CA CA - Elvira Babb, 57, Vallejo, 30 June 2016

SophieRose

Reaction score
Oh no! Being this is July 9, I wonder if he met the kidnappers demand and then his mother was not returned?

I remember when kidnapping was usually done for a ransom, back in the days. As many kidnappings as we have now, the police would really have a fiasco on their hands!

I hope they can find this lady soon and she is safe.

:( They killed her dog too

Vallejo police said Saturday they are investigating a kidnapping for ransom case in which a woman was taken hostage and her dog was found dead.

(...)

Police identified Espinoza as the "primary suspect" and say none of the alleged kidnappers are divulging the victim's location. All of the suspects have criminal records and are "well acquainted with one another," police said.

The Federal Bureau of Investigations has been assisting on the case, but the police are now reaching out to the public in hopes of finding Elvira.

The kidnappers have asked for less than six figures, but police are not releasing the exact amount.
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...ing-Kidnapping-for-Ransom-Case-386152091.html

Dang, I feel for this poor woman, her son & her dog. I wonder if you're right 1&2&3.....maybe the son paid the ransom already. This is awful.

http://abc7news.com/news/4-arrested-in-vallejo-kidnapping-for-ransom;-victim-still-missing/1420565/

Vallejo police say they have arrested four suspects in connection with the kidnapping for ransom of a 57-year-old woman. The victim has not been found.

Police said they first received a report from the victim's 36-year-old son John Babb that his mother, Elvira Babb of Vallejo, was the victim of a kidnaping for ransom on July 1.

The ABC article seems to have a typo: “That same evening, John Babb went to his mother's home at 101 Daniels Avenue in Vallejo and did find his mother. Her small dog was found dead inside the home, but there were no signs of of forced entry.”

Anyhow, the whole thing really gives me the creeps.

Oh no! Being this is July 9, I wonder if he met the kidnappers demand and then his mother was not returned?

I remember when kidnapping was usually done for a ransom, back in the days. As many kidnappings as we have now, the police would really have a fiasco on their hands!

I hope they can find this lady soon and she is safe.

I wonder if this started out as a home invasion and if they couldn't get any money/valuables, they kidnapped her for ransom.

I wonder how they came about this kidnapping scheme. I'm thinking that they must know someone that's close to the family.
The fact that they are not talking is worrisome.

This article says:
"A neighbor who lived near the victim told NBC Bay Area that Espinoza used to live in the building a few years back."
So the victim probably knew who he was.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...ing-Kidnapping-for-Ransom-Case-386152091.html
In the article above it lists the names of the perps. One's first name is Lovely...really?!? Hope she can get her(assuming the female) life together and live up to the name of Lovely.

Sent from my SCH-I545

It's horrible to kidnap someone. It's even more of a sign of pathology to kill the dog while you're at it. Disgusting. Doesn't look good :(

http://www.timesheraldonline.com/ge...-woman-kidnapped-for-ransom-suspects-arrested

Basset said the exact amount of the ransom requested was not being released, but that it was “under six figures.”

snip

The dog’s cause of death was undetermined pending a toxicology report, Bassett said.

snip

Police know that Espinoza was an acquaintance of Elvira, though the extent of their relationship was unknown.

I wonder how they came about this kidnapping scheme. I'm thinking that they must know someone that's close to the family.
The fact that they are not talking is worrisome.

Is it not strange that they have her son's phone number? Or did they get it from her or her phone? Why do they think her relatives would have money for ransom available?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back