can be varying degrees, too. Maybe I confuse mental dependency with physical dependency. I've experienced both. My dependency was just that: I depended on it, but it didn't send me to the hospital when I (finally) changed my behavior and stopped. My addiction was completely different because it involved my physical self in addition to the mental and emotional when I finally stopped that. At that time, I wholly knew and accepted my fate that I was addicted. However, I don't consider myself an alcoholic/addict and haven't for decades because the issues that brought me into that life are no longer an issue. The only time I even remember these things to talk about it are when the subject comes up like now.

I think it's self destructive in itself to constantly label oneself that you're an addict or alcoholic for the rest of your life if you haven't abused, or used or even obsessed about the substance in years. One can be aware of their own potential for abuse, but if it's not an obsession for you while you haven't been using, you don't have to put that negative albatross around your neck. There has to be a better way. I haven't visited AA, but I went to an Overeater's Anon mtg as a buddy for co-worker and was appalled and really, really sad that every time someone spoke, they prefaced it with Hi, I'm ____ and I'm an overeater. Every single time. If someone spoke 9 times, they said it 9 times. Isn't it enough that we walked through the door with that name on it? Obviously, it works for a lot of people. I just preferred a more positive motive and direction. I just got the feeling that it was completely about white-knuckling it while beating it into yourself that you have a problem.

I just feel like people who may be reading here can read an opinion and have hope of a life other than once an addict, always an addict.

My bottom line opinion: if she hadn't used for months and wasn't obsessing about the fact that she wasn't, then she was not an addict if she ever was because I don't know if she was or if it was just loosely using that word 'addict' as a shortcut.

i don't normally post directly, so if this is wrong location or not discussable, please advise. That being said..

1) Do we know if or where LS is currently employed,, & if so, doing what ?? >>(something magical me is sure >>> I know things )

2) Do we know if Frank & Susan are employed elsewhere and in same capacity?

I am curious if MS is being tracked and if he communicates with any of the above three.

Thankfully I had the LS file downloaded so was able to listen to it again. Unfortunately right now I am headed out to look for a lost dog in our neighborhood otherwise I would listen again and post a brief synopsis. Its never the same though but I'll do that later.

One important thing we know now is that Teresa did in fact know about the lien. I wish we knew WHEN she became aware of it- all along or more recently. I'm pretty sure LE knows though and that's good enough for me. It might have been the impetus to the eventual outcome.

I now feel comfortable in saying I believe that LS became a homeschooler with the help of/influence of or because of Mark/Teresa- my gut tells me the former individual would have been much happier then the latter in regards to that decision. This adds even another layer to LS infiltration of all things Sievers- she had worked her way into becoming TS good friend and supposed confidant. She had become a part of the business and practice and now we know she became a homeschooling pal, along with her children to Mark Sievers (the other homeschooling parent).

I no likey.

Her interviews are dripping with veiled and shabbily disguised contempt for Teresa- her personality and personal traits especially. While I have no doubt that Lenka admired her as a physician I don't think she necessarily liked her approach towards life or people.

She 'likes' Mark- that much is very apparent.

This whole scenario stinks to high heaven.

I cannot wait until discovery from Marks phone comes out. I believe the whole story (the parts we are missing or making assumptions about) will become crystal clear. I believe the moment LE had that (had his phone downloaded and in their possession) much became very clear to them.

I wonder where this idea comes from that the Spiska's have access to all sorts of money. I don't think they even own their home but I could be mistaken.

SMS most recent interview sheds some new light and rereading old posts from the VI's does too.

Are you still thinking LS and MS had an affair? If you do, I don't think they were together in a "sexual" way but again anything could have happened. LS wanted a practice by being a partner and i'm sure money was a highlight for her too

I feel the same way without even knowing Teresa. She was so obviously in a terrible situation, without knowing it, yet persevering and coping as best she could. She was living with someone who was planning to murder her! Imagine the mixed messages. Gas lighting.

And her close "friend", the intuitive. Why did she not intuit that Dr. Teresa's life was in danger? Anyone selling their "psychic gifts" should be ashamed for missing this one. Think about it. A person who claims to be intuitive is working directly with someone, "helping them", over a long period of time, during which the person's murder is being planned by a third person who is also in close proximity to the intuitive! Really!

