Possible Victim: Fire Island Jane Doe, UP9098, found Davis Park Apr 1996 & Ocean Parkway Apr 2011 - Karen Vergata

I created this animated GIF to show how the recon aligns to Chantal Picotte's face.

Chantal's face is turned slightly to her right, so the overlay isn't perfectly compatible with the recon, but it gives a pretty good look at how similar her facial shape is to the recon.

Fire%20Island%20JD%20and%20Chantal%20Picotte%202a.gif
Its a really good likeness....has she been ruled out???

Arrr having a blonde moment.....found our forum posts and various threads...please ignore me...

(Red faced...turns and walks out the door hoping no one noticed)

Not sure what to say.....but something weird is definitely going on....can't even find a quick link here to all the many posts made by members over the years..???? why is it so hard to find our forum posts on LISK??? or is it just me?....I used to be able to go to the parking lot and click and simply find multiple posts and threads on LISK...but now they all seem to have vanished....lucky to have found this thread it seems...???....what's going on??.....Bittrollff is a big question mark for me also....along with some deleted aerial pics of his brother's of ocean parkway from his (his brothers) facebook account soon after John was arrested ...why was his brother taking aerial shots specifically of the ocean beach parkway from a seaplane - that's all he uploaded and posted on FB....only to delete them once his brother was arrested???

Pug did you manage to capture any of the photos from a seaplane? Take a look at Seaslug44's early posts and try to find the the pictures from the seaplane. He posted a ton. I am wondering if they might be the same images Bittrolff's brother had.

There was one article about the legs being found in the Long Island Advocate in 1996. Between that time and the time the skull was linked to the them, has anyone found another article talking just about the legs?

Thanks,
Rachel

I realize this is like a year after you asked this but I have a copy of the original news article about the legs that were found on FI! Sorry it isn't the best quality but luckily it's still legible!
attachment.php

Attachments

• 1491774_1480926278803529_3819859219317301011_n.jpg
    1491774_1480926278803529_3819859219317301011_n.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 361
I am not sure where I should post this comment. It really could apply to all the LISK victims. However I figured to start where the victims seem to start. She is the earliest known victim. As her legs were found in 1996 and her skull showing up along the long island beaches in 2011.

I just want to mention the name John Bittrolff. Has anyone heard of this Carpenter from Manorville, NY? He was arrested in July 2014 for the 20 year old murders of two maybe three prostitutes, found near Manorville, NY in 1993-94.

I find it interesting that he has been ruled out so quickly as the LISK. DNA links him to two of the 93-94 murders. One in Nov 93 and the other in Jan 94. If the third is linked to him, She was killed in Dec 93. That's one victim a month. Do you really think he would just stop? That's hard to believe, especially since he got away with those for so long?

He was arrested in 90 for assault. So maybe that's when he graduated to killing. To avoid further arrest. Then the first murder victims were able to be identified, so he graduated to mutilating the bodies making it harder for the police. As a carpenter I would imagine he has a wide variety of tools that he could use to help him dismember some of the bodies. A box cutter razor blade would have been a handy mans tool. Thinking of the mutilated tattoo of Jessica Taylor. Whose Torso was found in 2003 in Manorville, NY.

Below is an article that makes some links between one of the victims Rita Tangredi of John Bittrolff and a victim of the LISK. Tangredi's Daughter was a close friend to Melissa Barthelemy who was the first victim found along Ocean Parkway. Remember Melissa's sister was the one who received those taunting calls from who is believed to be the murderer. This article also finds a connection between one of the 4 Atlantic City Golden Key Motel murders of 2006. Molly Jean Dilts Found in NJ was Facebook friends with Amber Lynn Costello, another of the LISK victims.
http://pix11.com/2015/03/17/from-gilgo-beach-to-atlantic-city-a-serial-killer-by-the-sea/

You think LE was to quick to rule him out? I think that would need a lot more investigating and maybe interrogating?
I was searching the web today to find out if he had been prosecuted or where he is and could not find anything. Not privy to a lot of out East local media. I think clearly that there are some links to his victims, body parts to LISK and have always thought he fit the profile so well.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Again, don't want to step on anyone's toes, but I have a suggestion on who may match Fire Island Jane Doe. The middle picture appears to be a high school picture near the time of her disapperance. The last picture I superimposed FI Jane Doe with an age progression of Heidi Wilbur.

