TX TX - Mesquite, WhtMale 24-26, 39UMTX, hit by car, red guitar, moccasin boots, dog?, Jun'77

Clever idea.

I don't make phone calls either. I have hearing issues and it's a struggle, unfortunately. But sometimes I've had luck calling the LE information number and asking for email contact information for the detective or examiner in charge of the case.

I like the idea of calling the LE # and asking for the email address. Am out of town today and tomorrow, but if I don't get some sort of response by Monday I will make the call.

I have left multiple messages with the ME's office. Every time I called I was able to speak to someone and when I started to explain what appears to be the link between the two along with case numbers and NCIC numbers and explain how I was in contact with Detective Moran in Chicago. They tell me I need to speak with the head ME and I can never get anyone to pick up then or even call me back.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

The Porchlight post has the most information about this UID.

One thing I recognised was the fact that his penis was uncircumcised. A little unusual in USA, where circumcision is prevalent. He could have been an immigrant or someone from another country traveling in USA. Canada, maybe? Or some special circumstance. To add to that, his teeth were all natural. They look good from what I can see in the pic. Also a little unusual.

Very happy to hear a response! Also a thank-you to a hayaletcatcher, because the contacts she posted kindly forwarded it to the investigator.

"I appreciate your interest in this case and will do everything possible to answer the questions you presented. I have the case file and it will take a few days to go through it. We had a detective go through the entire case file in 2010 to update and/or correct any information listed on The Doe Network and make an attempt to identify the deceased person. Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions."

Huh. That looks like a very good possibility. I'm a bit concerned about the broken jaw that ought to have shown up in the medical exam, but maybe they just didn't mention it, or perhaps it wasn't noticed for whatever reason. (If they don't take full body x-rays, they can miss things like that, for instance.) Also, he's quite a bit on the tall side. Facially though...very close. Did you look at the post-mortem photo on Porchlight?

Charley Project is not working for me (not just that link, Charley in general). But from the NamUs link he sounds like a pretty good match. The broken bone may not have been mentioned, or it could have went unnoted (like Peggy Sue Houser's broken bone) It says he's 5'4-5'9, and the guy was around 5'8, so that would fit. Good facial resemblance, I think.

Huh. That looks like a very good possibility. I'm a bit concerned about the broken jaw that ought to have shown up in the medical exam, but maybe they just didn't mention it, or perhaps it wasn't noticed for whatever reason. (If they don't take full body x-rays, they can miss things like that, for instance.) Also, he's quite a bit on the tall side. Facially though...very close. Did you look at the post-mortem photo on Porchlight?

I misread the Namus data: he's about the same height as the UID. So the broken bone is the only discrepancy I see, and that could be explained.

The Lieutenant kindly responded once again, and emailed me a copy of the autopsy report as well as an image of his clothing, and answers to my questions!

"Is a photo of his guitar available? NO What brand was the guitar? UNK Was the guitar acoustic or electric? UNK Did it have a traceable serial number? UNK Was there a rough estimate of the cost of the guitar? NO
2) What were the victim's stomach contents? SEE ATTACHED AUTOPSY REPORT Did the victim's toxicology report show he had drugs in his system? SEE ATTACHED AUTOPSY REPORT 3) Are photos of his clothing available? BLACK AND WHITE PHOTO ONLY Were the brands of his clothing discovered? UNK
If so, were the origins of the clothing traced--and which areas and/or stores were they sold in? N/A
4) Would his enlarged heart be a noticeable medical condition that would be observed by a typical doctor? UNK Would his enlarged heart cause issues that could only be resolved through specific medical work? UNK Would he have likely been on medications for his heart condition, before his death? UNK
5) What condition were his hands in? UNK Were they smooth, calloused? FINGER PRINTS APPEAR TO BE SMOOTH Had he had access to fingernail and toenail clippers recently, or were his nails grown out? NAIL CLIPPER WAS IN HIS POCKET Did he have bug bites? SEE ATTACHED AUTOPSY REPORT"

I don't recall seeing a nail clipper mentioned on NamUs or Doe Net--though I very well may have just forgotten about it. Carrying nail clippers in your pocket seems like something one might to do stay clean while travelling, perhaps hitchhiking.
His fingerprints appeared to be smooth. Don't callouses appear on fingers for guitar players? Perhaps that could indicate he was a beginning player.

I read through the autopsy report, and it estimates his age to be 25 years. I don't know if I'm allowed to post the autopsy report here, but if I can I will.

I need to transfer the photo of the clothing from a .pdf to a .jpg, but once I figure that out, I will post it. It's only one photo and the clothing items as well as the contents of his pockets are spread out across a table/bench.

Wow, nice work!

A nail clipper is something a guitar player would carry. When I'm playing regularly (which hasn't been recently, sigh), my fingers get tough, but it's not exactly like a callus from working. It's sort of underneath, if that makes any sense.

Wow. That's excellent Springrain. I haven't gotten any replies from the few people I've contacted.

About the circumcision (or lack of it), only about 50% of baby boys born in the 1950s were circumcised, and it grew steadily from there. One source I found said that in the early 50s it was only 50% but by 1959, it was 90%. So, he could still be an American male with a foreskin depending on when he was born. If he were found in the 80s or later and wasn't circumcised, I would definitely consider him from being outside of the US, but his estimated age possibly puts him on the cut off, no pun intended.

And really there isn't any characteristic about any of our UIDs that is one hundred per cent. It may give us clues, but it doesn't rule anything in or out.

Thanks!

Last night I typed up an email that contains 15 questions, and it's neat and completed, but it's just sitting there, because I can't find the email information for the Mesquite Police Department or the Dallas County Medical Examiner. I've had the worst of luck with phone calls (i.e. they never answer my carefully worded voice messages), so I won't even go there.

I could send a letter (they have a PO box) but I don't think snail mail would be terribly effective. LOL. But if anyone can dig up the email address, I'll send the email. Something about this poor guys' case grabs at me, even though it's not the type of case I'm usually most interested in.

I will see if I can find it tomorrow for you

I will see if I can find it tomorrow for you

It's ok now--I have been corresponding with the lieutenant in charge of his case. Very polite, responsive man. But thanks for the offer! :)

As I did with Buckskin Girl, I intend to make a Facebook page for him tomorrow. I know it seems played out, but it really does help the word get put out.

Here's the page:
https://www.facebook.com/1977MesquiteJohnDoe/

I honestly think it's just a matter of getting word out. He was such a nice-looking guy, someone ought to remember him. Even if he was a transient, I'm sure someone would remember an attractive 30-or-so-year-old guy with a dog and red guitar.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L1752
Back