I think she needs to find a new career.
Just my opinion, of course

I'm catching up a bit in reading here. I agree 100% with you on this and so many other comments regarding LS. During the phone conversation where AL was telling her not to talk to the media there was some comment about "get them out of there now" by AL. If it was the media that was at LS's house, I find it interesting how she had so much time to do interviews with the media, etc. but didn't seem to have much time to go down and talk to Law Enforcement. I'm getting the impression that the hard core desire and determination to tell the media and the world about Teresa and how awesome she was vs. what the investigators were requesting is shady and sinister....a little overboard on the "I wanna know why!!!!" screaming also.

i don't normally post directly, so if this is wrong location or not discussable, please advise. That being said..

1) Do we know if or where LS is currently employed,, & if so, doing what ?? >>(something magical me is sure >>> I know things )

2) Do we know if Frank & Susan are employed elsewhere and in same capacity?

I am curious if MS is being tracked and if he communicates with any of the above three.

I don't think LS is employee worthy right now, especially in Florida after this case happened. I really don't think MS is reading parenting books while in seclusion either. I'm sure he has found the way to communicate with others for his own purpose

i guess i meant 'tracked' in the sense of phone taps , being followed,, i know this information would not be made public, but, I am curious to the status of any continued relationships,, which would be indicative of possible involvement outside of the original '3 Stooges'

Here is info I got on alternatives from that radical orginization AARP. Is it American Association of Retired Persons?

http://www.aarp.org/health/healthy-...&utm_content=10+Tips+To+Prevent+Heart+Disease

6. Think outside the pillbox

If you're taking nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) for chronic pain, you might want to try promising alternative treatments instead. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) just strengthened its warning against NSAIDs, saying they can increase heart attack and stroke risk even if you've been taking them only a short while. Possible relief alternatives for chronic pain include acupuncture, biofeedback, therapeutic touch, Reiki, hypnosis, chiropractic adjustments — even medical marijuana.

This is just my opinion and obviously some people will disagree. Maybe it's different for different people and in that vein, please know that I do not mean any disrespect to those with different experiences. Y'all can and do share yours, so off I go :) This is a steam of consciousness kind of babble, so forgive me if I miss some things that I should have included. It's not intentional.

I agree that addiction has a precise definition. I believe an addict is an addict only while using and needs it daily to function somewhat normally. I'm not going into all of the parameters, anyone can look it up DSM-V. If someone hasn't used for months and they aren't obsessively thinking about it, talking about it, pining for it, planning how to get it, fantasizing how good it was, they're no longer addicted. In my uneducated opinion. They can always start using again and if the previously disruptive and self-destructive behaviors occur, they are again an addict. Is there a difference between a dependency and an addiction? I think so. I think there can be varying degrees, too. Maybe I confuse mental dependency with physical dependency. I've experienced both. My dependency was just that: I depended on it, but it didn't send me to the hospital when I (finally) changed my behavior and stopped. My addiction was completely different because it involved my physical self in addition to the mental and emotional when I finally stopped that. At that time, I wholly knew and accepted my fate that I was addicted. However, I don't consider myself an alcoholic/addict and haven't for decades because the issues that brought me into that life are no longer an issue. The only time I even remember these things to talk about it are when the subject comes up like now.

I think it's self destructive in itself to constantly label oneself that you're an addict or alcoholic for the rest of your life if you haven't abused, or used or even obsessed about the substance in years. One can be aware of their own potential for abuse, but if it's not an obsession for you while you haven't been using, you don't have to put that negative albatross around your neck. There has to be a better way. I haven't visited AA, but I went to an Overeater's Anon mtg as a buddy for co-worker and was appalled and really, really sad that every time someone spoke, they prefaced it with Hi, I'm ____ and I'm an overeater. Every single time. If someone spoke 9 times, they said it 9 times. Isn't it enough that we walked through the door with that name on it? Obviously, it works for a lot of people. I just preferred a more positive motive and direction. I just got the feeling that it was completely about white-knuckling it while beating it into yourself that you have a problem.

