GUILTY CA - Rabihah, 68, & Amir Issa, 38, murdered, North Hills, 29 March 2016

I mean WTH?
I was pretty convinced Amier killed his mother. Was just thrown off by the new twist, that's all.

I'm still leaning toward the son killing the mom....even though LE says the dad did it. I'm sure evidence gathered from the stabbing will indicate who did the crime.

jmOPINION at the moment.

As i read this thread my first thought was that the father killed the mother and then the son. So I was not surprised by the end. I do think the father blamed mom for the son being gay, or protecting her son some how. Just a shame..Such a handsome young man with a full life ahead of him just wasted. Dad has some problems at least that is my opinion . Things are not right in that home..I do think the boy felt something evil from his father.

I do think the boy felt something evil from his father.

According to Amir himself he felt evil from his whole immediate family ("If there is a devil or evil spirit, I truly believe it manifests itself in my family"), said they were controlling him in his sleep and that they were telling people to rape him. He also was convicted of assault with a deadly weapon in 2010 for knifing somebody else in the face leaving them hospitalized. I'd say that him saying that an evil spirit manifests itself in his family combined with him having a record of knifing someone else, I'd think that he would be the more likely one to kill the mother to rid himself of evil spirits with his preferred weapon of choice.

According to Amir himself he felt evil from his whole immediate family ("If there is a devil or evil spirit, I truly believe it manifests itself in my family"), said they were controlling him in his sleep and that they were telling people to rape him. He also was convicted of assault with a deadly weapon in 2010 for knifing somebody else in the face leaving them hospitalized. I'd say that him saying that an evil spirit manifests itself in his family combined with him having a record of knifing someone else, I'd think that he would be the more likely one to kill the mother to rid himself of evil spirits with his preferred weapon of choice.

This is why I'm still leaning toward the son killing the mom. I hate to think that, of course, but this was a disturbed young man. If anyone doubts that, look at his FB page and you'll begin to understand why some of us are suspecting the son as the instigator in this double murder.

Of course, it could've been the father as well, I realize that. But, from the video that was posted on FB, I didn't get a sense of anger of the father toward the mother, but I sure sensed that the son was disgusted with his parents - perhaps especially his mother - and he taunted them in that video and then posted the video online for everyone to see.

JMO

This is why I'm still leaning toward the son killing the mom. I hate to think that, of course, but this was a disturbed young man. If anyone doubts that, look at his FB page and you'll begin to understand why some of us are suspecting the son as the instigator in this double murder.

Of course, it could've been the father as well, I realize that. But, from the video that was posted on FB, I didn't get a sense of anger of the father toward the mother, but I sure sensed that the son was disgusted with his parents - perhaps especially his mother - and he taunted them in that video and then posted the video online for everyone to see.

JMO

I believe you, I just don't have FB, so couldn't look at it. So I can see how you would feel that way, if that disturbing stuff was on his FB.

I believe you, I just don't have FB, so couldn't look at it. So I can see how you would feel that way, if that disturbing stuff was on his FB.

In the video that the son filmed of himself asking questions of his parents, he asked them a very intimate sexual question. His mother answered him, but his father chided him, IIRC, about talking to his mother like that.

IMO, the son was taunting and provoking them. He posted the video on his FB page and some people commented that he needed to take it down (though not all commenters said that). He obviously didn't take it down.

To make a video like that, to ask that kind of question of your mother and then look down on her for her answer, and then to post the conversation online with a public setting so anyone could see it....that is a disturbed and angry son. Does it mean he stabbed his mother? I don't know, but it's a possibility, imo.

I think I summarized the video correctly and delicately for anyone who doesn't have FB, but I don't want to go back and view his FB again to make sure. If I need to be corrected, please do so, anyone!

This article provides his most recent post in full where he says stuff like "If there are any good people on this earth, please help free me from this inhumane slavery...Please help rid this world of the demons that attack me." Reading what he says in full it sounds like he's asking people to help him kill his family ("the demons") and he's a slave:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/amir-issa-facebook-posts_us_570013b2e4b0a06d5805ddf2

Also the parents were in the process of evicting him:
An LAPD detective told the Daily News last week there had been problems between the son and the father, with the son reportedly vandalizing the home. In addition, the couple was in the process of evicting the son from the house.
http://www.mercurynews.com/california/ci_29727648/police-homophobia-not-key-factor-why-los-angeles

I think the father may have committed manslaughter against the son, but I don't think - as the DA is alleging - that there was some elaborate plot where the father killed the mother and then killed the son for the purpose of covering up the stabbing murder. To me I just think the person with a history of mental illness and of using a knife as a weapon who saw his parents as demons that he wanted to rid the world of and who were in the process of evicting him has a stronger motive/reason than the father wanting to kill the mother and using the son's murder to cover it up...I think the father may be guilty of something very serious, just not killing the mother.

