GUILTY GA - ‘We were just burning': Ga. man poured boiling water over gay couple

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
‘We were just burning': Ga. man poured boiling water over gay couple as they lay in bed, police say
Editor’s note: This post contains graphic images.
A month ago, Tolbert, 21, and his boyfriend Anthony Gooden Jr., 23, were jolted out of sleep by the feeling of boiling water splashing across their torsos, faces and limbs. Gooden’s mother’s boyfriend, Martin Blackwell, stood over them, pouring the water, they say.
[video=youtube;orU9SzHOi-M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orU9SzHOi-M[/video]
imrs.php

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ver-gay-couple-as-they-lay-in-bed-police-say/

This is just horrible. I do not understand how one human could do something so horrid to another human. I hope these guys heal both physically and emotionally.

Sickening. I'm disgusted that I have to share a planet with such awful people!

What kind of heartless monster would do this? This is not someone I could refer to as a human being. I can't believe such hate exists, but sadly we see horrible things like this over and over.

Marquez and Anthony: You are in my thoughts and prayers. I'm so sorry you were victims of this monster. Don't forget that there are people who care about you, who love you. May justice be swift and severe!

The comments on the Washington Post article are, in some ways, more disgusting. People calmly trying to make rational arguments against the "gay lifestyle" using quotes from philosophers and such, not just religion. I just can't...it leaves me speechless. :banghead:

I'm just imagining that hateful man standing there at the stove waiting for the water to boil, knowing what he was going to do with it. I don't even have words for this :(

I'm just imagining that hateful man standing there at the stove waiting for the water to boil, knowing what he was going to do with it. I don't even have words for this :(

[emoji24][emoji24]

The comments on the Washington Post article are, in some ways, more disgusting. People calmly trying to make rational arguments against the "gay lifestyle" using quotes from philosophers and such, not just religion. I just can't...it leaves me speechless. :banghead:

I don't care if the victims were gay, straight, white, black, green or purple. There is absolutely NO excuse for anyone doing this to another human being. :banghead:

From The Washington Post article:

“Georgia has had no hate crime statute since the state’s supreme court struck down the law in 2004. But WSBTV reported that Blackwell could face federal hate crime charges for the alleged attack.

Marquez told the TV station he has no doubt that hate was what fueled this.

“Why else would you pour boiling water on somebody?” he asked.”​

There are always people ready to justify cruelty and blame the victim.

What on Earth could they possibly have done to deserve this?

“The pain doesn’t let you sleep,” he continued. “It’s excruciating, 24 hours a day. It doesn’t go anywhere, it doesn’t dial down. It’s just there.”

A jury convicted a Georgia man on Wednesday for throwing boiled water on a same-sex couplesleeping in an apartment​, leaving them with severe burns that required surgery.

Jurors deliberated for about 90 minutes before finding Martin Blackwell guilty of eight counts of aggravated battery and two counts of aggravated assault in the attack on Anthony Gooden and Marquez Tolbert. He was sentenced to 40 years in prison.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/jury-convicts-georgia-man-who-threw-boiled-water-on-gay-couple/

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woohoo3
Back