I just feel like people who may be reading here can read an opinion and have hope of a life other than once an addict, always an addict.

My bottom line opinion: if she hadn't used for months and wasn't obsessing about the fact that she wasn't, then she was not an addict if she ever was because I don't know if she was or if it was just loosely using that word 'addict' as a shortcut.

The physical addiction is one part. The biggest part is the emotional part.

That is what people try to deal with in addiction. Stopping is only one part.

Exactly. I worked with women from the domestic abuse shelter for a couple of years. I know that exactly. But the women in the shelter came from poverty as those with more support had other options than a shelter and I never worked with them.

What I am saying is that all of these defenses of Teresa are making her as less. It is implied that she is less and incapable because people are defending things they see as negative. Building a big house is apparently a value judgment and defending that implies that it is a negative thing to do.

I simply do not know how to explain this.

If someone defends me to others, that implies that whatever I did is seen as bad. So people defend that bad action.

Whereas on my part, I have chosen to do something for my own reasons and do not need anyone to defend me. That defense implies that I am powerless.

Does that make any sense at all?

I simply see it as not respectful to continue defending Teresa. She was a person who did all kinds of great things. She is being diminished in my eyes.

Yes, you absolutely make sense. I posted the same sentiment early on and I had forgotten I felt that way.

:peace:

Was she a medical assistant or LPN? So sorry, I had just seen her referred to as a nurse and in the clip I saw, she had a stethoscope around her neck. I didn't think anything of it nor had any clue she wasn't. My DH MD has medical or nursing assistants and one LPN in His office as employing an RN is costly so I totally get it. Thanks for the clarification.

Partially my fault, I referred to her as nurse in a few posts since I thought she was. I will refer to her as SH in future posts so I don't offend. I seem to be on a roll of pissing the insiders off lately. My apologies! *waves white flag*

Partially my fault, I referred to her as nurse in a few posts since I thought she was. I will refer to her as SH in future posts so I don't offend. I seem to be on a roll of pissing the insiders off lately. My apologies! *waves white flag*
Oh no worries from me anyway. I am more perturbed with LE referring to TS as Ms versus Dr.

She earned that titled and IMO should be called Dr. Sievers by LE. Now that is me being nit picky lol.

Oh no worries from me anyway. I am more perturbed with LE referring to TS as Ms versus Dr.

She earned that titled and IMO should be called Dr. Sievers by LE. Now that is me being nit picky lol.

You're right on the nose! I'd even like to see her referred to as Dr. Tottenham if that's the name she earned her doctorate. No credit to MS whatsoever for her hard word and achievements. grrr.

Not sure where to post, but the purple truck with trailer is still parked in the drive. NBC-2 is on Jarvis and just did video of Mark...I think with this guy (purple truck). The plates are from New Mexico.

Not sure where to post, but the purple truck with trailer is still parked in the drive. NBC-2 is on Jarvis and just did video of Mark...I think with this guy (purple truck). The plates are from New Mexico.

Can you give us any more details of what might be going on?

I probably didn't post what I meant effectively. There is no problem with a physician taking anti depressant meds at all. Where it could possibly become an issue is if the doctor is sued for malpractice or someone makes a complaint with the State and an investigation into the doctor ensues. Sorry for not being clear before. Apparently this has happened and doctors have become wary...

IMOO
Watch a trial, it is very very often asked if so & so takes any medications. It is done for the implication that they are defective. I know of a Psychiatrist couple that specifically caters to unpapered professionals.. doctors, lawyers, judges etc etc.

I wonder if he's starting to sell off furniture? Have you seen anything being moved? I can't really think of anything they may have that someone would drive from NM to buy? Hmmmm

ETA: I hope LE is close by just in case

Watch a trial, it is very very often asked if so & so takes any medications. It is done for the implication that they are defective. I know of a Psychiatrist couple that specifically caters to unpapered professionals.. doctors, lawyers, judges etc etc.

Isn't the stigma attached ridiculous? I had hoped we were more evolved than that, but no. I know psychiatrists who do the same thing for the same population you speak of and then some. It really makes me sad...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deluhg01