Snipped by me:

Also the parents were in the process of evicting him:
An LAPD detective told the Daily News last week there had been problems between the son and the father, with the son reportedly vandalizing the home. In addition, the couple was in the process of evicting the son from the house.
http://www.mercurynews.com/california/ci_29727648/police-homophobia-not-key-factor-why-los-angeles

This article gives more info on what the father says happened in the house regarding the murders:

"The elder Issa told Los Angeles police officers that he found his deceased wife in the bathroom of the home at 15062 Rayen Street.

Issa [the father] said he then heard noises, thought it might be an intruder, and armed himself with a gun. He said he started looking around and encountered his son, who in court documents also goes by the name of Amier Issa. The elder Issa claimed his son was threatening him with a knife. A shooting then took place, authorities said."

And info about the son:

"He [the son] had been arrested after he slashed the face of a man with whom he shared a "tumultuous romantic relationship," in 2008.

Issa [the son], who goes by the name Amir on his Facebook account, had been sent to Patton State Hospital twice after a judge determined he was not mentally competent to stand trial.

His behavior during trial was described as "irrational, inappropriate and paranoid," and his testimony "was combative with both his attorney and the prosecution," according to one court document. He fled to Las Vegas while the jury deliberated and was found with "various medications, large quantities of salt he had been ingesting, a rope and a tent." "

:(

I thought that I didn't shock easily, but the video was deeply disturbing. What kind of a family has conversations like that, especially knowing it's being videoed?
I first thought that the son stabbed the mother and then the father shot the son, mainly because different weapons were used. Now I don't really know what to think. I read that Amir moved out once and came back a couple of years ago, iirc. Why would he want to return to such a toxic environment?

I thought that I didn't shock easily, but the video was deeply disturbing. What kind of a family has conversations like that, especially knowing it's being videoed?
I first thought that the son stabbed the mother and then the father shot the son, mainly because different weapons were used. Now I don't really know what to think. I read that Amir moved out once and came back a couple of years ago, iirc. Why would he want to return to such a toxic environment?

I got the impression from the news article posted above that the son lived with his parents as part of his probation. ??

I got the impression from the news article posted above that the son lived with his parents as part of his probation. ??

From what I can tell the probation ended a few years ago and he moved out but then relatively recently his parents let him move back in without it being part of probation. Most recently they were planning on selling their home and were trying to forcefully evict him since he wasn't leaving voluntarily and LE themselves said the son recently vandalized the home.

The latest is now other family members are siding with the deceased son and accusing the father of domestic abuse:
http://bakersfieldnow.com/news/local/los-angeles-family-members-praise-slain-mother-brother

Even with this new information about the father potentially having done DV, I still don't think the father killed both of them with the son being killed for purposes of a cover-up. So far we haven't heard about the father having a criminal record or any police activity as a result of the father's actions. If the father does have some sort of relevant criminal/police record then I might change my mind, just right now it looks like the son had more reasons and have practically posted a death threat against him family.

The son's reference to him being Christ on his facebook SCREAMS Schizophrenia. Very, very, sad.

From what I can tell the probation ended a few years ago and he moved out but then relatively recently his parents let him move back in without it being part of probation. Most recently they were planning on selling their home and were trying to forcefully evict him since he wasn't leaving voluntarily and LE themselves said the son recently vandalized the home.

The latest is now other family members are siding with the deceased son and accusing the father of domestic abuse:
http://bakersfieldnow.com/news/local/los-angeles-family-members-praise-slain-mother-brother

Even with this new information about the father potentially having done DV, I still don't think the father killed both of them with the son being killed for purposes of a cover-up. So far we haven't heard about the father having a criminal record or any police activity as a result of the father's actions. If the father does have some sort of relevant criminal/police record then I might change my mind, just right now it looks like the son had more reasons and have practically posted a death threat against him family.

BBM

So, it looks like the family will not be standing by the father as he faces these charges. I'm sure the tension and problems in that household have been going on for years -almost seems like they were addicted to being mean to each other.

JMO

The son was a disgusting pig. Why would you ask your parents that question in the first place? The mom was a moron for answering and the dad was abusive for calling his wife a "fat bit)h". I saw the death threat posted (in my opinion it was and LE is dumb if they don't see that) by the son.

Here's some more details on the son's past violent crime, which was considered DV:
Amier Rocky Issa, 33, of La Jolla, will be transferred from a jail here to Patton State Hospital where he will be housed and receive psychiatric medication. San Diego Superior Court Judge Frederick Maguire wrote that Issa lacks the capacity to decide whether to take certain medications which are needed for his recovery.