Heidi Dawn Wilbur, Namus MP #6974 aged 16, went missing from Vermont February 1991. 5' 4" 100 lbs. at the time of her disapperance. She has numerous scars listed, including leg and is listed as endangered runaway. Authorities believe she hitchhiked out of the area. Additionally, she would have been 21 years old in 1996.

Further details
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/w/wilbur_heide.html

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/6974/283/

Attachments

• thumb fi.jpg
    thumb fi.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 242
  • thumb_10421.jpeg
    thumb_10421.jpeg
    3.9 KB · Views: 376
  • thumbwilbur_heide_ap2.jpg
    thumbwilbur_heide_ap2.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 248
I realize this is like a year after you asked this but I have a copy of the original news article about the legs that were found on FI! Sorry it isn't the best quality but luckily it's still legible!
attachment.php

Amazing find, thank you so much for sharing this Alnilam.

I was searching the web today to find out if he had been prosecuted or where he is and could not find anything. Not privy to a lot of out East local media. I think clearly that there are some links to his victims, body parts to LISK and have always thought he fit the profile so well.
Link to Bittrolf's most recent thread in the LISK forum.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10815261

This thread is for Fire Island Jane Doe.

Thanks

Looking at the scarring found on Fire Island Jane Doe, is it possible that she was born with a birth defect such as Arthrogryposis?
Heide Wilbur has so many numerous scars listed for a 16 year old, including wrist, hand, leg and forehead. Makes me wonder if she may have had surgery to fix muscle contractions as an infant?

I think if we can identify fire island Jane doe ( supposing she's the first victim) then we can find the long island serial killer. There's a chance he may have known this first victim.

I think if we can identify fire island Jane doe ( supposing she's the first victim ) then we can find the long island serial killer. There's a chance he may have known this first victim.

I was looking up what kind of incident would cause the scarring on the right leg, and it sounds like she may have had a fasciotomy, which is a surgical procedure to reduce swelling caused by trauma. That, along with the left ankle surgery, would lead me to believe she had been in a car accident, or something that caused that trauma to both legs.

So if, as was suggested before, it was not a birth defect, is there any way to search accident records in New York? Most injuries that require this surgery in children are caused by trauma from impact in an automobile accident, but teenaged and adult athletes also suffer from it. She could have been into gymnastics or dancing as a young woman.

We looked at the fasciotomy angle long ago. Assuming that that is what these scars actually are, my guess is that she may have been a jogger. I scoured pages upon pages of missing person lists looking for a missing jogger that might fit the info we have on Fire Island Jane, but never turned up a thing.

Since we have new posters here now, perhaps a fresh set of eyes could take a look.

ETA: I was intrigued by this recent case. Jogger, had surgery on both legs when younger, strangled, sexually assaulted, body left in a weedy area in a Nat'l Park in Queens.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/04/nyregion/missing-jogger-found-dead-in-queens.html?_r=0

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Vetrano-30-found-murdered-Queens-2-Aug-2016-1

A jogger ... yes, of course. There has been so many sad stories of women attacked while jogging recently. If this victim is one of the LISK women though, she would most likely be a sex worker. I feel like a jogger who went missing would be reported missing and she would be identified before now.

This age progression of missing girl Patricia Taylor looks a bit like Jane Doe's sketch.

attachment.php

Attachments

• taylorpatricia1-lg.jpg
    taylorpatricia1-lg.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 152

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads