GUILTY CA - Rabihah, 68, & Amir Issa, 38, murdered, North Hills, 29 March 2016

Oh my gosh. I have no words after reading and watching some of the video on the FB page of the victim. Very sad. That is all I can say.

Now the LAPD is saying that Emir's sexual orientation wasn't a key factor:
“His sexual orientation was not the key factor,” said LAPD Operations-Valley Bureau Homicide Detective Steve Castro. “There were other issues upsetting to the father.”
http://www.dailynewsx.com/news/poli...geles-man-allegedly-killed-gay-son-77650.html
It wouldn't surprise me if before too long the case is dropped and the father is considered a victim whose wife was murdered and who acted in self defense rather than a perp. The neighbors say he complained about various things about his son, but not about his son's sexual orientation.

“His sexual orientation was not the key factor,” said LAPD Operations-Valley Bureau Homicide Detective Steve Castro. “There were other issues upsetting to the father.”
http://www.dailynewsx.com/news/poli...geles-man-allegedly-killed-gay-son-77650.html
It wouldn't surprise me if before too long the case is dropped and the father is considered a victim whose wife was murdered and who acted in self defense rather than a perp. The neighbors say he complained about various things about his son, but not about his son's sexual orientation.

After seeing that video, I agree.

JMO.

I would like to know what the basis was for the initial announcement that the son was killed because he was gay.

Just because a gay person is killed, it doesn't mean that he was killed because he was gay. Same as, just because a Muslim woman is killed, it doesn't mean she was killed because she was Muslim.

I would like to know what the basis was for the initial announcement that the son was killed because he was gay.

Sadly, because it makes for a more salacious headline. And of course it went viral because of the LGBT outrage thinking it was a hate crime.

After seeing that video, I agree.

JMO.

Me too. This was literally down the street from my office and about 5 miles from my house. I have thought since the beginning that the son killed the mother and the father killed the son out of grief/self defense. CRAZY!

Bingo. I totally agree.
I've been afraid to say what I think because it is such a sensitive subject and I didn't want to offend. However, with the son's violent history and all that I have read...I believe this was the case. Amier killed his mother and the father just lost it.

So very sad. The entire situation.

Bingo. I totally agree.
I've been afraid to say what I think because it is such a sensitive subject and I didn't want to offend. However, with the son's violent history and all that I have read...I believe this was the case. Amier killed his mother and the father just lost it.

So very sad. The entire situation.

That's what I think happened too. I think the father killed perhaps out of self-defense, but probably also out of rage. There was a lot of anger in that family, based on that video that was posted on Facebook. And, perhaps that rage is where the false headline happened - maybe the father in the horrible aftermath of everything spewed off about his son, and people made the assumption that the murder was because the son was gay, when that really was not the cause at all.

Really complicated case...cannot be explained in a headline.

I don't know if this is an attempt at face-saving by the LAPD/DA or what as this is just getting weirder:
Police believe the primary reason a Los Angeles man killed his adult son was to cover up for the stabbing death of his wife the previous day, and not chiefly because the son was gay, as prosecutors have alleged.http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/la-police-sexuality-key-factor-gay-sons-killing-38178279
This seems particularly weird since if this was part of a highly premeditated plan to commit multiple murders over a period of days and have a cover story, that Shehada would have planted the murder weapon on the Amir (or had it in his possession if he was unable to plant it) as Amir wasn't found with the murder weapon on him.
It would seem an easier explanation would be that he thought his son was armed with a knife at the time and he was probably quite emotional both during the event as well as afterwards being interviewed by police plus there may be some cultural misunderstanding in how Shehada answered questions. I'd think if they're going to float this as some uber-premeditation they're going to have to give some reason why the father's primary target was his wife with the father basically planning on framing and killing his son.

I don't know if this is an attempt at face-saving by the LAPD/DA or what as this is just getting weirder:
Police believe the primary reason a Los Angeles man killed his adult son was to cover up for the stabbing death of his wife the previous day, and not chiefly because the son was gay, as prosecutors have alleged.http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/la-police-sexuality-key-factor-gay-sons-killing-38178279
This seems particularly weird since if this was part of a highly premeditated plan to commit multiple murders over a period of days and have a cover story, that Shehada would have planted the murder weapon on the Amir (or had it in his possession if he was unable to plant it) as Amir wasn't found with the murder weapon on him.
It would seem an easier explanation would be that he thought his son was armed with a knife at the time and he was probably quite emotional both during the event as well as afterwards being interviewed by police plus there may be some cultural misunderstanding in how Shehada answered questions. I'd think if they're going to float this as some uber-premeditation they're going to have to give some reason why the father's primary target was his wife with the father basically planning on framing and killing his son.

So I guess we've entered the "just when you think it can't get any weirder" phase of this case.

That's what I think happened too. I think the father killed perhaps out of self-defense, but probably also out of rage. There was a lot of anger in that family, based on that video that was posted on Facebook. And, perhaps that rage is where the false headline happened - maybe the father in the horrible aftermath of everything spewed off about his son, and people made the assumption that the murder was because the son was gay, when that really was not the cause at all.

Really complicated case...cannot be explained in a headline.

I could potentially see manslaughter as the father shot twice as one or both shots may have been in revenge for the stabbing death of the wife and the father wanted to be sure that the son was killed rather than just injured. It might be that the police are misinterpreting it into seeing this first as a hate crime and then as some multi-day premeditation to kill both the wife and the son as part of some grand plan rather than the father intentionally killing in anger for what happened to his wife.

If the wife was killed the day before. Then hubby did it and killed his son outside before he could alert the authorities. He probably blamed his wife for coddling the son when he was younger. Idk.

If the wife was killed the day before. Then hubby did it and killed his son outside before he could alert the authorities. He probably blamed his wife for coddling the son when he was younger. Idk.

The shooting of the son occurred at about 9am. The stabbing of the mother is estimated to have happened 12-24 hours earlier.

Scenario A: Father kills mother by stabbing her. Then gets a gun and waits overnight for son to wake up, and father shots son. (The son seems to reside in the back of his parents' home. The parents have been trying to evict him.)

Scenario B: Son kills mother by stabbing while father is sleeping. Son waits overnight for dad to wake up. Confrontation occurs, son is shot.

Just speculating, JMOpinion with what we know now.

Reference to time of shooting: http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...ng-son-because-he-was-gay-20160401-story.html
Reference to time of stabbing: http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-father-son-gay-murder-charge-lapd-20160405-story.html

The thing is if he's trying to frame his son and avoid the body being detected, why wait 12 hours for the framing? To avoid alerting would call for haste, not letting at least 12 hours go by. Also the parents were in the process of evicting the son and had called out LE recently, so there would be more of a motive for the son than the parents, though it doesn't sound like the son was of sound mind.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back