Identified! PA - White Haven, 'Beth Doe' & Unborn Baby 169UFPA, 16-22, Dec'76 - #2 - Evelyn Colon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I have contacted one ofthe persons listed there, now I contacted the next one... Hope I'll get some reaction this time. :(

Has Rose Cole ever been ruled out? She has DNA and dentals in Namus, but automatic rule-outs cannot necessarily be relied upon.

Its very likely not a match because as far as I know Rose wasn't in Europe, but the vital stats fit and there is some resemblance. It would be good to see a proper comparison made and it could be done very quickly and easily.

Wow, that was quick. I received a response and they looked into it but Eileen was ruled out with DNA.

Wow. That's a story I'd never heard before.

You think Beth might be one of that dude's runaway "wives"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow. That's a story I'd never heard before.

You think Beth might be one of that dude's runaway "wives"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The police seem to think it's a possibility. I'm interested in finding out more

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I had the misfortune of accidentally seeing a picture of Beth doe postmortem, and I have to say that the sketch of her created at the time of her death is a very close likeness in my honest opinion. It can be found on her wiki page.

Central Europe... Would that include portions of Germany? I'm not clear on which countries count as 'Central Europe' despite being English!

Oh also, I apologise if this has already been said, but the writing on her hand makes me think- license plate - which makes me think she may be a sex worker because sometimes sex workers write down license plate numbers for safety or whatever. I read about it happening in Green River, Running Red. I also read in the book that Ridgway killed a pregnant sex worker so it's sadly something that cannot be ruled out :(

Well, there's enough time for her to have come to the US and lived in Tennessee and all the rest. She'd be 26 in 1976, though, which is a bit older than Beth's age range. But there's not really enough information to make more than a guess.

I had the misfortune of accidentally seeing a picture of Beth doe postmortem, and I have to say that the sketch of her created at the time of her death is a very close likeness in my honest opinion. It can be found on her wiki page.

Central Europe... Would that include portions of Germany? I'm not clear on which countries count as 'Central Europe' despite being English!

I attached a nifty little map courtesy of Google Images. There seems to be a general consensus on everything I read on what countries are considered central Europe.

And here's some statistic on immigration to the United States:

http://www.migrationpolicy.org/programs/data-hub/charts/largest-immigrant-groups-over-time

According to that link, the United States saw immigrants from Poland, Austria, Germany, and Hungary during the time period Beth would have moved to the United States. There's a giant portion of the circle that is other, which isn't really broken down.

I'm going to do some more looking to see if it is broken down any further or if they have any info on where they settled. There's also the chance that she wasn't an immigrant and was the child of a military family stationed in Europe who moved back to the US.

This case is so sad and frustrating to me. I can't even begin to understand what happened to this young girl.

Attachments

• Central-Europe.jpg
    Central-Europe.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 38
I attached a nifty little map courtesy of Google Images. There seems to be a general consensus on everything I read on what countries are considered central Europe.

And here's some statistic on immigration to the United States:

http://www.migrationpolicy.org/programs/data-hub/charts/largest-immigrant-groups-over-time

According to that link, the United States saw immigrants from Poland, Austria, Germany, and Hungary during the time period Beth would have moved to the United States. There's a giant portion of the circle that is other, which isn't really broken down.

I'm going to do some more looking to see if it is broken down any further or if they have any info on where they settled. There's also the chance that she wasn't an immigrant and was the child of a military family stationed in Europe who moved back to the US.

This case is so sad and frustrating to me. I can't even begin to understand what happened to this young girl.

I could have sworn they narrowed it down more to which country but am not seeing it.
Someone turned in Helen Green for Beth Doe and was told Helen had already been compared and ruled out.

I know Helen could not be Beth because Beth had isotopes done, she's from Western or Central Europe; Helen has never been out of Chicago. The person saw Helen's Greek Heritage and figured that could have effected the isotope test. central-eastern-europe-map.jpg

Map of central Europe and a map of Western Europe

I think the family being deployed overseas for the military is plausible.
Looking into MP cases from that area at that time, I'm surprised at the cult activity I read about that lured young kids away from home in PA.

I'm still confused on her nationality, do they think she was of Greek heritage?

I don't think they know anything about her nationality. They know she lived in central Europe, but while that might mean she was an immigrant from that area, it might also mean she was part of a military family-- there were upwards of 200,000 troops stationed in Germany alone in the 1970's, not counting support personnel--or maybe in a diplomatic family.

Thought of two more options: child of a family living overseas for business reasons, child of a one-American-parent/one-European-parent family.

I don't think they know anything about her nationality. They know she lived in central Europe, but while that might mean she was an immigrant from that area, it might also mean she was part of a military family-- there were upwards of 200,000 troops stationed in Germany alone in the 1970's, not counting support personnel--or maybe in a diplomatic family.

Thought of two more options: child of a family living overseas for business reasons, child of a one-American-parent/one-European-parent family.

Carbuff is right, they tested isotopes not for genealogy.

Wish we knew what her nationality was, I have been reading a little bit about the black market adoptions that took place involving Greek children that were born in the late 50's, many of these "adoptions" were done by Stephen Scopas we was arrested in 1959 but then acquitted. It is so sad to think about these people who are now looking for their parents. Not saying that this is Beth's case just thinking how much harder it would be for this case if she had been adopted.

There were also thousands of legal adoptions of European orphans. That's why the illegal operation was able to be successful--it was just one of many so it didn't attract much attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wulongfei125