Issa was convicted Oct. 6, 2010, of assault with a deadly weapon upon Michael Serrato, 29, a Hillcrest waiter who received a 5-inch slash from a knife across his face. Around 6:20 pm on July 11, 2008, when Serrato was walking home from work, Issa committed the crime. Serrato went to a hospital and received 20 stitches on his face, as well as eight stitches on the inside of his mouth.
http://lgbtweekly.com/2011/02/03/gay-man-committed-to-mental-institution-for-crime-of-passion/
Issa was ordered to complete a 52-week class for domestic-violence batterers and must avoid all contact with the victim, Michael Serrato, 29, and the restaurants where Serrato works as a waiter. Serrato suffered a 5-inch cut on his face on July 11, 2008, when Issa, who was reportedly stalking Serrato after their relationship ended, confronted Serrato on the street.
http://sdnews.com/view/full_story/1...from-jail-in-face-slashing-case?instance=news

Also him saying he didn't have a criminal record might have been another sign of his mental illness flaring up as I found court records that states this expressly about his felony record with no mention of his felony being expunged, but in fact explains why he was living at home with his parents because employers are hesistant to hire violent felons:
He was apparently offered a job after his conviction as an IT Manager of Electrical Engineering with a $90,000 salary, but was not
hired because of the felony on his record.

A felony on Issa's record will undoubtedly continue to be detrimental to his employability.
http://www.courts.ca.gov/opinions/nonpub/D060603.PDF

Reading all this from the prior instance, it sounds like if this had happened in SD County rather than LA County that the father wouldn't have been charged - at least not in the way it's presented here - as SD seems to show that he's a violently dangerous individual that needs to be medicated to stay sane and he - unlikely apparently his father - was actually convicted of felony DV with knife. I'm wondering if what happened is that a few weeks ago the son started going off his meds and that's what triggered this, which with his post saying there was some sort of conspiracy by his family with the mental health doctors that would sound like someone who would stop taking their mental health meds even though the SD DA made it very clear how important those mental health meds are to his sanity and the judge in his prior case even made it an issue about his capacity to take his mental health meds.

Here's some more details on the son's past violent crime, which was considered DV:

http://lgbtweekly.com/2011/02/03/gay-man-committed-to-mental-institution-for-crime-of-passion/

http://sdnews.com/view/full_story/1...from-jail-in-face-slashing-case?instance=news

Also him saying he didn't have a criminal record might have been another sign of his mental illness flaring up as I found court records that states this expressly about his felony record with no mention of his felony being expunged, but in fact explains why he was living at home with his parents because employers are hesistant to hire violent felons:

http://www.courts.ca.gov/opinions/nonpub/D060603.PDF

Reading all this from the prior instance, it sounds like if this had happened in SD County rather than LA County that the father wouldn't have been charged - at least not in the way it's presented here - as SD seems to show that he's a violently dangerous individual that needs to be medicated to stay sane and he - unlikely apparently his father - was actually convicted of felony DV with knife. I'm wondering if what happened is that a few weeks ago the son started going off his meds and that's what triggered this, which with his post saying there was some sort of conspiracy by his family with the mental health doctors that would sound like someone who would stop taking their mental health meds even though the SD DA made it very clear how important those mental health meds are to his sanity and the judge in his prior case even made it an issue about his capacity to take his mental health meds.

Good sleuthing. Thanks for the info.

The son's reference to him being Christ on his facebook SCREAMS Schizophrenia. Very, very, sad.

That, and thinking that his family is trying to control him while he sleeps. That poor mom. Between her husband and son, she didn't stand a chance.

The arraignment has been postponed and it looks like LE is really starting to back away from their initial claim that he killed his son because he was gay and in fact he may have been telling the truth that that the son killed the mother:
Valley Homicide Bureau Detective Rich Wheeler said authorities now believe the father may have killed the son to cover up his wife’s murder.

“We have a couple of theories — that’s the one we’re running with right now,” Wheeler told the Daily News last week. Issa told police that his son had killed his mother, he said, and that’s another theory that’s being explored.

“We’re exploring all possibilities,” Wheeler added.
http://www.dailynews.com/general-ne...r-north-hills-father-who-allegedly-killed-son
He may have murdered his son, but I don't think he killed his son because the son was gay or as part of some elaborate cover-up because he killed his wife. I think it's more likely that the violently insane knife-using DV abuser son killed his mom (with plans to kills other members of his family as well) because he had gone off his meds and was being evicted by his parents and then the father killed him either in self-defense or in revenge.
http://www.dailynews.com/general-ne...r-north-hills-father-who-allegedly-killed-son

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McKeith
Back